***Official Ross County vs Heart of Midlothian match thread***

Locky

9 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Remember clocks go back tonight boys and girls! 

Thank Gawd for that!

Long day to Dingwall & back beckons.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

• neilnunb

• Morgan

1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Yes…..Ross County do sell tickets from a portacabin on the day.

Mind at primary school we had huts , temp classrooms , would think a club in the top tier of scottish football

could do better than a portacabin, obviously not, maybe a wee bit of doncasters super wage could help them out.

highlandjambo3
21 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Mind at primary school we had huts , temp classrooms , would think a club in the top tier of scottish football

could do better than a portacabin, obviously not, maybe a wee bit of doncasters super wage could help them out.

To be fair it’s suitable for the purpose of selling tickets on the day, it’s right next to the turnstiles and never busy.

I have a totally unsubstantiated feeling that we'll be seeing either Rowles or Halkett back for this one.

14 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

I have a totally unsubstantiated feeling that we'll be seeing either Rowles or Halkett back for this one.

One week to early I reckon.  Totally unsubstantiated of course.

Captain Sausage

Big game this one. 6 points behind Hibs. We need to keep within touching distance and we can catch up after the World Cup when half our squad (and entire defence) returns. 

I know there is a long long way to go, but this really needs to be 3 points bagged, otherwise the pressure is really going to mount on Robbie (Bob).

thecarnbeejambo

maybe not a do or die situation but a win is really the only result for us.. it would put us right.back into it with a game in hand...the hobos are 3rd 

( really ) but we can start to set things right tomorrow... play like we did for the most part on thursday and we will be o.k.   ffs its ross county... they should be worried about us... 

1 hour ago, Captain Sausage said:

Big game this one. 6 points behind Hibs. We need to keep within touching distance and we can catch up after the World Cup when half our squad (and entire defence) returns. 

If we beat RC, Motherwell and Livi we will probably catch them before World Cup. 

1 hour ago, VALDOS' said:

I know there is a long long way to go, but this really needs to be 3 points bagged, otherwise the pressure is really going to mount on Robbie (Bob).

Not really. 

Is anyone itk enough to know if any of our wounded warriers will at least make the bench? It would be great to see Halkett and or/Rowles there.

Brutal injury list we have.   Possibly some players with minor knocks able to continue.   Still able to put a strong first team out.   Good chance for the youth players to get a game if they're needed.  Could do with an extra striker on the bench just to be sure. 

Exciting times.  I think we can get a good result.  Luck might be needed. 

1-2  

pettigrewsstylist
3 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

We really need the win tomorrow. I'd like to see us line up the same starting 11 as on Thurs. Obviously Kingsley is out, so Neilson in for him. Maybe worth bringing Snodgrass in for Halliday as it might be a bit much for him minutes wise. 

I think Ross County will smell a win and have a go, which means Shankland will get chances. Sibbick hopefully high on confidence and Neilson just needs to come in and do the basics right. Keep things simple and don't try and be clever at the back. 

I'm going to go 1-2 Hearts. 

1 hour ago, Hansel said:

Can't see us winning but a draw wouldn't be a disaster given our current situation 

Our available 11 IMO are still miles better than anything they could pick.

The only slight question mark is two young lads at centre half. They do okay and we’ll win comfortably IMO

0-3

Polonia Gorgie

Even with a lengthy injury list, there must be some sort of feel good factor about the place. Last few performances have been better. We'll also take a good noisy support. I still think our best available eleven will be better than them. 3 points is ours I reckon 

Do we know who is available player wise for this match?

I would go with 

Clark

Smith Sibbick Neilson Cochrane

Kio Halliday

Gino Grant McKay

Shankland

Hoping that we have enough to get the win. Wouldn't be surprised if we drew though.

2 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I would go with 

Clark

Kio Halliday

Gino Grant McKay

Shankland

Hoping that we have enough to get the win. Wouldn't be surprised if we drew though.

Forgot about Snodgrass lol 😆 has arguably been our best league player in the last few games, if fit he starts ahead of Grant for me.

8 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

We really need a win here, our run of games has been brutal but this one should be 3pts

Couldn't agree more.  October would have been tough enough without the horrendous injury toll but the last two results and performances have been great.

Let's end it on a high with a good win.

Got a feeling we'll come out flying today and have the 3 points wrapped up early.

Then I woke up. A tough match where we are ponderous and rattled at the back.

Take a point now.

56 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Couldn't agree more.  October would have been tough enough without the horrendous injury toll but the last two results and performances have been great.

Let's end it on a high with a good win.

Correction.  The result against celtic wasn't great.

7 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

I would go with 

Clark

Kio Halliday

Gino Grant McKay

Shankland

Think Devlin might be back

I'd go with 

Gordon

Smith Sibbick Cochrane Halliday

Devlin Kio 

Gino Snodgrass Forrest 

Shankland

Cochrane at CH over Neilson, as I just feel Sibbick and Neilson is too inexperienced. I thought Neilson looked nervy when he came on on Thursday.

McKay looks burst, have him on the bench for when the game stretches a bit.Hopefully have Humphrys available as an option as well.

This is a must win for us today. Especially Robbie. If we lose or draw people who are on the fence will move over to the Robbie out camp. We can’t continue our league form today, it has to stop. Pressure is on.

Ross County home form in the league this season;

Played 6

Won 1 (Kilmarnock)

Drawn 2 (Aberdeen and D United)

Lost 3 (Celtic, Hibs and Motherwell)

From what I can gather, our recent record at Dingwall is ok: The last 10 matches we have won 4 and drawn 6. Although the last 4 on the bounce have been draws.

Carl Fredrickson

Glass half full for today.

I feat the worst for today. I think they will try and batter our centre halves. It will be a horrible physical game and if we win it will be a hard earned win. 

The injuries are not only hindering our starting 11 but also our bench. Not many options from the bench but hoping that any youngsters take the chance they are given. 

If nothing else, after a European night win the players should be buzzing and we'll up for it.

Or mentally fatigued.

What will we get 

I think Callachan is out for RC - always seems to score against us so bonus there. They lost all their goal scorers last season which is why they’re toiling. Real chance for us to get a few goals - if we keep the tempo up. Won’t be a walk over but we really should be looking for 3 points 

Edited by Baxfee

Franksluckypants

Best form of defence is attack! No sitting back today.

Snodgrass has been a great signing and will be the difference for us. Reminds me a bit of a slimmer fitter Charlie Adams. He’ll control the midfield and help the defence.

2.1 to the JT’s.

Yes, agree with attacking them, keep them away from our end where set pieces will be our undoing. While he's still comparatively raw I'd have young Neilson in there with Sibbick, sink or swim lads! Cochrane is no CH, barely a LB in mine eyes, though he has done better this season. Snoddy if fit in the 10 spot, Halliday & Connor Smith to come in off bench on 60. Kio again for the height. ZanderC debut?

19 minutes ago, Franksluckypants said:

Best form of defence is attack! No sitting back today.

Snodgrass has been a great signing and will be the difference for us. Reminds me a bit of a slimmer fitter Charlie Adams. He’ll control the midfield and help the defence.

2.1 to the JT’s.

Stendel is that you? 

Franksluckypants
5 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Stendel is that you? 

Still want have a defence…unlike the Diamondo geezer 😉

Can’t even remember who is all fit in order to put a line up together.

Providing all available, would like to see

Gordon

Haring    Devlin

Gino         Grant        McKay

Shankland

Think Haring will come back in as should be pretty fresh. Time for Grant to step up and prove his worth.

Sibbick and and Gino deserve a start after thursday.