• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mikey1874

• Dawnrazor

• Malinga the Swinga

• Tazio

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

If you’re not watching I’d recommend turning over to Fiji-Portugal. Mental game. 

Isn't it🤣 great viewing though.

Malinga the Swinga

Ref spots 10  & 12 offside at line out. Where's this guy been all the tournament, particularly when Ireland playing? Oh wait, he's penalising Portugal so different rules apply.

Malinga the Swinga
On 07/10/2023 at 22:01, Malinga the Swinga said:

There's always hope. Will be Barnes that gets the game

I wish it was as easy to pick lottery numbers. Refa announced and Wayne, I'm part of the entertainment, Barnes get Ireland game. 

I'll go for him listening to Sexton throughout game and spoiling the 80 minutes with his pish talk and style.

Games goosed if him and O'Keeffe considered worthy of this stage, although Peyper getting game to ruin is laughable. Wales v Argentina will be reffed with a shrug of shoulders and toss of a coin as Jacko struggles to keep up.

Malinga the Swinga
58 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Agreed! What's he said now?

Going on about the draw, Wales and generally confirming his dick status.

13 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I don't know if it's true, but he said Wales didn't complain about the 2015 draw but, in the comments on the BBC article about it, someone quotes (I assume him) doing exactly that in 2014.

1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Same stuff then! Wales are pish and lucky.

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Dupont (and Farrell) both start. 

England had been playing slightly better rugby without Farrell, until Samoa game.

Hopefully his return will lead to them being knocked out although I fear ref will make it impossible for Fiji to get through.

Malinga the Swinga

Also nice to see those friendly Irish fans falling out over singing of Zombie. It appears our friends from the South and those of republican feelings in North are not particularly happy at the sing being sung and have called it out as pro Brit and anti nationalist.

Strange as our resident Irish contributor likes to portray all sweetness and light about the Irish when the reality is far darker and more unpalatable.

Come on New Zealand.

New Town Loafer
44 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Also nice to see those friendly Irish fans falling out over singing of Zombie. It appears our friends from the South and those of republican feelings in North are not particularly happy at the sing being sung and have called it out as pro Brit and anti nationalist.

Strange as our resident Irish contributor likes to portray all sweetness and light about the Irish when the reality is far darker and more unpalatable.

Come on New Zealand.

Agreed. Hope NZ win but can’t see past Ireland. 

1 minute ago, New Town Loafer said:

Agreed. Hope NZ win but can’t see past Ireland. 

I'll be both happy and singing "Zombie" either way.

All Blacks by 10.

New Town Loafer
47 minutes ago, Ulysses said:

I'll be both happy and singing "Zombie" either way.

All Blacks by 10.

I’ve got Ireland by 10 imo.

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Dupont (and Farrell) both start. 

Great selection by England.

Motoring on nicely with Ford at 10 (a better all round 10 than Farrell in my opinion) and big Freddie Steward at 15. Get to their first crunch game, against team that handed them their arses at home not so long ago, so what do they do? Bring in 'Shoulders' at 10 and put their third fly-half (should be second) at full-back whilst dropping Steward (England player of the year for the last 2 years) entirely.

I don't know whether that's incompetence or arrogance but I really hope it blows up in their faces.

Matt Dawson predicted a northern hemisphere clean sweep for the QFs. My head (unfortunately) agrees with him but you just know that England and Wales have the capacity to feck it up whilst FRA v RSA and IRE v NZL (the matches that should be semi-finals) are way too close to call.

53 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Great selection by England.

Motoring on nicely with Ford at 10 (a better all round 10 than Farrell in my opinion) and big Freddie Steward at 15. Get to their first crunch game, against team that handed them their arses at home not so long ago, so what do they do? Bring in 'Shoulders' at 10 and put their third fly-half (should be second) at full-back whilst dropping Steward (England player of the year for the last 2 years) entirely.

I don't know whether that's incompetence or arrogance but I really hope it blows up in their faces.

Matt Dawson predicted a northern hemisphere clean sweep for the QFs. My head (unfortunately) agrees with him but you just know that England and Wales have the capacity to feck it up whilst FRA v RSA and IRE v NZL (the matches that should be semi-finals) are way too close to call.

Is that FRA, ENG, WAL, IRL, but a couple of close calls?

FRA, ENG, WAL, NZ, but a couple of close calls is my guess.

But yep, I'd agree with you about what the semi-final line-up should be.

It really is a complete feck up by World Rugby. Scotland, at this moment, are better than Wales, Argentina, Fiji and England but we aren't involved in the quarters. Either France or SA aren't going to be involved in the semi's but Wales or Argentina and either England or Fiji are!!!??? Absolute shambles. Anyway, I'll be full on Kilted Kiwi tomorrow evening.

New Town Loafer

This Ireland team, incidentally, is the best drilled side I’ve ever seen in my life. It doesn’t necessarily have the world class operators that other great teams in the past have had - albeit they have some superb individuals - but by jove do they play their system impeccably.

49 minutes ago, New Town Loafer said:

This Ireland team, incidentally, is the best drilled side I’ve ever seen in my life. It doesn’t necessarily have the world class operators that other great teams in the past have had - albeit they have some superb individuals - but by jove do they play their system impeccably.

Yep!

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, New Town Loafer said:

I agree but, despite this, my neighbour, Bob the Gob from (Oh My God, they) Kilkenny is as twitchy as could be about this match as could be. And, boy, does Bob know (and talk) a lot about his rugby. Bob's the guy who interrupted Serge Betsen who was busy giving a group of young lads (under 9 or so) some insights to the game so that Bob, himself, could give his thoughts :biglaugh:

OK, that was overstepping the mark but I do respect Bob's insight to the game and, if he's nervous, there's hope for the ABs.

I P Knightley
3 hours ago, Ulysses said:

Is that FRA, ENG, WAL, IRL, but a couple of close calls?

FRA, ENG, WAL, NZ, but a couple of close calls is my guess.

But yep, I'd agree with you about what the semi-final line-up should be.

Correct.

The close calls, in Dawson's tiny mind, are FRA and IRL. His little ENG boys are, of course, going to romp it. I really, really, really hope they get pumped rotten!

2 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Wins for Wales Ireland England France.

Yup. But only just in a couple of cases.

1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

Wins for Wales Ireland England France.

What an absolute debacle if Wales and England win. 2 rotten teams who happened to get lucky draws.

5 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

What an absolute debacle if Wales and England win. 2 rotten teams who happened to get lucky draws.

I agree, but I think they'll win.

Malinga the Swinga

First win for Scotland women over South Africa in world tier 2 match today. They play USA and Japan next. They've started putting decent run of results together in last few games. Hopefully they carry on.

32 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

First win for Scotland women over South Africa in world tier 2 match today. They play USA and Japan next. They've started putting decent run of results together in last few games. Hopefully they carry on.

Superb!

I'd say Ireland could be No1 in the world for a while, Blackrock beat Sedbrgh today by about forty points today, my god they were different gravy, seriously seriously good.