*** Hearts Summer Transfer Thread*** Offiah signs on loan

Selkirkhmfc1874

Ricardo Quaresma
9 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Hes left early for a reason.  His Wigan contract will be paid on wages more than we can pay.  Why would we have him back?

He was signed by wigan in L1; no idea what he was paid by them, but they weren't paying him at the time; he would've maybe been getting money from us, but I would guess our loan wages were being paid to wigan and they were giving him F all

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

• Replies 36.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Batistuta87

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ricardo Quaresma
7 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Journalist German Garcia Grova claimed that Hearts were keen on the player last month, tweeting:

“Adolfo Gaich has a chance to continue in Verona. The team intends to renew the loan of the 24-year-old striker. Also, the Hearts of Scotland is interested in the striker whose pass belongs to CSKA."

Club's stated we're not interested in this guy

Naisys Tackle
4 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

He was signed by wigan in L1; no idea what he was paid by them, but they weren't paying him at the time; he would've maybe been getting money from us, but I would guess our loan wages were being paid to wigan and they were giving him F all

-

I dont think for a second we covered all his wage just to send him back when we had vital games at the end of the season tbh. 

Jack Whatmough not a bad player, quite a few bad reviews on him,saying attitude and off field antics.

Reckon he will have a move lined up.

14 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

It’s not a case of not needing a bigger stadium. Clearly if you have a waiting list showing a possible 50% increase in ST holders, that’s an option you have to evaluate

The issue for me is that a 30k seater stadium cannot be fitted into the CURRENT stadium footprint

If you accept that, there are two options lefr

1. Purchase or acquire land in the vicinity of the current footprint and rebuild 1 or more of the 3 older stands

2. Sell the current plot and move to a new purpose built stadium

Whatever way you cut it, options 1&2 are massively expensive, option 1 being the cheaper IMO but still probably north of £50 million (just going by what the new main stand cost here)

I just don’t see where that money could be sourced from so in terms of it actually getting done, it’s a fantasy.

No-one on our board has money,or ways of making it.

Edited by Bongo 1874

2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Offers far more than some do in the squad.

Who offered more last season

Mcgrath for Dundee Utd. Halliday for Hearts. Forrest for Hearts ?

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

I dont think for a second we covered all his wage just to send him back when we had vital games at the end of the season tbh. 

We had Kuol also and he only made 1 app; we would have stopped paying for Humphrys and left the settling up to them for the rest of his year and his deal, with 1 year left on top of that

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

No-one on our board has money,or ways of making it.

I’d say no one on our board has both the finances/money raising capabilities AND the willingness to plough £50-£100million into a stadium project

Watt-Zeefuik
11 hours ago, Sooks said:

reminds me of Juanma a wee bit 

Yeah but if it were Juanma half of those goals would have been chalked off as offsides.

7 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I’d say no one on our board has both the finances/money raising capabilities AND the willingness to plough £50-£100million into a stadium project

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.scotsman.com/news/people/hearts-benefactor-james-anderson-donates-100m-to-johns-hopkins-university-in-italy-3948597&ved=2ahUKEwja7o-Z4K2AAxVoQUEAHfFrDXQQFnoECBQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2jD41jLD8V0Keg5aiqYPqQ

Him and Ann and name the stand after them.

Edited by Bongo 1874

Ricardo Quaresma
10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I dunno about that  Bongo

We may want to look into acquiring a strip of land to the North if those developers aren't going to build close to the stadium, then we may have scope to build round from the Gorgie right round to the main with a quite 'Grand Design'

Just don't know where they're building and whether they're restricted in that patch of the land

Anyway, this isn't the thread for that

P.S. - That link will track anyone who clicks on it, you need the 'Google search link fix' extension on your browser to get rid of it :)

29 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

£100 million (a substantial percentage of his personal wealth)to one of the foremost research institutions in the world at the leading edge of the fight against cancers and Alzheimer’s, no doubt with associated tax benefits(and why not) of which he is patron and has supported them passionately for 25 years

£100 million for a new build football stadium which a benefits a small number of people and doesn’t give anything back to global society and doesn’t guarantee that football club 1 single piece of sporting success 

Nae difference there right enough

No danger he is doing that. We’re very thankful to get the £3-£4 million a year of course,  but fantasy is the word if you think he is fronting up multi millions for a substantial capacity increase or a new build stadium

And of course we are miles off topic so I’m leaving it there and we can take it up on the other thread at some stage if you want

Edited by JimmyCant

David McCaig
5 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

McGrath terminates his Wigan contract. On his way to us?

God, I hope not, he'd just be another quantity over quality youth blocker.

David McCaig
10 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I'd like to know if the club & Calem agreed to apply for the visa / permit far ahead of the transfer agreement, because that's way faster than Rowles's wait

They should be telling us if they're that forward-thinking, it'll go a long way to calming some people down and believing in them

Surely they'll just access @bongo1874 's content for the gen :)

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/calem-nieuwenhof-hearts-transfer-latest-30516355

We went to the SFA early to confirm that they would support our application.

6 minutes ago, Spookie said:

Jack WhatMough free agent after terminating his Wigan Contract 

Would be a superb piece of business 

Coventry and Preston interested.  

Gorgierools
6 hours ago, tazhearts said:

We won't be able to match his Wigan wages.

So we would only have a chance of signing for him if no other teams down south are interested.

At least he'd knows he'd actually get his wages with us.

6 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

For sure, he burst on to the scene with st mirren. Again, how they played Levitt Vs how they played McGrath comes into it as well.

I mean for a midfielder in a relegated side, his contributions (goals and assists) were in to double figures so not a bad return imo 

Pace is the thing that we badly need and he has that in abundance. We can put him in a role where he can roam and cause havoc (assuming the likes of Beni and Dev or Beni and Calem) are behind him shoring things up. 

Might give Shanks and Boyce a bit more space to get into scoring positions 

I'm speculating only. Appreciate we might not even be in for him but if we do sign him, it wouldn't be a bad move imo 

Especially if he has terminated his contract and we get him for nothing ... Bearing in mind the vermin paid 350k to get Levitt 

He won't be taking penalties here if Shankland's fit. Outside of those he got 2 goals and 2 assists in the league last season. Similar story in his time at St Mirren.

McGrath would he an unimaginative and poor signing in my view. 

We need pace, he does not have it. 

And it is another example of the “quality over quantity” mantra being pure fantasy.  

44 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Coventry and Preston interested.  

Portsmouth too 

Unlikely but he'd be a solid signing 👌 

Just now, hearts00 said:

And it is another example of the “quality over quantity” mantra being pure fantasy.  

You sure he doesn’t have pace. I noticed him at St Mirren and thought he was quite quick  A few years ago so appreciate that can sometimes change with injuries or age. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

You sure he doesn’t have pace. I noticed him at St Mirren and thought he was quite quick  A few years ago so appreciate that can sometimes change with injuries or age. 

I might be confusing him with Levitt. Didn’t think either of them were naturally quick. 

That’s what we need, pace, pace, pace. 

However, it is fair to say one positive that he can play left, right and in the no. 10, so at least that’s something. 

1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

God, I hope not, he'd just be another quantity over quality youth blocker.

Cant see McGrath coming to Hearts .... if so he would have been signed already

Edited by Disco Ball

8 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

My gut feeling too. Didnt want Levitt, don't want McGrath.

Drylaw Hearts
5 minutes ago, Disco Ball said:

By becoming a free agent any signing on fee has probably just increased……..

BackOfTheNet
7 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Strong runner prepared to work.

Definitely.

There was ample evidence towards the end of his stint that this wasn’t always the case. I liked him, but he missed far too many games with “niggles” and for me lacked a bit. Has the attributes but never applied them properly. And him leaving early last season suggests more than just sorting his Wigan situation out.

BackOfTheNet

McGrath is a no for me. Having Devlin, Baningime, Haring and now Nieuwenhof suggests we’re either going 4-3-2-1 or 4-2-3-1 and McGrath doesn’t fit into either of those. Just like Grant already doesn’t and McEneff before him. Naismith might of course be looking to doing something entirely different, but if he is we already have Grant that can do McGrath’s role. So I just don’t see the point of bringing in McGrath.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

54 minutes ago, Disco Ball said:

🫣

The Apprentice
8 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

For sure, he burst on to the scene with st mirren. Again, how they played Levitt Vs how they played McGrath comes into it as well.

I mean for a midfielder in a relegated side, his contributions (goals and assists) were in to double figures so not a bad return imo 

Pace is the thing that we badly need and he has that in abundance. We can put him in a role where he can roam and cause havoc (assuming the likes of Beni and Dev or Beni and Calem) are behind him shoring things up. 

Might give Shanks and Boyce a bit more space to get into scoring positions 

I'm speculating only. Appreciate we might not even be in for him but if we do sign him, it wouldn't be a bad move imo 

Especially if he has terminated his contract and we get him for nothing ... Bearing in mind the vermin paid 350k to get Levitt 

McGrath is not pacy and certainly doesn’t have it in abundance.

Rick Sanchez

I can't see Grant going anywhere after his comments and his pal joining.

McGrath/Grant

Shankland                    Boyce

We don't really have a left winger with McKay out and he played Cochrane there against Mansfield and he's out as well, so we may need to change.

Back to 2005

Presume McGrath has something lined up as people don’t generally resign before they have a new job in place. 

Famous 1874

McGrath is shite. Quality over quantity says McKinley, although you could argue that we’ve already gone against that statement. 

That Silvera been outstanding for Boro supposedly, might end up being a sore one to miss out on. 

BackOfTheNet

McGrath is an Irish international, and is capable, he wouldn’t be the worst signing or anything. But even when there was a lot of people on here wanting him when at St. Mirren he didn’t seem the right fit. Just seems to have more good things said about him than anyone has actually seen of him. Looks like a Hibs signing all day long to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Don't see what McGrath adds that we don't already have. 

Goals from a midfielder maybe?

He's not exactly prolific. I'd take him before Grant tbh but even then it's marginal.

Not sure that McGrath is what we need.

Are people just completely forgetting we have Pollock and Smith to play the same role as McGrath? If he's purely for depth then use our youngsters in that case. Why waste it on an average player who'll be on decent enough money blocking one of our own's progression.

Some serious experts on Jamie McGrath amongst us I see.

Donaldson is well connected. If he's saying we're interested then I'd imagine there is something in this. 

Dennis Reynolds
Just now, cosanostra said:

Goals from a midfielder maybe?

He's not exactly prolific. I'd take him before Grant tbh but even then it's marginal.

Not sure that McGrath is what we need.

Yeah, he just seems like another Grant to me. I'll be honest, midfield is one of the positions I'm pretty happy with and if it's not a significant upgrade, I don't see why we are adding to it.

1 minute ago, Chimp said:

Are people just completely forgetting we have Pollock and Smith to play the same role as McGrath? If he's purely for depth then use our youngsters in that case. Why waste it on an average player who'll be on decent enough money blocking one of our own's progression.

Agree with this. 

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, Carter said:

Some serious experts on Jamie McGrath amongst us I see.

Donaldson is well connected. If he's saying we're interested then I'd imagine there is something in this. 

A whole lot of people on the  “don’t see” train. 

If Naismith sees it, then I’m happy. 

Japan Jambo
2 hours ago, Spookie said:

LOL, you don't share a flat with Bongo by any chance? 😁

Harryspocket

The whole McGrath is shite etc, until he’s playing in the maroon shirt can’t really comment. Seen plenty players labelled “shite players” before they’ve joined us and went on to be the opposite. 

Pretty sure a good few didn’t want Shankland… 🤫

Edited by Harryspocket

Finlay James
21 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

McGrath is shite. Quality over quantity says McKinley, although you could argue that we’ve already gone against that statement. 

That Silvera been outstanding for Boro supposedly, might end up being a sore one to miss out on. 

Going for Silvera surely means we are targeting quality over quantity and by us not signing anyone for the sake of it, we haven’t gone against that statement.

Im delighted with our business so far and general approach.

johnking123
2 hours ago, Spookie said:

If we are selling sibbick. 

1 minute ago, Harryspocket said:

The whole McGrath is shite etc, until he’s playing in the maroon shirt can’t really comment. Seen plenty players labelled “shite players” before they’ve joined us and went on to be the opposite. 

Pretty sure a good few didn’t want Shankland… 🤫

Indeed.

I can’t even begin to describe how shite I thought Paul Hartley was when we signed him. 

Finlay James
9 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

A whole lot of people on the  “don’t see” train. 

If Naismith sees it, then I’m happy. 

This is the only post that matters

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Thread*** Offiah signs on loan