***Official Heart of Midlothian v Dundee United Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

24 minutes ago, One five said:

This is it with McKay he can do nothing then pop up with a match winning pass such a skilful player.

McKay is a left winger, that’s where he does his best work and that’s where he played in the second half to great effect!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Morgan

• King prawn

• Gmcjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, haj said:

Yet another win. Well done Robbie Neilson.

Can’t argue with that however Robbie can please bin this back 3 and go to the back 4 we changed to! 

2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

4-2-4 now

I’d love us to go back to a good old 4-3-3

Just looking at the BBC and noticed that Utd were playing a 343, think Aberdeen did also + HIbs + St Mirren. 

Does everyone just play the same ****ing formation now?

10 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

McKay is a left winger, that’s where he does his best work and that’s where he played in the second half to great effect!

Agreed 👍

Brilliant to beat them. I know for the majority they get their personal bragging rights against Hibs - and of course I do too in terms of social media and of course it is our rivals - but I know so many Utd fans and most of my kids friends and parents are all Utd fans so it makes it that bit sweeter. 

They really are a team of animals and absolute hatchet men.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, jr ewing said:

You watching what other teams do?

Got to pay attention or you end up looking daft.

For example, I paid attention to other teams way back in November then based on that  I predicted we'd be 3rd by January. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Got out of jail today. 

3rd place teams just have the ability to  turn things round.

The Mercer Takeover

Great win in the end, with one of the best goals of all-time at Tynecastle, however that was another really poor performance.

Neilson has to stop tinkering and playing players out of position.

Thunder and Lightning
1 hour ago, Gmcjambo said:

Distance, illness and was it not also a sell out?  ST waiting list is about 2,500 no?   Very critical post when you don't know peoples circumstances.

Aw sorry, you want to go now we are good again aye? OK hun. 

Thunder and Lightning
1 hour ago, jamboj said:

Ahm a better supportur than yoo

Ooft that classic shan spelling dirge. OK mate gid wan likez.

Thunder and Lightning
1 hour ago, Clark Griswold said:

Nobody has to answer to you dude, do one. 

I never said they did, they spouted shite from their armchair, I called them out. 

I'll do as I please. Back in your box. 

Edited by Thunder and Lightning

Nick Walsh deserves a special mention.

United keeper was at the time wasting all game and he was not the slightest bit interested. The very instant Gino does the same, he’s right there with the yellow.

Gino stupid for the dissent though

Shooter McGavin
29 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

Nick Walsh is one of the most incompetent referees I have ever seen.

How many ridiculous tackles do you see go unpunished, but then a player claps their hands and that somehow equals a yellow card.

Refs need to get over themselves, gimps.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

Was happy with the formation, but yet again I thought the problem was personnel.  Two elder statesman in midfield , one coming back from injury, against a team fighting for their lives.  Grant should’ve started, or at least Kio who he brought on v Rangers and at least showed fight and endeavour. (Even though I’m not a big fan)…..Forrest isn’t good enough either 

Snodgrass did more running in the first half than his younger team mates.

It’s really a matter of workrate imo.  We need put more energy and intent into our movements per player.  It all looks too relaxed and playing around in a ridged manner. So easy to defend against in that first half.  

Great comeback win in the end but it could only be that after a horrid first half.  

As for United…..put the boot in but it was amateur hour. It seems like the art of tackling is getting worse.  Running through the back of players heels without any control or balance, leaving their foot in and nicking players when the ball is away.  Call some of it the dark arts and I’m not against a hard, physical game but it’ was schoolboy quality tackling on many occasions. 

Good post, looks like Dave Bowman does the tackling training to me. 

20 minutes ago, Vlad Magic said:

Watching on Alba.

Is the commentator a Rangers fan?

Keeps talking about it being a hun a hun.

1-1 😂.    Not for long though 😋 

For Ginnelly's timewasting
Ball went out of play
94:34
Ball was kicked to him
94:47
Gino dropped the ball for Shankland
94:56

That's 9 seconds of time wasting for a yellow card 😂

Every Dundee Utd goal kick was taking 30 seconds plus till last 15 minutes

Ref is a prick

43 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

Nick Walsh is one of the most incompetent referees I have ever seen.

He was stood ten yards away from Edwards tackle and i dont think he even gave a free kick did he?

49 minutes ago, 151 said:

Brilliant to beat them. I know for the majority they get their personal bragging rights against Hibs - and of course I do too in terms of social media and of course it is our rivals - but I know so many Utd fans and most of my kids friends and parents are all Utd fans so it makes it that bit sweeter. 

They really are a team of animals and absolute hatchet men.

Iv always had a soft spot for them but it gets less each time we play them. It literally is kick lumps. That red for Edwards is about 5games and 1274625 injuries to our players too late. 

United are a horrible side full of thugs who have been told to kick their way out of the relegation fight.

Hope it's them that go down, or Killie because of their pitch.

1 minute ago, RobboM said:

Ball went out of play
Ball was kicked to him

Ref is a prick

We do seem to get our players sent off very easily compared to the rest.

10 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I know what you mean.... especially when he does come forward (usually overlapping Mackay) he regularly causes problems. When we're playing well, this is a move that generally provides goals.

We called it @Debut 4 🤣🤣🤣

2 hours ago, FoH forever said:

What a joke, they've been wasting time all game and Gino gets booked, daft to react but still. 

2 hours ago, OTT said:

I hate when goalkeepers time waste, so its nice to see Humps sending that time wasting **** head first into his own net. Love to see it :D 

A bit irked at Gino's red card. Pointless bit of disrespect. Can understand his annoyance (where were the yellows for Utd's time waste from basically minute 10?). Time wasting doesn't just happen in the final couple of minutes, despite that being the only time the ref actually deals with it.

Think Robbies subs changed the game, and full credit to him for that. I do want to see us start games better. Something in our pre-match prep isn't right because its almost every game we're 2nd out of the traps and putting ourselves on the back foot momentum wise. 

What really grinds my beans is when refs add on time for time-wasting and then we suffer at 2-1 ahead because Utd cheated earlier, since it gives them incentive to push for an equaliser.

Gino was silly but that ref deserved it imo.

2 hours ago, jock _turd said:

One thing that really grinds my cogs on kickback? I don't think there was one player on the pitch today that was not a useless git according to some posters on here. Why not just hold your tongue and let the game play out then by all means debate the merits of players after the game . Kickback is probably the  worst place to follow a game when you cannot be there . From less than ten minutes in the players were getting abuse.

You should have heard the old boys I was beside today, they absolutely pelted the players to a man for most of the match, but fair to say they do give credit when we make a play - were absolutely buzzing at Guol's pace and speed of thought. 

6 minutes ago, sadj said:

3goals v 1 goal james 😉😝

yes i have had that reply a few times :) 

3 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Can run but that’s about it 

Please elaborate on how you think thats all he has? Love to learn about football nuances from you…..

periodictabledancer
15 minutes ago, RobboM said:

Ball went out of play
Ball was kicked to him

Ref is a prick

I actually timed one - in the first half - they wasted just short of 30 secs. 

3 hours ago, frasting said:

can all the mouth breathers and pant wetters shut up now? 

That's like asking for rain to stop being wet, or ice to stop being cold!

2 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

I actually timed one - in the first half - they wasted just short of 30 secs. 

I watch the clock too 😂

Thing is the World Cup showed the refs have it entirely in their power to deal with it. Just add time. Lots of it. Could easily have been 10 added minutes that second half

Big issue in first half was Snodgrass being so deep, meaning we had 2 players extra at the back doing nothing leaving everyone else with no space.

Him picking up the ball so deep is ok against a pressing team but today United hardly pressed at all. We only started playing when Grant / Snodgrass played alongside each other rather than Snoddy sitting on top of the defence.

I just can’t see why we didn’t start the game with a back 4, or at least Snodgrass much further forward. We are a better team with Grant in it since although he has his faults he finds good positions and creates space for others. I think he had the first pass to a strikers feet at the edge of the box after 75.

Our midfield wouldn’t have been so bad if Halliday/Snodgrass had lined up like this to start with. Why Neilson didn’t spot this in the first half I’ll never know.

Kuol is clearly very raw - good work for the goal but it’s clear he’s miles from being a starter just now. 

Really pleased for Cochrane though. After Kingsleys horror show midweek I was stunned Cochrane was dropped. 

Hopefully that will give him confidence to get forward a bit more - his finishing is pretty good!

1 hour ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Aw sorry, you want to go now we are good again aye? OK hun. 

Eh?   I’m an ST with my daughter but we live 500 miles away.     Go when we can buy bloody expensive to fly now.   Use ticket exchange when not going.  My way of supporting the club.  No idea what your agenda is.  

28 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

**** united. 

Screenshot_20230205-072056~2.png

Having two United’s in the picture is all wrong for the song. 

Edited by GinRummy