• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Hearts007

• Naisys Tackle

• briever

9 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

I'm watching the game from behind the couch!!!

This will depend on the starting elevens. Do Istanbul care if they are first or second in the group or are they focusing on the Turkish League title? Will any of our injured players be back/risked?

Thought Police
7 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

This will depend on the starting elevens. Do Istanbul care if they are first or second in the group or are they focusing on the Turkish League title? Will any of our injured players be back/risked?

I believe that finishing second means you have to play an extra knock out tie.

9 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Think their second 11 will still be decent

Going to be a really tough 90 minutes.

Think we'll be playing it "cagey". 

Theyve got some good physical players as saw a few weeks ago however if we keep to the system Robbie employs Im sure 3 points can be achieved.

Losing a goal early doors will not be beneficial so keeping the door closed will be a priority.

As with any match it can go three ways.

Its all about goals and goals change games.

That being said I feel a draw and further progression will be a good result however the most likely outcome for me is a Hearts loss and our European adventure coming to an end . What a journey its been but its an amazing city win , lise or draw , im just going to enjoy my time here. 

The Old Tolbooth

I'm calling it now, Basaksehir are a tinpot little outfit who last season played in front of an average of 980 fans at home who were rattling about in a 17k all seated stadium, this season they're averaging a whopping 2k fans per game, and with what I've seen of them and Fiorientina, the Italians to me were clearly the better side (the 3-0 loss in Istanbul flattered the Turks big time!). 

We were more in the game at home to the Turks until the red card than we ever were against Fiorientina, and I genuinely think that if we show some balls for once abroad, then we can shock them and nick a result, you only need to look at how St Johnstone done away to Galatasaray only last year to see that it can be done, and the fermers have a much smaller budget than us! 

Let's do this and get some cash in the bank! 

1 hour ago, Thought Police said:

I believe that finishing second means you have to play an extra knock out tie.

Yep. They will be wanting to win the group to avoid a match v a third place Europa League team 

44 minutes ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

I'm calling it now, Basaksehir are a tinpot little outfit who last season played in front of an average of 980 fans at home who were rattling about in a 17k all seated stadium, this season they're averaging a whopping 2k fans per game, and with what I've seen of them and Fiorientina, the Italians to me were clearly the better side (the 3-0 loss in Istanbul flattered the Turks big time!). 

We were more in the game at home to the Turks until the red card than we ever were against Fiorientina, and I genuinely think that if we show some balls for once abroad, then we can shock them and nick a result, you only need to look at how St Johnstone done away to Galatasaray only last year to see that it can be done, and the fermers have a much smaller budget than us! 

I think looking at the home game and our results against Fiorentina they will under estimate us. They are clearly big favourites however if we can put in a performance that we have showed we are capable of at times this season you never know. It’s not going to be an intimidating environment to play in by any means and the pressure is off.

I would give us a better chance of nicking something than I would of us going to Parkhead/Ibrox. Need a lot to go our way but not impossible.

Hopefully see some minutes for those returning from injury ahead of 3 crucial league games before the break.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

They are one of the 2 best teams in Turkey. Yes their crowds are crap but they are backed by Erdoğan so have loads of money and some brilliant players

The Old Tolbooth
18 minutes ago, XB52 said:

They are one of the 2 best teams in Turkey. Yes their crowds are crap but they are backed by Erdoğan so have loads of money and some brilliant players

Yeah I know that mate, but what they don't have is the crowd behind them, we'll probably have more fans there than they will have and we have no reason to feel intimidated, I'd be a lot more confident with a few players back right enough. 

Thought Police
2 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Who was sent off against Istanbul at home?

2 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Nah, 

Istanbul were a class above and absolutely dominated us. Also we didn't get anyone sent off against them .

Ricardo Quaresma

We stood off them at home and gave them 4 keystone cops goals

However, they are very good at keeping the ball and if we invite them into our final 3rd, they will attack well

I just don't want any more injuries and would rather lose, say, 2-0 or 3-1 than get any points and acquire injuries

2 hours ago, AndyNic said:

Istanbul manager says they're 'not going to take it easy' against us tomorrow.

Oh goody!

Hope fully that sort of condescending shite fires the players up a wee bit 

Malinga the Swinga

Grab an early goal and you never know. Hopefully we won't lose an early goal and will keep it reasonably tight in first half.

I know they should win, I saw first game and they battered us, but I still hope we get something from game.

I'd bite your hand off for a dull 0-0.

Fully expecting a trousering, although depends how serious Istanbul take the game.

With the mickey mouse kick off time I'll need to listen into it while at work.

Odd gripe, but the photo they use on the BT Sport Goals Show to promote Hearts games with Shankland annoys me. Could’ve got a better picture, boy looks like he’s never seen a football before and it’s freaking him out. Random thought, I know.

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I see we're going against the norm and flying back the Thursday night.

Not a bad idea seeing as the game finishes as 5:15pm our time. Players could be tucked up in their own beds before midnight.

Given the shambolic efforts of the OF in Europe, it would be fantastic if we came away with a win.

It's highly improbable but not impossible.

5 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

That should make a good difference for the players with Friday being a proper recovery day. The extra day back in Scotland will go beneficial for the players both mentally and physically.

Naisys Tackle
1 hour ago, Kiwidoug said:

Given the shambolic efforts of the OF in Europe, it would be fantastic if we came away with a win.

It's highly improbable but not impossible.

You may have missed most our efforts.  A draw would be fantastic. 

Going to be a tough game, just hope we have a go and get into their faces.

Can't expect to take anything, they're second in their league and packed with top quality players, but if we show the same kind of fight as we did against Celtic we'll be in the game much more than we were first time around.

Were getting pumped dry unfortunately.

Hopefully Hendo and C Smith get a run out, forget it quick and lift ourselves to beat motherwell on the weekend in a much more important game.

Portable Badger
5 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Whys the game being played so early? 

It’s a 1730 KO but they’re 2 hours ahead I believe 

Robbie was still in the 2 man midfield madness against quality the last time we played them .

I think  we will be much more compact this time. 

We need to be get off to a decent start as we've been losing early goals against quality outfits all to often..

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I think Gordon would deck Robbie if he wasn’t picked.

Other than that Robbie has suggested a few changes with an eye on our upcoming league games.

Ricardo Quaresma
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I think Gordon would deck Robbie if he wasn’t picked.

Other than that Robbie has suggested a few changes with an eye on our upcoming league games.

I don't think there's a problem there; I think it's Craig's choice if he wants to play, really

He wouldn't pull the jersey on if he thought he was in some way compromised, physically or otherwise

Obviously I’d be buzzing if we took something & ended things on a high but in the grand scheme we really need to be beating Motherwell at the weekend, so if we need to rest some boys for that we should be doing it

I get the feeling this virtual B team have wind in their sails now and will give it a real go.  Should be a comfortable win to the home side but you just never know.

4 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I get the feeling this virtual B team have wind in their sails now and will give it a real go.  Should be a comfortable win to the home side but you just never know.

Excellent poem and I agree 

11 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Odd gripe, but the photo they use on the BT Sport Goals Show to promote Hearts games with Shankland annoys me. Could’ve got a better picture, boy looks like he’s never seen a football before and it’s freaking him out. Random thought, I know.

Every time I see that pic I thought the same. Not a good photo 

1 hour ago, Portable Badger said:

It’s a 1730 KO but they’re 2 hours ahead I believe 

Definitely a 15.30 kick off, presumably to avoid a Turkish TV clash with Trabzsonspor’s home Europa League game at 17.45.

22 hours ago, XB52 said:

Their small crowds are due to two main factors.  Eight Super League teams in Istanbul and the fact they are owned by Erdogan. 

1 hour ago, Flankengott said:

Definitely a 15.30 kick off, presumably to avoid a Turkish TV clash with Trabzsonspor’s home Europa League game at 17.45.

Then Fenerbahce game at 8. 

15 hours ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Good as I was surprised to see them go through Pisa airport on the Friday lunch time after the fiorentina game .I just assumed they would return to Edinburgh right after game with playing Celtic on the Sunday . Can only think it must have been airport closures in the middle of the night that stopped them return earlier