*** Istanbul Basaksehir v Heart Of Midlothian*** Match Thread 15.30 Kick Off

Masonic

A decent performance, 100% commitment and I’ll be happy. 

Have to say I’ve loved watching Hearts in Europe this season, despite a few pumpings. 

More next year please. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Hearts007

• Naisys Tackle

• Fozzyonthefence

Not going to get too upset about this one either way , they can top the group so going to be a very tough game 

I’ll go 3-1 Istanbul and an away goal for our fans to celebrate  

Be great not to concede in the opening 10-15 mins and give ourselves a chance to get into the game  

No injuries  please  

Either way , Thursday afternoon watching hearts in Europe with a few beers , can think of worse things!!  

HHGH

Think I'll mosey on down to the local saloon and have a few beers and a wee shot of red eye, while watching this one. 🍺🥃🇱🇻

Fozzyonthefence

Glad this is the last game.   Other than the financial benefits to the club and Tartan Army type pish ups for those lucky enough to have gone to the away games it’s been shite, a huge anti climax, although we’re likely to end up with the number of points we expected, albeit some very disappointing performances. 

Don’t care about the result tonight other than avoiding a Rangers / Dundee Utd type cricket score and hopefully, for a change, zero injuries.  Much more interested in Sunday’s game.   

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Scott980612 said:

Not going to get too upset about this one either way , they can top the group so going to be a very tough game 

Yeah I was hoping they’d put out a reserve team but was forgetting topping the group is important as 2nd only goes into a play off.  Think they only need to match Fiorentina’s result (rather than score) so hopefully they will go easy on us. 

I reckon it will be;

Gordon

Natty Sibbick Cochrane Halliday

Kio Smith Cammy

Forrest Shankland McKay

with;

Natty, Shankland, McKay, Cammy and possibly Haliday coming off.

Should see Smith, Neilson, Gino, Henderson and Pollock come on.

Fozzyonthefence
4 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

I reckon it will be;

Gordon

Natty Sibbick Cochrane Halliday

Kio Smith Cammy

Forrest Shankland McKay

with;

Natty, Shankland, McKay, Cammy and possibly Haliday coming off.

Should see Smith, Neilson, Gino, Henderson and Pollock come on.

We can’t go there and play two passengers in Forrest and McKay against a good team.  We’ll get ragdolled again.  We need to start learning from this learning curve and not repeating the same mistakes game after game.

Also, that back 4 is horrendous but we may be struggling to field anything better, other than swap Smith for Atkinson.  I’d probably go with Neilson rather than Cochrane at CB too but it’s a toss up.  I prefer seeing CBs play there than LBs though. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

2 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

We can’t go there and play two passengers in Forrest and McKay against a good team.  We’ll get ragdolled again.  We need to start learning from this learning curve and not repeating the same mistakes game after game.

Forrest is a good winger to play when defending most of the game, played that way for years at livi. And regardless what form McKay is in, he still have more composure than majority of the squad and is needed. Also the fact we need Gino for Sunday and there is nobody else 

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

Forrest is a good winger to play when defending most of the game, played that way for years at livi. And regardless what form McKay is in, he still have more composure than majority of the squad and is needed. Also the fact we need Gino for Sunday and there is nobody else 

Forrest and McKay will barely be involved offensively (probably at all) tonight.  We know what McKay is capable of but he’s usually as good as a man down against decent opposition and I’m far from convinced by Forrest so far.  

We’ve been battered in midfield in every game against Fiorentina and Istanbul so far and need to be more compact in midfield and obviously defend much better.   Anyway, as long as it’s not an embarrassing score line I suppose it doesn’t really matter.

8 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Forrest and McKay will barely be involved offensively (probably at all) tonight.  We know what McKay is capable of but he’s usually as good as a man down against decent opposition and I’m far from convinced by Forrest so far.  

We’ve been battered in midfield in every game against Fiorentina and Istanbul so far and need to be more compact in midfield and obviously defend much better.   Anyway, as long as it’s not an embarrassing score line I suppose it doesn’t really matter.

There sadly just isn’t anyone else you can play except McKay. We need another left sided winger who can cut inside in Jan to either provide cover or push him. If big Humphrys was fit I’d play him but looks like Shankland. I’m happy to sit and watch us try and counter them tonight or hold out for a draw 

Hard to look at this game from a neutral point of view without thinking we're doomed to a severe beating.   

With these type of games, claiming top spot,  Fiorentina and Basaksehir, there could be an upset.   What result that gives us I don't know.   A draw would fantastic, a win would certainly be a shock. 

I backed 2-0 Basaksehir but you never know until the match is over.  Could end a nervous game for the home side. 

All the best to Hearts and the supporters over there.   Let's go out with some noise!  

19 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Hard to look at this game from a neutral point of view without thinking we're doomed to a severe beating.   

With these type of games, claiming top spot,  Fiorentina and Basaksehir, there could be an upset.   What result that gives us I don't know.   A draw would fantastic, a win would certainly be a shock. 

I backed 2-0 Basaksehir but you never know until the match is over.  Could end a nervous game for the home side. 

All the best to Hearts and the supporters over there.   Let's go out with some noise!  

Well said.... I'm ever hopeful we take something from the game. I want the fans out there have a great night whatever happens. 

22 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

The likelihood is that we will be well beaten but nicking a goal is always a wee positive m, in my mind. 

Just now, AndyNic said:

is this your guess for the team?

It’s the team! At least that’s what UEFA have announced!

6 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

14BCA838-B39A-4212-B11A-67A8375CB282.jpeg

It’d take one of those totally unexpected performances like the one with the weakened team vs Celtic when Stewart played in goal , to get any thing here

Henderson up front yowzers

Just now, Barack said:

Oh my ****ing days! :lol:

Even though JF posted the team I had to post the official pic as thought he was at the wind up 🤣

19 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I see we're going against the norm and flying back the Thursday night.

Must be due to the three hour time diff.  Should be able to be back in Edinburgh just after midnight. 

1 minute ago, Hearts007 said:

thought they might have rested Gordon

I've heard he's got a European starts record in his sights and wants the start.

2 minutes ago, escobri said:

20221103_140820.jpg

Gordon 

Smith Sibbick Neilson 

Atkinson                  Cochrane

C.Smith Devlin 

Forrest.                           Grant 

.              Henderson 

🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, Humblerogue said:

Delighted with the team! Hendo hatrrick incoming 

TBH I am too. Gives some of the younger guys a run out in Europe, and it's a free hit so hopefully they play loose and have fun.

The Old Tolbooth

Robbie protecting some of the better players we have left that are not on the treatment table in favour of the league game on Sunday, well done Robbie! 

Absolute Scenes

Henderson to score NAP

in all seriousness, lets not get angry when we do get gubbed, saving our players and avoiding any more injuries is the absolute priority here

Hope they don't leave Henderson abandoned on his own up front with no midfielders anywhere near him to support him.

He has a lot to learn but that could finish him.

Disser Pointon

Lots of people suggested we play the kids in this one and concentrate on the league now........ Then meltdown when we do exactly that, can't win!!!! 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Glad this is the last game.   Other than the financial benefits to the club and Tartan Army type pish ups for those lucky enough to have gone to the away games it’s been shite, a huge anti climax, although we’re likely to end up with the number of points we expected, albeit some very disappointing performances. 

Don’t care about the result tonight other than avoiding a Rangers / Dundee Utd type cricket score and hopefully, for a change, zero injuries.  Much more interested in Sunday’s game.   

Don’t know what more you were expecting to be honest, the cash we get from it and the trips away are exactly what European football is all about. Its also decent experience for the club going forward and got our name out there throughout Europe again.

The only other thing you could have expected I assume is progression, however as 3rd seeds up against 3 sides who are experienced in European football that was never likely.

14 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

Given the shambolic efforts of the OF in Europe, it would be fantastic if we came away with a win.

It's highly improbable but not impossible.

lol, the irony being that a spectacular result like that probably wouldn't knock the scheduled OF filler story off the back page of the Record.