• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nucky Thompson

• hughesie27

• jack D and coke

• vegas-voss

I think this episode completed the slow adoption of Ellie by Joel. At first she was just an annoyance to him, now she's like a daughter he would die for.

Yet another infected-less episode. I think there’s only been one infected seen in the last three episodes. The one that infected Ellie and Riley. They even missed out the fight that Ellie and David had with them.

On episode 5. Have to say each episode is hit or miss. Some really good ones but some totally shite. 

Far too much scene setting for a 9 episode series. 

The GF who has never played a game in her life so has no attachment to it from that perspective at all was gutted when I said this week was the last episode as she "has really liked it"

6 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

The GF who has never played a game in her life so has no attachment to it from that perspective at all was gutted when I said this week was the last episode as she "has really liked it"

I'm a non-gamer and I've really enjoyed the series, happy to hear they have confirmed a 2nd series too.

Most sources say this is a 9 episode series, the 9th episode is next Monday, yet according to IMDB there are 10 episodes, they could be wrong though.

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, jim747 said:

I'm a non-gamer and I've really enjoyed the series, happy to hear they have confirmed a 2nd series too.

Most sources say this is a 9 episode series, the 9th episode is next Monday, yet according to IMDB there are 10 episodes, they could be wrong though.

9 seems rather odd as series usually are 8 or 10 . Non gamer too and I’ve enjoyed it, 

Dean Winchester
9 hours ago, jim747 said:

It was originally a 10 episode series but episodes 1 and 2 were combined.

Episode 1 was originally meant to end with Joel putting the kid in the fire.

Edited by Dean Winchester

Greedy Jambo

It has scope to be a lot betiter, maybe with how popular it has been, they'll have a bigger budget for season 2. 

I think i seen as many gay kisses as i did zombies. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

Ended up watching the last episode "live".

A bit rushed, like the whole season, definitely think they could have had a lot more Zombie scenes. 

Like the first game they could just end it there but season 2 will be a good watch. Even better story.

44 minutes ago, benny said:

Sets it up nicely for season 2.

Not really. When they finished the 1st game they never knew there would be a 2nd. There is absolutely 0 suggestion for where season 2 will pick up, unless you have played the game and know.

21 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Not really. When they finished the 1st game they never knew there would be a 2nd. There is absolutely 0 suggestion for where season 2 will pick up, unless you have played the game and know.

Not played the game.

Going by the tv show  it sets it up well.

Nucky Thompson

I really enjoyed the show and thought they done the game justice.

OK, there could've been more infected brought into the TV show, but the point of the game was killing loads of infected to get to the end.

Looking forward to what they do with the 2nd game, which I thought had a better story

It didn't surprise me Joel did what he did, this episode in the earlier part fully demonstrated that in his head he has adopted her and she's his daughter. He loves her like a daughter. The interesting thing about it is the moral conundrum.

Granted Ellie would have lost her life, but if that could save the world so to speak, does that make Joel a bad guy? 

1 hour ago, JFK-1 said:

It didn't surprise me Joel did what he did, this episode in the earlier part fully demonstrated that in his head he has adopted her and she's his daughter. He loves her like a daughter. The interesting thing about it is the moral conundrum.

Granted Ellie would have lost her life, but if that could save the world so to speak, does that make Joel a bad guy? 

I’m assuming you haven’t played the games? So I’ll put the next part in spoiler tabs as it contains spoilers for part 2 of the game and possibly/probably spoilers for season 2.

Spoiler

I don’t think it makes him a bad guy. He saw Ellie as a daughter and didn’t want to lose another one. In part 2, there’s a flashback section of the game where Ellie returns to the hospital, looking for the truth as to what happens. Joel catches up with her and eventually tells her the truth. She’s left furious as she wanted her immunity to mean something, even if it meant her death. So, I would say he was more selfish than bad. Mind you, it was a hell of a dilemma for him.

On 08/03/2023 at 17:02, iantjambo said:

Yet another infected-less episode. I think there’s only been one infected seen in the last three episodes. The one that infected Ellie and Riley. They even missed out the fight that Ellie and David had with them.

It's quite a big moment one in the game as well that one

On 14/03/2023 at 07:48, Nucky Thompson said:

I really enjoyed the show and thought they done the game justice.

OK, there could've been more infected brought into the TV show, but the point of the game was killing loads of infected to get to the end.

Looking forward to what they do with the 2nd game, which I thought had a better story

I'm just about to start the 2nd game from what I read when it first came out though the story was a mess but the action was better.

24 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

I'm just about to start the 2nd game from what I read when it first came out though the story was a mess but the action was better.

Think folk just didn't like the first few hours.

Better story than part 1 over all. Some absolutely brutal scenes where you regularly just don't want to press the buttons anymore.

23 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Think folk just didn't like the first few hours.

Better story than part 1 over all. Some absolutely brutal scenes where you regularly just don't want to press the buttons anymore.

Got 10 days off after tomorrow so going to blast through it then.Been hoping it's going on PS Extra for ages but it went down to £8.64 so I just bought it

1 hour ago, vegas-voss said:

Got 10 days off after tomorrow so going to blast through it then.Been hoping it's going on PS Extra for ages but it went down to £8.64 so I just bought it

Was holding out for PS Plus myself but ended up buying a couple of weeks ago when they reduced it and it's worth every penny, far superior to the first game imo. 

Certain aspects of the story were pretty controversial (they shouldn't have been, but gaming apparently still attracts men with a certain type of world view) so I hope when the TV show comes to deal with those that it is better received. 

Binged the first season over the last few days.

Never played the games.

Enjoyed the show. A solid post-apocalyptic drama.

Is it any better or innovative than things like "The Road" or "A Quiet Place" or "Vesper"? Not really.
It may be a bit formulaic but it's still pretty good.

Edited by Cade

Nucky Thompson
8 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Part 2 is really brutal, and pretty much unique in how it made me feel.

Same here. 

I ended up rooting for Abby as the game wore on 

Last episode I felt had potential to be a lot better , there were scenes that could have taken up half the show but instead got rushed out in a couple of minutes with some harrowing music over the top.

Episode 8 was better .

Lack of infected scenes doesn't bother me about it, but then I never played the game. It's just a story to me and if they tell a good story without rampaging infected that's fine for me. I already saw them, saw what they can do. I don't need a lot of doses of it.

In retrospect I like episode 3 better now, at the time I felt if you're going to go off into flashback like that, make it about Joel or Ellie. Not those two guys who were one episode wonders. But yeah I suppose they're telling a story, and this was a story from the pandemic. The survivalist guy was an interesting character.

jack D and coke
On 15/03/2023 at 12:51, vegas-voss said:

I don’t know why that was said it’s a far better game than the first one imo. 
Some of it actually plays out like a tv show the production values are so good. 
I ended up leaning more to abbey by the end too. 
It’s not a game you’ll probably ever want to play again either so I’d let the cut scenes play.

As for the tv show I’ve sacked it it’s baws. 
I can’t take to that Ellie at all. She annoys me. 

On 15/03/2023 at 15:45, Jamboross said:

Was holding out for PS Plus myself but ended up buying a couple of weeks ago when they reduced it and it's worth every penny, far superior to the first game imo. 

Certain aspects of the story were pretty controversial (they shouldn't have been, but gaming apparently still attracts men with a certain type of world view) so I hope when the TV show comes to deal with those that it is better received. 

It won't be, if the review bombing by snowflakes of certain episodes is anything to go by. That's even ignoring the petulance some displayed when the Part II storyline was leaked. 

Perhaps people who watch the story to enjoy the author's intent and not demand to see an imprint their own very specific and narrow viewpoints of the world on someone else's creation, will appreciate it. 

1 hour ago, Gizmo said:

It won't be, if the review bombing by snowflakes of certain episodes is anything to go by. That's even ignoring the petulance some displayed when the Part II storyline was leaked. 

Perhaps people who watch the story to enjoy the author's intent and not demand to see an imprint their own very specific and narrow viewpoints of the world on someone else's creation, will appreciate it. 

No real reason to quote you but when I first played the game and heard online that there was a trans character in it I just assumed it was Abby for pretty much the entire game. 

jack D and coke
Just now, Arthur Morgan said:

I noticed that the voice actress of Ellie in the games was actually her mother in the TV show, nice touch.

Really? That’s pretty cool tbf. 
I don’t think she was a good choice for the part though. I think it’s her that spoils it for me a bit. I can’t take to her. 

4 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I noticed that the voice actress of Ellie in the games was actually her mother in the TV show, nice touch.

Troy Baker who played Joel in the games was David's sidekick in episode 8 and the actress playing Marlene on TV was the same woman who did her voice in the games, there were a few others in camero roles too. As you say, a nice touch. 

• 7 months later...
Nucky Thompson
20 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

:lol:

They begin filming season 2 in January with Abby already casted, but they haven't revealed who the actress is

31 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

:lol:

They begin filming season 2 in January with Abby already casted, but they haven't revealed who the actress is

He has no idea who Abby is.

12 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

He has no idea who Abby is.

8 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I hope they’ve binned that non binary person from the last season that played Abbie. 
I might enjoy it more. 

He definitely has no idea who Abby is. 

8 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I hope they’ve binned that non binary person from the last season that played Abbie. 
I might enjoy it more. 

She spoiled it a bit for me too, just couldn't take to her strange look.  Apparently, according to some 'insider' Abby is to be played by someone called Kaitlyn Dever. Never heard of her, but Google shows she looks, to me anyway, a lot more like Abby from the game.

abby.jpg

Dean Winchester
9 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I might enjoy it more. 

I take it you mean Ellie?

37 minutes ago, JKB Member C said:

She spoiled it a bit for me too, just couldn't take to her strange look.  Apparently, according to some 'insider' Abby is to be played by someone called Kaitlyn Dever. Never heard of her, but Google shows she looks, to me anyway, a lot more like Abby from the game.

abby.jpg

She's going to need to go on one hell of a workout plan. She's tiny compared to Abby from the game 

9 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

I might enjoy it more. 

44 minutes ago, JKB Member C said:

abby.jpg

Are yous on About Abby in the game or Ellie in the TV show?

Abby wasn't trans in the game. It was a side character.

The actor that plays Ellie has came out as Non-Binary though. I thought she was quite a good Ellie.

6 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Are yous on About Abby in the game or Ellie in the TV show?

Abby wasn't trans in the game. It was a side character.

The actor that plays Ellie has came out as Non-Binary though. I thought she was quite a good Ellie.

Sorry I think I got my Abbys and Ellies mixed up. The lassie above is supposed to play Abby, though I think she looks a lot more like Ellie from the game.

I thought Bella Ramsey, who played Ellie in the show played a good part, but there was something about the way she looked that put me off her a bit.

• 1 month later...