• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Hearts007

• Naisys Tackle

• Fozzyonthefence

9 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

In theory, thems the rules, but never (as far as I'm aware) been enforced. You see it all the time with EPL clubs whether it be their League cup matches, or 'lower level' Euro ties.

Must drive paying fans bonkers!

I think it might depend on the significance of the game. I remember back in 90s. Rangers had already won the league and played a reserve team against Partick Thistle. Thistle we’re still in a relegation battle and won the game 3-0. The result went a long way in ensuring they stayed up.

Rangers were later fined for deliberately fielding an under strength team.

Captain Sausage

Robbie would be crazy to risk key players on Thursday. 

I’d go:

Clark

M Smith

Sibbick

Neilson

Halliday

CSmith

Pollock

McGill

Ginnelly

Henderson

Humphys

Brings the curtain down on a fantastic European adventure.

This is going to be a difficult game for us.

Im thinking the best way forward would be for us to " park the bus early doors".

If we can contain them for the first 20 mins it gives us the opportunity to bed in and nick a goal. Theyve got some top top players and with our present injury crisis things look bleak.

Never been to Istanbul but enjoyed time in Athens and some of the country's islands, Skiathos being my favourite ! 

11 hours ago, liam11 said:

Imagine Zander Clark will get a run out.

There’s money on offer, but I just don’t want us risking anyone.

Won't be in Europe. Craig Gordon is determined to get our European appearance record.

Thought ZC may have got his debut b

Vs County. Doubt CG will be dropped now before the world cup break 

Absolute Scenes

i couldnt care less about this game. Seriously. Our attention must turn to league and cup. Put the kids out and let them get spanked, i could not give a toss - i do not want any more injuries

Churchill Barrier
55 minutes ago, thewiseone said:

Brings the curtain down on a fantastic European adventure.

This is going to be a difficult game for us.

Im thinking the best way forward would be for us to " park the bus early doors".

If we can contain them for the first 20 mins it gives us the opportunity to bed in and nick a goal. Theyve got some top top players and with our present injury crisis things look bleak.

Never been to Istanbul but enjoyed time in Athens and some of the country's islands, Skiathos being my favourite ! 

That's the tactics we employ in glasgow. When was last time it worked?

Play younger players, bit experience. 

8 minutes ago, Churchill Barrier said:

That's the tactics we employ in glasgow. When was last time it worked?

Play younger players, bit experience. 

Didn't you see yesterday's pre-Ross Co post from the self-proclaimed 'Wise One'?

Same tactical advice and identical comment about them having some top, top players.

Just depends on whether or not Neilson thinks we can win and therefore grab another €500k.  I suspect he'll think we can win.  But does he think we need Gordon,  McKay,  Ginnelly,  Shankland,  Forrest,  Halliday?

I think we shouldn't have Gordon,  McKay and Shankland even travel.

1 hour ago, Absolute Scenes said:

i couldnt care less about this game. Seriously. Our attention must turn to league and cup. Put the kids out and let them get spanked, i could not give a toss - i do not want any more injuries

Can only play the players that are registered in the competition so playing a team full of kids isn't going to happen. Robbie has already said he will play the strongest team available to him. You have to show some respect to the 900 or so who are travelling over there as well, to just lie down and get a doing is pretty disrespectful to them. It might be good to get some minutes into players, potentially Halkett getting a run out second half would be a massive boost ahead of Motherwell if he's ready. To get him and Rowles back for next week will give us a massive lift. 

56 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Just depends on whether or not Neilson thinks we can win and therefore grab another €500k.  I suspect he'll think we can win.  But does he think we need Gordon,  McKay,  Ginnelly,  Shankland,  Forrest,  Halliday?

Heres the problem though. We’ve named a squad of 25 . 3 are goalkeepers and 8-10 of the outfield players are injured. Aside from using a bunch of kids from the B list, our team more or less picks itself. Apparently 3 players who played yesterday were also injured and would not have played had we had more to choose from.

Churchill Barrier
2 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

Didn't you see yesterday's pre-Ross Co post from the self-proclaimed 'Wise One'?

Same tactical advice and identical comment about them having some top, top players.

Missed that. Will look out for future like comments

RustyRightPeg
2 hours ago, Victorian said:

The annoying thing is they need to win so they more than likely won’t be resting anyone. If we rest anymore than we need to, then it could be a horsing. 

Thought Police

I think Gordon will play to equal the record, but I'd go with:

Clark

M Smith

Sibbick

Neilson

Cochrane

Forrest

C Smith

Grant

Kio

Ginnelly

Henderson

Going to get pumped regardless. Shankland, McKay and Halliday need a rest, and I wouldn't rush anyone back.

the Motherwell game should not take priority over this game we are so early in the season there is no need whatsoever to lay down in Turkey

so much time is left of the season and the breaks almost apon us, at xmas time most of the squad will be off the injury table as well and we will still take 3rd regardless of the Motherwell result

With the teams locked at 1-1 Robbie Neilson does it again, sprints down the pitch and scores Hearts' second.

Unfortunately the ref has already blown for full time however,because of that,Robbie escapes a red card..

And so endeth our European campaign, with Robbie accepting the acclaim for the jubilant travelling support.

4 hours ago, Thought Police said:

I think Gordon will play to equal the record, but I'd go with:

Clark

M Smith

Sibbick

Neilson

Cochrane

Forrest

C Smith

Grant

Kio

Ginnelly

Henderson

Going to get pumped regardless. Shankland, McKay and Halliday need a rest, and I wouldn't rush anyone back.

Yes and I'd take Grant off and give Pollock the last half hour.

Pasquale for King
5 hours ago, Churchill Barrier said:

Missed that. Will look out for future like comments

He was being sarcastic and mocking Neilson for always bigging up the opposition. 

This game is just a massive inconvenience. No further progression in Europe, unlikely to garner any prize money, risk of injury and players could do with the rest. Its just kind of in the way..

I'd be tempted to chuck it as well. Only thing is that you do that and there is a high risk of being humiliated. Maybe just set up hyper, hyper defensively, 2 banks of 5 and see if we can just grind out a draw by playing proper anti football -  The sort of way of playing that makes a passionate European cry :D , It would be a good confidence booster if we could keep a clean sheet against such good opposition. Even if that is by playing 11 men behind the ball for 90 minutes. 

Humphrys                 

Hendo                                   Gino       

Grant         Devlin 

Kio 

Halliday Cochrane Sibbick M.Smith 

Clark 

Nothing to lose here, just need to go for it. 

43 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

They’re are playing tonight 

Just finished. 3-1 win against Giresunspor, puts them back into 2nd behind Fenerbache.

1 hour ago, jambocub said:

Does anyone know the reason for the 3:30 ko

I thought it was to do with the time difference - (Turkey don’t change their clocks + or - an hour) so I assumed kick off would be 5:30pm UK time - however the BBC website is showing 3:30pm - not sure if they’ve made a mistake and printed the kick off time in Turkey rather than here. 

12 minutes ago, Heart&soul said:

I thought it was to do with the time difference - (Turkey don’t change their clocks + or - an hour) so I assumed kick off would be 5:30pm UK time - however the BBC website is showing 3:30pm - not sure if they’ve made a mistake and printed the kick off time in Turkey rather than here. 

3:30 uk time = 5:30 Turkish time

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

🤦🏻‍♂️ Off course - it’s been a long day. I agreed to take an extra shift at work for Thursday thinking I had until 5:30, 😩 what an arse.

1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Humphrys                 

Hendo                                   Gino       

Grant         Devlin 

Kio 

Halliday Cochrane Sibbick M.Smith 

Clark 

Nothing to lose here, just need to go for it. 

Henderson better be nowhere near the team! 

9 minutes ago, Heart&soul said:

🤦🏻‍♂️ Off course - it’s been a long day. I agreed to take an extra shift at work for Thursday thinking I had until 5:30, 😩 what an arse.

Oops. 🥸

Put up a respectable display, no rash challenges, and don’t talk smack to them and they’ll likely let up in the second half after a goal or three.

It will be interesting to see what kind of team the turks put out, would imagine they will probably not risk their best 11 either as they are in a title race and probably feel that they can beat us with their reserves comfortably.

Pasquale for King
On 30/10/2022 at 22:00, Jambo-Fox said:

This is our squad for the Conference 

332DFC6C-6565-4A9B-874F-3C255E585F14.jpeg

32CFE578-13C8-4843-9FE9-8C744E6CF055.jpeg

C4C5EE0A-C419-446C-9D06-F004196DDDBB.jpeg

3C681FEC-6026-41A0-A937-FFC61E3FD316.jpeg

You cut out Luke Rathie, 17yo defender. 

7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You cut out Luke Rathie, 17yo defender. 

So I did, unintentionally! Apologies to anyone who I’ve upset!

Lets give him his own feature here ..

F7FFAF3F-EF61-48AF-977A-4F031CFF16F3.jpeg

FC7B0E48-A3C3-4865-8481-3DF98B37AB19.jpeg

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Jambo-Fox said:

So I did, unintentionally! Apologies to anyone who I’ve upset!

Lets give him his own feature here ..

F7FFAF3F-EF61-48AF-977A-4F031CFF16F3.jpeg

FC7B0E48-A3C3-4865-8481-3DF98B37AB19.jpeg

Had to look as it was 29 players 😆. Never heard of him but who knows most of them should actually make the bench on Thursday.

ℹ️ Istanbul stadium access update:

Following discussions, we have this evening received confirmation from Istanbul that supporters can make their own way to the stadium for Thursday's match.

🚌 Free buses will still be available to supporters who wish to use them.

More: https://bit.ly/3sTI91q

willie wallace
3 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

It will be interesting to see what kind of team the turks put out, would imagine they will probably not risk their best 11 either as they are in a title race and probably feel that they can beat us with their reserves comfortably.

Remember only the group winner goes directly into the next round 

The second place team has a play off against a 3rd place team from the Europa league.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
29 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

The second place team has a play off against a 3rd place team from the Europa league.

They only need to win by one, they are ahead on aggregate 

willie wallace
8 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

They only need to win by one, they are ahead on aggregate.

10 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Yea,  but after we get a sneaky draw 😊 against a suggested weakened side they will be in trouble as I can't see Fiorentina slipping up against Riga again.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
24 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

Yea,  but after we get a sneaky draw 😊 against a suggested weakened side they will be in trouble as I can't see Fiorentina slipping up against Riga again.

I love and admire optimism. After a long 2 months perhaps they will not be stepping down on the pedal, any straw must be clutched 

Bazzas right boot

Humped. 

Hopefully we at least get a goal for the away fans to celebrate.

I'd take -3 and no ****ing Injuries.

1 hour ago, willie wallace said:

Understand what you say BUT …

the group winner goes into the next again round and the runner up goes into the next round ….

willie wallace
13 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Understand what you say BUT …

the group winner goes into the next again round and the runner up goes into the next round ….

Ok, I will give you that one,😩

Last match of the campaign , no real pressure , we can play with a fair amount of freedom . Only danger would be a morale sapping heavy defeat , but I think we will have more about us than that this time . They are a top side though so there is no guarantee they will not score a few against our make shift defence . Games like this against players like those can teach our own players so much , and they can then take that experience in to matches against players of a far lesser quality and find that they are better players than they thought they were 

Just noticed that this is on at 3:30pm which means I can't watch it due to work 😕 

It will be really difficult to get any sort of result but a draw would be an incredible outcome if we could manage it. Taking at least a point from a team ranked above us would give us a boost and you'd have to call it a respectable "first" European campaign if that happened.

Edited by Jambos_1874