*** Hearts Summer Transfer Thread*** Offiah signs on loan

Selkirkhmfc1874

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Yes if he entered the country and now doing media stuff, we can assume he has the visa and work permit required to do those things. That was super quick so be must have qualified without having to go through the second part of the process. I wonder if the changes announced for English clubs re working visas have been adopted in Scotland also ?

Just a case of dotting the eyes and tees with the SFA and getting the international clearance (whatever that is) and he should be able to play

If he had joint Oz/Dutch citizenship as another poster suggested it’s only a very short application process. 

• Replies 36.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Batistuta87

• BackOfTheNet

• Sooks

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, David McCaig said:

Yes, as I'd said previously very straightforward following Aus/UK trade deal.

I'd like to know if the club & Calem agreed to apply for the visa / permit far ahead of the transfer agreement, because that's way faster than Rowles's wait

They should be telling us if they're that forward-thinking, it'll go a long way to calming some people down and believing in them

1 hour ago, King prawn said:

I personally love the thought of someone employed at Hearts scrolling our 500 page long transfer thread to watch a YouTube video of a Georgian. 

Surely they'll just access @bongo1874 's content for the gen :)

1 hour ago, Jamboross said:

He's 'working' already, doing media stuff. 

He may still need to be registered with the SFA before he can play but that won't take long.

Yeah, hopefully the SFA, yeah, get their finger out, yeah, and yeah, Calem can go on, yeah, to be a big hit at, yeah, Hearts. 

Yeah. 

Edited by Norm

11 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Bongo in what world is a player gonna choose to move from Boca Juniors to Hearts? Seriously get a grip. 

If you read my post,my comment wasn't telling Hearts to go and buy him,I said If Cochrane was sold which personally I don't know how much the club values him at.

But I would say 2.5mil/5mil.

Then I would throw the money at Barco as a replacement.

We offer him the incentive of being highest paid player,European Football exposure.

And if a bid is received from a prem or bigger club, that meets our valuation he's free to go.

Same Goes with Juan Sforza.

These players are on small wages.

But offer them an incentive and they might just take it.

That's the same model,Aberdeen,Hibs, Rangers,Celtic,work from.

Players that offer nothing that's the door,ruthless but very effective.

Edited by Bongo 1874

4 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

If you read my post,my comment wasn't telling Hearts to go and buy him,I said If Cochrane was sold which personally I don't know how much the club values him at.

We offer him the incentive of being highest paid player,European Football exposure.

And if a bid is received from a prem or bigger club, that meets our valuation he's free to go.

You won't take advice, but seriously, this patter reminds me of being 14 years old playing Champy Man...your logic, reasoning, constant onslaught of juvenile posts...let threads form a semblance of normality and reduce the Champy Man offerings...  please...

Ricardo Quaresma
4 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

McGrath terminates his Wigan contract. On his way to us?

Well, he's definitely off somewhere, for nowt, too 🙂

The Dean Of Mean Levein
4 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

McGrath terminates his Wigan contract. On his way to us?

Can't argue with a freebie? 😁

Harryspocket

Savage waiting for McGrath to be released from his contract so that there’s no gamble paying a fee. Masterclass 😂🙃

Mr Elwood P
4 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Glad you had a chance to take a breath...

7 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

You won't take advice, but seriously, this patter reminds me of being 14 years old playing Champy Man...your logic, reasoning, constant onslaught of juvenile posts...let threads form a semblance of normality and reduce the Champy Man offerings...  please...

Scroll past Gav,I'm a fantasist but I said we needed to expand stadium, now just the 7k on the waiting list.

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Glad you had a chance to take a breath...

Yeah,I'm a fantasist mate we don't need a 30k seater stadium.

Ricardo Quaresma

On 25/07/2023 at 21:45, BackOfTheNet said:

Does anyone genuinely think we’d make the group stage anyway?

We can only take it as it comes, get to the PO round and see who we get, then give it our all

On 25/07/2023 at 21:50, WageThief said:

Lafferty was on a weird deal, he was getting paid something relatively modest in the first year, and it doubled or something in the 2nd.  Maybe it was performance based too, but pretty sure we always intended to sell him after a year.  Also think he took a drop in wages to go to Rangers, but I am maybe getting mixed up with Open Goal interviews.

It's all on that open goal video, the Lafferty interview; Lafferty was on a lot

2 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I would take McGrath as a squad player. 

Not so sure mate. Might be ideal in that AMC role. Can score goals, direct and pacy 

Would give us a really strong spine through the centre 

Lbh he scored a good few last season in a shit Utd side ... Plus he created a good number of assists 

Exactly what we need imo especially if Boyce and shanks play for the main striker slot 

Having maybe McGrath and grant in the AMC might work although grant needs to get his finger out this season and play like he really gives a f... . The talent is there but the mentality needs to improve 

Arthur Morgan
Just now, Hearts1975 said:

Not so sure mate. Might be ideal in that AMC role. Can score goals, direct and pacy 

Would give us a really strong spine through the centre 

Lbh he scored a good few last season in a shit Utd side ... Plus he created a good number of assists 

Exactly what we need imo especially if Boyce and shanks play for the main striker slot 

Having maybe McGrath and grant in the AMC might work although grant needs to get his finger out this season and play like he really gives a f... . The talent is there but the mentality needs to improve 

I thought he was excellent at St Mirren, their best player by a mile. Dundee Utd fans didn't seem to rate him though, they said Levitt was the far better player.

Ricardo Quaresma

On 25/07/2023 at 09:00, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

As it stands:

Zander

Natty Kent Rowles Cochrane

devlin hoff beni

oda shanks mckay

Ideally i’d like us to sign a pacy forward so shanks can play a bit deeper and one of the 3 in the middle drops out. Adding a RB for cover and I think we’re looking really good.

I think Beni will be eased into the squad gradually

3 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I can't remember, are wigan in Admin, is that how McGrath got out of his contract?

Think so mate. I'm sure I read that the admins were speaking to their players re their contracts and not that long ago. 

Even better (if this is the case). I think he would be a good signing for us. Might also explain why our interest was plastered over every tabloid but then suddenly just died 

8 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Offers far more than some do in the squad.

Edited by Bongo 1874

jamboinglasgow
3 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I can't remember, are wigan in Admin, is that how McGrath got out of his contract?

They are not in admin but have recently been taken over by new owners. However because of the number of missed payments of their wages, it means that Wigan are in breach of the contract, so the players are free to rip up their contracts.

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

They are not in admin but have recently been taken over by new owners. However because of the number of missed payments of their wages, it means that Wigan are in breach of the contract, so the players are free to rip up their contracts.

Take Humphrys anaw then 😂.

3 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I thought he was excellent at St Mirren, their best player by a mile. Dundee Utd fans didn't seem to rate him though, they said Levitt was the far better player.

For sure, he burst on to the scene with st mirren. Again, how they played Levitt Vs how they played McGrath comes into it as well.

I mean for a midfielder in a relegated side, his contributions (goals and assists) were in to double figures so not a bad return imo 

Pace is the thing that we badly need and he has that in abundance. We can put him in a role where he can roam and cause havoc (assuming the likes of Beni and Dev or Beni and Calem) are behind him shoring things up. 

Might give Shanks and Boyce a bit more space to get into scoring positions 

I'm speculating only. Appreciate we might not even be in for him but if we do sign him, it wouldn't be a bad move imo 

Especially if he has terminated his contract and we get him for nothing ... Bearing in mind the vermin paid 350k to get Levitt 

Ricardo Quaresma
9 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Take Humphrys anaw then 😂.

I'd love Humphrys to come back

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

Howdy Doody Jambo
9 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

If McGrath is ok then what's the point? Why sign  a player to make up the numbers and be a squad player, it doesn't fill the player with any confidence or inspiration, yer just here to make up the numbers son

We should only be signing player's we intend to start every week to raise our standards and tell them we expect them to kick us on to a higher level 

The academy players are there to transition into the senior squad and fill in when called upon 

If we sign several squad player's then it will become difficult to improve 

Ricardo Quaresma
11 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Looking at their squad, Humphrys is the only other worth having for us, but I suppose there could be more

2 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I'd love Humphrys to come back

-

Strong runner prepared to work.

Definitely.

Ricardo Quaresma
4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Strong runner prepared to work.

Definitely.

Hates the wee team; great assist for Shankland's goal

Scored the sealing goal in a nice 3-0 win over the wee team

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma

Batistuta87
8 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

No thanks. Would be a downgrade on the player we had last season (Humphrys) and doesn't get into the team ahead of any of our current options. Are we forgetting that Dundee Utd were utter pish last season? Everyone's looking down there noses at Dylan Levitt who was arguably their best player yet somehow McGrath is good enough??

Hoping we don't bother. He'll end up at Motherwell or something. 

Arthur Morgan
8 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

If McGrath is ok then what's the point? Why sign  a player to make up the numbers and be a squad player, it doesn't fill the player with any confidence or inspiration, yer just here to make up the numbers son

We should only be signing player's we intend to start every week to raise our standards and tell them we expect them to kick us on to a higher level 

The academy players are there to transition into the senior squad and fill in when called upon 

If we sign several squad player's then it will become difficult to improve 

It's called a squad for a reason 😅. Squads rotate nowadays, so he would probably get his fair share of games.

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

No thanks. Would be a downgrade on the player we had last season (Humphrys) and doesn't get into the team ahead of any of our current options. Are we forgetting that Dundee Utd were utter pish last season? Everyone's looking down there noses at Dylan Levitt who was arguably their best player yet somehow McGrath is good enough??

Hoping we don't bother. He'll end up at Motherwell or something.

I think that if Naismith reckons he can get him to his best, then I would trust his instincts on that; if he doesn't then he won't try to sign him

I'm not sure I believe reports that we were in for him, or levitt tbh

We won't be able to match his Wigan wages.

So we would only have a chance of signing for him if no other teams down south are interested.

It would be quite fitting, if just after Webster joins the backroom staff, that Wigan player invokes a clause to end their contract early and join us.

2 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

So we would only have a chance of signing for him if no other teams down south are interested.

To be fair, Wigan afford to pay his Wigan wages either...

Ricardo Quaresma
3 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

Well, he doesn't have any wages now, so he's starting again

Batistuta87
8 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I think that if Naismith reckons he can get him to his best, then I would trust his instincts on that; if he doesn't then he won't try to sign him

I'm not sure I believe reports that we were in for him, or levitt tbh

I don't see it. It's not like he's young and developing either, he's probably close to his peak if not there alrwady at 26. There are very few useful players to be found in teams who finished below us. 

Not convinced we were actually in for Levitt either. I think we've been looking at other targets and have perhaps been alerted to the fact that he was available so have maybe asked, laughed at the money, then quickly chucked the idea. 

Batistuta87
10 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

What wages? He's unemployed. 

Ricardo Quaresma
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

I don't see it. It's not like he's young and developing either, he's probably close to his peak if not there alrwady at 26. There are very few useful players to be found in teams who finished below us. 

Not convinced we were actually in for Levitt either. I think we've been looking at other targets and have perhaps been alerted to the fact that he was available so have maybe asked, laughed at the money, then quickly chucked the idea.

Yeah, maybe

Naisys Tackle
44 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

What wages? He's unemployed. 

He obviously has a club lined up to agree to leave.  

Naisys Tackle
5 minutes ago, Jambotommy said:

Would love it if we brought back Humphrys...:greggy:

Not sure why we would punt him early randomly to the bring back and pay a full wage for the lad.

Ricardo Quaresma
4 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

Not sure why we would punt him early randomly to the bring back and pay a full wage for the lad.

You've absolutely no reason you can think of as to why we may bring Humphrys back, or why he left?

Ricardo Quaresma
7 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

He obviously has a club lined up to agree to leave.  

There was no agreement, he told them to bolt, quite rightly

He may well have a club lined up, there's no compensation for his contract too, so, an easier player to sign now

Naisys Tackle
10 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

You've absolutely no reason you can think of as to why we may bring Humphrys back, or why he left?

Hes left early for a reason.  His Wigan contract will be paid on wages more than we can pay.  Why would we have him back?

Naisys Tackle
8 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

There was no agreement, he told them to bolt, quite rightly

He may well have a club lined up, there's no compensation for his contract too, so, an easier player to sign now

He's left Wigan on a good wage to go to another club.  He's hardly sitting unemployed with no offers as he would have just stayed there.   Why would he leave that to go to a club for less money when he could have just got loaned out again if not in the plans of wee shanny? 

2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yeah,I'm a fantasist mate we don't need a 30k seater stadium.

It’s not a case of not needing a bigger stadium. Clearly if you have a waiting list showing a possible 50% increase in ST holders, that’s an option you have to evaluate

The issue for me is that a 30k seater stadium cannot be fitted into the CURRENT stadium footprint

If you accept that, there are two options lefr

1. Purchase or acquire land in the vicinity of the current footprint and rebuild 1 or more of the 3 older stands

2. Sell the current plot and move to a new purpose built stadium

Whatever way you cut it, options 1&2 are massively expensive, option 1 being the cheaper IMO but still probably north of £50 million (just going by what the new main stand cost here)

I just don’t see where that money could be sourced from so in terms of it actually getting done, it’s a fantasy.

Naisys Tackle

Journalist German Garcia Grova claimed that Hearts were keen on the player last month, tweeting:

“Adolfo Gaich has a chance to continue in Verona. The team intends to renew the loan of the 24-year-old striker. Also, the Hearts of Scotland is interested in the striker whose pass belongs to CSKA."

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to *** Hearts Summer Transfer Thread*** Offiah signs on loan