*** HMFC v RFS*** Match Thread

Scott Leitch

13 hours ago, Jambo Buckets said:

The attendance for the game was 15,836, the highest across the whole competition last night apart from West Ham. Bigger crowd than the likes of Villarreal, Fiorentina, Basel, Anderlecht and Nice.

We'll come back next year stronger (and hopefully avoid the best team in Pot 2).

I'm just catching up on some early morning JKB reading and your attendance observation is an interesting one. Without bothering to look it up, I'd guess that, within our group, Hearts' away attendance has eclipsed all the others ... possibly all the others combined (is there a statto out there who knows the figures?).

Again, without bothering to check, it looks very much like our home attendances have been the largest within our group.

That's really encouraging, and it brings me to your second point. Barring some sort of weird injury and/or recruitment melt-down, we certainly will come back stronger next year. That, needless to say, pre-supposes that we'll qualify either by finishing in a Euro slot (preferably 3rd), or via a much deserved Scottish 🏆 victory.

I honestly think that we will. So, please be prepared for disappointment because as much as I don't believe in 'luck', I honestly predict that we'll end up in the Conference equivalent of a World Cup 'Group of Death'.

This one was bad enough! 😁

Of course, it could very well be that, unlike this year, we'll work our way into the Europa League. Should that transpire (and I sincerely hope so) then we'll need to have all our woes sorted otherwise we'll be in for a comprehensive hiding ... just look at FC Zurich's fate this year!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Naisys Tackle

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Wee Mikey said:

...I honestly think that we will. So, please be prepared for disappointment because as much as I don't believe in 'luck', I honestly predict that we'll end up in the Conference equivalent of a World Cup 'Group of Death'.

Mikey, it can't be worse than the group we got this year; it was an absolutely balls draw; we got the very worst team from pot 2, the 2nd worst from pot 1 and RFS were not the easiest from pot 4, even if they looked like it on paper

pettigrewsstylist
2 hours ago, Wee Mikey said:

I'm just catching up on some early morning JKB reading and your attendance observation is an interesting one. Without bothering to look it up, I'd guess that, within our group, Hearts' away attendance has eclipsed all the others ... possibly all the others combined (is there a statto out there who knows the figures?).

Again, without bothering to check, it looks very much like our home attendances have been the largest within our group.

That's really encouraging, and it brings me to your second point. Barring some sort of weird injury and/or recruitment melt-down, we certainly will come back stronger next year. That, needless to say, pre-supposes that we'll qualify either by finishing in a Euro slot (preferably 3rd), or via a much deserved Scottish 🏆 victory.

I honestly think that we will. So, please be prepared for disappointment because as much as I don't believe in 'luck', I honestly predict that we'll end up in the Conference equivalent of a World Cup 'Group of Death'.

This one was bad enough! 😁

Of course, it could very well be that, unlike this year, we'll work our way into the Europa League. Should that transpire (and I sincerely hope so) then we'll need to have all our woes sorted otherwise we'll be in for a comprehensive hiding ... just look at FC Zurich's fate this year!

Since they left the Gorgie gift shop. Zurich havn't won in 14 , lost 10 of them, bottom of Swiss table?

Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

Since they left the Gorgie gift shop. Zurich havn't won in 14 , lost 10 of them, bottom of Swiss table?

Weirdly everyone in our groups is having a poor league season. 

There is probably a point to be made regarding European football and it’s effect on non-elite clubs’ squads. 

29 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Sadly, we were done over by highly paid fondue dippers, pizza gobblers, and state-funded kebab lovers; but at least our Bells Scotch Pie munching team of lazy good for nothing wasters led by a total charlatan put not one, but two over a team of giant Latvian Aukstā Zupa slurpers.

Onwards and upwards. 😉

❤️❤️G❤️

On 27/10/2022 at 18:41, gorgierulesapply88 said:

About to scran my dinner, seen the team might just watch it at hame.

How was it at home ? It was great at the stadium 

gorgierulesapply88
5 hours ago, Sooks said:

How was it at home ? It was great at the stadium 

Left at half-time, went to kingsknowe for a juice and the start of the quiz hame for 11.

On 27/10/2022 at 23:40, Luckies1874 said:

Remember the thread you started a couple of weeks back......this is a great start to the run of fixtures we have coming up. It should be the spring board confidence wise. Almost a pity we have Istanbul next week in some respects. This was the demands:

Riga (H) must win for financial reasons  

Ross County (A) minimum draw 

Motherwell (H) must win 

Livingston (H) must win 

Kilmarnock (H) must win 

St Mirren (H) must win 

Dundee Utd (A) minimum draw 

St Johnstone (A) minimum draw 

Hibs (H) must win 

I’m writing off Celtic (H) , Istanbul (A) and Rangers (A) 

So 8 league matches none of which we should be losing and 5 of which we should certainly be winning at Tynecastle. 18pts out of 24 at a minimum to remain in the job. A win over Riga also compulsory given the financial implications

Ross County (A) minimum draw  +2   this is a great result given upcoming home games

Motherwell (H) must win 

Livingston (H) must win 

Kilmarnock (H) must win 

St Mirren (H) must win 

Hibs (H) must win 

On 30/10/2022 at 17:45, Luckies1874 said:

Post the disappointing result at Pittodrie......

Ross County (A) minimum draw  +2   this is a great result given upcoming home games

Motherwell (H) must win 

Livingston (H) must win 

Kilmarnock (H) must win 

St Mirren (H) must win 

Hibs (H) must win 

Motherwell (H) must win 

Livingston (H) must win 

Kilmarnock (H) must win 

St Mirren (H) must win 

Hibs (H) must win 

I’m writing off Celtic (H) , Istanbul (A)  and Rangers (A) 

We move on to a big game at Tynecastle on Sunday. Must win.

On 03/11/2022 at 17:06, Luckies1874 said:

Motherwell (H) must win 

Livingston (H) must win 

Kilmarnock (H) must win 

St Mirren (H) must win 

Hibs (H) must win 

We move on to a big game at Tynecastle on Sunday. Must win.

Got to keep updating this!!! Superstitious! 

Motherwell (H) must win   another great win given all the circumstances 

Livingston (H) must win 

Kilmarnock (H) must win 

St Mirren (H) must win 

Hibs (H) must win 

Things are looking positive and I think yesterday will prove one of the harder games in the run of home matches especially given the red card. Wednesday is a free hit as far as I'm concerned though hopefully we can compete and not lose a goal early. Livvy on Saturday is another game we need to be winning which will put us in a very solid position coming back in mid December.