***Official Ross County vs Heart of Midlothian match thread***

Locky

19 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

He might get his tactics wrong sometimes; he might be a tad too 'technical' for some of us sometimes, but one thing; he is a good man manager, he's got us within one win of third place in the league with almost all of his first picks injured for goodness sake.

Now dinnae be going muddying the waters he a **** wit manager as so many of the interlopers have told us 🤣

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

• neilnunb

• Morgan

lost in space
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You never said anything like that.

You said something along the lines of- it looks like Neilson is playing for a draw, we were 2-1 up and your post was a daft wee attempt to mock Bob. 

Absolute chicken dinner behaviour. 

2-1 up - playing for a draw.

:awful:

"Chicken dinner behaviour" and a kids wrestling clip!?

Sorry - I prefer to only communicate with adult posters.

Something about Shankland, and I've seen this at least three times: takes a shot with his right, ball comes straight back from block or off defender, Shankland now standing on his right foot hits it with his left low and hard into the goal.

WorldChampions1902
1 hour ago, upgotheheads said:

Something about Shankland, and I've seen this at least three times: takes a shot with his right, ball comes straight back from block or off defender, Shankland now standing on his right foot hits it with his left low and hard into the goal.

I spotted that as well. Today for example, when the rebound fell to him, how many strikers might have taken a first touch before striking the ball? Not Shankland - first time smash into the net.

The guy really is a natural goal scorer. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, lost in space said:

"Chicken dinner behaviour" and a kids wrestling clip!?

Sorry - I prefer to only communicate with adult posters.

It's what you comment about playing for  draw when 2-1 up deserves.

Absolute nonsense. 

8 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

I spotted that as well. Today for example, when the rebound fell to him, how many strikers might have taken a first touch before striking the ball? Not Shankland - first time smash into the net.

Nah he’s only a Champioship player…….or so said the football experts on here when Levein didn’t sign him!

31 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I thought he was sleeping at their goal but was fine overall.

Thought he was very good again.

Jordan White is the kind of striker that we would normally ask Halkett to mark, goal apart I thought Toby dealt well with him.

26 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

His reactions are superb.

As @upgotheheadssaid, he's done that several times already for us. No 'overthinking', just great instinct and eye - foot co-ordination.

He does all sorts of other things too, including defensive headers and what not.

jamboinglasgow

Pleasing result. Will do a great deal to the squad morale as last season we could not beat Ross County up in Dingwall and they know how to be a tough team for bigger clubs.

With only 1 more European game, and looking like we have reached the peak of our injury hell as players are coming back, then the other clubs around us will be cursing that they have not taken advantage of our difficult time with us 3 points off Hibs with a game in hand and 2 points of St Mirren and Aberdeen with us having played one more game against the Old Firm.

18 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Nah he’s only a Champioship player…….or so said the football experts on here when Levein didn’t sign him!

JKB 'experts', eh? 🤣

Personally, I would've taken a punt on him when he was banging them in at Ayr. But, wanna know? I'm now thinking that we've got him just at the right time both for him and for the team.

4 hours ago, graygo said:

I couldn't help but read that in a Ron Manager from the fast show voice. 😄

As I wrote,it never came to me but now you mention it , it works 👏🏻 

5 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

I think Robbie said that we had all of our remaining fit pros involved today.

He also said that a number of the players who played were carrying knocks as well.

Halliday, Mckay and Cochrane I think.

Today the performance was immaterial…..the result was absolutely everything.

A great 3 points and this will go a long way in the fight for 3rd.

7 hours ago, briever said:

Hobbos lose at the sheep we beat motherwell and we go above a side having a great season 😄

Frankly would rather Hibs and Dons draw. I know it would keep Hibs above us in the table a bit longer but I'm really not worried much about them TBH. Aberdeen are more of a threat to take third, although even they look pretty pedestrian.

3 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

JKB 'experts', eh? 🤣

Personally, I would've taken a punt on him when he was banging them in at Ayr. But, wanna know? I'm now thinking that we've got him just at the right time both for him and for the team.

I was thinking about this today, there's something fortuitous that he went to a bit bigger league and got lost in the shuffle. If he hadn't done that and we had him on the way up, he might be looking for greener pastures after us. Maybe if he gets comfortable, he stays for 5 years and joins the 100 goal club for Hearts. Given how hard we toil to find decent strikers, that could be enormous for us.

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Going by what I heard we are still hopeless at dealing with any kind of cross. Every time a cross got put in the commentary were making it sound like ross county were missing sitters.

Typical radio I think, CG didn’t have any of his usual world class saves. 

29 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Drawn even. Was a little pissed  :facepalm:

There's your problem right there, you need to be a bit more pissed I reckon

2 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Random question- do hearts stay in a hotel night before RC game or drive up in morning? 

Pretty sure that one of the commentators said that they stayed in a hotel, and Grant was given permission to stay home as he'd been sick and rive up in the morning.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Baxfee said:

Random question- do hearts stay in a hotel night before RC game or drive up in morning? 

A hotel in a football stadium might be a good idea...?

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Frankly would rather Hibs and Dons draw. I know it would keep Hibs above us in the table a bit longer but I'm really not worried much about them TBH. Aberdeen are more of a threat to take third, although even they look pretty pedestrian.

I was thinking about this today, there's something fortuitous that he went to a bit bigger league and got lost in the shuffle. If he hadn't done that and we had him on the way up, he might be looking for greener pastures after us. Maybe if he gets comfortable, he stays for 5 years and joins the 100 goal club for Hearts. Given how hard we toil to find decent strikers, that could be enormous for us.

Agreed with all.

Hibs are doing nothing. 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
13 hours ago, upgotheheads said:

That's something that's impressed me this season with Shankland. It's a skill not many players/strikers have, even the very best of them. I can think that Robbo scored a few like that but that's at least 3 (one in a friendly) that Shankland's scored in less than half a season, and even Robbo didn't do it at anything like that rate. He's also putting the ball away in these situtions quite emphatically suggesting it's not just luck, it's a genuine skill/talent.

And remember those posters that were suggesting we shouldn't sign him because he only managed 8 Premiership goals in a season with Dundee Utd? I believe that's 8 he's scored for us already, while playing in a side missing most of our best players, so is having to do more work in his own half than he even sees the ball in the opposition penalty box. If he stays fit (big ask at Hearts), and our season doesn't implode, he's going to be that 20+ goal striker we've all been desperate for for far too long.

Ex member of the SaS

Just managed to get time for a quick take on the game. Too many players complete nackered and fitness is a huge problem, hopefully they pick up after Europe is done.

Now the good news, Great fightback after what normally would be a killer early goal. A must win game that we did win ( even if we puffed a bit at the end ).

Not managed to see any highlights of the goals and only just caught some of the second half. but we did what we had to do to get the win so well done to all. Win the next game in hand and we are in with a shout again. I was afraid we would struggle out of the lower league had we not won today.

2 hours ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

That's something that's impressed me this season with Shankland. It's a skill not many players/strikers have, even the very best of them. I can think that Robbo scored a few like that but that's at least 3 (one in a friendly) that Shankland's scored in less than half a season, and even Robbo didn't do it at anything like that rate. He's also putting the ball away in these situtions quite emphatically suggesting it's not just luck, it's a genuine skill/talent.

And remember those posters that were suggesting we shouldn't sign him because he only managed 8 Premiership goals in a season with Dundee Utd? I believe that's 8 he's scored for us already, while playing in a side missing most of our best players, so is having to do more work in his own half than he even sees the ball in the opposition penalty box. If he stays fit (big ask at Hearts), and our season doesn't implode, he's going to be that 20+ goal striker we've all been desperate for for far too long.

I've always said that if we provide him with service he will score. If you watch his goals at previous clubs the amount of times he's in between the goals for a cut back to knock in is a skill that comes with instinct. He's done it for us and will continue to do if we fire balls across the goals for him. People saying he couldn't cut it in the top league will look a bit silly now. Stays fit he is going to hit 20 goals no problem. His confidence must be sky high at the moment with the goals he's scoring, absolutely deadly in the box. 

portobellojambo1

I, like a few others, have been a bit critical of Shankland, probably because I think of him more as a penalty box player than just a forward. My cricism of him was he didn't seem to be getting himself into penalty box scoring situations enough. I read something somewhere that he spoke to the coaches recently, abs it seems to have paid off. I still hope as  well that in the last few months of the season we get a chanxe to see Boyce and Shankland plat together up front, I think it is a pairing and style which may work well for us, especially with two wide men left and right providing the ammunition.