Sofjan Amrabat

Perth to Paisley

Lord Beni of Gorgie
34 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

As the saying goes, never buy someone off the back of a good WC.

I totally agree with this, however the guy has clearly been a success in Serie A too.

Are we classing Laudrup and Bale as forwards, if not, they would be the best 2 I've seen, though as a pair nothing will beat Xavi and Iniesta, that was a thing of beauty

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Pasquale for King

• Sooks

• Martin_T

17 hours ago, ShedBoy said:

How can people remember either game v Fiorentina? Surely I couldn’t have been the only pished Hearts fan? 🤣🍺

:rofl:very true... I don't even think I was facing the pitch half the time in Florence. Too busy bouncing about the maroon mosh pit below OS1.

kingantti1874

Just another reminder that a small number hearts fans talk ****ing pish, especially when it comes to throwing rocks at the club.

”players like amrabat are pish, when didn’t Natty akka do better against Mbappe” 😂😂🤦‍♂️

Edited by kingantti1874

5 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I totally agree with this, however the guy has clearly been a success in Serie A too.

Are we classing Laudrup and Bale as forwards, if not, they would be the best 2 I've seen, though as a pair nothing will beat Xavi and Iniesta, that was a thing of beauty

He's a very good player, clearly.

4 hours ago, boag1874 said:

:rofl:very true... I don't even think I was facing the pitch half the time in Florence. Too busy bouncing about the maroon mosh pit below OS1.

Honestly mate I got in a bit late and it took me 5mins to realise we were 1 down and then about another 10 to realise we were in white 🤣🤣🤣

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Will say it again. This boy is some player

Just don’t say he’s the best player you’ve seen at Tynecastle. You’ll get called out for that and told its total nonsense. 

Lord Montpelier
31 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Just don’t say he’s the best player you’ve seen at Tynecastle. You’ll get called out for that and told its total nonsense. 

Not seen any better in person in the position he plays 

That’s Spain and Portugal he’s helped to shut out now by controlling the midfield - and some were asking why we couldn’t get near them. 

RustyRightPeg
25 minutes ago, Lord Montpelier said:

Not seen any better in person in the position he plays 

Not for me either. Plays with wing mirrors and is absolutely relentless in defence. 

48 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Not for me either. Plays with wing mirrors and is absolutely relentless in defence. 

Gatusso was some player . Got a lot better after he left Scotland though , despite always talking about how his fitba education here played a big part in making him the player he was 

Certainly having a very good tournament, but I don't see how anyone can justify trotting out the one of the best they've seen live hyperbole etc based on a stroll in the park, against a heavily injury depleted, 10 man Hearts side. Fiorentina didn't have to do much in that game to win it.

Morocco having a tournament very reminiscent of Greece at Euro 2004, at which the defensive midfielders, Zagorakis and Bassinas were excellent. 

Be interesting to see where Amrabat ends up though.

42 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Certainly having a very good tournament, but I don't see how anyone can justify trotting out the one of the best they've seen live hyperbole etc based on a stroll in the park, against a heavily injury depleted, 10 man Hearts side. Fiorentina didn't have to do much in that game to win it.

Morocco having a tournament very reminiscent of Greece at Euro 2004, at which the defensive midfielders, Zagorakis and Bassinas were excellent. 

He’s been linked with Liverpool and Tottenham. Definitely one of my player of the tournaments so far. He’s class.

RustyRightPeg
43 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

For me, I’m not basing it on when he played against us. He could only beat what was in front of him when they played against us and he did it very convincingly and very easily. 

I watch a lot of Serie A and he’s a standout for Fiorentina, I had an opinion of him before he played against us and his performances only confirmed my thought.

He’s attracted a lot of attention, namely from Spurs and Liverpool prior to this tournament and that has only increased two fold due to his outstanding appearances thus far. 

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

As was their left back. 

Perth to Paisley

I also watch a lot of Serie A and he has been superb for a while.

He has had an excellent tournament and deserves to play for a better club. [This is not necessarily in England]

He and 10 others strolled it at Tynecastle - I  actually thought Giacomo Bonaventura was the better on the night. 

Morocco are not exciting but are a phenomenal unit.

Yep. I'm really pleased he's doing well and not every 'fan' appreciates the aspects of the 'unsung hero' who does the donkey work (they're called 'water carriers' in Italy). 

The majority of pundits, commentators and even Ibrahimovic (who was quoted today as highlighting Sofyan as a standout player) have praised him.

We've got him tied down contractually for another season with option to extend to 2025. However, he's got interest from Liverpool, Spurs and Atletico already among others and the President (who desperately wanted him) is apparently sitting down with a new contract offer. At least if he does go and wants Champions League football etc. we should get a decent amount but highly doubt it will be a move in January.

Modern football eh?

RustyRightPeg

The first page of this thread is funny. 

More than a few shockers on a guy some thought Peter Haring would be able to lay a glove on. 

11 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

The first page of this thread is funny. 

More than a few shockers on a guy some thought Peter Haring would be able to lay a glove on. 

Aye but could Mbappe nutmeg Haring🤣

2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Just proving my point. I was ridiculed. Doesn’t look so daft now. 

You weren't "ridiculed" for your view he is a good player. He has had a sensational World Cup for a team who have excelled and anyone disputing that is an idiot. You were "ridiculed" (by some people) for stating he was the best player you'd seen at Tynecastle which remains a silly comment, unless you've been to very few matches. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

A top football player in his own position. Truly had a tournament to remember. Slightly above average :)

RustyRightPeg
8 hours ago, Luckies1874 said:

You weren't "ridiculed" for your view he is a good player. He has had a sensational World Cup for a team who have excelled and anyone disputing that is an idiot. You were "ridiculed" (by some people) for stating he was the best player you'd seen at Tynecastle which remains a silly comment, unless you've been to very few matches. 

How is it a silly statement? He was head and shoulders above us. 

Within 2/3 months he’s now went to a World Cup and been a stand out against Croatia, Belgium, Spain, Portugal and France. Some would say those nations possess world class footballers, and he’s looked every bit as good this tournament. 

8 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

A top football player in his own position. Truly had a tournament to remember. Slightly above average :)

Keep labouring this point if you like, I've already acknowledged that he had a very good tournament.

However against a 10 man and injury ravaged Hearts side, he didn't look 'world class' etc because he didn't need to.

So in that game at Tynecastle, he looked good, but in my opinion at the time, just a slightly above average Serie A defensive midfielder.

6 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

How is it a silly statement? He was head and shoulders above us. 

Within 2/3 months he’s now went to a World Cup and been a stand out against Croatia, Belgium, Spain, Portugal and France. Some would say those nations possess world class footballers, and he’s looked every bit as good this tournament. 

Hew was head and shoulders above a Hearts side who were pretty dreadful on open particular night is totally different from the best player to have played at Tynecastle. That us total hyperbole. Yes he is clearly an excellent footballer who has had an excellent World Cup but you are way over the top about his overall standing when it comes to opposition players. 

RustyRightPeg
14 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Hew was head and shoulders above a Hearts side who were pretty dreadful on open particular night is totally different from the best player to have played at Tynecastle. That us total hyperbole. Yes he is clearly an excellent footballer who has had an excellent World Cup but you are way over the top about his overall standing when it comes to opposition players. 

I said midfielder, not best player. 

• 8 months later...
On 27/11/2022 at 14:37, Sooks said:

That is the level out players are being tested at , and it do them wonders in terms of development 

Yes last night in Greece showed they’d obviously learned a lot from last year’s European experience.

2 minutes ago, Korky said:

Yes last night in Greece showed they’d obviously learned a lot from last year’s European experience.

Sorry I am not sure if you are just lashing out in disappointment , or if you are doubting the positive effect European football has on the development of young players 

RustyRightPeg
On 28/11/2022 at 21:45, RustyRightPeg said:

Definitely the same guy from Fiorentina. 

Go out on a limb and say he’s the best central midfielder I’ve seen playing at Tynecastle. 

🤷🏽‍♂️

On 01/09/2023 at 23:45, Sooks said:

Sorry I am not sure if you are just lashing out in disappointment , or if you are doubting the positive effect European football has on the development of young players 

I can’t see the ‘positive effect’ you refer to.

On 01/09/2023 at 23:37, Big_Hearts_Runner said:

Loan deal just gone through to Manchester United, presume loan to buy?

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/12950810/man-utd-now-in-talks-to-sign-sofyan-amrabat-on-loan

Aye all to get round ffp rules Man Utd can't sign anyone else until they offload so this gets by that 

• 6 months later...
Martin_T

Interesting, perhaps not world class etc after all then? 😜

Jim_Duncan
2 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

He’s a good player, as are all the Manchester United players. They’re just keech as a team. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Still a few levels above Hearts ffs.