Toby Sibbick ( merged )

Greedy Jambo

2 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Noted. Had a couple pints and misread the DM bit in your post…you’ve gone on to pretty much make the same point as me in a later post about multiple errors. 

my bad. 

All good mate. 👍🏼👍🏼

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• RustyRightPeg

• Bazzas right boot

• BackOfTheNet

1 minute ago, Mr Sifter said:

I’ve no read it anywhere. I watched him

come in as a DM against Rangers whilst on loan, and he ****ing strolled it. 

So we didn't sign him of the back of DM performances? Cool.

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

A few booed him during the teamsheets being read out. Some booed him even coming on to the pitch. People especially booed him after a young Italian international on his way to Leeds with ridiculous pace started running past him. Then even made booed his every touch (!) and then they ironically cheered when he made a food clearance or block. We have some right ****ing arseholes in our support, who cannot honestly call themselves supporters. They’re only interested in supporting when we’re winning, they’re wee glory hunters.

Agree with the sentiment mate, but see one or two on here make reference to his colour. Get that shite in the bin. He could be ****ing green for all we care. His colour ain’t the issue, his ability as a CH is tho 👍🏼

22 minutes ago, Onerudyskacel1874 said:

Can’t believe people are seriously blaming Sibick for today’s loss, we had total possession for first 60 minutes, along with some great chances and couldn’t find the net. If we managed to score in the first half the game was in our hands.

No way was Sibbick to blame for the loss. The tie was over when Grant was sent off. 

Even for the goal to single him out is ridiculous… so many other players could have done something to prevent it, including Rowles who go caught out for speed. Sibbick was fine when  he came on and will be a very good CB for us.

Just now, saxondale said:

So we didn't sign him of the back of DM performances? Cool.

Eh, no sure what your point is tbh. I’m no lookin to argue with anyone on here. He impressed as a DM, we signed him then decided to play him as a CH. make no sense to me. Is my reading of the situation up for debate?

27 minutes ago, Onerudyskacel1874 said:

Can’t believe people are seriously blaming Sibick for today’s loss, we had total possession for first 60 minutes, along with some great chances and couldn’t find the net. If we managed to score in the first half the game was in our hands.

His inability to read the game of football played a big part in us losing that game. End of story. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

All good mate. 👍🏼👍🏼

To be fair he can’t be much worse than what Haring has been providing in that position so if we do need to play him give him a crack. 

I think it’s just exposing how threadbare we are at the back now though. Hopefully some decent signings will come in now we know what level we’re going to be playing at in Europe. 

Boyces beard

He was poor again tonight when he came on, Lewis Neilson must not be showing up well in training or in the lowland league if he has been playing in the B team, the lad is a unit and from the little game time he has had pre season i thought he looked pretty decent. 

1 minute ago, McCrae said:

No way was Sibbick to blame for the loss. The tie was over when Grant was sent off. 

Even for the goal to single him out is ridiculous… so many other players could have done something to prevent it, including Rowles who go caught out for speed. Sibbick was fine when  he came on and will be a very good CB for us.

He’s made errors in practically ever appearance this season. Some betraying a complete lack of concentration or awareness of opposition. I’d love to have your optimism but where is he getting this time to improve? 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

A few booed him during the teamsheets being read out. Some booed him even coming on to the pitch. People especially booed him after a young Italian international on his way to Leeds with ridiculous pace started running past him. Then even more booed his every touch (!) and then they ironically cheered when he made a food clearance or block. We have some right ****ing arseholes in our support, who cannot honestly call themselves supporters. They’re only interested in supporting when we’re winning, they’re wee glory hunters.

3 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Agree with the sentiment mate, but see one or two on here make reference to his colour. Get that shite in the bin. He could be ****ing green for all we care. His colour ain’t the issue, his ability as a CH is tho 👍🏼

Yip. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

He played RCB for most of the season before he signed for us. People just need to do a little bit of research.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, FFSJohn said:

Toby Sibbick should never play for Hearts ever again. Ever.

Ffs John 

Ffs calm doon

1 minute ago, Mr Sifter said:

Eh, no sure what your point is tbh. I’m no lookin to argue with anyone on here. He impressed as a DM, we signed him then decided to play him as a CH. make no sense to me. Is my reading of the situation up for debate?

You said we signed him as a DM - we didn't. So I assumed you had read something I hadn't.

He should not playing CB or DM for us anyway - he's brutal.

Totally devoid of confidence and should be nowhere near the first team currently. A liability. On the park 45 seconds and they had their best 2 chances of the match. Looking like another big mistake and bad contract but let’s find that out in due course not now. Shouldn’t be in the 18. 

BackOfTheNet
4 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Yip. 

I didn’t bring it in to it. So I’m not going to comment on that in relation to Sibbick.

But what I will say is, whatever they are, we have some retarded “supporters” I want nowhere near my club. They’re not football fans, they’re wee wankers living their lives vicariously through their football club because their own life is shite and they need to take their frustrations out somehow and on someone. They can get tae absolute ****.

15 minutes ago, Jambos dad said:

I think your post is more embarrassing. The man plays for Hearts and always tries his best when he puts on the shirt, like every other Hearts player. Don't condone booing of our own players please. 

Did you just imagine that I’d condoned people booing him or have you just had too much to drink tonight? 

i said people booing him is embarrassing. Just to simplify it for you - his performances have been pretty poor throughout this season and he’s by far the weakest link in the team for me. 

Don’t confuse the last 2 sentences for condoning fans booing him.  

I felt sorry for him tonight and it was poor management to bring him on. You could tell his confidence was gone and that sub appearance will not have helped him at all. 

1 minute ago, saxondale said:

You said we signed him as a DM - we didn't. So I assumed you had read something I hadn't.

He should not playing CB or DM for us anyway - he's brutal.

Im sayin his best performances (of which there were only two) whilst on loan were as DM. Then we signed him. I don’t think we’ve played him there since (might be wrong). Read into that what you will. 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, ecjambo said:

It could be a factor in the somewhat unmerited abuse he’s getting though. I’m not saying he hasn’t had his faults but I think they are a bit over the top at times.

For those saying he can’t play CH, he played there numerous times in a Championship side. I’ve often thought he looks most comfortable centre of a back three, e.g. on his return away to Hibs last season. Goal line block I seem to remember.

I’ve just never understood booing one of your own players. It doesn’t achieve anything. 

Tbh,  you can't state "it could be a factor"  without quoting anything on here that supports it. 

It's quite a big thing to state without any proof or reason to say it on this thread.

Type of thing you can't casually accuse folk off imo. 

Sad day when you can't discuss a player on a players thread without sweeping accusations of racism. 

Ridiculous Tbh. 

LivingstonJambo99

Sibbick is a horrendous defender with no understanding of playing that position. Lewis neilson must be sitting on the bench thinking what do I need to do for a chance 

Bazzas right boot

Wobbie out n aw. Loser.

Ffs John,  make sense. 

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I didn’t bring it in to it. So I’m not going to comment on that in relation to Sibbick.

But what I will say is, whatever they are, we have some retarded “supporters” I want nowhere near my club. They’re not football fans, they’re wee wankers living their lives vicariously through their football club because their own life is shite and they need to take their frustrations out somehow and on someone. They can get tae absolute ****.

Again, the sentiment I agree with. The use of  the word ‘retarded’ tho, is ****ing stinking 👍🏼

6 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

He’s made errors in practically ever appearance this season. Some betraying a complete lack of concentration or awareness of opposition. I’d love to have your optimism but where is he getting this time to improve? 

and in most of last season.

The guy isn't good enough.

Hearts fans booing a Hearts player is unacceptable.

That shouldn't overshadow the key point which is that Sibbick has cost us goals in pretty much every game he has played this season and I don't want him in the side again. 

People comparing him to Zal or saying he should be in midfield is all very well but Robbie seems to see him as a defender and frankly we we shouldn't have to spend the season trying to teach him the basics of defending while he is in the first team.

He should be put out on loan for his own benefit. And we need another experienced no nonsense central defender.

Tbh,  you can't state "it could be a factor"  without quoting anything on here that supports it. 

It's quite a big thing to state without any proof or reason to say it on this thread.

Sad day when you can't discuss a player on a players thread without sweeping accusations of racism. 

Ridiculous Tbh. 

Agreed. 

Ffs John,  make sense. 

How can I clarify this for you?

Sibbick is a rabbit in the headlights and nowhere near the level required.

Robbie is tactically inept and nowhere near the level required.

Ridiculous Tbh. 

Amen. Surely a civilised society can discuss a football player, and their attributes, without insinuating any criticism is due to their colour. How the **** can we move on if those most opposed to racism keep bringing it into the discussion? 

2 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Again, the sentiment I agree with. The use of  the word ‘retarded’ tho, is ****ing stinking 👍🏼

I'll agree with you on this, mind. Horrendous word.

1 minute ago, gnasher75 said:

Hearts fans booing a Hearts player is unacceptable.

That shouldn't overshadow the key point which is that Sibbick has cost us goals in pretty much every game he has played this season and I don't want him in the side again. 

People comparing him to Zal or saying he should be in midfield is all very well but Robbie seems to see him as a defender and frankly we we shouldn't have to spend the season trying to teach him the basics of defending while he is in the first team.

He should be put out on loan for his own benefit. And we need another experienced no nonsense central defender.

His days are already numbered. Not sure how he can turn this around.

1 minute ago, Yoda said:

and in most of last season.

The guy isn't good enough.

Agreed. I was trying to be kind by not mentioning last year. 

Bottom line for me is I see him in the starting line up or about to come on (I don’t boo) I get the fear that he’s as good as giving away a goal. 

If we want to be pushing on from last season and becoming European regulars, unless there’s a drastic improvement, Sibbick is nowhere near good enough.

How can I clarify this for you?

Sibbick is a rabbit in the headlights and nowhere near the level required.

Robbie is tactically inept and nowhere near the level required.

Didnt think our tactics were that wrong tonight. Unless Robbie instructed Grant to go down. 

Just now, BlueRiver said:

Didnt think our tactics were that wrong tonight. Unless Robbie instructed Grant to go down. 

It’s an accumulation of Robbie gashtics for me.

15 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Every player in the team makes errors during the game. The mistakes he makes are ones due to lack of experience… he is a player which needs a seasoned pro to play with him… it’s how all young CB’s develop. His strengths are his speed, very fast, he has good technical ability and usually wins a 1-1 challenge. He can be improved with coaching.

Edited by McCrae

BackOfTheNet
9 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

Perhaps, but I’m talking purely in the scientific term. As that’s the only way to explain their actions.

Every player in the team makes errors during the game. The mistakes he make are ones due to lack of experience… he is a player which needs a seasoned pro to play with him… it’s how all young CB’s develop. He strengths are his speed, very fast, he has good technical ability and usually wins a 1-1 challenge. He can be improved with coaching.

Not here he can’t. 

6 minutes ago, BlueRiver said:

Just the substitutions. Bizarre. 

2 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Every player in the team makes errors during the game. The mistakes he makes are ones due to lack of experience… he is a player which needs a seasoned pro to play with him… it’s how all young CB’s develop. His strengths are his speed, very fast, he has good technical ability and usually wins a 1-1 challenge. He can be improved with coaching.

I just don’t know if we can take the luxury in hoping he’s going to improve when it seems to be mistake after mistake. 

All for it if he’s coming on and we’re 4-0 up with 20 to play but we don’t tend to have that cushion. 

1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Not here he can’t. 

I don’t agree… almost all of our younger CB’s took time to develop…. Webster… Souttar, Zal all looked raw when they first started.

BackOfTheNet
26 minutes ago, oritem8 said:

If people would celebrate his shite performances he would get better. Because that’s how you learn a skill by being shit at it and everyone telling you that your doing a good job. 

🙄

You're a right **** aren’t you? No one is saying to tell him he’s doing well if he’s not, people are just saying supporters should not boo their own players like the ****ing idiots they are.

1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Just the substitutions. Bizarre. 

I think the Haring sub was very strange but I think we’re seeing our lack of depth in a lot of those subs tonight. 

I don’t agree… almost all of our younger CB’s took time to develop…. Webster… Souttar, Zal all looked raw when they first started.

He's costing us games. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

You could argue Sibbick cost us a goal tonight - I don’t think it’s that clear cut.

As mentioned above though I would say you could argue Boyce cost us two goals.

I don’t want any Hearts player abused but there is a funnelling going on here towards one player which is unjustified.

• davemclaren changed the title to Toby Sibbick ( merged )