***Official Ross County vs Heart of Midlothian match thread***

Locky

2 hours ago, CMc said:

I’m a massive fan of Smith. I think highlighting how often he plays through injury for us is really important. Even though he’s not 100% he never hides and always looks for responsibility. He misplaced a few passes (I wondered if the turf was a bit sticky first half. A few of the wee lay off passes from different players died way short of their man. I noticed we gave it a massive water at half time). He still offered the most consistent out ball all game and got up and down his wing and was communicating with everybody. Lots of important headers, tackles, blocks and checks. Might not have been his best game with the ball, but he contributed. 

He will be an important voice over the next few games. 

I'm with you. People who think he's past it have no appreciation of how any team needs a blend of youth and experience. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

• neilnunb

• Morgan

Horatio Caine
2 hours ago, CMc said:

I’m a massive fan of Smith. I think highlighting how often he plays through injury for us is really important. Even though he’s not 100% he never hides and always looks for responsibility. He misplaced a few passes (I wondered if the turf was a bit sticky first half. A few of the wee lay off passes from different players died way short of their man. I noticed we gave it a massive water at half time). He still offered the most consistent out ball all game and got up and down his wing and was communicating with everybody. Lots of important headers, tackles, blocks and checks. Might not have been his best game with the ball, but he contributed. 

He will be an important voice over the next few games. 

Michael Smith has been one of our best signings over the past few years.  He's been consistently excellent during his time with us.  Sure, he's that bit older now and a bit more injury prone, but we should never under estimate the value he has been since signing.  And he clearly loves Hearts and loves Edinburgh.

portobellojambo1

Be good to pick up three points tomorrow, as we approach the month long break for the World Cup. If we can take 9 points minimum from tomorrow's game, the 2 home fixtures versus Motherwell and Livingston and the visit to Ibrox, it will set us up nicely for the break and return of the injured players when we get back to business on 17 December.

Edited by portobellojambo1

5 hours ago, 22games nro said:

Normally you can get the game on hesgoals 👍

Hopefully. They might have one of these automatic ball-following cameras that follow the baldy ref's head. If they do live broadcast for supporters abroad but if they had that I would assume they would put it out to away fans.

All roads lead to Gorgie

I hope the train strike doesn't affect the away support too much, a noisy support could be needed to get the extra effort from the players required to bring the much needed three points back down the A9.

Land of the giants up there are we just can’t defend crosses into our box…..🙈

1 hour ago, Horatio Caine said:

Michael Smith has been one of our best signings over the past few years.  He's been consistently excellent during his time with us.  Sure, he's that bit older now and a bit more injury prone, but we should never under estimate the value he has been since signing.  And he clearly loves Hearts and loves Edinburgh.

He has been a fantastic servant to the club 👍

4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

It's up to the home club when they decide to do it. As part of the new Sky deal, they get a few games each season where they can do this. 

Ach well more money for just eat, their loss, 

portobellojambo1

HMFC have confirmed on their FB page that pay at the gate is available at for Hearts fans (not sure if by that they mean jusy pay cash as you enter the ground or if it really means you will have to buy a ticket at the wee sort of portacabin thingummy on the lead up to the ground, but pay at the gate would suggest the former).

Edited by portobellojambo1

A huge improvement last 2 games. Is this a false dawn or is Neilson finally learning to let the players play to their strengths. For example get Gino playing as a winger, get the balls in early for Shankland. 

3 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

A huge improvement last 2 games. Is this a false dawn or is Neilson finally learning to let the players play to their strengths. For example get Gino playing as a winger, get the balls in early for Shankland. 

Played decent at Aberdeen too IMO and the key misses by Cochrane and Shankland masked a good performance in the circumstances.

4 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Be good to pick up three points tomorrow, as we approach the month long break for the World Cup. If we can take 9 points minimum from tomorrow's game, the 2 home fixtures versus Motherwell and Livingston and the visit to Ibrox, it will set us up nicely for the break and return of the injured players when we get back to business on 17 December.

Settle for a draw. 

Hopeful of a win but honestly just can’t see how we take 3 points in this one. I’ve been critical of Robbie/Joe for the lack of depth at centre half but we now have long term injuries in every position. Could really do with some good luck tomorrow, we’re definitely due it.

9 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Hopeful of a win but honestly just can’t see how we take 3 points in this one. I’ve been critical of Robbie/Joe for the lack of depth at centre half but we now have long term injuries in every position. Could really do with some good luck tomorrow, we’re definitely due it.

10 first team players injured!

Massive game tomorrow.

Performances have picked up over the last 3 games (I include Pittodrie in that as we actually played pretty well and if it wasn’t for absolutely mind blowing misses, I think we would have at least got a point).

I count there have already been SIX different teams in 3rd place this season 🤯 

Despite all our injuries and our absolutely horrendous fixture schedule, we are only 6 points off 3rd, with 2 games in hand. And yes, I am aware we are only 5 off bottom! But I guess that just shows how tight the league is, outwith the OF.

We need to finish this week on a high. We haven’t fared that well at Dingwall in recent seasons but this is absolutely a game we can and should be winning.

One final foray on the continent on Thursday for this season and then, two home matches on the bounce against non old firm teams (our last such home match being in August v St Johnstone 😳).

With some of our key players nearing a return, coupled with having much longer in between matches after we exit Europe, I really believe we will start motoring up the table. 

3 points tomorrow please lads x 

1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Any word on tickets at the gate yet? 

I've read something today somewhere saying a cash gate is in operation.

Settle for a tedious boring draw.

Very important game,  win and we are in a decent position going into November  lose and we could be in trouble and looking over our shoulders. 

Edited by ramrod

Just now, pointon said:

No more excuses from Robbie and his shills on this forum 

We've got 11 first team players on the treatment table ffs , there are definitely mitigating circumstances if we lose this , I'm actually struggling to pick a team for this tbh so **** knows what our bench will look like .

1 minute ago, tokyowalnut said:

😄 can you not just enjoy your Saturday night!

I will prefer my Sunday when we finally win a league fixture 

Just now, ramrod said:

We've got 11 first team players on the treatment table ffs , there are definitely mitigating circumstances if we lose this , I'm actually struggling to pick a team for this tbh so **** knows what our bench will look like .

If we can’t beat Ross County we’re do think are next win is coming?

Just now, pointon said:

I'm not sure tbh, things are that bad atm injury wise .

Motherwell and Livvy at home are going to be tough if we still have the same amount of players out .

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Scott Leitch said:

🤣🤣🤣

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, pointon said:

Home game's v Motherwell and livi.

We'll win both with goals to spare.

Bazzas right boot
13 minutes ago, pointon said:

We drew there last  season and a draw is likely.

highlandjambo3
6 hours ago, Dusty said:

I believe there will be a limited number for sale at a cash gate/portacabin on the day but doesn’t seem to have been announced

That’s how I usually get my ticket as any unsold hearts tickets are normally sent back to Dingwall but, I was led to believe all tickets had been sold this time with no returns.

Ricardo Quaresma
8 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Can’t seem to find the e ticket sale site

Yes, they're all gone, apparently

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
typo

1 minute ago, highlandjambo3 said:

That’s how I usually get my ticket as any unsold hearts tickets are normally sent back to Dingwall but, I was led to believe all tickets had been sold this time with no returns.

Are you in need of a ticket?

Feel free to correct if I've included an injured player as I've lost count of who's out tbh.

Gordon 

Smith Toby  Neilson Alex

Kio         Halliday 

Gino      Snodgrass    Barry 

Shanks 

Obv Natty, Haring , Cammy and Humphries would be options if available 

Only really leaves Forrest and Grant as viable alternative of the bench to come in .

Edited by ramrod

highlandjambo3
4 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Are you in need of a ticket?

I was but just received a PM from someone so I’m sorted, if it falls through I’m confident I’ll get one on the day…… cheers anyway 👍

I think Neilson finds himself in an unusual position, one he’s not been much in at Hearts.  He knows a win is crucial, you could say that is the case all the time, but there’s context depending on your form.

Going into this game with good form and there’s less pressure and if a draw happens, it’s treated as a good point helping maintain good form.

But that’s not the case.  He’s not helped with the injury list but this is when he needs to show more capabilities as a manager.  From the way he talks I know he’ll be determined to get 3 points, but there’s talk and there’s how you express that desire to the players along with how you motivate them and prepare.

We showed good fight and workrate v Celtic and I don’t think we ever switched off, but that’s when you play Celtic.  What concerns me a bit is when teams hit back at us. On Thursday we looked a bit derailed for a while when they got a goal back.  We’ll have to be much more stronger and switched on tomorrow for a game Ive no doubt will be frantic.

30 minutes ago, pointon said:

Don’t talk absolute nonsense. I’m no big fan of Neilson but ffs we have had almost a complete team of first choice players wiped out by injury! 

13 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

If Ross county really  believe and press us we could be n trouble.

Joking aside ...

Methinks it'll end up something like our home game v RFS on Thursday. A really big physical squad, but we showed the skills to get the better of them.

I seem to remember when we played them at Tynie that they were also a team of giants in comparison to us.

Nothing to fear, although it's quite clear that gifting opportunities for set pieces or cross balls into our box could be our downfall.

Forrest & Bazza were as tricky as at Tynie. It's that type of fast play that we really need in order to pick them apart.