The Last of Us (tv show)

Nucky Thompson

Thunder and Lightning
18 minutes ago, Dean Winchester said:

Yup been getting review bombed. I suspect the same will happen when we get the DLC flashback episode.

The irony is those 2 episodes will probably be the 2 most likely to win awards :lol:

It'll be getting review bombed because it was a filler episode. While some of the content may be pertinent to filling in back story etc it was hardly gripping. 

It's great that love can flourish in the post apocalyptic world but this episode will have no bearing on how the story develops past how the main characters got a truck. 

The main two from last night are dead and won't be in it going forward. 

Nothing to do with people being gay. 

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nucky Thompson

• hughesie27

• jack D and coke

• vegas-voss

Dean Winchester
2 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

It'll be getting review bombed because it was a filler episode. While some of the content may be pertinent to filling in back story etc it was hardly gripping. 

It's great that love can flourish in the post apocalyptic world but this episode will have no bearing on how the story develops past how the main characters got a truck. 

The main two from last night are dead and won't be in it going forward. 

Nothing to do with people being gay. 

Have you read the reviews? I can understand people not liking a single love story episode and calling it a filler (it's not) but nah most of the reviews I have seen is due to the characters being gay.

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-last-of-us/season-1/episode-3-long-long-time/user-reviews?dist=negative

Edited by Dean Winchester

Thunder and Lightning
1 hour ago, Dean Winchester said:

Have you read the reviews? I can understand people not liking a single love story episode and calling it a filler (it's not) but nah most of the reviews I have seen is due to the characters being gay.

https://www.metacritic.com/tv/the-last-of-us/season-1/episode-3-long-long-time/user-reviews?dist=negative

Well, I'll. Be wrong on that one then. 

2023 and still with this shit? 

Nucky Thompson
1 hour ago, Dean Winchester said:

All the reviews of the episode from industry sources/critics have been overwhelmingly positive.

There's always going to be joe public basing their opinion on their hatred of gays 

1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

All the reviews of the episode from industry sources/critics have been overwhelmingly positive.

There's always going to be joe public basing their opinion on their hatred of gays 

And also any slight deviation from the game and fanboys will be out as well.Some folk are just too precious.The gay hating is abhorrent though I just never get what they are so scared of.

Dennis Reynolds

Good episode to add in depth and even reality that you never get in the game. I enjoy the back story elements. Extremely well done and I'm sure will be the base for other relationships growing!

Knew as soon as this kiss happened that it would get review bombed. Folk seem to think it's a big lefty liberal HBO ploy even though they were always gay... 

Edited by Dennis Reynolds

was watching this on swatchseries.is , its now vanished,

anyone suggest any decent streaming sites, without ads and endless pop ups  ?

Wasnt enjoying that episode at first but yeh, really enjoyed it.

Spoiler

I thought he was going to get hit over the head when he went to play the piano :laugh:

Nucky Thompson
1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

My lad was cringing when two "auld hairy fat blokes" were in bed together :lol:

You should've kicked the other bloke out of bed if your laddie was there :biggrin2:

Thunder and Lightning
1 hour ago, gorgieheart said:

was watching this on swatchseries.is , its now vanished,

anyone suggest any decent streaming sites, without ads and endless pop ups  ?

Cinema HD if you have a firestick, needs sideloaded.

In my opinion a 9 episode season shouldn't have fillers. Episode 3 was uneccesary.

I felt like they could have spent the first half on Bill's back story and the other half on what actually happened on the game ie Joel and Elie exposing Bill's town to the infected and the battle that followed.

Too much of a deviation for me and a waste of an episode.

22 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Good episode to add in depth and even reality that you never get in the game. I enjoy the back story elements. Extremely well done and I'm sure will be the base for other relationships growing!

Knew as soon as this kiss happened that it would get review bombed. Folk seem to think it's a big lefty liberal HBO ploy even though they were always gay... 

I read about it before it aired that they would be fleshing out a character that was only ever talked about in the game so it's not a huge surprise if you were a fan of the game.Folk just love outrage.

2 hours ago, mrmarkus1981_1 said:

Never head of that site before but still works when i try it.

Maybe try accessing from behind a VPN?

Seems to be back up and running  !

Thought it was a cracking episode. Having played through both games, I was hoping to see additional stiff rather than just the game with real life characters. 

5 minutes ago, Do The Dance said:

Thought it was a cracking episode. Having played through both games, I was hoping to see additional stiff rather than just the game with real life characters. 

:oohmatron:

Il be honest , it wasnt until we got to ten years later that I didn't think Frank was going to kill him and take all his belongs 🤣 

14 hours ago, thee jambo said:

After 20 years they still had wine left. 

That's 7300 days.... So do you have a bottle a night or one a week (1042 bottles) its more likely, somewhere in-between. I got that they had the local wine shop and the big supermarket but how many bottles did  they have? 

I guess you raid the neighbors horses as well . So if there are that's several hundred more bottles..

Edited by Bigsmak
Spelling

51 minutes ago, Bigsmak said:

That's 7300 days.... So do you have a bottle a night or one a week (1042 bottles) its more likely, somewhere in-between. I got that they had the local wine shop and the big supermarket but how many bottles did  they have? 

I guess you raid the neighbors horses as well . So if there are that's several hundred more bottles..

Leave the horses alone you deviant.

Arthur Morgan
10 hours ago, Americana said:

Il be honest , it wasnt until we got to ten years later that I didn't think Frank was going to kill him and take all his belongs 🤣 

Same here 😅

Even though I have played the games I completely forgot about Bill 🙈

Edited by Arthur Morgan

Watched episode 3 . It was great . Very positive representation of two gay characters . Terrific acting . Very moving story line .

It was like a gay zombie “ on golden pond “ really 😂!

The actor Murray Bartlett who played the guy who ended up in the wheelchair was also in  “The white lotus “ and he was superb in that too . He won an Emmy for it . The other guy looked familiar but can’t place him . 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

On 01/02/2023 at 15:06, Nucky Thompson said:

You should've kicked the other bloke out of bed if your laddie was there :biggrin2:

Lol that made me laugh 😂 

5 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Watched episode 3 . It was great . Very positive representation of two gay characters . Terrific acting . Very moving story line .

The actor Murray Bartlett who played the guy who ended up in the wheelchair was also in  “The white lotus “ and he was superb in that too . He won an Emmy for it . The other guy looked familiar but can’t place him . 

The other guy is nick offerman and iirc played Ron Swanson in parks and recs

3 hours ago, milky_26 said:

The other guy is nick offerman and iirc played Ron Swanson in parks and recs

Yes read up on him I remember him now in “ meet the millers” he’s an excellent actor . This episode was outstanding . It was like a full length film on its on . Sad that’s it been criticised by some , the Show is about survivors of a pandemic so their story was just as relevant as other characters . I thought it was great how he built his own safe place / town . 

10 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Murray did a decent job in The Chippendales as well.

2 minutes ago, jim747 said:

Murray did a decent job in The Chippendales as well.

Haven’t seen it but it’s good he’s getting the acclaim he deserves now . He was in a good gay themed series called “ looking “ a few years back . Was excellent in that too . 

Nucky Thompson
10 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Have you watched the first 2 episodes or played the game James

1 minute ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Have you watched the first 2 episodes or played the game James

Yes I’ve watched the first two episodes it’s been great . Although but pstd as reminds me of the covid carry on ! Not played any computer games in years lol last one was virtuo tennis on my Xbox which I have since got shot of😎

I just finished watching the first two episodes, had never heard of the game far less played it. Same with GOT, had never heard of the books till the show became big and I didn't watch it till starting to play catch up around season 5 I think. Watched it right through to the end.

HBO are good at this type of thing, they produce quality adaptations of books/games which on the whole usually even get approval from fans of the original source, and that's not an easy thing to do.

The obvious production values of these shows in terms of money being spent is unprecedented in comparison to previous generations of TV producers. I think HBO spent $10 million on a single episode of GOT, obviously vastly more over the entire run.

They can now due to subscription services afford to compete with Hollywood for the best actors and writers, and that's been producing some classic TV for maybe 20 years now. We're in a new golden age of TV, maybe even platinum.  But anyway back on topic.

I like this kind of thing in general when it comes to films and TV, some sort of well thought out and produced apocalypse scenario. Preferably as realistic as possible, large meteorite strike would be realistic for example, but I can forgive straying into dubious territory. As this does with some of the stuff I have seen in the first two episodes. Maybe gamers can elaborate.

I can accept that some sort of fungi could evolve which could survive inside the human body, and kill you. But the other stuff about turning humans into some super fast zombie who just wants to eat you is questionable.

It took millions of years of big cat evolution to make a tiger that way, no fungi is doing it from the get go. If it's just a plot device to take it to zombie apocalypse that's fine, I watched early walking dead and liked it, just wondered if the game version offered any further detail.

What could possibly make a human host so hard to kill? It's supposed to be almost completely controlled by a fungi? 

3 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

I just finished watching the first two episodes, had never heard of the game far less played it. Same with GOT, had never heard of the books till the show became big and I didn't watch it till starting to play catch up around season 5 I think. Watched it right through to the end.

HBO are good at this type of thing, they produce quality adaptations of books/games which on the whole usually even get approval from fans of the original source, and that's not an easy thing to do.

The obvious production values of these shows in terms of money being spent is unprecedented in comparison to previous generations of TV producers. I think HBO spent $10 million on a single episode of GOT, obviously vastly more over the entire run.

They can now due to subscription services afford to compete with Hollywood for the best actors and writers, and that's been producing some classic TV for maybe 20 years now. We're in a new golden age of TV, maybe even platinum.  But anyway back on topic.

I like this kind of thing in general when it comes to films and TV, some sort of well thought out and produced apocalypse scenario. Preferably as realistic as possible, large meteorite strike would be realistic for example, but I can forgive straying into dubious territory. As this does with some of the stuff I have seen in the first two episodes. Maybe gamers can elaborate.

I can accept that some sort of fungi could evolve which could survive inside the human body, and kill you. But the other stuff about turning humans into some super fast zombie who just wants to eat you is questionable.

It took millions of years of big cat evolution to make a tiger that way, no fungi is doing it from the get go. If it's just a plot device to take it to zombie apocalypse that's fine, I watched early walking dead and liked it, just wondered if the game version offered any further detail.

What could possibly make a human host so hard to kill? It's supposed to be almost completely controlled by a fungi? 

Well you sound like such a fun guy!

4 hours ago, JFK-1 said:

Cordyceps are a real thing. 

Watched episode 3 and have to agree this did nothing to advance the plot. If they wanted to show flashbacks it would have been more constructive for the narrative if they had made the flashbacks about Joel or Ellie or both.

Nucky Thompson
5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i wonder if sky will show the next episode early as it is being shown in the USA on saturday due to the superb owl

They show it here on Sky Atlantic at the exact same time as HBO in America.

Episode 4 aired at 2am this morning on Sky Atlantic

I'm guessing episode 5 will get shown here in the early hours of Sunday morning

6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

They show it here on Sky Atlantic at the exact same time as HBO in America.

Episode 4 aired at 2am this morning on Sky Atlantic

I'm guessing episode 5 will get shown here in the early hours of Sunday morning

i meant friday in my post so possibly saturday morning over here

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

Like the video game the tv show is disappointing. 

Have you played the 2nd one? It got stick for being a bit woke (it has a trans character at one point and obviously a gay protagonist in Ellie) but it’s without doubt one of the finest games ever made for me. 

Arthur Morgan
15 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Have you played the 2nd one? It got stick for being a bit woke (it has a trans character at one point and obviously a gay protagonist in Ellie) but it’s without doubt one of the finest games ever made for me. 

The story in the second one is insane, would make amazing TV imo. Hopefully that will be season 2?

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

The story in the second one is insane, would make amazing TV imo. Hopefully that will be season 2?

Aye it’s phenomenal stuff imo. 

Nucky Thompson
12 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

They're already speculating who will be playing Abby in season 2 

18 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Season 2 already confirmed.

To do it right though they'll probably want to let Bella Ramsey grow up a bit.