Top Posters In This Topic

• RustyRightPeg

• Pasquale for King

• Sooks

• Martin_T

19 minutes ago, Perth to Paisley said:

Fabulous player.

Pleasure to see him play.

That is the level out players are being tested at , and it do them wonders in terms of development 

I wondered why Amrabat suddenly seemed to occupy a more defensive role for Fiorentina and it's only when i've seen the title of this thread i've realised this guy is Nordin Amrabat's younger brother 🙃 . I thought it was the same guy ffs. Both very good players

22 minutes ago, RS86 said:

I wondered why Amrabat suddenly seemed to occupy a more defensive role for Fiorentina and it's only when i've seen the title of this thread i've realised this guy is Nordin Amrabat's younger brother 🙃 . I thought it was the same guy ffs. Both very good players

Is he ? I thought it was the same guy too

Captain Lithuania

Quality player. Very early in the home leg I said to my pal that he was controlling the game for them. Really like him. Out of all the players we saw on our Euro adventure he was the standout. 

Edit - apparently not the same guy. But the point still stands. Wonderful player. 

Edited by Captain Lithuania

2 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

According to the line ups it was Soufran from Fiorentina who was playing.

Definitely looks like the same player to me 

Definitely the guy that played against Hearts then , I thought so . Top player 

Sorry @RS86 I think I misunderstood your post . You were never suggesting it was not the same player that we played in the conference league 

Yeah I'm wondering who said it wasn't tbh, because my point was that I wasn't even aware there were 2 brothers so had assumed Nordin (who I was familiar with already from his time in Spain) was at Fiorentina 😒🤷‍♂️

Captain Lithuania
7 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Him and the Serbian guy for Istanbul strolled it against us. Top players

Was most impressed with Traoré for Istanbul. The boy is some athlete. 

2 hours ago, RS86 said:

Yeah I'm wondering who said it wasn't tbh, because my point was that I wasn't even aware there were 2 brothers so had assumed Nordin (who I was familiar with already from his time in Spain) was at Fiorentina 😒🤷‍♂️

:thumbs up: 

LarrysRightFoot

I was joking to a mate after the Croatia game I wasn’t surprised he had Modric in his pocket as I’d saw him do the same to Grant. 

We all love Sofyan at Fiorentina as he always puts in a shift (usually picking up a booking) but capable of an exquisite pass or assist. Thought he controlled the midfield in the Tynecastle leg. The President explicitly wanted him from Verona and we payed 20 million so these kind of guys don't come cheap to anyone!

Since Torriera left, who we miss badly, he's played recently in a more deeper 'director' role to compensate which isn't his natural position but adapted well. I missed the Morocco game but heard he did well?

Pic from him arriving at Edinburgh Airport...!

Screenshot_20221005-192432_Facebook.jpg

Lord Beni of Gorgie

You have to get these players really young and be willing to gamble, even for clubs twice the size of us. Scouting is so good these days, unless we get pots of cash, you are going to have gamble and early. Aberdeen likely to lose another very young player because there are no secrets now at any level.

Really don't know how we could ever get our hands on players from these countries.

Neilson identified him as Fiorentina star player before a ball was kicked in our group

8 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

You have to get these players really young and be willing to gamble, even for clubs twice the size of us. Scouting is so good these days, unless we get pots of cash, you are going to have gamble and early. Aberdeen likely to lose another very young player because there are no secrets now at any level.

Really don't know how we could ever get our hands on players from these countries.

Neilson identified him as Fiorentina star player before a ball was kicked in our group

It is some thing that has taken a lot of the romance out of the game really . All clubs know of the talent at other clubs academies and they can just snatch them up before they sign professional contracts . We seem to have lost a fair few this way . Gone are the days where you can bring through a gem that nobody else is aware of . Every good young player in our academy will be on numerous excel sheets in the computers of a great many clubs 

It was the one avenue left open to clubs who do not have the finances to buy these players once established , and now it is almost impossible to hold on to the ones we nurture ourselves 

He looked to be a slightly above average defensive midfielder to me. 

I still maintain that if we'd had our strongest team available we could have done something at home v Istanbul and Fiorentina.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 hours ago, Martin_T said:

He looked to be a slightly above average defensive midfielder to me. 

I still maintain that if we'd had our strongest team available we could have done something at home v Istanbul and Fiorentina.

Slightly above average? I suppose making it look piss easy could give that impression 

46 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Slightly above average? I suppose making it look piss easy could give that impression 

Reality is probably somewhere between my quoted post and the hyperbole further up the thread.

He's a Moroccan international playing for a mid table Serie A club, not Zidane.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Reality is probably somewhere between my quoted post and the hyperbole further up the thread.

He's a Moroccan international playing for a mid table Serie A club, not Zidane.

Zidane was a megastar, not sure anyone suggested he was a megastar, simply a very good player levels above what we play week in week out.

RustyRightPeg
On 27/11/2022 at 15:06, Captain Lithuania said:

Quality player. Very early in the home leg I said to my pal that he was controlling the game for them. Really like him. Out of all the players we saw on our Euro adventure he was the standout. 

Edit - apparently not the same guy. But the point still stands. Wonderful player. 

Definitely the same guy from Fiorentina. 

Go out on a limb and say he’s the best central midfielder I’ve seen playing at Tynecastle. 

12 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Go out on a limb and say he’s the best central midfielder I’ve seen playing at Tynecastle. 

Behave :lol:

14 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

When did you first go to Tynecastle, August this year?

RustyRightPeg
7 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Behave :lol:

5 hours ago, Martin_T said:

When did you first go to Tynecastle, August this year?

He was very close to moving to Spurs in the summer. Antonio Conte rates him very highly and he’s a £25/30M player. 

De Bruyne anonymous against him. Tielemans came on and did nothing. 

Stand out at the World Cup for Morocco but if that’s not enough then I’d be quite happy to hear your thoughts. 

2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

He was very close to moving to Spurs in the summer. Antonio Conte rates him very highly and he’s a £25/30M player. 

De Bruyne anonymous against him. Tielemans came on and did nothing. 

Stand out at the World Cup for Morocco but if that’s not enough then I’d be quite happy to hear your thoughts. 

25m is about average for an EPL starting midfielder.

Depends on how long you have been watching Hearts for, of course, but there was nothing particularly great about his performance at Tynecastle against a 10 man Hearts team, deprived of several key players since August.

I've been going since 1989 and the likes of Gascoigne, Tugay, Van Bronckhorst, Collins, Petrov, Lambert were all arguably of a different class to Amrabat.

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Martin_T said:

Depends on how long you have been watching Hearts for, of course, but there was nothing particularly great about his performance at Tynecastle against a 10 man Hearts team, deprived of several key players since August.

I've been going since 1989 and the likes of Gascoigne, Tugay, Van Bronckhorst, Collins, Petrov, Lambert were all arguably of a different class to Amrabat.

Well I was born in 1994 so that’ll close that off. 

2 hours ago, Martin_T said:

Could also include Reyna, de Boer, van der Vaart, Moravcik, Nakamura. And ok it wasn’t Tynecastle, it was Murrayfield but we played a Barca side that included Xavi, Iniesta and Toure.

3 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Well I was born in 1994 so that’ll close that off. 

So Paul Hartley’s the best midfielder you’ve seen surely?

Aye he totally controlled the game v us, fantastic player & this just shows the quality we had to contend with in Europe. Conference league is certainly no diddy competition 

RustyRightPeg
49 minutes ago, JimBett365 said:

So he’s the best midfielder to ever grace the Tynecastle turf but also only slightly above average. 🤪

The best in my eyes - doesn’t look like many (any) agree and that’s fine. 

Just how I seen it on both occasions we played them. He played with wing mirrors on. We didn’t press him much at Tynecastle but when we did he’d already moved the ball and was on the move to get on it again. Not every midfielder needs goals and assists to make them stand out to some. 

26 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

How can people remember either game v Fiorentina? Surely I couldn’t have been the only pished Hearts fan? 🤣🍺

I mind we played an Italian team at some point....🤣

28 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

How can people remember either game v Fiorentina? Surely I couldn’t have been the only pished Hearts fan? 🤣🍺

The people who can remember weren't there. 😎

WheatfieldWarrior
On 28/11/2022 at 21:45, RustyRightPeg said:

Better than Perry Kitchen?

56 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

He's certainly been very good in this tournament. Was excellent against Spain.

As the saying goes, never buy someone off the back of a good WC.