• GinRummy

• Batistuta87

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

A couple of games in the Conference isn't really the appeal you may think it is.    Plymouth can pay more and will play massive clubs weekly.  More importantly for the player it's an easier pathway to a bigger club in the same league should he do well.

Fair point 👍🏽

What would be helpful is if we could have a button at the top of each thread where you could delete every post from a poster with over 10 posts in one day. I reckon it would eradicate the mind numbing bollocks by about 99%. 

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

That will be that then

Not necessarily if money isn't the biggest factor. Middlesbrough v Edinburgh? No contest there imo. 3 Aussies here that he'll know well, all in the national team too. We have some things in our favour 🤞

jamboinglasgow
23 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

A couple of games in the Conference isn't really the appeal you may think it is.    Plymouth can pay more and will play massive clubs weekly.  More importantly for the player it's an easier pathway to a bigger club in the same league should he do well.

While that is true, the problem with joining a Championship club is their squads are huge due to having to play a 46 game season. So it means unless you hit the ground running and are the a main player you may be more of a bit part player. 

The articles talk of him wanting to be a socceroos player, when you are playing with 3 other Aussie players who play for the international team, there will be more notice on you from the manager.

I would if Plymouth can play massive wages. They can probably play more than us, but they have been in the bottom two tiers for a long time. The money sloshing around big wages comes from teams relegated from the Premier league with parachute payments or ones with owners racking up massive debts hoping to get into the Premier league.

Naisys Tackle
2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

While that is true, the problem with joining a Championship club is their squads are huge due to having to play a 46 game season. So it means unless you hit the ground running and are the a main player you may be more of a bit part player. 

The articles talk of him wanting to be a socceroos player, when you are playing with 3 other Aussie players who play for the international team, there will be more notice on you from the manager.

I would if Plymouth can play massive wages. They can probably play more than us, but they have been in the bottom two tiers for a long time. The money sloshing around big wages comes from teams relegated from the Premier league with parachute payments or ones with owners racking up massive debts hoping to get into the Premier league.

The player won't be coming over to the UK because he wants to play for Australia though, he could do that back home.  He will be coming to play at the highest level possible and players have confidence in their own abilities.   Would we actually want a player who doubts himself is good enough for the English Championship? 

Even if they pay slightly higher wages he would be at a team playing against huge teams he could stand out against and get a possible move there.    Not many players from our league outside glasgow end up up moving to the higher regions of the Championship, that's the sad reality really.

GorgieFifeLife

It looks like we are trying to play cards with the big boys but we don’t have the readies to see them.  In the meantime we are spending time chasing players we can’t compete for rather than concentrating on realistic targets.  These players coming from Australia and Japan are a big gamble as you don’t know how they will settle.  Oda took all season to settle.  Atkinson struggled and Devlin and Rowles have been hot and cold.  I think we need a mix of projects and players who can come in and know what it’s all about in this league or at least in the UK.  I think we have enough projects who need to be developed and need to increase the quality and experience to complement them.

13 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Not necessarily if money isn't the biggest factor. Middlesbrough v Edinburgh? No contest there imo. 3 Aussies here that he'll know well, all in the national team too. We have some things in our favour 🤞

Tbf, the player's preferences do not come into consideration if the club does not consider our bid to be acceptable.

Italian Lambretta
6 minutes ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

It looks like we are trying to play cards with the big boys but we don’t have the readies to see them.  In the meantime we are spending time chasing players we can’t compete for rather than concentrating on realistic targets.  These players coming from Australia and Japan are a big gamble as you don’t know how they will settle.  Oda took all season to settle.  Atkinson struggled and Devlin and Rowles have been hot and cold.  I think we need a mix of projects and players who can come in and know what it’s all about in this league or at least in the UK.  I think we have enough projects who need to be developed and need to increase the quality and experience to complement them.

Oda never took all season to settle it was that imposter Neilson who refused to give the lad a proper chance.

StevenNaismith
13 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Its the case with almost all clubs, clubs always bid low first with either the hope of get a really low price (which is unlikely) but more to try and bring down the eventual negotitated price from what it could be. 

Yeah I know how it works but Joe is known for how tight he is 😆

jamboinglasgow
Just now, Sooks said:

This thread is so negative man . Honestly I am surprised at how shit an option some of our own fans see us as :lol: 

The fact that people are raising the white flag as Middlesborough have been linked is mad and Plymouth have made a bid is mental. Like we have never got a player who was also interesting Championship clubsl

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

That Is a good point, our beautiful city is definitely a selling point. 

GorgieFifeLife
Just now, Italian Lambretta said:

Oda never took all season to settle it was that imposter Neilson who refused to give the lad a proper chance.

Ok that might be true.  He didn’t contribute anything until the end of the season.  Whether he could have done earlier if given the opportunity is debatable.

Pasquale for King
Just now, StevenNaismith said:

Shaves his hair off to save on shampoo I’ve heard 😜.

2 minutes ago, saxondale said:

Tbf, the player's preferences do not come into consideration if the club does not consider our bid to be acceptable.

My remarks are assuming if we have a bid accepted obvs

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

The fact that people are raising the white flag as Middlesborough have been linked is mad and Plymouth have made a bid is mental. Like we have never got a player who was also interesting Championship clubsl

Just last year, Cochrane was wanted by a few wasn't he? 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

Ok that might be true.  He didn’t contribute anything until the end of the season.  Whether he could have done earlier if given the opportunity is debatable.

He only joined in January, sounds like SN made an effort to ask where his best position is, we had only seen him up front before that i think. Looks 1st choice now and a good signing. 
You would imagine that the beast of a CH we are hopefully signing might be from the UK though. 

5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Crazy eh , lower leagues in England are so well marketed . Middlesbrough and Plymouth for goodness sake 

If we don't sign Gino Or get Silvera,don't be upset plenty good player's to be in for.

Edited by Bongo 1874

GorgieFifeLife
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He only joined in January, sounds like SN made an effort to ask where his best position is, we had only seen him up front before that i think. Looks 1st choice now and a good signing. 
You would imagine that the beast of a CH we are hopefully signing might be from the UK though. 

Yeah he looks like he could now be good for us.  He can be properly judged over a full season.  Yes you would think the new CH would be from the UK. 

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

They got the player they wanted.

Captain hindsight stuff about how good or bad they are, that's on the scouting team.

In terms of getting them in the door and meeting their demands it was joab done.

Tbh If we know a player is shite we shouldn't be going for him at all, no matter how cheap they are.

Pointless. 

Likewise, If we rate a player we shouldn't be bartering like Del boy at the market.

Ofc, we may not be, but if we are and losing out it's a bit shite. 

You are normally a decent poster imo.but my word you are talking so much sh!te on this thread. Every single team in the world negotiates transfers. Otherwise you are patsies. Bartering like del boy is a throwaway phrase to denigrate those who disagree with you. If we lose out, so what, we will also win in some negotiations. We don't get Every player we want, likewise we get some.

3 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I really hope our player budget is not being suppressed because of the Hotel build cost.

It is.if we get 100 bookings in the first month we get Mbappe. It's a sliding scale down to bringing Wighton back.

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, db211833 said:

You are normally a decent poster imo.but my word you are talking so much sh!te on this thread. Every single team in the world negotiates transfers. Otherwise you are patsies. Bartering like del boy is a throwaway phrase to denigrate those who disagree with you. If we lose out, so what, we will also win in some negotiations. We don't get Every player we want, likewise we get some.

Hes actually talking a lot of sense.  We fancy a player and know the valuation then low-ball them with a bid hinders the chance of getting player.    Why would we not just bid what they are asking if its realistic for the player and get them in instead of haggling and risk losing out?    Hardly millions of pounds the difference, the more we fart about the more the chance of getting the player decreases.  Hardly makes the player seem special and wanted either.  "Hi we really value you and think you could do a great job for the club and take us places but hold on while we try to get £50k off your transfer fee".

5 hours ago, The Hogfather said:

Bolton passing on Keanu Baccus for only £250,000. I’d be all over this if we could get involved. 

This ^

11 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

I really hope our player budget is not being suppressed because of the Hotel build cost.

Missing third more likely 😪 

Tip for the transfer thread.

Dont post on the transfer thread.

Just sit tight and wait for news from the club.

Sanity saved.

1 minute ago, Vlad Magic said:

Tip for the transfer thread.

Dont post on the transfer thread.

Just sit tight and wait for news from the club.

Sanity saved.

Save yourself

its too late for some 🤪

Naisys Tackle
3 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Missing third more likely 😪 

Would the money for missing out on the groups next season not be in the budget for next summer considering the prize money is only received at the end of the respective seasons meaning we should have last years now?

Batistuta87
44 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Squeaks when he walks.

12 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Would the money for missing out on the groups next season not be in the budget for next summer considering the prize money is only received at the end of the respective seasons meaning we should have last years now?

Think so yes , think we you get the funds after the competition has ended 

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Hes actually talking a lot of sense.  We fancy a player and know the valuation then low-ball them with a bid hinders the chance of getting player.    Why would we not just bid what they are asking if its realistic for the player and get them in instead of haggling and risk losing out?    Hardly millions of pounds the difference, the more we fart about the more the chance of getting the player decreases.  Hardly makes the player seem special and wanted either.  "Hi we really value you and think you could do a great job for the club and take us places but hold on while we try to get £50k off your transfer fee".

I agree and said so yesterday, but it just seems to be the way of things, looks like Man U are haggling with Chelsea over £3m for Mount, what real difference does that amount matter to them 🤔?

john thomas
26 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Interesting.

You wouldn't be interested in buying a bridge ?

4 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

No, he isn't.

If the selling club is responsible and isn't desperate to sell (he has two years), they'll start the negotiations at a number higher than they'd ultimately be willing to accept - not the minimum acceptable number.

So unless the number they're quoting is very easily achievable (which is a massive, baseless assumption that's actually contrary to the noises his club have made in the press) then we'd be complete mugs to go straight for the first number they say. No club operates like this.

Yeah, if you put in a ridiculously low offer you risk putting the player and selling club's backs up. But there's no suggestion from the reports that we've done that. First offer rejected and expected to return to the table. Completely normal stuff.

No-one on here had heard of the ***** three days ago and now we're acting as if we've dithered through long, protracted negotiations. It isn't rational - people have gone insane with boredom and frustration after a couple of weeks with no football.

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

We used to get our paltry cut from the uglies euro tv money around September, not sure if that’s still the case with other payments from UEFA. 

Bazzas right boot
33 minutes ago, db211833 said:

The key word was "if", but don't let that get in the way of your tirade.

If we are bartering over a few £10k here or there and losing out on our top targets then it is del boy stuff.

Add that to the "closing in on the OF" that our dof states is the goal then it doesn't add up.

We'll struggle to stay 4th, never mind get 3rd and look up.

Ofc, if we end up getting our targets at  a great price then he'll have done a great job. 

Time will tell.

Bazzas right boot
39 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

It 

No hotel- £200m warchest.

With hotel- cannae go beyond £350k for a fee and cannae give Gino NMW.

Batistuta87
44 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

There's a balance. I want us to get the best deals possible but I also don't want us being laughed out of negatiations and as you say to alienate those involved in the process (whether that's the player/club/agent...) 

Edited by Batistuta87

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Don't think you actually have to pay the money up front anyhow. 

Klarna be involved soon enough 

Naisys Tackle
21 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

There's a balance. I want us to get the best deals possible but I also don't want us being laughed out of negatiations and as you say to alienate those involved in the process (whether that's the player/club/agent...) 

Yes I totally agree. 

Naisys Tackle
35 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We used to get our paltry cut from the uglies euro tv money around September, not sure if that’s still the case with other payments from UEFA. 

Because we made the groups the prize moneys the end of the season Im sure I read and @Sooks agreed with also.  Perhaps the payments to clubs not in Europe get dosh early?

Naisys Tackle
38 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

No, he isn't.

If the selling club is responsible and isn't desperate to sell (he has two years), they'll start the negotiations at a number higher than they'd ultimately be willing to accept - not the minimum acceptable number.

So unless the number they're quoting is very easily achievable (which is a massive, baseless assumption that's actually contrary to the noises his club have made in the press) then we'd be complete mugs to go straight for the first number they say. No club operates like this.

Yeah, if you put in a ridiculously low offer you risk putting the player and selling club's backs up. But there's no suggestion from the reports that we've done that. First offer rejected and expected to return to the table. Completely normal stuff.

No-one on here had heard of the ***** three days ago and now we're acting as if we've dithered through long, protracted negotiations. It isn't rational - people have gone insane with boredom and frustration after a couple of weeks with no football.

Possibly, the Aussie teams haven't been that hard to deal with before though.   Pricing too a high a valuation on a player could upset the player too if they have indicated they want to move abroad.   

Agree with the rest, I'm not hot and bothered regardless, just thought for a change brb was talking sense and I agreed which surprised me really.

Lets hope we get a few decent players in soon and discuss them instead :) 

Naisys Tackle

Hearts have warned Central Coast Mariners they won’t be held to ransom over Sammy Silvera as they weigh up a fresh bid for the winger.

The Jambos had an initial move worth six figures booted into touch by the A-League champions. Stiff competition for the 22-year-old’s capture comes from Middlesbrough and Plymouth, who face Hearts in a friendly during their Spanish training camp next week and have had two offers for him rejected. Clubs in Asia are also understood to be keen on the Australia Under-23 international who is set to move on this summer.

But Hearts are wary of getting involved in a bidding war and Tynecastle sources last night told Record Sport they won’t be held to ransom for the player, having already submitted what they believe to be a good offer. The Jambos did business with the Aussie side bossed by former Scotland Under-21 international Nick Montgomery last summer when World Cup star Kye Rowles made the move to Edinburgh.

A few close to the Club expected at least one player to be in this week, still belief we can get one in. Personally not as confident as they are! 

• Moderators

A lot of spam and a few spammers removed from the thread. Please be reminded that spamming or commenting on moderator actions are not allowed.

If your comment is not about this transfer window then please don't post it or you'll be removed.

Thanks.

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Because we made the groups the prize moneys the end of the season Im sure I read and @Sooks agreed with also.  Perhaps the payments to clubs not in Europe get dosh early?

Probably, tried to find out last year but couldn’t find anything.

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Possibly, the Aussie teams haven't been that hard to deal with before though.   Pricing too a high a valuation on a player could upset the player too if they have indicated they want to move abroad.   

Agree with the rest, I'm not hot and bothered regardless, just thought for a change brb was talking sense and I agreed which surprised me really.

Lets hope we get a few decent players in soon and discuss them instead :) 

I think Devlin had a releasing clause, he had barely joined a new team when    we signed him, Rowles and Atkinson seemed to sign quickly too.

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

A few close to the Club expected at least one player to be in this week, still belief we can get one in. Personally not as confident as they are! 

Cheers for that

Naisys Tackle
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think Devlin had a releasing clause, he had barely joined a new team when    we signed him, Rowles and Atkinson seemed to sign quickly too.

Yeah all went very smoothly mate. 

kingantti1874
19 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Hearts have warned Central Coast Mariners they won’t be held to ransom over Sammy Silvera as they weigh up a fresh bid for the winger.

The Jambos had an initial move worth six figures booted into touch by the A-League champions. Stiff competition for the 22-year-old’s capture comes from Middlesbrough and Plymouth, who face Hearts in a friendly during their Spanish training camp next week and have had two offers for him rejected. Clubs in Asia are also understood to be keen on the Australia Under-23 international who is set to move on this summer.

But Hearts are wary of getting involved in a bidding war and Tynecastle sources last night told Record Sport they won’t be held to ransom for the player, having already submitted what they believe to be a good offer. The Jambos did business with the Aussie side bossed by former Scotland Under-21 international Nick Montgomery last summer when World Cup star Kye Rowles made the move to Edinburgh.

I always laugh at these articles. He is their player.  We meet their valuation or move on. We are in no position. To “warn” anyone.  Just like no one can warn us 

1 hour ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Will have a bearing long term. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Thread*** Offiah signs on loan