*** Hearts Summer Transfer Thread*** Offiah signs on loan

Selkirkhmfc1874

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

If you had bothered to read the article It says hes at end of his recuperation from the surgery and should be back in a week, a bit like McKay who also had an ankle op at the end of the season FOUR weeks ago. 

Whoops😀😀. Now on to the next Hearts are shite thread

• Replies 36.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Batistuta87

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

😭 

Correct. I’ll never let people forget. Hibs a Scottish Cup (which you applauded) and Aberdeen 5 million. Good job ‘Bob’. 

Don't talk so much shite. Hibs didn't just beat Hearts that year. Blaming Neilson for that...get therapy man.

3 minutes ago, XB52 said:

You really hate our club, don't you

I think some folk just follow football so they have something else to moan about. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, johnking123 said:

It is very quiet.  We normally have more from our media team. Build up to new season. Far quiet than other seasons.

Agreed. Communication has been really poor this summer. 

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, johnking123 said:

It is very quiet.  We normally have more from our media team. Build up to new season. Far quiet than other seasons.

It isn’t - the players went back yesterday. What they supposed to report on? What they’ve been eating over the summer?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
18 minutes ago, iainmac said:

If we had to spend £2M making Tynecastle UEFA compliant, how much are Aberdeen going to have to spend on that dump? 😍

Alright Iain, you remember me from D. Shay Logan was up fixing the floodlights the other day, maybe doing it all on homers :)

Batistuta87

Aberdeen sign Rhys Williams on loan from Liverpool. Getting a wee bit jealous of them now. Big 6'5" centre back with a long throw. 

13 minutes ago, poultry said:

Can someone explain how we pissed 3 to 5 million up against the wall as some have said. Honest question by the way, I'm just not getting it.

As for Hearts being tight lipped regards signings, they are spot on they are doing their business in the right manner, privately and confidential. 

Have a bit of faith in our club, we all want to hear good news, patience is a virtue. 🇱🇻

You know the answer to that. You might not agree with the way it’s phrased but no real point in asking a question you already know the answer to.

As for faith, we’ve failed to get a badly needed centre back to replace Halkett in 2 windows. Surely it’s understandable that’s dented peoples confidence in our recruitment? I’ve got patience but sincerely hope we have key signings in place and up to speed prior to an absolutely vital European tie, so it’s not like we’ve got a crazy amount of time but do agree it’s a bit early for folk to start moaning. 

3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

It isn’t - the players went back yesterday. What they supposed to report on? What they’ve been eating over the summer?

We had a video on Twitter showing them back at training.  

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Aberdeen sign Rhys Williams on loan from Liverpool. Getting a wee bit jealous of them now. Big 6'5" centre back with a long throw. 

They don't seem **** about, they know where they have an issue so target a player to improve it.

I imagine it's tough trying to convince good players to come to Scotland. 

Hopefully we don't over shoot and end up with no cover in important positions

7 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

They didn’t seem too complementary of him at Blackpool where he was previously on loan..Guess we will find out..

RustyRightPeg
14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We had a video on Twitter showing them back at training.  

Exactly. What more do people want?

2 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

That makes sense, but if we are the player and watch him and he's keen- get him.

Even in your example, to lose out on a player you really want for £150k is a bit shite and will mean we look elsewhere for some one we want less....

Even in your example, it's close to del boy bartering.

You also seem to dismiss the likleyhood of other clubs getting  involved and getting ahead of us while this goes on.

It's not a 1 to 1 chat with a car salesman or double glazing salesperson.

I'd rather pay what the club want for our top targets for a variety of reasons, especially if the difference is small.

We may save £50 - £150k or so and get the player, or we may lose out and have to spend money on our 2nd, 3rd choice, basically still spend money on a player we think is worse.

The risk of failure outweighs the cost of success imo.

It's **** all to do with "saving" money. We'll be spending the budget that our income allows.

It only takes overpaying £150k on this guy and Handa and that's £300k we can't spend on another position. We have a responsibility to negotiate on price so we can so we can bring in the best players possible within our budget. If we took your approach on every signing we'd have spunked the budget on a couple of players and be scraping the barrel to fill out the rest of the squad.

If Middlesbrough swoop in and pay £600k, tough. That's too expensive for us.

We also have an alternative target who seems to be more affordable.

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Exactly. What more do people want?

You know what 😂. They want the fanfare of appointing a new manager, bold chat to the press, the full works.  Not happening though so a new signing to stop the boredom would do the job.  

18 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

He does look good on paper, but he couldn't get a game for Blackpool and their fans thought he was slow and shite.

They also tried to replace him with Sibbick in January.

Luckies1874
18 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Agreed. Communication has been really poor this summer. 

It's quite clearly been deliberate and I like it. Been way too much talking previously and despite what the defenders of everything believe, I know that there has been huge disappointment at the very top of the club as to the last few months of last season. Shock too. They thought 3rd was in the bag and the riches that came with that. McKinlay remained very bullish post numnuts departure and that came back to bite him too. He was rightly given the wind up treatment by Aberdeen. If this has reset focus and is going to provide drive and motivation then great. It's much needed. Get the whole club up for the start of the season. Absolutely no excuses. 3rd or another season of failure. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

It's **** all to do with "saving" money. We'll be spending the budget that our income allows.

It only takes overpaying £150k on this guy and Handa and that's £300k we can't spend on another position. We have a responsibility to negotiate on price so we can so we can bring in the best players possible within our budget. If we took your approach on every signing we'd have spunked the budget on a couple of players and be scraping the barrel to fill out the rest of the squad.

Nah, my approach would have us going  for players within our range and getting them signed quickly. 

Joab done.

Your approach works with a second hand car dealer.

We don't really know what our approach is, but if it's haggling over pennies we need to move on or shop elsewhere we can afford.

Edited by Bazzas right boot

21 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Was absolutely pony at Blackpool last season by all accounts. Was so bad, Blackpool benched him, Liverpool recalled him in the huff.

Portable Badger
29 minutes ago, poultry said:

Can someone explain how we pissed 3 to 5 million up against the wall as some have said. Honest question by the way, I'm just not getting it.

As for Hearts being tight lipped regards signings, they are spot on they are doing their business in the right manner, privately and confidential. 

Have a bit of faith in our club, we all want to hear good news, patience is a virtue. 🇱🇻

Watch out for the pelters inbound mate !!!

I believe some are arguing that we raised £5m Gross, £3m Net from Europe last year. They’re arguing the Board should’ve been able to have predicted that Net amount and spunked it all on quality signings, before we received it, to ensure we secured 3rd by the end of the season. Cash flow people !!

I personally thought the signings we had made, and our form up until Feb, were good enough. Then we had our cluster**** and scraped 4th.

How many of those screaming for blood now were declaring we had 3rd wrapped up in Feb?

We should have received that £3m from UEFA by now but I’d be very surprised if we spent it all on players this window. Personally I think they might spend maybe up to £1m of it.

1 minute ago, ShedBoy said:

Was absolutely pony at Blackpool last season by all accounts. Was so bad, Blackpool benched him, Liverpool recalled him in the huff.

AYE BUT THEYVE SIGNED SOMEONE AND WE'VE NO! 

:turmoil:

1 minute ago, BlueRiver said:

🤣

but but but he’s got a long throw and he’s really tall

Edited by ShedBoy

5 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I don’t see why we can’t spend 600k on a player. Not suggesting every player needs to be at that level or 1 or 2 surely. Between last seasons income, ST sales, FOH money, we must have money to spend on players.

Whoever finishes 3rd this year gets guaranteed ECL groups as a minimum, it’s important we invest in the squad to

give ourselves the best chance of getting that or Aberdeen are going to be pulling away from us.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

It's insane how triggered some people get :sweeet:

It's insane how some folk cannae even do basic maths, have us out of  Europe already and moan about us losing the  money we never had,  despite this being the summer we actually have the windfall from European group stage football that was delivered under an ex manager that is still running about their heed.

That's insane.

8 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Well, that's depressing news.

Can we please stop pretending that every non-Hearts signing is utter shite. They arent and it just makes us look pathetic.

At least other clubs are making signings. Brink back Romanov - and i never thought I hear myself say that.

At least he signed lots of shit - and if your throw enough shit, one or two will come up trumps

Edited by Jammy T

2 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Better than our new centre back because we’ve not got one

image.jpeg.88b0164f745730a3561b2611ba2bb21d.jpeg

1 hour ago, Gorgierools said:

Yep cheeky wee 50k bid on the table. Let's see who blinks first.

Surely the bid is backed up with a stern threat and warning that we will not be held to ransom.

Nah all joking to one side I do hope there is some kind of news soon. 

Just no quite at panic stations yet. 

Jean Louis Valois

I'd like to think that I'm no panic merchant when it comes to Hearts, But it is getting abit crazy the lack of anything coming out of the club just now. Hopefully we do have players signed yet to be announced but I'm not overly confident. Also to hear zero from our new management team is slightly embarrassing.

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Nah, my approach would have us going  for players within our range and getting them signed quickly. 

Joab done.

Your approach works with a second hand car dealer.

We don't really know what our approach is, buyt if it's haggling over pennies we need to move on or shop elsewhere we can afford.

Yeah, working to a budget, negotiating on price and only paying up to your valuation of the player is the "second hand car dealer" approach. We should just pay whatever they want on the first couple of negotiations and hope we have enough cash left over to pay for everything else we need.

Genuinely idiotic. And you'd be arguing the opposite if that's what made "Bob" look good.

6 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Nah all joking to one side I do hope there is some kind of news soon. 

Just no quite at panic stations yet. 

I do think part of this delay (if it can be called that, can’t think of another more suitable word) is caused by the change of manager. If Neilson was still here I think we might’ve signed Nicky Devlin and there might be others we don’t know about. The targets we’re after in the press seem to all have pace, so that’s one thing Naismith MIGHT have put more emphasis on. All guesswork though. 

Edited by GinRummy

KyleLafferty

No even July. Not a single ball has even been kicked in a friendly. Away and third kit hasn’t even been realeased. Fixtures are still not announced. And people are pant wetting about not having signed anyone 😂

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Yeah, working to a budget, negotiating on price and only paying up to your valuation of the player is the "second hand car dealer" approach. We should just pay whatever they want on the first couple of negotiations and hope we have enough cash left over to pay for everything else we need.

Genuinely idiotic. And you'd be arguing the opposite if that's what made "Bob" look good.

We shouldn't be haggling over paltry amounts.

I never said we shouldn't negotiate at all  be sensible or not work to a budget.

Calm yourself to a panic.

No idea how missing out on priority transfers because we are bartering or dragging things on too much  would make Bob look good.

If we get our man at our price- great, if we lose out then it's not good.

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I do think part of this delay (if it can be called that, can’t think of another more suitable word) is caused by the change of manager. If Neilson was still here I think we might’ve signed Nicky Devlin and there might be others we don’t know about. The targets we’re after in the press seem to all have pace, so that’s one think Naismith MIGHT have put more emphasis on. All guesswork though. 

I think you're right in that. It's surely affected our transfer strategy changing manager with 7 (?) games to go before seasons end and then not having a confirmed replacement for a good week or two after season end. 

No point getting worried at the moment. From what I can tell as well our rivals aren't exactly making signings that should have us worried with our current players nevermind anything else. 

5 minutes ago, Mort said:

I don’t see why we can’t spend 600k on a player. Not suggesting every player needs to be at that level or 1 or 2 surely. Between last seasons income, ST sales, FOH money, we must have money to spend on players.

Whoever finishes 3rd this year gets guaranteed ECL groups as a minimum, it’s important we invest in the squad to

give ourselves the best chance of getting that or Aberdeen are going to be pulling away from us.

Maybe we could spend £600k, but I think that would be more than we've spent for nearly 20 years. It's a significant outlay, even if we are in better financial health. 

I could see us spending that kind of cash, but we'd have to really think the player was worth it and consider the impact on the rest of the budget.

A player who's had one good season in Australia would be a big risk at that kind of money. Atkinson was similarly hyped up and Cummings is a goal machine in that league. I wouldn't pay anywhere near that for either of them.

Gorgierools
Just now, NaturalOrder74 said:

When’s the first euro game is it not just in a couple of weeks ? Or is it in august ? 

10thAugust,I believe.

59 minutes ago, iainmac said:

If we had to spend £2M making Tynecastle UEFA compliant, how much are Aberdeen going to have to spend on that dump? 😍

It’s not a stipulation they have to spend the money on ground improvements 

that was our choice

If Aberdeen want to spend the whole windfall on players it’s up to them

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I do think part of this delay (if it can be called that, can’t think of another more suitable word) is caused by the change of manager. If Neilson was still here I think we might’ve signed Nicky Devlin and there might be others we don’t know about. The targets we’re after in the press seem to all have pace, so that’s one think Naismith MIGHT have put more emphasis on. All guesswork though. 

Guesswork is all we do in here mate, think your correct in the change of manager.  Naismith will want to be up to speed in the signings he will most likely have been brought to his attention and the players that are available, but as you said only guesswork.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, NaturalOrder74 said:

When’s the first euro game is it not just in a couple of weeks ? Or is it in august ? 

6 weeks

SparklingWhisperedKillifish-size_restricted.gif

2 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Maybe we could spend £600k, but I think that would be more than we've spent for nearly 20 years. It's a significant outlay, even if we are in better financial health. 

I could see us spending that kind of cash, but we'd have to really think the player was worth it and consider the impact on the rest of the budget.

A player who's had one good season in Australia would be a big risk at that kind of money. Atkinson was similarly hyped up and Cummings is a goal machine in that league. I wouldn't pay anywhere near that for either of them.

You don’t get nothing special for 600k

you might get a Shankland but you are as likely to get a Kio

at that amount of money it’s often down to luck

600k is not a lot of money nowadays I’m afraid, and if we have fears about spending that much then we will never kick on or cement third place, and you can forget any even tiny impact on Europe 

2 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

I agree with the latter point, absolutely. Was more just saying that I feel that we can and should perhaps be looking at spending those amounts to give ourselves the best possible chance. Not that spending money directly guarantees success, however, more direct investment in the first team.

Hibs and Aberdeen are buying players at that kind of transfer fee and we are surely in a better financial position than them.

Can someone set up a poll to find out how many on JKB are actually quite chilled with proceedings?

I am.

Mind you, I’m in Lanzarote and half pished. FTH

2 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Can someone set up a poll to find out how many on JKB are actually quite chilled with proceedings?

I am.

Been there once. Was windy as **** the first day, nice cooling wind, no sun tan lotion on because it didn’t feel that hot. Head looked like a lobster except where my sunglasses were. 

Edited by GinRummy

27 minutes ago, Portable Badger said:

Watch out for the pelters inbound mate !!!

I believe some are arguing that we raised £5m Gross, £3m Net from Europe last year. They’re arguing the Board should’ve been able to have predicted that Net amount and spunked it all on quality signings, before we received it, to ensure we secured 3rd by the end of the season. Cash flow people !!

I personally thought the signings we had made, and our form up until Feb, were good enough. Then we had our cluster**** and scraped 4th.

How many of those screaming for blood now were declaring we had 3rd wrapped up in Feb?

We should have received that £3m from UEFA by now but I’d be very surprised if we spent it all on players this window. Personally I think they might spend maybe up to £1m of it.

🤣🤣 ye couple of light pelters incoming, never mind. Hope yir well mate. All the best to the family. 👍🇱🇻

Portable Badger
Just now, poultry said:

🤣🤣 ye couple of light pelters incoming, never mind. Hope yir well mate. All the best to the family. 👍🇱🇻

All good mate thanks and yours 👍🏻

Dick Dastardly
4 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

I am.

I'm dying to see new signings but I'm not anywhere near panic mode. Pretty sure we will improve on last summer. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Thread*** Offiah signs on loan