***Official Dundee Utd v Hearts match thread***

Tenor

Fozzyonthefence
19 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t understand the mentality that says give nothing to other clubs. 

You must have a short memory then!

Not really sure why you have a problem with fans who choose to go to away games but wouldn’t pay for their tv stream or fans who wouldn’t do either for that matter.  

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Cruyff

• jr ewing

• King prawn

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

You must have a short memory then!

Not really sure why you have a problem with fans who choose to go to away games but wouldn’t pay for their tv stream or fans who wouldn’t do either for that matter.  

I don’t have a problem with them at all.  I just find it odd that fans who go to most away games, giving lots of money to the other club, come on here to say they wouldn’t pay the other club a much lower sum of money to watch Heats on the other clubs ppv. I just find that bizarre. 

14 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I would love someone to ask why Rowles didn't start today, because it looked like he wasn't match ready when he came on for Halkett, and got a little turned around by Fletcher at the first goal.

He was turned inside out by Fletcher until Fletcher went off. Outstanding front man performance from Fletcher today.  If we had him playing up front with Shankland we would be skooshing third place and probably wrestling with Rangers for second. 

22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

So basically play 3 players out of position to keep his blue eyed boy Halliday in the team, to its detriment. You pick your best team. 

Played the same team as last week.  Plenty on here been advocating more of that type of consistency.

Probably looking to get a couple of goals ahead, like last week too, then shore up the defence.  Early injury to Halkett spoiled that plan.

If wee Colin Steven, the ref, hadn't been talked into changing his mind on the Djoum penalty decision by Alan Muir on the VAR desk, could well have worked. 

Police and G4S today were arseholes. 

Btw why did that Djoum pen get reversed? Hits both of his hands while blocking a shot that’s going on target. 

Dundee United are then given the ball after it was overruled. Is that part of the rules?

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

Played the same team as last week.  Plenty on here been advocating more of that type of consistency.

Probably looking to get a couple of goals ahead, like last week too, then shore up the defence.  Early injury to Halkett spoiled that plan.

If wee Colin Steven, the ref, hadn't been talked into changing his mind on the Djoum penalty decision by Alan Muir on the VAR desk, could well have worked. 

We weren't great last week either, Halliday was certainly average at best and Cochrane at LCB should only be in emergencies. 

It wasn't a penalty and its difficult to criticise the ref for getting it right eventually. 

3 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

Typical Robbie away from home performance for me today. A forward thinking positive manager would have come away from there today with full points. United are murder but our manager managed to make them look better than they actually are. I said 4 points from our next 2 fixtures should be minimum but that was assuming we beat utd. I sadly can't see us beating St Johnstone but hopefully I'm wrong. 

Can't argue with that mate

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

We weren't great last week either, Halliday was certainly average at best and Cochrane at LCB should only be in emergencies. 

It wasn't a penalty and its difficult to criticise the ref for getting it right eventually. 

Fair enough.  It's your opinion but for me, a ball played off both of Djoum's arms in the box preventing a through ball to Shankland in the six yard box, is a penalty.

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

That gets on my wick also. You see the probable teams before and Halliday is never in them but come 1.50pm he is always there.

Hes not a starter in any position when better players are available, Fletcher did well going in behind and peeling off at the back post but its like they hadn't been warned about it. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, DesertDawg said:

Fair enough.  It's your opinion but for me, a ball played off both of Djoum's arms in the box preventing a through ball to Shankland in the six yard box, is a penalty.

It wouldve been harsh really, i dont think the players claimed for it? If he had played on we might've scored and **** knows why they got the ball back. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, Boghell51 said:

Next game against scumdee utd at tynie should be interesting for hobo p###k fletcher, fans and players will have short memories

At least we don’t have to go back there again this season, maybe their next manager will insist on a more football style game. 

Diadora Van Basten
6 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

There was a penalty given in England for the same thing recently and a lot of people thought it was the wrong decision so I have no idea if it was the right or wrong decision as you could make a case for his hand being in a natural decision and also enlarging his silhouette.

HeartsandonlyHearts
51 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Btw why did that Djoum pen get reversed? Hits both of his hands while blocking a shot that’s going on target. 

Dundee United are then given the ball after it was overruled. Is that part of the rules?

It wasn’t a shot but it was a penalty

The very fact that Craig's leg was bent backwards is convincing evidence that Fletcher did him? The greater force won out and it's a joke to suggest it was the other way round.

56 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Leaving aside the bizarre refereeing today there was a lot of weird shit today. 
United leaving the best bit of the ground empty and putting us in the god awful (and ironically named)fair play stand. 

The police swooping on someone playing a drum in public. 
And finally, the arsehole steward who almost wet himself in excitement at catching someone with a vape then trying to wrestle him out of the ground. 
A lot of fans think the old Strathclyde were bad but all my worst experiences of policing and stewarding have been on Tayside. 

henrysmithsgloves

I've calmed down a bit now,that game was horrendous on so many levels. The match officials shouldn't be near a Sunday kick about 🤬🤬

1 hour ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

I've calmed down a bit now,that game was horrendous on so many levels. The match officials shouldn't be near a Sunday kick about 🤬🤬

They'll certainly never be anywhere near the FIFA list.

1 hour ago, Jarhead said:

United leaving the best bit of the ground empty and putting us in the god awful (and ironically named)fair play stand. 

And finally, the arsehole steward who almost wet himself in excitement at catching someone with a vape then trying to wrestle him out of the ground. 
A lot of fans think the old Strathclyde were bad but all my worst experiences of policing and stewarding have been on Tayside. 

Dens last year, the Dundee polis refused me entry with my club flag. Prestonpans Hearts, Est. 1978 is literally all it says on it. Their intention is to rile and hope for a reaction. If Dundee was wiped off the face of the earth tomorrow not a single person would miss it. 

2 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

There was a penalty given in England for the same thing recently and a lot of people thought it was the wrong decision so I have no idea if it was the right or wrong decision as you could make a case for his hand being in a natural decision and also enlarging his silhouette.

It was at the World Cup and pretty much confirmed by everyone to be the wrong decision. 

henrysmithsgloves
1 hour ago, DesertDawg said:

They'll certainly never be anywhere near the FIFA list.

I'm thinking subbuteo isn't even their level

5 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

The very fact that Craig's leg was bent backwards is convincing evidence that Fletcher did him? The greater force won out and it's a joke to suggest it was the other way round.

Fletcher had his eye on the ball all the way. Yes it's a horrible injury and even tho it was an accident, it's still a foul and yellow card. 

He didn't mean to do him.

10 hours ago, jonesy said:

Never met a Dundee Hibs fan without at least one aspect of their personality being hugely questionable. I wouldn’t trust their judgement on whether or not it was sunny out the window, let alone anything to do with football. A club full of weirdos, deviants and oddballs, from top to bottom. The broken biscuit factory. 

They’re like slightly toned down Aberdeen fans. Freaks and ne’er-do-wells. 

11 hours ago, jonesy said:

Just remember guys, that Fletcher has previous for shocking challenges on Hearts players. Ask Christophe Berra.

We need to afford this guy the exact same care and sporting courtesy he shows to our players next time we play. 

If Edwards is taken out as collateral damage that would be good. Pair of dangerous players that get away with murder 

2 hours ago, Gizmo said:

We need to afford this guy the exact same care and sporting courtesy he shows to our players next time we play. 

If Edwards is taken out as collateral damage that would be good. Pair of dangerous players that get away with murder 

I wasn't there and have seen the highlights once so my question is this. Did Edwards get booked for sliding into Smith's ankles just after Smith got his shot away for his goal and should Fletcher have been booked for the collision with Gordon. I know it was deemed to be a 50/50 ball but how often do you see two players going for the ball and the one who is a fraction slower and makes contact with the man ends up with a yellow card?

7 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Fletcher should have been sent off for this. Might just have saved Craigy's leg

Screenshot_20221225_153735_Messenger.jpg

Should have been sent off for this full stud stamp on Toby Sibbick long before he crippled Craig Gordon.  I saw it on Hearts TV at the time and couldn’t believe how he got away with it.  Fortunately, Sibbick has played more than a few games in League 1 and 2 so knows how to look after himself but where was the ref or wee Dougie Dross who was the linesman on that side? Besides, aren't the fourth official and VAR desk miked up to the ref too?

How Ryan Edwards managed to play the whole game without getting a yellow or red card was ridiculous.  Four "officials" at the game and one in Glasgow yet not one of them noticed?

3 hours ago, henrysmithsgloves said:

Surprised this isn't in that set😳.

download.jpeg

I'd rather have had these officials AND a guide dog.

LS-030414 Referee Set

21 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Fletcher has history and like all exHibbies  and the Dundee Hibs he goes in hard so no surprise that Craig came out badly hurt. 

20 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

Dens last year, the Dundee polis refused me entry with my club flag. Prestonpans Hearts, Est. 1978 is literally all it says on it. Their intention is to rile and hope for a reaction. If Dundee was wiped off the face of the earth tomorrow not a single person would miss it. 

The Aberdeen fans would miss it,   Where else would they stop for a pish on the way to the Weedge? 🤷‍♂️

Malinga the Swinga
6 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

This act of thuggery has been ignored everywhere in media as the campaign to clear Fletcher has gathered pace.

If it had been dealt with by any if officials, we would still have Gordon in goals.

Their complete disregard of laws of game and shitness of ability should not be allowed to go unreported. Imagine if it has happened against Sevco or Celtic. It would have been highlighted and trial by Sportscene started.

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

This act of thuggery has been ignored everywhere in media as the campaign to clear Fletcher has gathered pace.

If it had been dealt with by any if officials, we would still have Gordon in goals.

Their complete disregard of laws of game and shitness of ability should not be allowed to go unreported. Imagine if it has happened against Sevco or Celtic. It would have been highlighted and trial by Sportscene started.

Imagine if Craig had come out of his goal with his foot up and broken Fletcher's leg in 3 places instead.

Pen United

Red Card Craig

Sine die ban

Still, none of this would have happened had the Sibbick incident been dealt with properly.

if only we had something like the VAR thingy they've got down south ?

Edited by Busby8

Bazzas right boot
On 24/12/2022 at 21:52, Independence said:

More than you can say about some of the 'experts' on KB!

We have a lot of premature evaluators here.

7 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

Surely it would be discussed on Sportscene and Fletcher cited for a Red.  ??

10 hours ago, JAYEL said:

Surely it would be discussed on Sportscene and Fletcher cited for a Red.  ??

He’s pals wi Thommo and Mikey, nothing to see here. 

10 hours ago, Busby8 said:

Imagine if Craig had come out of his goal with his foot up and broken Fletcher's leg in 3 places instead.

Pen United

Red Card Craig

Sine die ban

Still, none of this would have happened had the Sibbick incident been dealt with properly.

if only we had something like the VAR thingy they've got down south ?

Dundee Utd fans think it should have been a red card and a penalty as Gordon was out of control and came flying out with both legs up in the air.

He did what all keepers do, spread his arms and legs to stop the ball and Fletcher came flying into him. 

1 hour ago, 1953 said:

Dundee Utd fans think it should have been a red card and a penalty as Gordon was out of control and came flying out with both legs up in the air.

He did what all keepers do, spread his arms and legs to stop the ball and Fletcher came flying into him. 

Craig has both feet off the ground just before the collision, that is undeniable. What impact that had on him getting so badly injured ? Who knows.

1 hour ago, 1953 said:

Presumably they think Fletcher was in full control then ?

If so, that would significantly alter his challenge from Reckless to Deliberate.

Thunder and Lightning
On 24/12/2022 at 22:17, Jarhead said:

If the steward put his hands on him that's assault a steward does not have the legal authority to grab anyone. 

27 minutes ago, Busby8 said:

Presumably they think Fletcher was in full control then ?

If so, that would significantly alter his challenge from Reckless to Deliberate.

Fletcher apparently didn't take his eyes off the ball, but if he had done he would have seen where Gordon was and could have avoided the collision. Reckless at best.

11 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Fletcher apparently didn't take his eyes off the ball, but if he had done he would have seen where Gordon was and could have avoided the collision. Reckless at best.

I think its quite hard to accuse Fletcher of setting out to do Gordon, don't get me wrong, with him leaving one on Sibbick, I think that speaks to it being in his locker to do that but you can equally argue it was a 50/50 that he had every right to go for. Interestingly, Gordon won the ball and was clattered, so if that is a foul, is that not a booking? 

My anger is at the referee and VAR for not holding him accountable for the foul on Sibbick. He should not have been on the park to injure Gordon in the first place, You might also question had he been booked for the Sibbick incident, would he have went into that 50/50 with Gordon? They were leading at the time and I think he has enough game sense about him not to risk being sent packing. I also think how quickly he came back onto the park is a bit suspect too. I've saw Collum send them back until he decides and my belief is Colin Steven is so piss weak that he wasn't willing to do that. Say what you want about Collum but he does for the most part dictate the rules firmly. 

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Craig has both feet off the ground just before the collision, that is undeniable. What impact that had on him getting so badly injured ? Who knows.

You'd think having both feet off the ground in an incident like that would work in his favour. If that leg was planted when Fletcher hit him doesn't bear thinking about. I think Fletcher is far more aware of his surroundings than folk are making out. He isn't trying to do Gordon but he careers towards a ball he is probably aware he's not getting to first, hoping for a collision and a penalty. Dangerous play from the attacker.

16 minutes ago, OTT said:

I think its quite hard to accuse Fletcher of setting out to do Gordon, don't get me wrong, with him leaving one on Sibbick, I think that speaks to it being in his locker to do that but you can equally argue it was a 50/50 that he had every right to go for. Interestingly, Gordon won the ball and was clattered, so if that is a foul, is that not a booking? 

My anger is at the referee and VAR for not holding him accountable for the foul on Sibbick. He should not have been on the park to injure Gordon in the first place, You might also question had he been booked for the Sibbick incident, would he have went into that 50/50 with Gordon? They were leading at the time and I think he has enough game sense about him not to risk being sent packing. I also think how quickly he came back onto the park is a bit suspect too. I've saw Collum send them back until he decides and my belief is Colin Steven is so piss weak that he wasn't willing to do that. Say what you want about Collum but he does for the most part dictate the rules firmly. 

That's the stupidity of VAR. They "checked" the challenge on Sibbick and didn't think it worthy of red. However, the system doesn't allow the ref to show a yellow card, it's a red or nothing. Absolutely bonkers.