Scottish rugby

Malinga the Swinga

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's not yards, it's inches. Staying onside you can put more force into the tackle. 

Going offside you give the opponents 5 yard line outs. 

True but you subconsciously don’t want to go into a 100% tackle against a Fijian going at full pelt. 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Dawnrazor

• Malinga the Swinga

• Tazio

2 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Do you really think international players need coached on the offside line?

if they are doing it for club why would they be different for country?

my point is I understand they are playing it tight because of Fiji threat but once a couple of decisions go against them you would think they would have the intelligence to react accordingly

They ill discipline, and this isn't a new thing, our discipline issues have cost us in other games before now, is down to coaching, is "playing it tight" a Townsend decision? I'd say it is, was it coached during the week? Doesn't look like it, should they not have trained not to be off side by the coaching staff for this game if it was the game plan?

1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

They ill discipline, and this isn't a new thing, our discipline issues have cost us in other games before now, is down to coaching, is "playing it tight" a Townsend decision? I'd say it is, was it coached during the week? Doesn't look like it, should they not have trained not to be off side by the coaching staff for this game if it was the game plan?

Scotland coach saying they need to give an extra yard To stay onside

amazing the players couldn’t work that difficult equation for themselves

i am not a fan of Townsend but players know where the offside line is surely they can work it for themselves

Just now, Tazio said:

That one rearranged his internal organs. 

🤣🤣 he'll be shitting out a bit of his liver in the morning. 

Just now, merrymac said:

What a player wee Darcy us 😄😄

It’s great to see players like him and Cheslin Kolbe in teams after the last few years of enormous blunt instrument wingers. 

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

It’s great to see players like him and Cheslin Kolbe in teams after the last few years of enormous blunt instrument wingers. 

Yep skill still has a place in the game 

Its playing that ****in song when Scotland score that kills me, why the **** do they play that ****in shite?🤬🤬🤬

Just now, Dawnrazor said:

Its playing that ****in song when Scotland score that kills me, why the **** do they play that ****in shite?🤬🤬🤬

Tune!  

::troll::

1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

👍👍

we certainly 100% agree on that one 😂😂😂

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Tune!  

::troll::

I hope your piles burst you cntu😅

Malinga the Swinga

Fiji should have had a red, but that wasn't a convincing performance and won't be good enough against stronger opposition.

Disjointed (especially in 1st half), ill disciplined, and butchering so many chances.

Big improvement needed but I don't see it coming with Townsend as coach.

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Fiji should have had a red, but that wasn't a convincing performance and won't be good enough against stronger opposition.

Disjointed (especially in 1st half), ill disciplined, and butchering so many chances.

Difficult to disagree with any of that.

6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Well summed up

Captain Sausage

Lucky we had the edge in the scrum and mauls as they got us out of a lot of bother today. 

That first half was absolutely chronic. If the ref is going to be pedantic about offside, take a step back. Unreal we didn’t learn a lesson there. 

Townsend has run his race with Scotland. Time to go and get Razor. 

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Something for Scotland.

New Zealand scored every time they got within 10 yards of line. 

8 tries. 

Wales were pretty much battered in the second half.

Finn Russell on at half time this afternoon for Racing 92 in France.

Scored try, 2 penalties, 3 conversions turning 1 point deficit into 22 point win. 

Adam Hastings injured today. 

20221105_180620.jpg

Malinga the Swinga

Wales dreadful as usual against a NZ side that isn't anywhere near the strongest side they have sent over.

Now watching Ireland v SA, but again it's a poor game. Ireland and Sexton kick every bit of possession they get and get away with murder at breakdown. Ireland also constantly rolling away and accidentally impeding scrum half or guy picking ball up from back of ruck. 

They also have the thug of rugby Peter O'Mahony playing. 

I P Knightley
4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's totally unacceptable to get a yellow card just after being warned. 

Again fair play to the referee. 

Hogg's an arrogant sumbitch; it's no surprise he's the one who did it.

4 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

The same players don't commit the same infringements when playing for their clubs.

I was thinking exactly this as I was watching. And then in the second half, they cut the penalty count to 2 (I think). That would suggest to me that they're being told to do something and were then told at half time to stop doing it.

7 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Finn Russell on at half time this afternoon for Racing 92 in France.

Scored try, 2 penalties, 3 conversions turning 1 point deficit into 22 point win. 

Adam Hastings injured today. 

20221105_180620.jpg

Yup - and last week, he scored something like 23 points as well.

Real shame he's not on form enough to catch Townsend's eye. He'd love a match up against the ABs; I'm not sure that Kinghorn will be relishing it quite so much.

I P Knightley
Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

Wales dreadful as usual against a NZ side that isn't anywhere near the strongest side they have sent over.

Now watching Ireland v SA, but again it's a poor game. Ireland and Sexton kick every bit of possession they get and get away with murder at breakdown. Ireland also constantly rolling away and accidentally impeding scrum half or guy picking ball up from back of ruck. 

They also have the thug of rugby Peter O'Mahony playing. 

Sexton and O'Mahoney in the same team. I've been advised to watch my blood pressure so I'm avoiding that game.

Malinga the Swinga

Watched Wales getting smashed by an average NZ team showed me that we will struggle to keep NZ under 50 points next week. We won't miss Hastings as he is never going to cope against New Zealand's power runners anyway.

Will be interesting to see if Russell called into squad. I doubt it as Townsend too stubborn.

Ireland v SA a poor game as well. Just kick, kick, kick and if that doesn't work, kick again

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Sexton and O'Mahoney in the same team. I've been advised to watch my blood pressure so I'm avoiding that game.

The group of us watching this game have strong feelings on Sexton & O'Mahony. I will keep the language clean and leave it at that. Now Murray off, I feel a bit happier. Add Furlong to mix and there's a few Irish players who push thuggery to limit.

Is there Irish who get as pissed off at U2 getting played as there are Scottish that hate The Proclaimers getting played?!

Thunder and Lightning

£6 for a bevy at the weekend, the food is also ridiculously expensive for what it is.

Still, cracking day out on Saturday and looking forward to this Sunday.  Bank manager may call on Monday tho...

Just now, Thunder and Lightning said:

£6 for a bevy at the weekend, the food is also ridiculously expensive for what it is.

Still, cracking day out on Saturday and looking forward to this Sunday.  Bank manager may call on Monday tho...

A couple of my mates were at Twickenham and it sounded absolutely shite despite the the result 🤣

Malinga the Swinga
48 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

For me a good decision but it does make Townsend look weak.

Will he start or be brought on with 20 minutes to go and we are about 30 points behind?

Massive improvement required to avoid big defeat.

Fxxx the SPFL

First of all an apology to all you Rugby bufters out there but there sems to be a two tier society. 

Rugby roadworks in Murrayfield Road last four weeks well pavement repairs miraculously disappear for a couple of days then reappear again either side of matches.

Gorgie Road roadworks stayed there all during Hearts matchdays.

Football fan called a hooligan for causing a bit of a stooshie

Rugby fan it's just High Jinks for same offence

i rest my case

1 hour ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Got two pints from that E -Bar £17.70 plus 2 Haggis Neeps and Taties £18.00 nearly £36 quid for 2 pints of flat beer in a plastic glass and cartons of greasy mash. To be fair I got a free ticket from someone who couldn't make it. Not been to the Rugby for some time and doubt if I will be back anytime soon. Spent most of the time watching on the big screen otherwise you miss loads of the action. Contrast that to sitting in my seat in the Wheatfield yesterday with a spectacular view of all the action followed by reasonably priced bevvy in the Mill and the option of a free pie. 

Toonie gets to save face and Russell gets to come on and manufacture our first win against NZ.

Knowing Toonie he will leave him in the bench.

8 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

Got two pints from that E -Bar £17.70 plus 2 Haggis Neeps and Taties £18.00 nearly £36 quid for 2 pints of flat beer in a plastic glass and cartons of greasy mash. To be fair I got a free ticket from someone who couldn't make it. Not been to the Rugby for some time and doubt if I will be back anytime soon. Spent most of the time watching on the big screen otherwise you miss loads of the action. Contrast that to sitting in my seat in the Wheatfield yesterday with a spectacular view of all the action followed by reasonably priced bevvy in the Mill and the option of a free pie. 

So you're comparing food and drink bought inside a stadium to that bought outside and a stadium seating that's 3 times the size of Tynie?  Why?

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Will he start or be brought on with 20 minutes to go and we are about 30 points behind?

Massive improvement required to avoid big defeat.

Hopefully he starts, he played well recently and undoubtedly our best 10, but the personal rift between him and Townsend means I'd not be surprised if he comes on in the second half, sort of letting Townsend look as is he's stronger than he is. If we got beat next week and Russell didn't play he'd be under more pressure than he already is. I think this decision makes Townsend look weak, the personal dislike is well reported, he he went with playes at 10 who aren't i  the same class as Russell and it hasn't really worked, now he's went cap in hand to Russell, bad leadership for me.

2 hours ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

We were paying £5.50 for cans of Tennents at the Australia game. It is what it is though. Actually thought a fiver for my burger and onions wasn't too bad.

4 minutes ago, JWL said:

We were paying £5.50 for cans of Tennents at the Australia game. It is what it is though. Actually thought a fiver for my burger and onions wasn't too bad.

A fiver for a burger is bloody good, it was 27 quid for 3 burgers at the AJ Bell Stadium a fortnight ago.

43 minutes ago, 132goals1958 said:

I often think the Murrayfield experience is a poor one. If you are seated at the end of a row and you’re in the lower tiers, you’ll spend your entire afternoon having your view blocked by people who’re up and down for food and drink or the toilet seemingly five or six times in the 80 minutes. Especially if it’s one of the autumn tests, where half of the crowd seems to consist of people who have no interest whatsoever in watching the game. And don’t get me started on the completely shite, over-the-top, cringeworthy PA announcements and ear-splittingly loud bursts of music when there’s a score. Kills any hint of a real atmosphere. From what I hear from other Six Nations grounds on TV, it’s a lot more dignified and less americanised.

Tynecastle is an infinitely better spectator experience.