*** HMFC v RFS*** Match Thread

Scott Leitch

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

Is Humphrey’s injured ?

Waiting on RNs press conference tomorrow, Smith has said he and Ginnelly are fit though. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Naisys Tackle

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

So we have prepared all week with the starters and then 90 mins before kick off you want him to change everything? Come on, you know that wouldn't happen. 

Laughable isn’t it.
The manager will put out our strongest available team, if we are comfortable or players need to be looked after he will make subs in the second half. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, poultry said:

Show the commitment we showed against septic, and we take the win.

Be a completely different game,  we need to show quality and maybe a little patience. 

Defemding a little better would be good too.

Fozzyonthefence
10 minutes ago, poultry said:

Show the commitment we showed against septic, and we take the win.

Might have to defend a bit better and think we could be facing an aerial bombardment.  They’ll be well aware of our weaknesses at the back but that said, they’re nowhere near as good as Celtic.   They’ll be much more direct then Celtic though and without Halkett and Rowles could still cause us a lot of problems.  

Was all for giving Sibbick a run but he looks woeful in all honesty, far to timid imo.

Maybe Neilson might find it a bit easier against RFS he seemed to cope quite well in Riga  

Edited by ramrod

pettigrewsstylist
9 hours ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I've been of the opinion I wouldn't mind seeing McKay rested for the last few games but this is one I'd definitely play him. RFS will be very compact and we'll have lots of possession. Having someone with the ability to pick a pass will be important when trying to open them up.

After Riga i think you may be right. They wont want to see his name on teamsheet

Tom Hardy’s Dug

500m 😂

They are a funny team RFS

Barely scraped through and have the gif points off the big boys but barely laid a glove on pish like us….

1 hour ago, Scott Leitch said:

So we have prepared all week with the starters and then 90 mins before kick off you want him to change everything? Come on, you know that wouldn't happen. 

How do you what preparations have been going on. I also didn’t say change everything if you read my post.  Easy to change keeper at last minute.  Fairly easy to make a couple  of other changes if you have been preparing that way. We do have a squad. 

14 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

How do you what preparations have been going on. I also didn’t say change everything if you read my post.  Easy to change keeper at last minute.  Fairly easy to make a couple  of other changes if you have been preparing that way. We do have a squad. 

Get your point but Robbie has no option but to pick our strongest team.

Pressure is starting to mount and we can't buy a win atm.

He'll want to put on a good show after our last 2 horsing in Europe at Tynecastle  

A defeat on Thursday and then Sunday and he will be under immense pressure,  consequently to wins this week and we are back up and running. 

Huge couple of games which is why he'll pick his  best available 11 for both fixtures imo.

If Riga go hyper defensive as they have against the turks and Fiorentina, it could be a really tough game. 

I'm hoping since the table is pretty much set now, they'll come out and try and give us a game. Especially with our defence not at its best. 

I could see us having difficulty breaking them down if they choose to just defend. 

1 hour ago, ramrod said:

Was all for giving Sibbick a run but he looks woeful in all honesty, far to timid imo.

Maybe Neilson might find it a bit easier against RFS he seemed to cope quite well in Riga  

Woeful is a bit OTT. I think he's actually been looking a lot better in recent games. Time will tell, but I still think there's a player in there. Once this euro run is over & we are playing lesser opposition in the league I hope he goes on to prove himself. If not, we will be buying at least one defender in January, maybe two. 

Looking forward to this  

beers in gorgie , euro football under the lights  

will never take this for granted  

Hopefully a decent crowd for this  

No idea what team he will play but for me it’s not a dead rubber. 

€€€ at stake can really help us for next year , and minimal chance our euro campaign is still alive 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

There's no chance Robbie will change anything regardless of the result. 

Need a decent atmosphere. Tynecastle didn’t phase Fiorentina or Istanbul, partly because an early goal killed it and partly because they have players who have experienced much larger and intense crowds. Not sure many of the Riga players will have played in front of as large crowds on a frequent basis.

Playing opponents we should be expecting to beat in Riga and Ross County has been a long time coming on the fixture list, hopefully last week gave the players enough confidence to go and win the two as we did with Riga away then Motherwell away shortly after.

It's been 8 years since we last qualified for Europe. Looking forward to a few pre match beers then, hopefully, a win under the floodlights.  

south morocco
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

There is no way we won’t be going all out for a win in our last home euro game this year.

no way.

Especially if it’s worth the 500,000 euro discussed. Hope we can do the double over RFS.

59 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It's been 8 years since we last qualified for Europe. Looking forward to a few pre match beers then, hopefully, a win under the floodlights.  

Even a goal at home in Europe would be good. 

4 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Be a completely different game,  we need to show quality and maybe a little patience. 

Defemding a little better would be good too.

Nope same attitude for me , treat every opponent the same we look to play our game.

Clark 

Smith Haring Kingsley Cochrane 

Sibbick 

Devlin Pollock 

Ginnelly                      Humphrys                               

Shankland 

Edited by Bongo 1874

It’s time for Peter Haring at RCB.  We need someone who can win headers and I’m sure he’ll have far better defensive instinct than Sibbick. 

12 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

I watched the away match last night to remind me the formation used,  players used.  I would  like to see the same again (433 it looked like) or a 442 with Shankland & Humphrys.   

The players should be confident against this lot.   They still have some danger players on the counter and set pieces but we should be four up by then.  

Gordon 

Smith Sibbick Kingsley Cochrane 

Gino Devlin Kio McKay 

Humphrys Shankland 

Or 

Gordon 

Grant Devlin Haliday 

Humphrys Shankland McKay 

There's good options off the bench as well.   Plenty players that could start and do the damage in a positive way. 

5-2 crazy match 😁 looking forward to attending this game.   

Comfortable 4-0

🇱🇻❤️🇱🇻

Naisys Tackle
5 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Clark 

Smith Haring Kingsley Cochrane 

Sibbick 

Devlin Pollock 

Ginnelly                      Humphrys                               

Shankland 

Good team with a good mix of technical and physical players.  Kio will play though and golden boy McKay. 

10 hours ago, Scott980612 said:

Looking forward to this  

beers in gorgie , euro football under the lights  

will never take this for granted  

Hopefully a decent crowd for this  

No idea what team he will play but for me it’s not a dead rubber. 

€€€ at stake can really help us for next year , and minimal chance our euro campaign is still alive 

This is where I am and the correct attitude for me . This is what it is all about

I think Gordon is a game away from a record in European appearances so he will not be dropped and he will probably have the game of his life if called upon

Ginelly looks like he has the hunger back so will feature and could score I reckon

Humphrys is on good form and Shankland can not be dropped after a hat trick vs Celtic

I think we might go

Gordon

Smith

Neilson/Sibbick

Kinhey

Cochrane

Devlin

Kio

Halliday

Humphrys

Shankland

Ginelly

Half a million at stake for the win , just go for it ………… could change to a 3-4-3 quite easily with Smith or Sibbick moving to wingback 

Gordon

kio

Gino Cammy Grant Forrest

Shankland

Same formation as Saturday. We need more bodies in midfield, everytime we play 3 in the middle we play better 

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Nope same attitude for me , treat every opponent the same we look to play our game.

Attitude?

I'm sure we want to win every game so that is irrelevant.

It will be a different game as they'll likely cede possession and press us or maybe even sit deep and counter , which is totally different to Celtic who have more possession and look to control the game.

They are also more physical and far less technical than Celtic. 

It's a completely different game.

I am unable to make the match any more and have 2 tickets in the main stand going. 

Realise there are still tickets on sale but if anyone is looking for tickets I am willing to take £50 for them

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think Haring might play too, not sure where though but has had a wee rest and his height might be required.

8 hours ago, hearts00 said:

It’s time for Peter Haring at RCB.  We need someone who can win headers and I’m sure he’ll have far better defensive instinct than Sibbick. 

Would make sense.

They are a massive team and with our inability to defend cross balls into the box this could be a tough game if we aren't at it. Haring into defence isn't a bad shout as he can head the ball better than any of the current centre backs we have. 

We_are_the_Hearts

Haring shouldn't be in the team. We beat them 2-0 over there without him in defence. He came on in midfield and got booked after a few minutes due to his slowness. He is just too slow for European football. Stick with Toby, there was defo improvement there on Saturday and think we should persevere. Even though I think with his pace and drive he would make a good right back.

pettigrewsstylist
3 hours ago, Sooks said:

I think Gordon is a game away from a record in European appearances so he will not be dropped and he will probably have the game of his life if called upon

Ginelly looks like he has the hunger back so will feature and could score I reckon

Humphrys is on good form and Shankland can not be dropped after a hat trick vs Celtic

I think we might go

Gordon

Smith

Neilson/Sibbick

Kinhey

Cochrane

Devlin

Kio

Halliday

Humphrys

Shankland

Ginelly

Half a million at stake for the win , just go for it ………… could change to a 3-4-3 quite easily with Smith or Sibbick moving to wingback 

I think this will be close to the truth, suspect Humphreys and Shankland will interchange at some point.and that Mackay will start.

This is going to be a very difficult game another huge learning curve for Robbie and his back room staff! 

With the quality Riga have weve got to be mega cautious I feel, play the game not the occasion, and show a strong desire to defend our goal with everything we've got. They are a top European outfit dont forget!

They've got some great individual players with tremendous technical ability and are strong and athletic   and particularly their midfield trio looked effective and busy. They are sure to be backed by a large noisy travelling support so we'll have a big  job roaring the team on.

Im just hoping we try to nullify them in our final third and if we get to half time at zero, zero then changing the format slightly will be effective. A defender for a defensive midfielder would certainly create the impetus and intent we' d require to see the game out and take a huge stride forward for the next match i Greece. 

Early finish then onto the beers. Can't take it for granted, who knows when we'll next have a European game in October to look forward to! 

well only 1 team in the whole competitions conceded more than us so i think there could be a couple goals also the game in riga was an open attacking game

2 hours ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Haring shouldn't be in the team. We beat them 2-0 over there without him in defence. He came on in midfield and got booked after a few minutes due to his slowness. He is just too slow for European football. Stick with Toby, there was defo improvement there on Saturday and think we should persevere. Even though I think with his pace and drive he would make a good right back.

Agree haring slower than a double decker going up drumbrae hill. More importantly Sibbick due a run of games and hopefully can boost his confidence further. Haring has had plenty chances.

3 hours ago, Masonic said:

well only 1 team in the whole competitions conceded more than us so i think there could be a couple goals also the game in riga was an open attacking game

We've also scored more goals than 7 other teams in the competition and RFS have only scored 1 goal in total so fingers crossed we smash them.

Pasquale for King

Haring is slow no doubt about that but it’s his aerial ability he might be needed for, they were unlucky not to score from set pieces in Riga. 

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Haring is slow no doubt about that but it’s his aerial ability he might be needed for, they were unlucky not to score from set pieces in Riga. 

Yeah that's where I'm at. With no Rowles or Halkett we have looked vulnerable defending crosses all season and it's frustrating the number of goals we have lost to free headers in the box. A real inability to win the first header has cost us a lot of goals. I think Fiorentina at home, every corner they had they won the first header which is really poor. They had good delivery but we have lost free headers at home to Celtic, Istanbul and St Johnstone this season from dead ball situations. Shouldn't really happen on a regular basis. 

5 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

I think this will be close to the truth, suspect Humphreys and Shankland will interchange at some point.and that Mackay will start.

I think McKay could start on the bench to make use of Gino , Humphrys and Shankland either showing promise or scoring lately 

17 minutes ago, Barack said:

Humpy is "touch & go" according to latest Banderson reports.

Hearts sub-text: 99% chance he'll be out until the break...!

Oh no . Feel for the guy he was really hitting form . Hope fully see him before Easter then 😄 

19 hours ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Need a decent atmosphere. Tynecastle didn’t phase Fiorentina or Istanbul, partly because an early goal killed it and partly because they have players who have experienced much larger and intense crowds. Not sure many of the Riga players will have played in front of as large crowds on a frequent basis.

Playing opponents we should be expecting to beat in Riga and Ross County has been a long time coming on the fixture list, hopefully last week gave the players enough confidence to go and win the two as we did with Riga away then Motherwell away shortly after.

What patronising nonsense. They've already played away to Fiorentina and Istanbul, they're not going to be phased by Tynecastle in the slightest. 

In the last few years they've played away to Gent and Partisan Belgrade in Europe. Christ sake Linfield is probably louder and more intimidating than ours right now.