• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Dawnrazor

• Malinga the Swinga

• Tazio

8 minutes ago, briever said:

Lets hope Kinghorn isn't crocked in the first 5mins - Ross Thompson has played 22mins of rugby this season.

Has he been injured? I was impressed with him last season, but then Glasgow have been playing another young player at 10 early in the season, and I wasn't sure why Thompson wasn't featuring.

5 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

Has he been injured? I was impressed with him last season, but then Glasgow have been playing another young player at 10 early in the season, and I wasn't sure why Thompson wasn't featuring.

Yes, injured in summer.

Malinga the Swinga
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Where's Hogg?

Only Scottish based players guaranteed to be released for this Saturday as game outside international window so players not released automatically by clubs. Hogg not released by Exeter. 

Rest of games inside agreed window so Hogg and other English based players have to be released.

36 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Only Scottish based players guaranteed to be released for this Saturday as game outside international window so players not released automatically by clubs. Hogg not released by Exeter. 

Rest of games inside agreed window so Hogg and other English based players have to be released.

👍

Malinga the Swinga

Ali Price gives me the fear. Too slow in clearing ball. Forwards should have got ball to backs when they couldn't get immediate try 

You can't afford to let the ball be held up. Chucked away points as result 

11 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Ali Price gives me the fear. Too slow in clearing ball. Forwards should have got ball to backs when they couldn't get immediate try 

You can't afford to let the ball be held up. Chucked away points as result 

Their scrum half was defending one out , any big man against him and it’s a try instead we batter away against their strength 

Malinga the Swinga

If only we had a top class Scottish fly half who can handle pressure kicks. Oh, wait we do but our prick of a coach won't pick him. 

Well, as long as Townsend allowed to carry on, we will need to get used to losing.

Never ever ever learn anything. Simply can't get out of their own way when it comes to the crunch moments.

2 abysmal missed kicks at this level, either of which wins us the game. 

2 terrible line outs in good position at pivotal moments. 

A horrendous miscommunication to receive a poor opposition kick to touch. 

Continual indiscipline.

Absolute Groundhog Day. 

Captain Sausage

Townsend can get to absolute ****. And take Blair Kinghorn with him. 

Wasting the best squad in a generation on his vanity flyhalf project and a stubborn refusal to integrate our best player. 

We will look back on this squad and wish we had a semi competent coach who could’ve done something productive with them. Absolute cast iron guarantee we are failing to qualify from the group stages in either World Cup under Townsend.

11 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Townsend can get to absolute ****. And take Blair Kinghorn with him. 

Wasting the best squad in a generation on his vanity flyhalf project and a stubborn refusal to integrate our best player. 

We will look back on this squad and wish we had a semi competent coach who could’ve done something productive with them. Absolute cast iron guarantee we are failing to qualify from the group stages in either World Cup under Townsend.

We're the Belgians of Rugby.

Wasted the golden generation.

Edited by BudgeUp

20 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Should have been a red card too. 

Would have been harsh where else was he meant to tackle/clear him, he had his head right down.

I understand the rules, but the game is suffering because of them.

53 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

So many self inflicted mistakes by Scotland will cost them game.

correct call unfortunately.

Australia were poor, and we managed to be worse.

1 minute ago, merrymac said:

Would have been harsh where else was he meant to tackle/clear him, he had his head right down.

I understand the rules, but the game is suffering because of them.

The simple law change is clearing out at a tackle needs to be done from a stationary position.

Most teams now do that or one or two steps. Coming in at speed from distance is asking for trouble.

Just now, BudgeUp said:

The simple law change is clearing out at a tackle needs to be done from a stationary position.

Most teams now do that or one or two steps. Coming in at speed from distance is asking for trouble.

Hard to do from a stationary position, as the very act of clearing out requires momentum. The whole tackle area needs a rethink/ complete overhaul. They have tried to solve  one problem and created another

5 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Hard to do from a stationary position, as the very act of clearing out requires momentum. The whole tackle area needs a rethink/ complete overhaul. They have tried to solve  one problem and created another

Momentum helps but the modern age players do a lot of strength training, which to be honest has caused the issue we're now facing. 

Rugby players are massive now, much more massive than pre Lomu. Hits became more severe, injuries became worse.

I love rugby but in years to come o think the game will change significantly I don't think it will be for the better.

Malinga the Swinga

We left points out on the pitch with missed kicks and refusal to take 3 points on first half.

We blew try in first half with stupid call by forwards to keep the ball before blowing 2 in second half with a knock on (led to yellow card) and a pass by Kinghorn that went 5 yards over Ritchie's head when better pass would have led to clear run to line.

We also concede far too many penalties. It cost us in last 2 six Nations and we haven't learned any lessons since then.

Townsend is head coach and we are regressing at speed with a squad of players that are capable of so much more.

Players look like they don't understand what is being asked of them. If that isn't the case, then players are being asked the wrong things.

Just now, BudgeUp said:

Momentum helps but the modern age players do a lot of strength training, which to be honest has caused the issue we're now facing. 

Rugby players are massive now, much more massive than pre Lomu. Hits became more severe, injuries became worse.

I love rugby but in years to come o think the game will change significantly I don't think it will be for the better.

Agree mate i wonder where the game will go in the future? Are we heading for helmets and pads ala NFL?

All I know is I don't watch as much rugby as I used to much prefer a game of R League now, with some more normal sized humans

9 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

We left points out on the pitch with missed kicks and refusal to take 3 points on first half.

We blew try in first half with stupid call by forwards to keep the ball before blowing 2 in second half with a knock on (led to yellow card) and a pass by Kinghorn that went 5 yards over Ritchie's head when better pass would have led to clear run to line.

We also concede far too many penalties. It cost us in last 2 six Nations and we haven't learned any lessons since then.

Townsend is head coach and we are regressing at speed with a squad of players that are capable of so much more.

Players look like they don't understand what is being asked of them. If that isn't the case, then players are being asked the wrong things.

TBF to Kinghorn, Ritchie should have stayed much wider to make it an easier pass for him.

its been clear for a year or so that Townsend is finished, but we stumble on with an underachieving squad of talented players

My sons Rugby League team had their presentation evening last last night and the game was on a big screen, it was just bloody great being the only Scotsman in the club when the kick was missed!!

I had to do some serious "drowning of sorrows" and considering the dirty looks and the silent treatment I'm getting from the wife this morning I must've been quite successful at it.

16 hours ago, merrymac said:

TBF to Kinghorn, Ritchie should have stayed much wider to make it an easier pass for him.

its been clear for a year or so that Townsend is finished, but we stumble on with an underachieving squad of talented players

Kinghorn isn't a remotely reliable kicker, doesn't kick for his club, has no confidence in his kicking, but apparently this is the 10 that's better that Russell now.  Too close to the RWC now, but Toonie needs to go after it, we've got no spark, no creativity and he's just serving up dross now.  Beating England now and then isn't enough.

And ironically this autumn series is the weakest the All Blacks have been for years and could have given us out first ever victory over them potentially. 

2 hours ago, briever said:

Kinghorn isn't a remotely reliable kicker, doesn't kick for his club, has no confidence in his kicking, but apparently this is the 10 that's better that Russell now.  Too close to the RWC now, but Toonie needs to go after it, we've got no spark, no creativity and he's just serving up dross now.  Beating England now and then isn't enough.

Pretty much sums it up

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

And ironically this autumn series is the weakest the All Blacks have been for years and could have given us out first ever victory over them potentially. 

Before yesterday I predicted defeats to Australia and Argentina.

Wins against Fiji and New Zealand.

I still stand by that prediction...

Malinga the Swinga

Bear in mind Russell wouldn't have played yesterday, even if in squad, as SRU organised game outside of agreed international window.

However, we threw away victory against Argentina and yesterday because, well because of ill-discipline and a shit game game plan.

VDM and Darcy Graham barely received a pass all game. Two fantastic wingers and not a hint of a move to get them the ball on outside.

We will win next week and Townsend will say we have improved, but it's Cotters Fiji in opposition and they aren't a great side.

6 defeats in last 9 games is a poor record and I don't see us getting better before world cup.

If we do fail to get out of group, then Townsend has to go immediately.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I’ve always thought that one of the traits of the Townsend era has been the habit of giving away brainless penalties and making brainless mistakes. He’s never got on top of that and he’s never even seemed bothered about it.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s great that we play Aus and it’s not a foregone conclusion but in saying that, this Scotland squad is really good and should be competing 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
52 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Bear in mind Russell wouldn't have played yesterday, even if in squad, as SRU organised game outside of agreed international window.

However, we threw away victory against Argentina and yesterday because, well because of ill-discipline and a shit game game plan.

VDM and Darcy Graham barely received a pass all game. Two fantastic wingers and not a hint of a move to get them the ball on outside.

We will win next week and Townsend will say we have improved, but it's Cotters Fiji in opposition and they aren't a great side.

6 defeats in last 9 games is a poor record and I don't see us getting better before world cup.

If we do fail to get out of group, then Townsend has to go immediately.

Scotland’s discipline under Townsend has always been utterly abysmal