***Official Heart of Midlothian v Dundee United Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

1 minute ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Usual knee jerk nonsense from the armchair fans. 

Try getting off your arse and going to support the team as opposed to sitting on here posting nonsense. 

Weak excuses incoming. (distance and illness excepted)

Johnny come lately!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Morgan

• King prawn

• Gmcjambo

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

I feel bad for Gino but he might find it hard to get his place back with Humps and Kuol waiting for their chance.

He'll get a lot of credit from the coaching staff for his performance today. He did the hard yards and did well at right back.

Ironically he's not getting sent off if he's further forward but Robbie can hardly be too harsh on him with his moaning at referees.

Edited by Mikey1874

12 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Ginnelly deserved it he got booked for time wasting then sarcastically clapped the ref he was an arse.

Yet no yellow cards for united for time wasting despite them doing so extensively from the sending off midway through first half? He didn’t even hurry them up, yet first time for us yellow card (and thus red card)

3 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Try getting off your arse and going to support the team as opposed to sitting on here posting nonsense. 

Distance, illness and was it not also a sell out?  ST waiting list is about 2,500 no?   Very critical post when you don't know peoples circumstances.

Edited by Gmcjambo

Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

How the hell did we win that game?

Combination of luck (their sending off) and perseverence. We've had a few wins off the back of poor performances recently. The poor play is disappointing, but we can be very happy with the way we're digging in and grinding out results.

1 minute ago, Bindy Badgy said:

n be very happy with the way we're digging in and grinding out results.

yes true 

August Landmesser
34 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

It’s on Alba at 6pm 

No need to start watching until about 7.15 :D

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Maybe if we stopped putting sprinklers on we would play better on a dryer surface?!

We won, your day got even worse.

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Our offence scored 3 soccer shots to their 1.

8 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Ahm a better supportur than yoo

Just now, GinRummy said:

Scored three times. 😀

ok ok 

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Our offence scored 3 soccer shots to their 1.

ok ok:) 

3 minutes ago, HMFC 86 said:

Yet no yellow cards for united for time wasting despite them doing so extensively from the sending off midway through first half? He didn’t even hurry them up, yet first time for us yellow card (and thus red card)

Yet again a team loses time they then need later by time wasting.

I thought Dundee United did well today and looking at their side they should be doing better. They need to ditch the over physical approach as its counter productive once teams learn to expect it. A calmer Edward's doesn't make that mistake. 

Was annoyed there were so many empty spaces as was desperate to take the laddie but no child tickets came up on the ticket exchange😞

We were really unlucky with the one that came off the post with their keeper rooted. Chuffed humps got his goal. Feel he’s one of these guys that’ll fly through pure confidence 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
20 minutes ago, cosanostra said:

I feel bad for Gino but he might find it hard to get his place back with Humps and Kuol waiting for their chance.

We as a team needed Gino to be out next game IMO.

Both potential replacements will add more overall as I see it.

periodictabledancer
9 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Usual "usual knee jerk nonsense" from fans who can't just enjoy the result. 

13 minutes ago, JAYEL said:

Memorable game for one thing only

What a GOAL. !!

and the 3 points 🤪

Cochranes goal a really good team goal as well. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Excellent team goal from back to front and right to left - hopefully the 2nd half and 3 goals builds the confidence and get's our form back on track.

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I was shouting at him to run through on goal but decent second option. 

Kuol celebrating as it entered the penalty area...he knew :greggy:

Clark Griswold
13 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Nobody has to answer to you dude, do one. 

Just now, Gmcjambo said:

Excellent team goal from back to front and right to left - hopefully the 2nd half and 3 goals builds the confidence and get's our form back on track.

Hope so mate. Getting a few goals on that shanner plastic pitch on Friday should give us a boost. We miss Cammy and Smith. 

5 minutes ago, Eddiepolio3 said:

Was annoyed there were so many empty spaces as was desperate to take the laddie but no child tickets came up on the ticket exchange😞

Ticket exchange doesn’t sell child tickets even if already was a concession 

Just now, Newton51 said:

Ticket exchange doesn’t sell child tickets even if already was a concession 

Balls, never realised that!!

3 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

Usual "usual knee jerk nonsense" from fans who can't just enjoy the result. 

You can't enjoy the result until the end of the game and 'performance' is a seprate things to comment on than 'result'.   The comments were posters sharing their view of the performance (set up,  player selection, qaulity of play etc) as the game progresses - and let's be honest,  the 1st half was a very poor performance.   Sharing of views is what happens in the stands all the time,  it's just more visible on here as it's social media.

22 minutes ago, ramrod said:

This, far superior to Kingsley at left wing back 

Absolutely, showed energy and provided forward impetus. Changed game

Big difference for me £5 for an 11 year old or £27 on the ticket exchange. Can't really justify that just now. The wee man will be gutted he missed humph's goal! 

18 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

We scored 3 goals to their 1.

Everton had 28.1% possession against Arsenal. They had more attempts at goal and scored a goal, Arsenal didn't.

Goals win matches, all other stats are immaterial.

Edited by John Findlay

Play. A. Back. 4.

Ta

Anyway much better second half. Subs were spot on and what a goal from Humphrys!!

10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

McKay's reverse slide pass was exquisite 😀.

Cochrane took it really well though 

32 minutes ago, gator said:

It's a funny game sometimes, we looked lost for long periods even against 10 men and probably should have been further behind, doom and gloom sets in and I am thinking staying in 3rd might be a challenge then we take the lead through 2 well worked goals and Humphries scores a beauty and I come away feeling quite good despite our shortcomings! 😀

You just summed up today in one sentence for all of us!  👍

StirlingJambo

Good result, poor first half. There’s a running theme with us starting with wingbacks and really struggling then Neilson either changes it at half time or 60 mins in and we improve dramatically. Stick to formation that suits players. Grant a kuol changed the game for us today

22 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

McKay's reverse slide pass was exquisite 😀.

Cochrane took it really well though 

This is it with McKay he can do nothing then pop up with a match winning pass such a skilful player.

Was happy with the formation, but yet again I thought the problem was personnel.  Two elder statesman in midfield , one coming back from injury, against a team fighting for their lives.  Grant should’ve started, or at least Kio who he brought on v Rangers and at least showed fight and endeavour. (Even though I’m not a big fan)…..Forrest isn’t good enough either 

Snodgrass did more running in the first half than his younger team mates.

It’s really a matter of workrate imo.  We need put more energy and intent into our movements per player.  It all looks too relaxed and playing around in a ridged manner. So easy to defend against in that first half.  

Great comeback win in the end but it could only be that after a horrid first half.  

As for United…..put the boot in but it was amateur hour. It seems like the art of tackling is getting worse.  Running through the back of players heels without any control or balance, leaving their foot in and nicking players when the ball is away.  Call some of it the dark arts and I’m not against a hard, physical game but it’ was schoolboy quality tackling on many occasions. 

Just watching the highlights back.

22 mins in and it’s apparent United are kicking lumps out our boys.

Shankland lucky as **** for his assault on Hill requiring treatment.

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Was happy with the formation, but yet again I thought the problem was personnel.  Two elder statesman in midfield , one coming back from injury, against a team fighting for their lives.  Grant should’ve started, or at least Kio who he brought on v Rangers and at least showed fight and endeavour. (Even though I’m not a big fan)…..Forrest isn’t good enough either 

Snodgrass did more running in the first half than his younger team mates.

It’s really a matter of workrate imo.  We need put more energy and intent into our movements per player.  It all looks too relaxed and playing around in a ridged manner. So easy to defend against in that first half.  

Great comeback win in the end but it could only be that after a horrid first half.  

As for United…..put the boot in but it was amateur hour. It seems like the art of tackling is getting worse.  Running through the back of players heels without any control or balance, leaving their foot in and nicking players when the ball is away.  Call some of it the dark arts and I’m not against a hard, physical game but it’ was schoolboy quality tackling on many occasions. 

Always remember Robbie himself (in an open goal interview) saying the thing you need in the middle with this formation is “legs”. So if he knows it why do we not change formation to suit the players. 

8 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Always remember Robbie himself (in an open goal interview) saying the thing you need in the middle with this formation is “legs”. So if he knows it why do we not change formation to suit the players. 

true

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I think its about trust and neither Grant or Kio have earned his trust. Grant has literally done the opposite (2 stupid red cards and appears unable to make a simple pass) and Kio hasn't exactly hit the ground running. He knows with Halliday you're going to get graft. I can see why he did it, but the bigger concern is why we've signed two centre mids that aren't good enough. 

Think in the summer we need to look at CM and see what we can do to improve things there massively. I don't doubt getting Beni back will be a big plus, but also worth remember both him and Devlin will be into their final 12 months, and the club may feel they need to sell if neither are willing to commit to new deals. 

Baccus at St Mirren is a player I like the look of, although as with most Scottish teams, they'll be looking for more than we can afford. He'll be into his final year then, so maybe we can get a precontract next January. 

5 minutes ago, OTT said:

I think its about trust and neither Grant or Kio have earned his trust. Grant has literally done the opposite (2 stupid red cards and appears unable to make a simple pass) and Kio hasn't exactly hit the ground running. He knows with Halliday you're going to get graft. I can see why he did it, but the bigger concern is why we've signed two centre mids that aren't good enough. 

Think in the summer we need to look at CM and see what we can do to improve things there massively. I don't doubt getting Beni back will be a big plus, but also worth remember both him and Devlin will be into their final 12 months, and the club may feel they need to sell if neither are willing to commit to new deals. 

Baccus at St Mirren is a player I like the look of, although as with most Scottish teams, they'll be looking for more than we can afford. He'll be into his final year then, so maybe we can get a precontract next January. 

Aye seems fair.  I do wonder if things get easier for guys like grant and Kio if we play three centre mids. 4-3-3 or 3-5-2.  My issue today is United we’re on top of our young defence very easily. 

Agree we need to look at it again in the summer but if Beni and Devlin are available it’s problem solved imo.