• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Hearts007

• Naisys Tackle

• briever

5 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

What planet was that ref on last night, bad decisions all night, afternoon, gave them everything us nothing,

as for them, fell down at the least tackle, look forward to seeing them going out.

First 5 or so mins alone.

I thought the move that led to the corner they scored from, the boy looked offside to me (telly so duno if our right back was deep, but would be weird if so).

We should have had a foul on edge of box for a pretty blatant foul on Hendo

Their boy should have had at least a yellow for studsy stamp (accidental or not)

As you say, they spent the game diving around and squealing and we hardly got anything from the ref all night.  It was also a foul and at least yellow on Hendo later in the half when he was through on goal.  Defender makes contact with him first before the ball.

We wouldn't have won, but ref/assistant gets those right, we're not a goal down, have a freekick on the edge of their box and they have a player on an early yellow, perhaps even down to 10 men.

Ref was shocking (I know they were also better than us, despite us doing well!)

6 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

Just had a check  Kinsley probs on about 6000 a week .probs the same as broras  full squad were on.your point caller ?

Thanks for pissing on my comfort blanket. But I think you still get my point.

3 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

No sac  no really same scenario

If you press quote in the post you’re replying to, it’ll quote that post and you can write underneath it. 

Edited by GinRummy

22 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Congratulations for stating the bleeding obvious, yet ignoring the fact we played well against a top notch side.

Didn't ignore it. Correct it was the bleeding obvious as you said. It's basic defending 

22 hours ago, chrystaf said:

Not for the first time lately.  Strangely, criminal defending has sadly masked the fact that we have played quite well in games, if that's not too much  of a contradiction.

Correct. It'd just so frustrating the team plays well but gives away silly goals like that. It's basic defending 

1 hour ago, Kev1998 said:

Just had a check  Kinsley probs on about 6000 a week .probs the same as broras  full squad were on.your point caller ?

Pretty bloody obvious isn't it?

If we had won last night some Turkish short term minded arseholes would be wailing and gnashing and demanding their manager, coaches, groundsmen, physios, directors and owner all be punted asap.

A bit like what happened when Brora beat us.

Edited by graygo

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, DH1986 said:

It’s the strikers getting behind him that is the issue…..not me.

Anyone suggesting Tony Sibbick could get a game for either Celtic or Rangers is 100% completely wired to several moons.

He was signed as a CB……the poster in question even supported the fact he was a CB on the back of his appearances for Barnsley.

Now he’s not a CB but a CDM.

Bongo does more flip flops than Havaianas.

I agree,  he might come good but he's  4th or 5th choice  at us for a reason. 

His awareness and positioning are very poor.

He does have some raw attributes,  composure,  athletic,  fast but he also lacks aggression for me.

As soon as Rowles,  Halkett  and/ or Kingsley are back he'll be dropped. 

He's not good enough for us atm, who is saying  he's good enough for the OF?

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, graygo said:

Pretty bloody obvious isn't it?

If we had won last night some Turkish short term minded arseholes would be wailing and gnashing and demanding their manager, coaches, groundsmen, physics, directors and owner all be punted asap.

A bit like what happened when Brora beat us.

Engage the kev lad at your pearl.

2 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

He's not getting near my pearl, I've just cleaned it. 😉

thumbnail_image1.jpg

The Grim Reaper
33 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Just demean and belittle as per usual aye Tosh. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Just demean and belittle as per usual aye tosh

The way ou follow me around this forum gives me a bit fear tbh.

Creepy as  ****.

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, sac said:

Just had a wee check and Bertrand Traore is on £63k a week. Which won’t be too far off what our starting 11 is on. Just for a wee bit perspective.

Only the arse cheeks are allowed to use these sort of comparisons as a reason/excuse for getting beat in Europe. According to the media we are just out of our depth 

The Grim Reaper
51 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

The way ou follow me around this forum gives me a bit fear tbh.

Creepy as  ****.

Grow up mate. 

19 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Only the arse cheeks are allowed to use these sort of comparisons as a reason/excuse for getting beat in Europe. According to the media we are just out of our depth 

Financially out of our depth yes, but our best 11 last night would have gave them a game, that’s why I’m optimistic for next year should we get the opportunity.

On 04/11/2022 at 00:32, DH1986 said:

Sibbick would struggle to get a game for the Rangers or Celtic B teams…..in any position.

This is utter nonsense. He played well again on Thursday. 

14 hours ago, Kev1998 said:

Kingsley didn’t play against Brora and although I get your point, neither did Gordon, Smith and others due to international football. I’m not defending/excusing anyone who took part (or managed the team) in that shocker. We should have easily had enough to beat them but that game should never have been played when it was. The main SFA competition being played during an international break and said SFA pulling rank and taking our goalkeeper away shows the farce that the Covid Cup mk2 was. Michael Smith away with NI forcing a half fit Halkett to play RB as well. 

3 hours ago, Shaggy2 said:

Kingsley didn’t play against Brora and although I get your point, neither did Gordon, Smith and others due to international football. I’m not defending/excusing anyone who took part (or managed the team) in that shocker. We should have easily had enough to beat them but that game should never have been played when it was. The main SFA competition being played during an international break and said SFA pulling rank and taking our goalkeeper away shows the farce that the Covid Cup mk2 was. Michael Smith away with NI forcing a half fit Halkett to play RB as well. 

I was emphasising the wage aspect of sags quote shaggy.the differential of the two ties were approx the same.

7 hours ago, Kev1998 said:

I was emphasising the wage aspect of sags quote shaggy.the differential of the two ties were approx the same.

I agree and I’m not looking for an excuse but most of our big earners were out, a couple for international duty, a reason that should have got the game cancelled. They hadn’t kicked a ball for 10 weeks so I remain livid about that night. 
You might be surprised how much Brora were paying players as well. Mate from there says the owner was chucking it about like confetti for that level. 

On 04/11/2022 at 15:53, Kev1998 said:

What did Kingsley have to do with the Brora result? 

will-i-am-a-jambo
On 04/11/2022 at 09:16, Italian Lambretta said:

He would have left the stadium with a case full of Turkish lira courtesy of Recep Erdogan

This, its the only explanation for that referees performance.

12 hours ago, the posh bit said:

What did Kingsley have to do with the Brora result? 

I chose kingsley at random,if the turkish guy was on that much money compared to the whole hearts team, I stated that the broras squads  cumulative wage wouldn't match one hearts players.a bit of prospective.

5 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

I chose kingsley at random,if the turkish guy was on that much money compared to the whole hearts team, I stated that the broras squads  cumulative wage wouldn't match one hearts players.a bit of prospective.

But surely your point is moot unless it was a player who was actually playing against them that night 

The Grim Reaper
5 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

You don’t have to explain yourself. They 100% understand the point you’re making. 

2 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

You don’t have to explain yourself. They 100% understand the point you’re making. 

The obvious choice would have been Berra or may be Walker

36 minutes ago, Kev1998 said:

Why can't you just admit that you made a bit of an arse of that comparison by choosing a player that wasn't even in the match squad 😁

3 hours ago, Sooks said:

The obvious choice would have been Berra or may be Walker

Walker would have been a better comparison, in my humble opinion. We were a Championship side at the time with Championship-level players on the field of play that night. None more so than Walker. 

Obviously I'm not taking anything away from the terrible result which a section of our support will seemingly never, ever, ever recover from, bless 'em. 😇

1 minute ago, the posh bit said:

Walker would have been a better comparison, in my humble opinion. We were a Championship side at the time with Championship-level players on the field of play that night. None more so than Walker. 

Obviously I'm not taking anything away from the terrible result which a section of our support will seemingly never, ever, ever recover from, bless 'em. 😇

Weirdly though a few of the players that put in that terrible performance are still fondly remembered 

Just now, Sooks said:

Weirdly though a few of the players that put in that terrible performance are still fondly remembered 

Ken, that's the 'Bob-haters' for you though 😁