***Official Ross County vs Heart of Midlothian match thread***

Locky

44 minutes ago, maltese jambo said:

Hope we've been working on our corner kick routines after what I saw on Thursday !

There's a whole thread about this. It persuaded me that the short corners on Thursday were justified when playing a team of giants. Have a look.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

• neilnunb

• Morgan

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Glass half full for today.

I feat the worst for today. I think they will try and batter our centre halves. It will be a horrible physical game and if we win it will be a hard earned win. 

The injuries are not only hindering our starting 11 but also our bench. Not many options from the bench but hoping that any youngsters take the chance they are given. 

We need to defend from the front to protect them as they will rightly hope to benefit from CB saga.

Really need Mckay and Forrest to turn up if selected.

Can see Devlin and Snodgrass staring if available.

48 minutes ago, Class of 75 said:

We are Heart of Midlothian we should be beating a team like Ross County convincingly with or without the injuries.

By that logic, I assume that when we play the ugly sisters you post that we should lose convincingly. 

8 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

There's a whole thread about this. It persuaded me that the short corners on Thursday were justified when playing a team of giants. Have a look.

Corner kicks are massively overrated in terms of scoring goals (think it’s 1 in 50) lead direct. 

It’s the second ball that seems to cause the most damage and I suppose that’s what the short corner tries to copy. But ours seems to end up going backwards so need some work. 

21 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Said exactly this at the game. Didn’t come of for us but glad we were trying something different. 

24 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Can’t even remember who is all fit in order to put a line up together.

Providing all available, would like to see

Gordon

Smith Sibbick Neilson Cochrane

Haring    Devlin

Gino         Grant        McKay

Shankland

Think Haring will come back in as should be pretty fresh. Time for Grant to step up and prove his worth.

Sibbick and and Gino deserve a start after thursday.

Snodgrass will start 

....................Gordon

.....................Sibbick

Ginnelly Kio Devlin Halliday Cochrane

....Forrest........Grant...... McKay

.................. Shankland 

I think Toby showed he can handle this innovative 1-5-3-1 formation given his display on Thursday.

Going to be a really difficult game.

Another potential learning curve for our Robbie. Think we'll.need to hit the ground running as they have some top top players.

Think we need to employ a system which effectively parks the bus and turns their usual enthusiastic supporters against their own team.

The system we employ is going to be the key as well as the performance of that tosser Collum. 

Gordon

Kio Halliday  

Ginnelly Snodgrass McKay 

Shankland 

Thats about the best we can muster today with the players available. Should still have enough to score a couple at least. Just need to pray Sibbick carries on his form from Thursday. 

From what I remember, the last game up there came across as a training game for us.  I don’t mean it was easy, I mean our attitude towards it.  

Different scenario back then though as we coasted to 3rd.   We need to be intense today and be that away team who comes out and surprises the home side.  

A bit like the way they came at us in the season opener. 

Just showed the team new on sky, our injuries,  they needed an extra line to list the walking wounded, these games ahead of the world cup break are going to be totally hit and miss.

1 minute ago, Macros said:

Gordon

Smith   Sibbick   Neilson   Cochrane

Devlin   Haring

Ginnelly   Grant   Snodgrass

Shankland

Are Devlin and Haring fit?

1 hour ago, thewiseone said:

Another potential learning curve for our Robbie. Think we'll.need to hit the ground running as they have some top top players.

Think we need to employ a system which effectively parks the bus and turns their usual enthusiastic supporters against their own team.

The system we employ is going to be the key as well as the performance of that tosser Collum. 

Are we playing Real Madrid today?

1 hour ago, HoGwash said:

By that logic, I assume that when we play the ugly sisters you post that we should lose convincingly. 

Not at all I just want to see Hearts win and get back up the table

Only just having a quick scan of tgis thread, I assume this is sarcasm?

Or are we on about Ross County here?

highlandjambo3
1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Anyone confirm if tickets are available to buy at gate? 

I know someone who has two spare …. Pm your Mobil and I’ll pass it onto him

31 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Any streams for today?  My hesgoals is not the best.

Fairly certain that is the only one unfortunately. 

VagabondJambo

I really want to see Clark in goals.  He is a top keeper.  His presence will hopefully lead to us stopping all this faffing about at the back with goal kicks, and hopefully some goalkeeper clearances that finally reach a Hearts player!

(Declaration:  I am a huge Gordon fan, and rate him the best shot-stopper in Scotland)

Nelly Terraces

By any chance is the game on Hearts TV today lads?

Asking for a friend (who may have an application that allows him to view such fixtures😁)

Cheers! PS, 3-2 for us today methinks.

Edited by Nelly Terraces

Collum's at Livi

47 minutes ago, jambo-in-furness said:

Any streams for today?  My hesgoals is not the best.

I looked at the Ross County PPV site and they have closed it down, which surprises me as they're allowed to broadcast six games now. I doubt that Hesgoal will be able to stream it if nobody's broadcasting it.

5 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

I looked at the Ross County PPV site and they have closed it down, which surprises me as they're allowed to broadcast six games now. I doubt that Hesgoal will be able to stream it if nobody's broadcasting it.

They sometimes have a stream with no commentary.

12 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

By any chance is the game on Hearts TV today lads?

Asking for a friend (who may have an application that allows him to view such fixtures😁)

Cheers! PS, 3-2 for us today methinks.

Live video for overseas subscribers 😉

8 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

They sometimes have a stream with no commentary.

Righto, maybe somebody will put it up on Hesgoal 🤞or somebody abroad with hearts TV might put it up.

coatbridgejambo
2 hours ago, Martin_T said:

....................Gordon

.....................Sibbick

Ginnelly Kio Devlin Halliday Cochrane

....Forrest........Grant...... McKay

.................. Shankland 

I think Toby showed he can handle this innovative 1-5-3-1 formation given his display on Thursday.

Attacking line up if nothing else. I like it

👍

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Bauld said:

Are we playing Real Madrid today?

1 hour ago, 151 said:

Only just having a quick scan of tgis thread, I assume this is sarcasm?

Or are we on about Ross County here?

Mocking our managers words I believe  😆

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Righto, maybe somebody will put it up on Hesgoal 🤞or somebody abroad with hearts TV might put it up.

It might come up nearer the time 

2 hours ago, DS98 said:

Gordon

Kio Halliday  

Ginnelly Snodgrass McKay 

Shankland 

Thats about the best we can muster today with the players available. Should still have enough to score a couple at least. Just need to pray Sibbick carries on his form from Thursday. 

Good side.   I've backed 1-3, Sibbick anytime win, Sibbick 1-3, Forrest 1-3.    Just need to out score them, take the chances.   

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Are Devlin and Haring fit?

No idea, just my preferred starting 11 for today, just seen the line-up so obviously they're out, would rather have Neilson starting but hopefully we get the points

Edited by Macros
Updated

Gordon

Smith Sibbick Cochrane Halliday 

Kio 

Ginnelly Snodgrass Smith McKay

Shankland 

not bad