• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Naisys Tackle

If we win this game we'll have pretty much done what I thought we'd do in the group. They're not a good side and we really need to be winning this.

Need to win this even for the financial reasons at stake, that and the fact we might not get group stage next year. It’s a must win tie for us. A heavy defeat by Istanbul and Fiorentina pick up a few injuries and we’re still in it going into game 6. Hope and belief is all we have atm. 

Also surely if Halkett was back in full training he has to play ? Rowles perhaps on the bench. Can't see us keeping a clean sheet regardless of the opposition without either of them.

Can’t wait for it. Close game but we will win 2-1

huge game with all that money at stake. Yet some folk saying to rest our goalkeeper and captain 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Need to win this even for the financial reasons at stake, that and the fact we might not get group stage next year. It’s a must win tie for us. A heavy defeat by Istanbul and Fiorentina pick up a few injuries and we’re still in it going into game 6. Hope and belief is all we have atm. 

This  

Massive game for hearts in the context.

Will be a totally game to Celtic - but need to have same intensity and maybe one day we’ll stop shipping in totally avoidable goals  

This team may be organised and had 2 creditable draws vs Istanbul & Fiorentina but in reality there not great  

2-0 hearts ( yes a clean sheet 😂)

Malinga the Swinga
3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Can’t wait for it. Close game but we will win 2-1

huge game with all that money at stake. Yet some folk saying to rest our goalkeeper and captain 🤣🤣

The same people will be first to complain if we played lesser team and don't win.

Strongest 11 please. Hoping we get win but expect a stuffy hard game as RFS already proved they can be extremely stuffy and disciplined.

Think we will miss Snodgrass on Thursday thought behind Devlin he was superb yesterday at linking play and getting them closed down. Really think he’s going to be terrific for us for the remainder of the season.

Confident going into this one but they need the same commitment as Sat minus the gift goals. An appearance from Barrie would be welcome. 

tartofmidlothian

1-0 or 2-1 to us. I'd be happy with an aggregate 'win' across our two legs in the group, they've caused problems to the other teams and a draw wouldn't be a bad result. The fans deserve a show and something to cheer about at home, though.

We should win and that'll mean we finish third in the group, as expected and as per seedings. 

If Fiorentina fail to win and we do then we go into the final round with a miniscule chance of qualifying. Despite some humpings taking it to the final gameweek is a decent achievement given how difficult our group was. Look at the state of the Glasgow two for comparison.

The whole year has been a tough learning process. I do expect us to pick up domestically after we exit Europe and after the WC.

1 hour ago, Gordon_1874 said:

€424k for a win, that's huge for us.

Well if that's not an insensitive I don't know what is. 2 . 0 🇱🇻

Bazzas right boot

2-2.

We'll work really hard to score our goals and they'll score from 2 balls chucked in the box.

23 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

I'd drop one or the other,  but not sure id drop both in the same game 🤪🤪🤣

Fans deserve high tempo pressing and attacking game plan. Can't see us keeping clean sheet but think we'll out score them. 3 x Geordie Hearts coming up for it.

8 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

2-2.

We'll work really hard to score our goals and they'll score from 2 balls chucked in the box.

How I see it. High balls and crosses into the box and teams have a good chance of an easy goal. Hopefully they sit in and try to play for 0-0.

Really hoping that we win this one. Money at stake and the chance of still being in it until the last game (not that I think we will qualify) but it will be great if the last game's not a dead rubber. 3-2 to us.

portobellojambo1

While it is highly unlikely we will progress any further in this season's competition I think it is still important that we approach Thursday with the intention of winning that game. Winning home and away versus thr Latvians will net us around £1 million, money that we need to use well to put us in a position to try again in Europe next season.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

They seem to be able to scrap points from better teams. We need to respect that but not fear it.

But we should win. Istanbul win then it’s game on.

I doubt any of us would have thought we’d take it to the last group game to qualify when this started.

Pasquale for King

It will be interesting to see how they approach this game, they defended for their life against the top two but attacked us. They will see this as a chance to win a game and get the €500 win bonus. It might be an end to end all or nothing last twenty minutes. We might need to freshen the team up a bit after Saturday and the knocks we picked up. 

Clark

Smith

Sibbick

Kingsley

Cochrane

Devlin

Kio

Ginnelly

Grant

Forrest

Shankland

Would happily have Smith or Pollock in for Grant though. Get McKay on the bench. I'd also like to see the difference with Clark in the back line.

The Goalscoring Knee
31 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

They seem to be able to scrap points from better teams.

So they'll get nothing from us then 😉.

The Goalscoring Knee

Finally, a must-win game that's actually a must-win game, in that if we don't, we're out.

Is Humphrys expected to be fit?

Looking forward to this - they'll score but we'll score more.

pettigrewsstylist

If they score first they will shut up shop, seem to be half decent at that. Therefore we need first goal to avoid counter attk sucker punch all night.

CG kept them out in Riga, they can score.

Shanks said no
24 minutes ago, The Goalscoring Knee said:

Finally, a must-win game that's actually a must-win game, in that if we don't, we're out.

Is Humphrys expected to be fit?

Looking forward to this - they'll score but we'll score more.

Not if Fiorentina beat Istanbul Basaksehir as they have the earlier ko 17:45. We will already be out

The Goalscoring Knee
Just now, Shanks said no said:

Not if Fiorentina beat Istanbul Basaksehir as they have the earlier ko 17:45. We will already be out

Shows what I know. 🙄 Bloody staggered kick-off times.

1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

They seem to be able to scrap points from better teams. We need to respect that but not fear it.

But we should win. Istanbul win then it’s game on.

I doubt any of us would have thought we’d take it to the last group game to qualify when this started.

Interesting to see if the result of the other game on Thursday influences our starting eleven. If it’s a dead rubber, other than the cash, Robbie may keep players back for Sunday. 

On 23/10/2022 at 00:31, Carter said:

If we win this game we'll have pretty much done what I thought we'd do in the group. They're not a good side and we really need to be winning this.

2-0 Hearts, not being greedy 😏.

12 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Interesting to see if the result of the other game on Thursday influences our starting eleven. If it’s a dead rubber, other than the cash, Robbie may keep players back for Sunday. 

I think the £500k for a win is a big incentive regardless of other results. 

32 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think the £500k for a win is a big incentive regardless of other results. 

It is I agree but if it becomes a dead rubber re qualification I could see him resting Gordon, Kingsley, Humphreys and McKay with Sunday in mind.   It could also be a shadow squad that travels to Istanbul, next week with three league games in 7 days starting week on Sunday.  

36 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

It is I agree but if it becomes a dead rubber re qualification I could see him resting Gordon, Kingsley, Humphreys and McKay with Sunday in mind.   It could also be a shadow squad that travels to Istanbul, next week with three league games in 7 days starting week on Sunday.  

Both games have a potential £££s 'windfall'.

Also, it could very well be a dead rubber for Başakşehir which could play in our favour. Furthermore, it looks already like over 500 travelling fans for Istanbul and my opinion is that any sort of shadow squad would be poor form, so hopefully that doesnt happen.

Jambo Buckets

As well as the 500k, there is 2 coefficient points up for grabs. If we were to get 3rd for another 2 or 3 years it would see us into Pot 2 giving us a great chance of qualifying for the knockouts. 

4 minutes ago, Jambo Buckets said:

As well as the 500k, there is 2 coefficient points up for grabs. If we were to get 3rd for another 2 or 3 years it would see us into Pot 2 giving us a great chance of qualifying for the knockouts. 

Not unless the other Scottish clubs get the finger out.  As things stand at the moment our cup winners this season go straight to group stage in next seasons Conf League as a minimum but not for for the following season.  It will be back to having to win one, two or three qualifying ties to get to group stages. 

23 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Both games have a potential £££s 'windfall'.

Also, it could very well be a dead rubber for Başakşehir which could play in our favour. Furthermore, it looks already like over 500 travelling fans for Istanbul and my opinion is that any sort of shadow squad would be poor form, so hopefully that doesnt happen.

It can’t be a dead rubber for them either then.  If they have already won the group a victory against us at home will still be worth $500k to them. I’d imagine they might be up for it. 

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Not unless the other Scottish clubs get the finger out.  As things stand at the moment our cup winners this season go straight to group stage in next seasons Conf League as a minimum but not for for the following season.  It will be back to having to win one, two or three qualifying ties to get to group stages. 

Group stages are guaranteed for 2 more seasons; we'd still get decent points for ECL qualifiers if we didn't manage to get straight to group

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

It can’t be a dead rubber for them either then.  If they have already won the group a victory against us at home will still be worth $500k to them. I’d imagine they might be up for it. 

If they avoid defeat in Italy, they will be resting as many players as they can; they've only got 3 points out 9 in their league and have seriously lost momentum; there is 5 subs available now, though, that is making a difference

I made nice money betting on them and fiorentina losing against Inter & Fenerbahce 😄