• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Dawnrazor

• Malinga the Swinga

• Tazio

:vrface:You really do have to laugh at just how bad that is. Total ill discipline and zero accountability. Losing points at home whilst a team is down to 12 men. Woeful.

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Finn Russell masterclass.

Coaching manuals being rewritten. 

I'd rather watch Russell than Biggar(brutal), Sexton(structured kicking), Smith/Farell both crap! I know Russell makes mistakes but it's what rugby's about. Our game management needs to be better.

Malinga the Swinga

Good win and Argentina can have no complaints about red card. 

Russell is simply different to all other UK no 10's. Plays with smile on face, tries so many different things and while they don't always work, when they do it's great to watch.

He can't be left out world cup squad.

Overall I do think there were positives.

Obviously some of the details. Unnecessary careless knock on led  to that last 8 minutes defending on the line. The 10 minutes versus 12 men (7-7 score). 2 line outs lost out of the blue. 

But the positive attacking intent. One of best back lines in world rugby. 

2 hours ago, Tazio said:

Argentina are no mugs and managed something this year that we’ve never managed and beat the All Blacks. 
The England - NZ match is evens for me, could easily go either way. 

Argentina proved to be mugs! Weren't disciplined enough. NZ aren't the team they were so you may be right, could go either way.

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

What an attack Scotland have. Graham is class.

We've got some brilliant players, Hogg Graham Russell Ritchie, it's amazing we can't do better.

1 minute ago, Dawnrazor said:

We've got some brilliant players, Hogg Graham Russell Ritchie, it's amazing we can't do better.

We can, it's down to GT that we can't. The big Winger DVDM is absolutely frightening with ball in hand Screenshot_20221119-174056.thumb.png.b950aabc582c73c4dc5b265553d556af.png

48 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I'd rather watch Russell than Biggar(brutal), Sexton(structured kicking), Smith/Farell both crap! I know Russell makes mistakes but it's what rugby's about. Our game management needs to be better.

Sorry to go back a few weeks,but I only caught highlights of England v. Argentina.

Please tell me England lost because Farrell wanted to keep his personal points tally ticking along rather than letting the forwards get potential rolling maul tries.

Malinga the Swinga
Just now, DETTY29 said:

Sorry to go back a few weeks,but I only caught highlights of England v. Argentina.

Please tell me England lost because Farrell wanted to keep his personal points tally ticking along rather than letting the forwards get potential rolling maul tries.

England lost to Argentina cause they don't have a 10 like Russell, they played against 15 men all game and their coach has limited game plan.

Same limitations will always hinder them as they can't deviate from plan A.

6 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Not sure about the Farrell points stuff. I was talking about Fly Half's and he's dreadful. He's a poor player overall IMO.

I P Knightley
54 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

The game hasn't had someone like him for years. As you say, most fly halves are clinical, structured and dull or annoying to watch. 

I've been trying to explain to Knightley Minor how much I used to enjoy watching Townshend playing for Scotland. There was often a buzz when he got his hands on the ball. However, I don't think he electrified the crowd as much as Finn. I have a feeling that opposition teams might feel short changed if they come up against Scotland with Kinghorn or Hastings playing #10. Games are better to watch when he plays. He doesn't guarantee a Scotland win but he entertains with his skill and flair. 

I P Knightley
2 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Not sure about the Farrell points stuff. I was talking about Fly Half's and he's dreadful. He's a poor player overall IMO.

Farrell is good but massively overhyped. He's no better than Hastings. 

Similar with Smith. Because he's young with bouncy hair, they all think he's the second coming. 

3 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

The game hasn't had someone like him for years. As you say, most fly halves are clinical, structured and dull or annoying to watch. 

I've been trying to explain to Knightley Minor how much I used to enjoy watching Townshend playing for Scotland. There was often a buzz when he got his hands on the ball. However, I don't think he electrified the crowd as much as Finn. I have a feeling that opposition teams might feel short changed if they come up against Scotland with Kinghorn or Hastings playing #10. Games are better to watch when he plays. He doesn't guarantee a Scotland win but he entertains with his skill and flair. 

Russell does my head in at times but what a player! I wish we could manage games better especially in the oppositions 22. Ireland are good at it. We play the best rugby in the 6N but let ourselves down with silly mistakes and poor judgement. 

1 minute ago, I P Knightley said:

Similar with Smith. Because he's young with bouncy hair, they all think he's the second coming. 

Smith has been brilliant for 'quins but can't carry that form in internationals, down to the dictatorial coaching of Eddie Jones, I've seen Smith a couple of times against Sale Sharks, he's great to watch. I agree about Farrell though, he's just the robotic type of player Jones likes.

4 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Typical English hype. Love the comment about Smith's hair 😂. I've said the same thing myself.

VR will be big for nostalgic reasons. When the world is underwater or in flames and folk want to relive dry land.

Edited by ri Alban

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

VR will be big for nostalgic reasons. When the world is underwater or in flames and folk want to relive dry land.

You pished?

1 minute ago, Luckies1874 said:

England scrum half having a good game 🤣

They are getting trounced. Never tire of seeing that in any sport.

Eddie Jones doing a good job! 😂

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Rugby Union is an odd sport. So many games are so heavily influenced by sinbinning. I know rules are rules but I see too much of it which isn’t 15 v 15 and is skewed as a result 

3 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

image.png.e70b3f74da3863acf8db0b470a85aeb3.png

I totally agree with this man.

Edinburgh Clowncil, pandering to the upper classes?

Who runs the council?

Just now, Roxy Hearts said:

NZ invited that! Why didn't they want to play against an awful English team? They gave England the ball all game.

They shouldn't buried England, that last kick was a big mistake.

gorgierulesapply88
7 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Who runs the council?

Previous to the current lot? The SNP. Won't see many changes with this lot tho.

The remembrance service has been hard to hear the last 2-3 years, the club should be kicking up a **** about this. Happy to divert/re-route traffic for egg chasers but not for 45minutes once a year.