The Last of Us (tv show)

Nucky Thompson

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Season 2 already confirmed.

To do it right though they'll probably want to let Bella Ramsey grow up a bit.

Ended up liking Abby more in the TLOU2. The way they worked that story is unmatched in a video game. 

edit sorry I meant to quote nucky there

Edited by jack D and coke

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nucky Thompson

• hughesie27

• jack D and coke

• vegas-voss

jack D and coke
10 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

They're already speculating who will be playing Abby in season 2 

Ended up liking Abby more in the TLOU2. The way they worked that story is unmatched in a video game. 

5 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Ended up liking Abby more in the TLOU2. The way they worked that story is unmatched in a video game. 

edit sorry I meant to quote nucky there

:sadrobbo:

Dean Winchester
8 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Season 2 already confirmed.

To do it right though they'll probably want to let Bella Ramsey grow up a bit.

I mean Bella Ramsey is the same age now as Ellie was in the 2nd one. Probably just need to get her a bit training and get rid of the loose clothing by the time season 2 starts shooting.

28 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

The story in the second one is insane, would make amazing TV imo. Hopefully that will be season 2?

I mean it definitely will be but they've already hinted it'd probably only cover part of it as there's far more story so sounds like 2 and 3 at a minimum. How they split that up will be interesting.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

Sure have, played it before the first. Found the first a better game tbh. 

The second was so dark at times it felt little more than a button mash in the pitch black.

I don’t really care for storylines in games. I’m just trying to skip cut scenes to get to the killing. 

I don’t get the fuss about the game or the show. Each to their own I guess. 

I tend to skip cut scenes but not in that. 
I found the first game much more linear with narrower corridors to move down. 
Aye each to their own I suppose. 
Im not getting the fuss with the tv show I’ll say that. It’s all pretty lame so far for me. 

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

They need to get the infected included more. Four episodes in and, other than the clickers in episode 2, they’ve been pretty much MIA.

A bloater appears in the next episode 

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Spoiler

I had a feeling that’s what the thing under the floor was going to be.

Still think we need to see more of the runners and clickers though.

Think someone mentioned it before but thr next episode will be available to watch Friday Night in US. 2am Saturday for us.

On 07/02/2023 at 08:40, Nucky Thompson said:

I thoght he had left his job as leader of the snp down Westminster ? 

Kalamazoo Jambo
8 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Think someone mentioned it before but thr next episode will be available to watch Friday Night in US. 2am Saturday for us.

Yeah, all thanks to the Super Bowl.

For all of you who prefer action type constant shooting games some think the success of this show is going to change gaming. The big game producers will try to copy this formula to then create spin off shows of their own.

It's what always happens across multi media, if a film is a roaring success then they try to repeat that same formula, over and over. The gaming world thinks this formula will go down the same path.

Nucky Thompson
48 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Assume you have had to play the game to appreciate the TV series ? Turn it off after 30 mins and filed as a pile of shite. 

I've played the games, but I reckon I still would've have loved the show if I hadn't.

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Assume you have had to play the game to appreciate the TV series ? Turn it off after 30 mins and filed as a pile of shite. 

My GF hasn't and is enjoying it.

21 minutes ago, Americana said:

Slow burner but im enjoying it.

Wary as **** of this thread for spoilers.

There’s not been any major spoilers posted. Most people have been using the spoiler tab when needed.

jack D and coke

It’s certainly not a fast paced series but ep4 was better. 
Im unsure if I hadn’t played the games whether it would’ve held my attention though. 

2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I've played the games, but I reckon I still would've have loved the show if I hadn't.

2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

My GF hasn't and is enjoying it.

Might give it another bash, not sure zombie types is my thing though. 

10 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Might give it another bash, not sure zombie types is my thing though. 

There is barely any zombies in the show so far. And the story from the games is good in spite of their being zombies.

3 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

There is barely any zombies in the show so far. And the story from the games is good in spite of their being zombies.

Maybe zombie was the wrong word but what would you describe the old woman basically eating her parents I think who lived next door to the young girl in the first episode ? 

Arthur Morgan
13 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Maybe zombie was the wrong word but what would you describe the old woman basically eating her parents I think who lived next door to the young girl in the first episode ? 

They are infected by cordyceps fungi. Technically they aren't dead, and are controlled by it.

17 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

For all of you who prefer action type constant shooting games some think the success of this show is going to change gaming. The big game producers will try to copy this formula to then create spin off shows of their own.

It's what always happens across multi media, if a film is a roaring success then they try to repeat that same formula, over and over. The gaming world thinks this formula will go down the same path.

There have been story driven games forever this is the first TV show/Movie that's been able to do it justice.Naughty Dog are just very good at doing many many many others are not 

42 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

They are infected by cordyceps fungi. Technically they aren't dead, and are controlled by it.

Yeah understand the concept but it was zombie ish behaviour. 

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

I wasn't pulling you up for the use of the word Zombie. My point was that you said the Zombie genre might not be your thing. Which is fair enough. And that in my opinion the story here doesn't really revolve around them unlike say, the Walking Dead, where it's very much about fighting them and trying to control areas to keep them out. The TV show so far has barely had any Zombie scenes.

Edited by hughesie27

Dean Winchester
1 hour ago, Dazo said:

A mushroom would be more apt :lol:

38 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I wasn't pulling you up for the use of the word Zombie. My point was that you said the Zombie genre might not be your thing. Which is fair enough. And that in my opinion the story here doesn't really revolve around them unlike say, the Walking Dead, where it's very much about fighting them and trying to control areas to keep them out. The TV show so far has barely had any Zombie scenes.

Yeah I know hughesie I was correcting myself really for using that word. I was more meaning the way they behaved rather than actual zombies. 👍

Nucky Thompson
2 hours ago, Dazo said:

Eating her parents Dazo?

She was about 90 years old :biggrin2:

J.T.F.Robertson
8 hours ago, jack D and coke said:

It’s certainly not a fast paced series but ep4 was better. 
Im unsure if I hadn’t played the games whether it would’ve held my attention though. 

Not a "gamer" (in more ways than one 😊) but like what I've seen of it so far.

I'm easy pleased though. :(

Never played the game so this is all new to me. Things that bug me:

It’s been 20 years since the 1st outbreak so how come all of their clothes look so new? 

How come their teeth look so healthy? 

Who is making bread for the sandwich?

How is there electricity?

Where are the batteries being made for their torches? The bullets for their guns?

🫣

7 hours ago, Dazo said:

Lol ! That was a creepy scene . Im liking the series as long as it’s very different from “ the walking dead” that dragged on 

57 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

It’s been 20 years since the 1st outbreak so how come all of their clothes look so new? 

Where are the batteries being made for their torches? The bullets for their guns?

🫣

Yes I wondered how they have electricity too ? I always think of those things watching these kind of programmes . The rest of your questions ? Easy , they just raid shops which were all abandoned 

18 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes I wondered how they have electricity too ? I always think of those things watching these kind of programmes . The rest of your questions ? Easy , they just raid shops which were all abandoned 

So how is the bread and food so fresh? And, even without usage, batteries only have a limited life time and would be dud after 20 years! 

There’s even running water, how?

Maybe I’m not cut out for series like this. Lot of nonsense as far as I’m concerned. 🤓

12 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

So how is the bread and food so fresh? And, even without usage, batteries only have a limited life time and would be dud after 20 years! 

There’s even running water, how?

Maybe I’m not cut out for series like this. Lot of nonsense as far as I’m concerned. 🤓

No I’d want to know those answers too ! 

Nucky Thompson
10 hours ago, Swanny17 said:

🫣

How did people clean there teeth before tooth paste?

Man has been growing wheat and baking bread for centuries

A lot of the infrastructure is still intact and I would think that humans would adapt after 20 years

You're looking too much into it :lol:

It's well made.

Well acted.

Maybe they are playing the long game knowing it will get more seasons...

But (as a non-gamer) I'm starting to think it's just going to be overhype.

We are almost half way in the series and it's fine but it's hardly moved.

So far I'd compare it to 4 filler episodes of walking dead. 

I'll stick with it but I suspect it will live off of fanboys of the game. My mates raving about it so far trying to tell me its a social commentary etc. While that may be true of the game I'm not seeing it so far in the TV series.

3 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Has episode 5 aired in the UK yet?

they put it  on demand on sky atlantic due to it airing early in america, the actual air date of it is still tomorrow 

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

they put it  on demand on sky atlantic due to it airing early in america, the actual air date of it is still tomorrow 

Tomorrow night it is then

Cheers

Spoiler

Not only did the ***** make me relive Henry and Sam, they went and made Sam deaf, just to boot you further in the feels :sob:

Good episode though. It was weird seeing Rose from Two and a Half Men, as a baddie.

40 minutes ago, Seats said:

First time I have ever seen a TV programme and thought "that is clearly an end of level boss from the game" 🤣 

(I haven't played the game)

Pretty much. Strongest enemy from the first game.