Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Batistuta87

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Robbo-Jambo

McKinley today saying 3,4 possibly 5 quality signings incoming according to a poster on another thread.

No reason to doubt him.

Edited by Robbo-Jambo

The next signings could make or break our season. Especially if we don't get them over the line in time for the first couple of matches.

No Mckay, and Oda seems to have a niggling injury. That leaves Shankland and Forrest our only match fit attackers.

Thats an extremely scary thought. How could we even judge our new management team if we do deal them with that situation. 

Edited by Tour22

Mr Elwood P
Just now, Tour22 said:

The next signings could make or break our season. Especially if we don't get them over the line in time for the couple of matches.

No Mckay, and Oda seems to have a niggling injury. That leaves Shankland and Forrest our only match fit attackers.

Thats an extremely scary thought. How could we even judge our new management team if we have do deal them with that situation. 

Boyce and Grant?

Selkirkhmfc1874
13 minutes ago, Negan said:

I never once moaned about the size or the budget. I said we don't dip into it! And when did I say we did have a bigger budget than the OF? 

Well if we've got 3rd biggest budget what's your gripe?

BackOfTheNet
3 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

McKinley today saying 3,4 possibly 5 quality signings incoming according to a poster on another thread.

He said we wanted “3 or 4, maybe more” for the window. We’ve already signed 3, so I wouldn’t get too excited.

Wilson Wood, Would You?
32 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Ding ding ding he’s done it again 

Should it not be "HOUSE!"

Mr Elwood P
Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

He said we wanted “3 or 4, maybe more” for the window. We’ve already signed 3, so I wouldn’t get too excited.

A really good right back and a really good forward would be just about enough. We must be due a lucky season with injuries. Surely?

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Be at least another couple imo. Get excited. 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Wilson Wood, Would You? said:

Should it not be "HOUSE!"

It could be but depending on how many things you want to cover off the three musketeers are the most common (daily, sometimes hourly) shouts. The odds on it would be 1/10 minimum. 

Robbo-Jambo
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Yeah slightly misread the other posters comments I think 🙄.

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

A really good right back and a really good forward would be just about enough. We must be due a lucky season with injuries. Surely?

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Be at least another couple imo. Get excited. 

Oh I have no doubt at least another two in. Maybe more if an opportunity presents itself or unexpected outgoings happen.

As for injuries, if we get a series of them again then I want us out of the Oriam and the next available transfer budget spent on the best available sports scientists and fitness coaches money can buy.

Edited by BackOfTheNet

10 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Well if we've got 3rd biggest budget what's your gripe?

Read again what I said. Im not repeating myself.

The Mercer Takeover
15 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Boyce and Grant?

Boyce is slower than a stretch in Saughton, and Grant just isn't good enough.

We need pace.

2 hours ago, heartmussel said:

Another name mentioned is Kyosuke Tagawa, think he is playing in Portugal.

I mentioned him on here.

Will be surprised if we are in for him.

Hungry hippo
26 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Yeah, he wasn't giving away any new info on signings.

3 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

Yeah, he wasn't giving away any new info on signings.

Naismith and McAvoy said on sky sports earlier we were hoping to add more bodies so hopefully at least another couple.

Edited by Bob Loblaw

1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

you must've missed the update that the european windfall money is going to be spread over three years.

and also that James Anderson and benefactors don't put their money into the playing budget. Funds from them go to non playing projects. 

Which is fair enough but surely frees up the money that would've been spent on non playing projects for other purposes? 

7 hours ago, Dazo said:

Is it ? How long do these things normally take ? 

You tell me Dazo? you seem  think you're the expert 

Stendelnator
11 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I mentioned him on here.

Will be surprised if we are in for him.

Why not? If we are as big time as you say we are 

Just now, Spookie said:

You tell me Dazo? you seem  think you're the expert 

Do I ? I’m not the one making assumptions about an awfully long time when in actual fact someone mentioned it takes 3 weeks. 

1 hour ago, Negan said:

Sorry for annoying you. 

Nae worries, you are too young to remember Robbo's penalties anyway.  I used to similarly annoy my grandad by talking shite about headers not counting for Willie Bauld.

1 minute ago, Dazo said:

Do I ? I’m not the one making assumptions about an awfully long time when in actual fact someone mentioned it takes 3 weeks. 

You seem to think you are, in your head,  but you're not,  just like me 

You simply Woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and "assumed" I was having a pop, I wasn't to me they take far too long 

Hope you get a better night's sleep the night 👌

RustyRightPeg
29 minutes ago, The Mercer Takeover said:

Boyce is slower than a stretch in Saughton, and Grant just isn't good enough.

We need pace.

What if we sign pace and the pace is shite 

1 minute ago, Spookie said:

You seem to think you are, in your head,  but you're not,  just like me 

You simply Woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning and "assumed" I was having a pop, I wasn't to me they take far too long 

Hope you get a better night's sleep the night 👌

Okay mum. 😂

It isn’t taking a long time though, that’s how long it takes. 

I'm sorry but if the hearts management team are satisfied with the recruitment then there are fundamental questions to be asked. I get the ask for first team players rather than squad fillers but surely they need to be in and playing together before competitive football starts!? We're a right back and pacey forward player away from that and need at least another forward in as backup. The likes of Connor Smith will never make it at Hearts and youth should be challenging the first team squad, not filling it.

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Renoir said:

I'm sorry but if the hearts management team are satisfied with the recruitment then there are fundamental questions to be asked. I get the ask for first team players rather than squad fillers but surely they need to be in and playing together before competitive football starts!? We're a right back and pacey forward player away from that and need at least another forward in as backup. The likes of Connor Smith will never make it at Hearts and youth should be challenging the first team squad, not filling it.

When did they say they were satisfied? If you’re basing it off todays interview then I took it as they’re still looking to strengthen. McKinlay also eluded to such. 

10 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Okay mum. 😂

It isn’t taking a long time though, that’s how long it takes. 

Night Dazo 👍

22 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Why not? If we are as big time as you say we are 

My scouting and recommendations probably aren't good enough.

27 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Which is fair enough but surely frees up the money that would've been spent on non playing projects for other purposes? 

not so sure. I suspect without the benefactors, those projects would either not exist or get very minimal funding (leftovers from the main spend on the mens 1st team etc)

Rocky jamboa
54 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Hopefully we're focusing everything towards an attacking player. Think we'll stick with Atkinson for RB, and he was decent after Naismith came in, plus we probably have guys we can put in there as cover, like Neilson and Sibbick.

We feel a bit short in forward areas now. Shanks, mckay, Boyce and Oda probably the starters but not great options outwith those 4.

Mr Elwood P
Just now, Rocky jamboa said:

Hopefully we're focusing everything towards an attacking player. Think we'll stick with Atkinson for RB, and he was decent after Naismith came in, plus we probably have guys we can put in there as cover, like Neilson and Sibbick.

We feel a bit short in forward areas now. Shanks, mckay, Boyce and Oda probably the starters but not great options outwith those 4.

I would say right back and then forward. The next batch of youth players seems to be attacking players ..

6 hours ago, Negan said:

Being outed as a Hibs fan now 🤣🤣. Maybe it just so happens I got a new profile ??

I wasnt sure if you were a Hibs fan or an extremely negative Hearts fan. 😏 

Rick Sanchez
17 minutes ago, liam11 said:

Take a drink every time Bongo mentions Grant, Halliday and Forrest 🥃 

IMG_4362.gif

:laugh:

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Last night?

Indeed, precautionary, however after 35 mins. Not sure if we can fully depend on him from the get go.

28 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

What if we sign pace and the pace is shite 

At least it’ll be quick shite 😀

1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

No reason to doubt him.

Is that in total? At the moment we have three new signings. So maybe one or two more?

Selkirkhmfc1874
Just now, wavydavy said:

Is that in total? At the moment we have three new signings. So maybe one or two more?

That's way I took it , said a few more 

Robbo-Jambo
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Two more I think.

Hopefully right back and striker.

i wish jj was my dad
3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

😴

Of all the things to level at AH.

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

He said quality signings - don’t think McGovern counts as he is a third choice back-up keeper at best. Hopefully maybe up to three more to come in. 

4 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He said quality signings - don’t think McGovern counts as he is a third choice back-up keeper at best. Hopefully maybe up to three more to come in. 

Sounds like he let in a very soft goal yesterday.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Thread*** Offiah signs on loan