*** HMFC v RFS*** Match Thread

Scott Leitch

Ex member of the SaS

Whenever we come up against a team that hasn't won in 11 or not scored in 12 games we ALWAYS seem to let them score/win. Hopefully we get our act together and put a few past them. Much rather focus on the league and hopefully this isn't a distraction. Having said that, play well and score a few would do wonders to our self esteem.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Naisys Tackle

6 minutes ago, Barack said:

Given Wigan are playing silly buggers with wages again, I'd like to see us test the waters with a bid. This "ring-fenced" cash can be put to use. 

Tbh, I'd bet GMS' wages are similar. Swap shop! 

I would be up for that 

16 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Whenever we come up against a team that hasn't won in 11 or not scored in 12 games we ALWAYS seem to let them score/win. Hopefully we get our act together and put a few past them. Much rather focus on the league and hopefully this isn't a distraction. Having said that, play well and score a few would do wonders to our self esteem.

And our bank balance. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, PapaShango said:

Yeah that's where I'm at. With no Rowles or Halkett we have looked vulnerable defending crosses all season and it's frustrating the number of goals we have lost to free headers in the box. A real inability to win the first header has cost us a lot of goals. I think Fiorentina at home, every corner they had they won the first header which is really poor. They had good delivery but we have lost free headers at home to Celtic, Istanbul and St Johnstone this season from dead ball situations. Shouldn't really happen on a regular basis. 

RN did mention it being a problem last season and whether they’ve worked on it or not it’s not been rectified. 

42 minutes ago, GrimUpNorth said:

What patronising nonsense. They've already played away to Fiorentina and Istanbul, they're not going to be phased by Tynecastle in the slightest. 

In the last few years they've played away to Gent and Partisan Belgrade in Europe. Christ sake Linfield is probably louder and more intimidating than ours right now. 

You've absolutely no idea how the Riga players will react if our players put in a performance and Tynecastle is bouncing, you only have to look back to the Zurich game to see their back 4 was rattled up until the sending off.

Istanbul have hardly any support and  the Fiorentina fans were  quiet as a mouse  against us so they aren't a barometer as to how Riga will react. I've no idea what the atmosphere was like when they played Gent or Partisan and I suspect you haven't either.

Tynecastle is a unique stadium and MIGHT intimate Riga players as it has other players in the past the key as always is the players turning up and putting in  performance. 

23 minutes ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Hopefully sales pick up, not looking great so far which is disappointing.

Yet people think we need a bigger stadium. 

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

We need a dancing/ fighting pit.

Or....

A dancing corner 

A fighting corner

And a Romancing corner. 

2 birds wan stone.

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

You've absolutely no idea how the Riga players will react if our players put in a performance and Tynecastle is bouncing, you only have to look back to the Zurich game to see their back 4 was rattled up until the sending off.

Istanbul have hardly any support and  the Fiorentina fans were  quiet as a mouse  against us so they aren't a barometer as to how Riga will react. I've no idea what the atmosphere was like when they played Gent or Partisan and I suspect you haven't either.

Tynecastle is a unique stadium and MIGHT intimate Riga players as it has other players in the past the key as always is the players turning up and putting in  performance. 

Couldn't have said it better. Great post. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

RN did mention it being a problem last season and whether they’ve worked on it or not it’s not been rectified. 

Halkett is quite clear in the evening news that it has nothing to do with being rushed back this season , and it is all about him delaying his op so he could play in the cup final . 

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

Equally you have no idea either 

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

RFS have been playing away so far to stadiums that are leas than half full. However, they've played a few games in Europe over the past few years so possibly wouldn't be phased.

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Halkett is quite clear in the evening news that it has nothing to do with being rushed back this season , and it is all about him delaying his op so he could play in the cup final . 

Where did I mention Halkett? We’re not discussing his two attempts to come back on here, we were poor at crosses with him in the team, he and Rowles will help but there’s still an issue to be solved. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King

I don’t think any team are intimidated by anything at Tynecastle, turning the hot water off or atmosphere.
Where they will look shaky is if we press them early and the fans will make some real noise which can affect them. 

31 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Where did I mention Halkett? We’re not discussing his two attempts to come back on here, we were poor at crosses with him in the team, he and Rowles will help but there’s still an issue to be solved. 

Loads of times when you have been getting all raging about our injury problems being the clubs fault . Here is one such example from a few days ago 

11BA0527-DE79-461F-95EF-E528EF32B249.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Loads of times when you have been getting all raging about our injury problems being the clubs fault . Here is one such example from a few days ago 

Listened to the head of our Sports science division, Bob McCunn at a HMSA dinner.  Guy is very astute and is more qualified than anyone employee previously.  He has three degrees, one he picked up in Germany as part of the Dortmund backroom staff.   I think I'll trust him rather than listen to any views on JKB. 

Just now, goader said:

Listened to the head of our Sports science division, Bob McCunn at a HMSA dinner.  Guy is very astute and is more qualified than anyone employee previously.  He has three degrees, one he picked up in Germany as part of the Dortmund backroom staff.   I think I'll trust him rather than listen to any views on JKB. 

Good plan . I am just taking my info from Halkett him self , from his interview with the evening news ………..

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/craig-halkett-reveals-reason-behind-injury-woes-as-hearts-defender-shares-european-frustrations-3892982

although obviously neither Bob McCunn or Halkett will be as on top of things as Pasquale for King and the other kickback experts here ……….

31 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Wasting your breath sooks.

Been proven many times on here he slavers utter tam kite he hears and believes in his very important career as an ambassador at one of the chosen Tynecastle adult entertainment outlets.

Went to some famous university somewhere as well.

University of pish is my best guess.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Sooks said:

I will explain this to you, that’s a different thread and there’s no need to derail this thread when it’s not been discussed. I stand by what I’ve said though, players can’t be trusted to make these decisions. 

5 hours ago, Sir Craig Gordon said:

Hopefully sales pick up, not looking great so far which is disappointing.

Saw this on Hearts Reddit page earlier. No idea if it is legit or not but I was at the ticket office before the Besikshehir game and there were three young lads with a fistful of cash trying to get tickets. Didn't have their own purchase history and were turned away. We're making it difficult to take folks money off them sometime. Thinking back to the match though the young guys got lucky

image.png

6 hours ago, GrimUpNorth said:

What patronising nonsense. They've already played away to Fiorentina and Istanbul, they're not going to be phased by Tynecastle in the slightest. 

In the last few years they've played away to Gent and Partisan Belgrade in Europe. Christ sake Linfield is probably louder and more intimidating than ours right now. 

You do realise they play in front of an average gate in Latvian top flight of 337? 283 at home games.

There was 5k at their Istanbul game. 14k at their Fiorentina game which was one of the least atmospheric grounds i’ve ever stepped foot in.

To suggest a team thats used to playing in empty stadiums in front of 300 folk every week can’t be impacted by a compact loud Tynecastle is nonsense.

Edited by Gorgie_Rules

5 hours ago, Sarah O said:

We do it's just fans don't see that type of performance on Saturday, on a consistent basis.

10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We do it's just fans don't see that type of performance on Saturday, on a consistent basis.

Or hardly ever. :pleasing:

7 hours ago, Sooks said:

Oh no . Feel for the guy he was really hitting form . Hope fully see him before Easter then 😄 

we do need a bigger stadium, we cant just stop at around 20k or under, there are a lot more fans out there that will watch a half decent hearts team,  im not saying anything massive ,but a 23/25 stadium,, with a min of 3k safe standing, would be fine,  whether it ever occurs is another thing, at least younger fans  are being listened to ,which is a start,  hope they get their section eventually...👏👏👏👏👏for trying lads.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Can't see it being too vibrant tomorrow. Could be a dead rubber, even if not, least glamorous game of the group. 

On the players to get the juice flowing tomorrow. Ideally 5 subs on with half an hour to go, realistically 433k any which way 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Economics. 

7 hours ago, ramrod said:

Genuine question here. And not just aimed at you. But can anyone point to a recent big game we’ve played at Tynecastle  where the atmosphere had an adverse effect on the opposition and was a factor in us winning the game ? Maybe a couple of derbies where Hibs shat it but outwith that I’m struggling to think 

To the 10,000 proper Hearts fans who travelled to Florence please keep the happy vibe going tonight. No moaners, sweetie rustlers, bovril suppers please.

Let’s enjoy ourselves. We’re not the Old Firm.

43 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

To the 10,000 proper Hearts fans who travelled to Florence please keep the happy vibe going tonight. No moaners, sweetie rustlers, bovril suppers please.

Interesting.... You are a proper Hearts fan because you could afford to travel to Florence, and others are not proper Hearts fans because their circumstances meant that they may not have been able to travel!

Fozzyonthefence
46 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

Well done, give yourself a pat on the back.  What a PHM you are. 

58 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

Shite thread, was in Riga and Florence. Love a Bovril and also Beer and Whisky. Will moan like **** if there is a reason to moan and will sing as loud as i can at every opportunity to support the famous. OP sounds to me like a self entitled bairn who has no affinity with his fellow Hearts supporters.  

8 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Genuine question here. And not just aimed at you. But can anyone point to a recent big game we’ve played at Tynecastle  where the atmosphere had an adverse effect on the opposition and was a factor in us winning the game ? Maybe a couple of derbies where Hibs shat it but outwith that I’m struggling to think 

Granted we didn’t win the game on Sunday but the atmosphere was decent and drove the team on, Ange mentioned such in his post match interview.

The first two home games against Ross County and Dundee Utd had a decent atmosphere and were both wins.

The intensity of the first half (driven by the performance) against Zurich made them look like a bunch of amateurs. The above is examples from a season which has been pretty poor so far.

You can hear it from the horses mouth on any Scottish football media/podcast about how the nature of Tynecastle can impact an opposition team. We are not talking Eastern Europe style hostile, however with the stands as tight and fans close to the pitch and when the support is positive it is a unique arena to play in which can impact any player who maybe doesn’t fancy it.

3 minutes ago, Boyces beard said:

Shite thread, was in Riga and Florence. Love a Bovril and also Beer and Whisky. Will moan like **** if there is a reason to moan and will sing as loud as i can at every opportunity to support the famous. OP sounds to me like a self entitled bairn who has no affinity with his fellow Hearts supporters.  

Sounds like a Plastic fc apologist 

OP must get a stiffy from self proclaiming themselves as a PHM and coming on kickback to tell us all.

Tynecastle will be good tonight if the team get stuck in, or it'll dampen into a pish atmosphere if we have constant slow tippy-tappy and not much to get excited about.

16 hours ago, GrimUpNorth said:

Neither of those stadia were anywhere close to being full when they played there.  Tonight will be different for them. 

1 hour ago, Walter Kidd said:

the state of this 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Really looking forward to the game tonight for some reason. Hopefully we kick on from the performance on Saturday and we see us play with a bit more freedom. Pressure is off really as we are unlikely to progress so would be good to see us dominate the ball and create some chances. The 500,000 euros would also be a nice way to end the day! 

Ex member of the SaS

If Robbie has them up for it and they get all guns blazing then the crowd WILL make a noise and a difference. The crowd reacts to what they are seeing and tippy tappy around the defense is not going to get them shouting and singing.

I really am looking forward to a great performance ( like V Celtic ). We can really show just how good our players are. At the start of the season we were all boasting about how we had great players so come on Robbie get them playing! 3-0 

Surely we'll score our first home goal in for this European campaign and hopefully win the game. Too much to hope for ? I don't think so. 3-1 Hearts.

OG from 20 yards oot

I'm looking forward to this. Hoping for a good performance and a win, then a win on Sunday to kick-start our season.

alicante jambo

Big game this for us. A win could do wonders for our confidence. Out our next 7 games 5 are at home with the turks and sevco away. We can pick up a lot of league points in the next month or so and the game tonight could be the perfect game to get us going again. Any win will do for me hopefully a great atmosphere with an early goal setting the tone for what will be a great night for us. Lets get behind the team right from the off and get this win. Mon the jambos