*** Official Aberdeen fc v Heart of Midlothian v Match day thread***

Bazzas right boot

Clark Griswold
1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

If we lose a number of games in December he will be in trouble,  as will we be.

But imo we won't, we'll pick up lots of points. 

Still think we’ll finish third? 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Harry Potter

• GinRummy

• neilnunb

20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

No I think you as an individual are incapable of abstract thought , or processing the contributing factors of poor results . I believe this results in you lashing out at any one who is more emotionally stable than your self , and leads to you sniping at them out of a lack of mental capacity to separate emotional responses from logic .

The other guy is just quite clearly not a Hearts fan 

Haha. What a total front bum you are. We are only talking about football and you’ve written me off as some sort of emotional inadequate. When there’s nothing left in your silly argument other than an attempted character assassination, or a poor attempt at one shows you never had much of a point in the first place. 

Getting harder and harder every week justifying your set in stone point of view though. Let’s hope you don’t have to back your man too much longer or god forbid you actually change your mind. That is allowed you know. Things happen and then you change your opinion. It’s not a horse race where you pick your nag and no matter what you have to stick with it. 

I’m no big fan of Neilson but he sent out a team that created enough chances to win two games! He just can’t legislate for the absolute sitters that Cochrane and Shankland missed today.

22 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Is it when you should be so far ahead of the crap you are playing .

But can't even match work rate , desire,

I can take getting beat.

But against pish like that today.

And the draw at hibs ,when I can guarantee, give them player's to a coach that can motivate these lads. 

And we win both games easy.

Look at our history and it will show you that our achievements have rarely matched our expectations.

seriously, have a look.

Was hoping we would have kicked on this season, but the injury gods have cast their spell on us again

1 hour ago, Hmfc1965 said:

Serious answer: I don’t know but sometimes as a manager you have to be pragmatic. 

We seem to play the same style/ formation regardless of circumstances. 

Ignoring for the moment it means everyone knows how we play, it's nonsensical when we have so many out.

We continually lose goals that teams way below us, not just in the Premiership,  wouldn't. 

fair point

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Haha. What a total front bum you are. We are only talking about football and you’ve written me off as some sort of emotional inadequate. When there’s nothing left in your silly argument other than an attempted character assassination, or a poor attempt at one shows you never had much of a point in the first place. 

Getting harder and harder every week justifying your set in stone point of view though. Let’s hope you don’t have to back your man too much longer or god forbid you actually change your mind. That is allowed you know. Things happen and then you change your opinion. It’s not a horse race where you pick your nag and no matter what you have to stick with it. 

Fair enough , that was a very emotionally lucid and balanced post , free of any lashing out . I am convinced now . If you do not want my replies to you , then do not quote me every time you feel a little hormonal 

6 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I’m no big fan of Neilson but he sent out a team that created enough chances to win two games! He just can’t legislate for the absolute sitters that Cochrane and Shankland missed today.

Or two blatant cheating or incompetent, refereeing decisions that went against us.

2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Every ****ing week it would appear!  It’s a learning curve but he never seems to learn!

It actually astonishes me that everybody can see it but the ones that matter

7 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Shankland was honking. Still don’t see what Neilson sees in him. 

2 minutes ago, sac said:

Look at our history and it will show you that our achievements have rarely matched our expectations.

seriously, have a look.

Was hoping we would have kicked on this season, but the injury gods have cast their spell on us again

I've just said I can take getting beat if we show , 100% effort in both games.

That's the problem. 

Just now, Sooks said:

Fair enough , that was a very emotionally lucid and balanced post , free of any lashing out . I am convinced now . If you do not want my replies to you , then do not quote me every time you feel a little hormonal 

You can reply to me any time you like. My original post was that you’ve moved smoothly from backing Robbie to slating posters you don’t think are hearts fans or who’s opinions don’t  match your own. As evidenced by your reply to me earlier. Not a hint of a balanced opinion on Robbie’s tactics or any other shortcomings he may have. Nothing about his fairly obvious lack of motivational skills. Zero, just Neilson is brilliant then - this pace stinks. 

3 minutes ago, Gorillajam said:

Shankland was honking. Still don’t see what Neilson sees in him. 

This guy is an Aberdeen fan. Been confirmed about 4 transfer windows ago. 

12 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

He signed these player's. 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I've just said I can take getting beat if we show , 100% effort in both games.

That's the problem. 

Take our chances today and we win.

we didn’t and it cost us. That’s fitba

2 hours ago, liam11 said:

I get an awful feeling these players don’t play for Robbie anymore.

That looked to be the case with Jack Ross at Dundee united. The united board took action, ours won’t 

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

You can reply to me any time you like. My original post was that you’ve moved smoothly from backing Robbie to slating posters you don’t think are hearts fans or who’s opinions don’t  match your own. As evidenced by your reply to me earlier. Not a hint of a balanced opinion on Robbie’s tactics or any other shortcomings he may have. Nothing about his fairly obvious lack of motivational skills. Zero, just Neilson is brilliant then - this pace stinks. 

No I never said that at all . You are just emotionally unstable and unable to handle anyone taking other factors in to account , when discussing poor results . You are also probably a few drinks in , judging by the lack of accuracy when assessing others , and your overly emotional diatribe 

Just now, sac said:

You believe that we lost that game today because of chances missed ?

Or did Aberdeen want it that bit more than us.

Thunder and Lightning
44 minutes ago, Sooks said:

No I think you as an individual are incapable of abstract thought , or processing the contributing factors of poor results . I believe this results in you lashing out at any one who is more emotionally stable than your self , and leads to you sniping at them out of a lack of mental capacity to separate emotional responses from logic .

The other guy is just quite clearly not a Hearts fan 

Self indulgent much.

Thunder and Lightning
3 minutes ago, sac said:

But we didn't, so we lost.  low level whataboutery

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

The former

Just now, Sooks said:

No I never said that at all . You are just emotionally unstable and unable to handle anyone taking other factors in to account , when discussing poor results . You are also probably a few drinks in , judging by the lack of accuracy when assessing others , and your overly emotional diatribe 

One post ago you said I was emotionally balanced and lucid. I then point out (again) you’ve jumped directly from backing Robbie to pulling up posters for not fitting your standard and all of a sudden I’m a jibbering wreck again. 

Criticise Robbie Neilson. Go on, do it, he’s not perfect. Give me one bit of balance. I’ve praised him numerous times in the past so it’s not as if I don’t attempt a balanced opinion. 

We matched them for 70 odd mins and should have been a couple of goals to the good, and that's with us playing in Italy less than 3 days before and without a defence. We tired and started to look ragged which is expected.

We are more than good enough to beat them with our best team on the pitch.

If we have a settled decent defence it sets the tone for the whole team as it did for Aberdeen. My biggest criticism is our backup defenders seem to be lacking any defensive qualities and are designed to be good on the ball. Defend first then worry about the rest.

I think we are stuck in this situation until Halkett is back and October was always going to be awful. If we don't come out firing on all cylinders after the world cup then questions can be asked. He won't be going any sooner than that so calm your tits.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

If we’d taken 3 of the gilt edged chances we had,  or even 2 of them, would we have still lost?🤔

That said, Robbie continuing to make the same mistakes in his line ups week in, week out is ****ing infuriating now!

IveSeenTheLight
4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I think a draw would have been a fair result.

Hearts we’re the better team in the first half, Aberdeen in the second.

Thunder and Lightning
1 minute ago, sac said:

So let’s hear your expert opinion 

In keeping with your intellectual input.  If we signed all the Arsenal players we would get better results.

easy eh

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, jambopilms said:

We matched them for 70 odd mins and should have been a couple of goals to the good, and that's with us playing in Italy less than 3 days before and without a defence. We tired and started to look ragged which is expected.

We are more than good enough to beat them with our best team on the pitch.

If we have a settled decent defence it sets the tone for the whole team as it did for Aberdeen. My biggest criticism is our backup defenders seem to be lacking any defensive qualities and are designed to be good on the ball. Defend first then worry about the rest.

I think we are stuck in this situation until Halkett is back and October was always going to be awful. If we don't come out firing on all cylinders after the world cup then questions can be asked. He won't be going any sooner than that so calm your tits.

There’s no doubt we need Halkett and Rowles but let’s not pretend everything was rosey at the back when they were playing.  We still weren’t keeping clean sheets, only one this season I think in the league.  

2 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

In keeping with your intellectual input.  If we signed all the Arsenal players we would get better results.

easy eh

Revolutionary 

6 minutes ago, IveSeenTheLight said:

I think a draw would have been a fair result.

Hearts we’re the better team in the first half, Aberdeen in the second.

What about the through on goal chance duk had 1st half we are lucky we have Gordon, or it could of been 3/4 today we had good possession but didn't do anything with it.

You guys wanted it at 0-0 you could see the game swinging in Aberdeen favour.

The second goal is actually comedy stuff , the guy that plays the ball is injured and we stand off him. 

No way did we deserve a draw you don't get draws for passing the football mate,the team that wanted to get closer to 3rd place won.

Not an individual piece of class just work rate and desire.

The Aberdeen player's showed application and won it down to that. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

One post ago you said I was emotionally balanced and lucid. I then point out (again) you’ve jumped directly from backing Robbie to pulling up posters for not fitting your standard and all of a sudden I’m a jibbering wreck again. 

Criticise Robbie Neilson. Go on, do it, he’s not perfect. Give me one bit of balance. I’ve praised him numerous times in the past so it’s not as if I don’t attempt a balanced opinion. 

Must have been a typo then . I meant you are emotionally unbalanced

IveSeenTheLight
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

What about the throw on goal chance duk had 1st half we are lucky we have Gordon, or it could of been 3/4 today we had good possession but didn't do anything with it.

You guys wanted it at 0-0 you could see the game swinging in Aberdeen favour.

The second goal is actually comedy stuff , the guy that plays the ball is injured and we stand off him. 

No way did we deserve a draw you don't get draw for passing the football mate,the team that wanted to get closer to 3rd place won.

Not an individual piece of class just work rate and desire.

The Aberdeen player's showed application and won it down to that. 

It’s a fair point and we also had 2 pen shouts in the first half too.

That said Hearts also had very good chances and had they been taken, we may not have recovered.

Thats why I think overall a draw would have been fair and neither team would have complained

1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Must have been a typo then . I meant you are emotionally unbalanced

Very good. Just keep sniping at everyone until Neilson musters up a win then you can kid on you were right all along. 

Thunder and Lightning
2 minutes ago, sac said:

Revolutionary 

Maybe we can apply your insight that if we score all our shots in a game we win to other games?

Have you worked out how many league titles and Cups we would have won with that amazing comment?

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Very good. Just keep sniping at everyone until Neilson musters up a win then you can kid on you were right all along. 

And you have a pint of water before bed time 

17 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Well your second sentence is complete bollocks.

Edited by DETTY29

52 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

At least with Devlin back we can surely pick 3 from Kio, Grant, Snodgrass &  Devlin and hope to get at least some kind of foothold in the middle of the park against Celtic? Or play all bloody 4 with Grant in behind Shanks & Humphreys up front. I would be benching McKay & Forrest. We've played with both wide recently and done NOTHING. 

Kio, Grant and Snodgrass are all utterly awful football players who should be nowhere near the starting 11 at Hearts. 

Thanks Robbie. 

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

And you have a pint of water before bed time 

Another condescending statement from a man who has no argument left. 👍

6 minutes ago, Thunder and Lightning said:

Maybe we can apply your insight that if we score all our shots in a game we win to other games?

Have you worked out how many league titles and Cups we would have won with that amazing comment?

If you can send me the March reports since 1874, I’ll try

3 hours ago, the_jailer said:

But it’s not Neilson’s fault 😂 

I’d love to see Pep or Jurgen doing it in his place. Imagine 8 first team players out? On you go son 🤞🏻

Missed chances, sitters. Fairly objective stuff.

Opposition wanted it more. Less clear. 

Choose whichever suits your mindset

3 hours ago, DS98 said:

The injuries excuse can only go so far. We have had really bad luck with injuries but why were we so light in key positions in the first place? It’s tempting fate. We weren’t forced to go into the season with 2 centre halfs and 2 strikers. It was obviously a conscious decision. 

Hindsight is 20/20, but to be fair folk were saying the same thing before today. On the other and the defence is only one part of the team, our midfield which is part of the defence, has been gutted and we had three strikers until Boyce got injured.  

For what it's worth I have been a Hearts supporter for 60 years and I can't recall ever seeing so many injuries to crucial players at one time before. 

Edited by upgotheheads

3 hours ago, Bazzas right boot said:

And If not he will be sacked,  but imo  we'll be in about 3rd, if not actually 3rd by the time we play hibs at New year. 

3 hours ago, billybalfour said:

This isn't really making an excuse for Robbie.It is just a simple fact unless we hit another disastrous injury spell

3 hours ago, H2 said:

!Believe

3 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

lewis Neilson has been thrown in too early and that’s due to players being injured. It is what it is. Get to World Cup break and get players back and we will climb up the table no problem 

A sense of perspective, thank **** for that.

1 hour ago, Skacelsid said:

Spot on, we lose our defensive shape far  too easily, our players are not disciplined in that respect, it is not rocket science and we have defence minded coach/coaching. Kingsley should be LB and LB only which is obvious to all but our coaching staff. Defensive mid do not do their job, Devlin is missing but although committed he is a ball chaser. More secure at the back, Mckay back too form, take our chances and we are not far away. Humphrys can be a player for us, Shankland needs the confidence of a goal. What I would give for a Colin Cameron with this lot.

Totally agree. The full backs were getting pulled over the place. I know he's getting on now but Michael Smith at a conventional right back would have been a better preposition. Cammy would have certainly got about them today. I like Humphrys but sometimes he can be a little greedy and runs into trouble. The annoying thing about today is that Aberdeen were there for the taking, they're not a great side and a hearts team with a little confidence should be putting them to the sword.

2 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

with the personnel out through injury what manager could come in and change it ? Serious question. It’s down to the bare bones

The tacticians can call the formation what they want but what is getting me is we can not even organise ourselves into a tight defensive unit when teams are attacking .sibbick has not performed in the heart of defence since signing and quite clearly terribly defended both Sheep goals ! I know we’re down to bare bones but very tactically nieve . When Halliday was taken off the defensive formation should  have been changed to get young Neilson into heart of the unit and sibbick. Should have went to the right ( sad to say but out the way ) for Robbie having been a defender himself not to see our downfalls is criminal .  Calling any player a wing back is giving them the lasy option on their work rate ! For F—- sake get back to basics Hearts 

alicante jambo

Ive just got home that was a long fecking day. First hslf thought we played good with plenty of fight in us . 2nd half they wanted it more. Im more pissed off with the sitters we are missing this is on the players. Cochrane and shankland have to score. Thought we should have had a penalty with keeper bringing down humphries but was difficult to see. We never seem to learn though with the same mistakes week in week out. Giving the ball away. Sibbick done well today the boy has been given stick but he can hold his head high. Really thought we had them but they took their chances we never really is that simple. Big thumbs up to portobello hearts who kindly let us on their bus today.

wattie exploited

We are ****ing shit of late get Nelson to **** we will be lucky not to be in the bottom 2 at this rate 

17 minutes ago, wattie exploited said:

We are ****ing shit of late get Nelson to **** we will be lucky not to be in the bottom 2 at this rate 

Wattie nails it as usual... 👍🏻