Very encouraging words from Csaba

Ryan Gosling

Ryan Gosling

I've paraphrased as there's some stutters etc. but the general idea:

'I don't like quantity, I like quality. There is a lot of quantity and not enough quality. We want an experienced quality player for every position, and we need a leader. The players don't talk on the field. They are too quiet. They can't hear each other across the field.'

'I want to make some proposals to Mr Romanov about new players, at the moment in some positions we have a problem'

'We must be better tactically, I want better movement, but it's ok for the first game'

"I'm not dissatisfied."

"We tried the new tactic tonight, 4-2-3-1."

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Csaba's Broon Shoes

1 striker rips ma knitting

Please not at home

Obviously a time and a place in away games

Ryan Gosling
'the new tactic' or 'a new tactic'???

:)

As I recall, 'the'.

Miko says he's very patient, and very strict tactically.

jamboinglasgow

its satisfying to have a after match speech where the manager says what is actully wrong rather than SF "we have to work harder...they tried their best and cant fault them."

1 striker rips ma knitting

Please not at home

Obviously a time and a place in away games

It can work well if you have 2 excellent wingers, an attacking midfielder and a striker who can play with his back to goal and hold the ball up well. I don't think we have any of those though. :sad:

Ryan Gosling

Bit more -

He doesn't want the players, especially the young ones, to worry about making mistakes right now. You have to learn from them.

J.T.F.Robertson

'I don't like quantity, I like quality. There is a lot of quantity and not enough quality. We want an experienced quality player for every position, and we need a leader. The players don't talk on the field.'

'I want to make some proposals to Mr Romanov about new players, at the moment in some positions we have a problem'

'We must be better tactically, I want better movement, but it's ok for the first game'

"I'm not dissatisfied."

That clinches it then, he can't have met him.

;) <----- I hope

Only a Game
It can work well if you have 2 excellent wingers, an attacking midfielder and a striker who can play with his back to goal and hold the ball up well. I don't think we have any of those though. :sad:

Or three good attacking midfield players, as he seems to want to play with.

Be interesting to see how we used the midfield 3 tonight. Did we have any width or were they all played kind of centrally. Teams who play this system tend to play narrow up front

Hope someone who can read a game was there tonight and can tell us how we were set up.

That's actually made me feel a lot better about Csaba. I know it's just words, but it's what we've all known for a long time, and it's exactly what I wanted him to say tbh. If he acts on it, then the only way is up.

jamboinglasgow
Bit more -

He doesn't want the players, especially the young ones, to worry about making mistakes right now. You have to learn from them.

I once had a boss who was an ex-football player (from the 70's) and I was disscusing football with him and more specificly youth. He said that just like in his time in football now a days they dont give the young players the chance to make mistakes when they are put into the first team. He said unlike in youth teams when they are given freedom to play, in the first team they are told they have to do something and must win, nothing else. One or two mistakes and their out.

So it fills me with glee that he is tolerent with mistakes as they allow a player to develop. patentice is needed with development not expecting young players who will never make mistakes.

generally fairly positive feel about that.

but

"We" tried the new tactic tonight.

Hopefully he is referring to him and the players, and not the Elmers that formed part of last years committee.

Ryan Gosling

but

Hopefully he is referring to him and the players, and not the Elmers that formed part of last years committee.

He says he got the players to practice his new tactic yesterday in training.

More:

And Csaba promises that he'll look to use every mechanism possible to create a strong united Hearts team for next season, admitting that he's already aware of the team's strength and weaknesses.

"We will mix a little bit of creativity with strong-ness, discipline with innovation and every time the success can be there," he explained.

"Within ten minutes you see where you have a weakness. After ten minutes you see whether a player has confidence or not and whether a player would like the ball or not. I don't think you need three weeks for this!"

Johanes de Silentio

Great comments from Csaba - very pleasing!

Let's hope Mr Romanov listens, huh?

Al.

I'm not a fan of 1 up front but given what we have at the moment it is basically a forced decision. I'm glad that he at least tried to support the striker with driver and miko (least that was my understanding)

Only a Game

"Within ten minutes you see where you have a weakness. After ten minutes you see whether a player has confidence or not and whether a player would like the ball or not. I don't think you need three weeks for this!"

We'll he's certainly not slow in identifying whats needed thats for sure.

Lets hope Romanov is ready to step up to the plate when approached for new players.

Only a Game
As I recall, 'the'.

Miko says he's very patient, and very strict tactically.

can I ask where your reading/hearing/seeing all this ?

Generic Username

He keeps saying all the right things.

If the EEN is to be believed he's meeting with Romanov within the next week, fingers crossed he's allowed to follow up on some of his own signing targets.

'I don't like quantity, I like quality. There is a lot of quantity and not enough quality. We want an experienced quality player for every position, and we need a leader. The players don't talk on the field. They are too quiet. They can't hear each other across the field.'

"I'm not dissatisfied."

The best sentence a Hearts manager has uttered in a long long time. Some have been saying it on JKB since around August 2006 mind you.

LiamWallace

He talks a good game and at least he can see what we have been seeing for ages now I hope Vlad gives him his wishlist and we could be in for a very good season.

Auld Reekin'
He keeps saying all the right things.

If the EEN is to be believed he's meeting with Romanov within the next week, fingers crossed he's allowed to follow up on some of his own signing targets.

Agreed.

It'll be interesting to see if he carries on saying all the right things after he's had his face-to-face with Romanov. Let's hope so...!

:zip::evilno::pray:

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

"I'm not dissatisfied."

Best thing to come from the mouth of a football professional at Hearts for almost three years - particularly the bit about leaders on the pitch. At this rate he'll be sacked before Christmas;). Kidding.

jamboinglasgow

this line I liked the best from him, "You must know that Hearts is the oldest club in Edinburgh and at the moment we must be the number one in Edinburgh,"

if only he ended that sentence with 107 years in a row.

Burley clearly identified which positions needed strengthening from the remnants of Levein's side. He had Simon Hunt lined up to bring in a succession of the right players.

Has Lazlo ever had a transfer budget/brought in any players in his career?

Generic Username
Burley clearly identified which positions needed strengthening from the remnants of Levein's side. He had Simon Hunt lined up to bring in a succession of the right players.

Wasn't the team he was at in Hungary bust and took over a year to pay him wages? If that were the case I doubt he'd have a lot of money to throw about in regards signings.

I'd be happy enough if Vlad threw some players of Kingston's calibre his way and not the usual Kaunas dross. Either that or let him do his own thing.

Charlie-Brown

Last season Mark McGhee took a previously failing Motherwell squad and with the addition of only 2 or 3 players raised them 7 places in the SPL ie REAL improvement of the existing squad took place.

It would be a mistake in my opinion to want to bring in the equivalent again of Skacel, Jankauskas, Fyssas etc. as that was only superficial improvement - don't get me wrong they were wonderful players to watch and it was a great season however after Rudi left & Takis & Janny stopped being effective we weren't any better than we had been before - no lasting improvement had been made.....so i guess what I'm trying to say is of course Csaba needs to sign some players to strengthen the team in weak areas but more generally he needs to improve the players we already have otherwise we aren't making any progress.

Wasn't the team he was at in Hungary bust and took over a year to pay him wages? If that were the case I doubt he'd have a lot of money to throw about in regards signings.

I'd be happy enough if Vlad threw some players of Kingston's calibre his way and not the usual Kaunas dross. Either that or let him do his own thing.

It takes experience to become a good manager in terms of bringing in players. He doesn't appear to have any.

I think that VR will choose the players coming in. Most will be from Kaunas. And there will likely be some more cheap damaged goods players too.

Last season Mark McGhee took a previously failing Motherwell squad and with the addition of only 2 or 3 players raised them 7 places in the SPL ie REAL improvement of the existing squad took place.

It would be a mistake in my opinion to want to bring in the equivalent again of Skacel, Jankauskas, Fyssas etc. as that was only superficial improvement - don't get me wrong they were wonderful players to watch and it was a great season however after Rudi left & Takis & Janny stopped being effective we weren't any better than we had been before - no lasting improvement had been made.....so i guess what I'm trying to say is of course Csaba needs to sign some players to strengthen the team in weak areas but more generally he needs to improve the players we already have otherwise we aren't making any progress.

The team desperately requires some experienced leaders.

No one doubts that the non-triers needs to be shaken up. But given the dearth of quality in the squad that wouldn't be enough.

Generic Username

I'm not too fussed about a mad dash into the transfer market picking up players for the sake of it.

Laszlo has the right idea, he's been with the boys a few days, watched them train, watched them play and he's confident enough in his own abilities that with maybe 3 or 4 additions to the squad he can build a team that's more than capable of out doing last seasons effort.

I think every player in the squad will benifit from having an actual manager to manage them for a change. That'll be the big difference this season. Players should up their game and provide the goods on the park with things behind the scene's resembling some sort of normality again.

letsmakesomenoise
this line I liked the best from him, "You must know that Hearts is the oldest club in Edinburgh and at the moment we must be the number one in Edinburgh,"

if only he ended that sentence with 107 years in a row.

LOL :):)

And maybe a wee bit of FTH :107years:

Charlie-Brown
The team desperately requires some experienced leaders.

No one doubts that the non-triers needs to be shaken up. But given the dearth of quality in the squad that wouldn't be enough.

If we lack leaders then the players with leadership qualities need to be encouraged and promoted and their leadership skills developed.

The same with quality - the players need to be taught how to play effectively together and bring out their best qualities.

As an analogy - buying a calculator might make your answers to calculations more accurate but it doesn't improve your mental arithmetic skills - it may even make them worse.

Buying in solutions to these problems doesn't attack the root of the problem and merely postpone's solving it, Hearts players & team needs to taught how to impove themselves. that way we will see real progress. Is Csaba the man to do this? who knows? I guess we will find out.

"I'm not dissatisfied."

Glad it has only taken him 1 game to see what pish he has to work with. Once again he is saying all the right things. I only hope he gets to action his words.

Thats fine if you have decent players in the first place. Our squad is full of not good enough players regardless of who the manager is. Csaba should not be forced to work with crap loan players from Kaunas. He should also be allowed to try and get rid of crap players who have contracts with us.

The Mighty Thor

Positive words from Csaba. Mind you he couldn't really say anything else and have any credibility, the current squad took us to second bottom and failed in every must win game last season.

Like most on this thread talk is talk and action is action. We need a real clean out and have done for two years. Hopefully Romanov is in listening mode.

winston churchill

sounds like he knows his onions,and he has the balls to say it.

hopefully vlad will back him up.

The majority in the stands at Tynie were able to do this, too, from day 1 of last season.

I just hope Casaba has a strong personality to put his case for quality players to VR.

Charlie-Brown
Thats fine if you have decent players in the first place. Our squad is full of not good enough players regardless of who the manager is. Csaba should not be forced to work with crap loan players from Kaunas. He should also be allowed to try and get rid of crap players who have contracts with us.

I think (and hope) Csaba will attempt to do more improving than replacing - of course some new players will come in and some will leave, but we need to teach our own players how to play like Skacel & Jankauskas & Fyssas and how to do the things they did - if we only bring in hired guns like them but learn nothing from them then all that's left is some wonderful memories but no lasting legacy or improvement in the team.

I realise it's not a popular opinion and takes longer and people would prefer to see more instant solutions to team building ie buy some really good players right away which is fine but after they are gone will we be any further forward?

Where are team leaders & quality players created? they must be developed somewhere?

I'm with Jerry. Not enough time to make any drastic difference but has came out with statements that previous "managers" should have but didn't.

Happy to roll with this for a bit and see where it takes us.

We_are_the_Hearts
I think (and hope) Csaba will attempt to do more improving than replacing - of course some new players will come in and some will leave, but we need to teach our own players how to play like Skacel & Jankauskas & Fyssas and how to do the things they did - if we only bring in hired guns like them but learn nothing from them then all that's left is some wonderful memories but no lasting legacy or improvement in the team.

I realise it's not a popular opinion and takes longer and people would prefer to see more instant solutions to team building ie buy some really good players right away which is fine but after they are gone will we be any further forward?

Where are team leaders & quality players created? they must be developed somewhere?

They are created by playing with they type of players. Pressley played with leaders like Gough, Brown and McCall. Craig Levein learned from Sandy Jardine.

Ritchie developed under Bruno. We need to sign a couple of experienced professionals so that some of the young players can learn from them.

Your idea is fine but you need basic talent there as well. I very much doubt we have a Jankauskas or Skacel in our squad but would love to be proved wrong. I am confident team tactics, technique and all round awareness will improve under Csaba but some of the players will never be good enough.

The Real Maroonblood
They are created by playing with they type of players. Pressley played with leaders like Gough, Brown and McCall. Craig Levein learned from Sandy Jardine.

Ritchie developed under Bruno. We need to sign a couple of experienced professionals so that some of the young players can learn from them.

Your idea is fine but you need basic talent there as well. I very much doubt we have a Jankauskas or Skacel in our squad but would love to be proved wrong. I am confident team tactics, technique and all round awareness will improve under Csaba but some of the players will never be good enough.

True words because at the end of the day you can only p**s with the c**k

youv'e got.

Seymour M Hersh

but

Wouldn't get too caught up in that. In the hootsmoan he's talking about having several formations and that the players will have to get used to them.

Seymour M Hersh

Did Burley throw money around in transfer fees for getting those players in?

Did Burley throw money around in transfer fees for getting those players in?

Yes - well not explicitly transfer fees but there were big signing on fees.

If we are to play the 4-2-3-1 formation then we badly need a "number 10" type player who can play in the middle of the 3. It looks like Michael Stewart played there last night but I don't think he that sort of player. Cesnauskis or Kingston would be the 2 best candidates out of our current squad but I am still not convinced they are suited to the role.

A fit Nade should be a good option to play up on his own due to his strength however he was moaning last season saying he does not like playing up on his own - too much work maybe!

A good right back is also required, one that can get forward effectively and overlap.

Seymour M Hersh
Yes - well not explicitly transfer fees but there were big signing on fees.

On the back of Simon Hunt's advice no?

On the back of Simon Hunt's advice no?

Absolutely. They had worked together on getting players in before.

Given that Lazlo has never brought in players ... who will he get advice from? Korobotcha? VR?

We just need to refind some players of the calibre of Skacel, Hartley, Colquhoun

and Adam.

Easy. :(

Archived