*** Official Aberdeen fc v Heart of Midlothian v Match day thread***

Bazzas right boot

4 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Again, he’s flunked it by not playing Smith. Would he do any worse than Kio?  I know the lad would be more relentless in his running and look to get forward too, unless instructed not to.  

Neilson has yet again not trusted him when we could’ve been more competitive in the middle.  I thought it would’ve been a good game for him to play with Snodgrass.  

Totally agree. 

When JJ first came in. He commited to giving the young players a run of games. Neilson won't do it. I understand we don't have a Ritchie etc but only giving the the last few minutes of games is pointless. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Harry Potter

• GinRummy

• neilnunb

Italian Lambretta
6 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Is Robbie rodgering a certain “ burd”  ? Only reason i can see he’s still were he is . 

Have a look back at KB and find the question and answers from the Shareholders dinner you’ll find it there.

2 minutes ago, DS98 said:

I dont peddle anything mate. Think you’ll find I’ve been a supporter of Neilson until around April this year.

So the month when we were pissing it to third place and Europe and beat Hibs in the semi final was the time you decided Robbie wasnt the man for the job? 😄

3 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

We have 2 in the squad. 3 if you count Neilson but he's only become a CB recently and he's a kid. And we play 3 at the back. So, yeah, 2 or 3 spare isn't a crazy shout. 

Not realistic though imagine we announce the signing of 3 CBs people would be moaning.

Still agree RN should have got at least 1 that is on him.

Edited by Jamboelite

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

3 points away from 3rd and you are numb with the club.

I'm also numb, just need to look at the form guide to see we won't be 3 points behind for long.  We all know exactly how next week goes, we will be out of it by Xmas.

4 minutes ago, Madjambo21 said:

How can people defend shankland on here.

He was brought in to be clinical in front of goal.

3 chances today and missed them all.

1st was hard as ball was behind him.

2nd keeper shouldn't be able to save it if he lifts it higher and 3rd is absolutely a joke of a miss for a goalscorer. 

Also had 2 balls played in behind Aberdeen back line and was out run by a centre half. Boy ain't good enough to play for us.

Forest and McKay were abysmal today.

Defence needs shot.

Well played Gordon (must be hard watching this team fold in front of you)

I’m starting to come to the same conclusion as you in regards to shankland. He was brought in to finish the chances we create and he’s not doing it. Wouldn’t be so bad if he brought something else to the team but he’s doesn’t. 

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Time will tell.

Bob ain't getting sacked this side of January. 

If we are Mile's of 3rd in January , he might get replaced. 

I don't think we will be, you do.

No need to get all personal because folk disagree with you .

Bit rich after the comment you gave me last night?

23 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We have a squad of 28 player's, we just signed a player who played English Championship football last season.

How much more does he need ?

And didn't he know that we needed a centre back ,did nobody tell him souttar was leaving ?

We just paid 350k for kio but still brought in snodgrass? Very scattergun approach if you ask me.

Why couldn't player's like Mighten and Anderson, be convinced to come to the club on loan.

Might it be they didn't want to work under our management, and there clubs advised them.

My god you talk some utter pish.

Trouble is this is all going to get blamed on injuries. There's a decent team in there somewhere, and certainly one that would perform better than this! 

1 minute ago, hughesie27 said:

We are seventh and five points of bottom, which is where momentum is taking us. A few weeks ago we were actually third. A wonder strike to save a point last week and a defeat to a team that just lost 4-0 to Dundee United and here we are. Struggling in the bottom half and hearing the Craig Levein excuses rattled out for his protege. 

3 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Time will tell.

Bob ain't getting sacked this side of January. 

If we are Mile's of 3rd in January , he might get replaced. 

I don't think we will be, you do.

No need to get all personal because folk disagree with you .

Just need to believe and press more like Robbie said.

Belief.

1 minute ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Have a look back at KB and find the question and answers from the Shareholders dinner you’ll find it there.

Ooooo scandal ! Love it 

Just now, Bzzzz1905 said:

Trouble is this is all going to get blamed on injuries. There's a decent team in there somewhere, and certainly one that would perform better than this! 

Spot on.

8 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

No she just gets him to clap on her lady bits.

True story. 

Yuck 🤮 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, billybalfour said:

This isn't really making an excuse for Robbie.It is just a simple fact unless we hit another disastrous injury spell

Yip, injuries,  Europe and tough fixtures at the same time is making us look worse than we are.

I have no doubt we are better than hibs, livi and St miren and will finish above the luje if them.

Aberdeen imo might cause a problem but I still think we'll be above them.

He ain't getting sacked but the same posters will repeat the same stuff as they did after Rangers and Fiorentina and likely after celtic as well.

1 minute ago, upgotheheads said:

11 first team player injured, at least five of them our best players, and three points off third place with a game in hand, and yet there are folk here who think Neilson should be sacked. Stand by for banner towing planes and the Phoodle oot whankfest.

The injuries excuse can only go so far. We have had really bad luck with injuries but why were we so light in key positions in the first place? It’s tempting fate. We weren’t forced to go into the season with 2 centre halfs and 2 strikers. It was obviously a conscious decision. 

3 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Just tell us. Would add to the discussion 👍

I said it before the game after seeing the starting 11. Levein mentioned it before kick off. How can we control midfield with 2 against 3? How many times are we going to play Forrest & McKay wide, leaving us light through the middle? Aberdeen are certainly not Fiorentina but we still need to win & keep the ball before we can hope to control a game. Snodgrass is quality but needs more support at 35. Missed chances cost us again, but the starting formation leaves a lot to be desired. Fingers crossed we are not too far behind by the time Halkett & Rowles come back and we have some signings lined up in January for CB & RCB. 

3 minutes ago, Scott Leitch said:

Totally agree. 

When JJ first came in. He commited to giving the young players a run of games. Neilson won't do it. I understand we don't have a Ritchie etc but only giving the the last few minutes of games is pointless. 

Confidence is scattered, playing neilson was the wrong move today, guy looks so nervous , shame.

Aberdeen changed formation and the rest is history.

Better effort at times. 

Savage needs a look at himself as well . His signings are not up to standard and I’d much rather see Pollock/Smith etc start than watch journeyman foreigners !

Not one if his signings is going to make the club money , he could make money by developing academy players and selling them on !! He needs to put more pressure on Robbie to play the youngsters or  stop giving all the kids contracts when they have zero chance of any minutes under this management team!!!

Fozzyonthefence
6 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

5 points off bottom.  Put is this way, come the World Cup we’ll be closer to the relegation places than 3rd top.  

11 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Yes but the manager is continuing to set the team up like they are all fit and makes no concession that we don’t have the players to play the way he wants and refuses to change things like the ridiculous way we set up for goal kicks 

Absolutely Its all very familiar 

"we'll be alright when we get all our players back"  Square pegs round holes - never the same team twice - no youngsters  even when struggling and no ability to change a game  

Forget the past and risk repeating the same mistakes 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Bit rich after the comment you gave me last night?

23 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

We have a squad of 28 player's, we just signed a player who played English Championship football last season.

How much more does he need ?

And didn't he know that we needed a centre back ,did nobody tell him souttar was leaving ?

We just paid 350k for kio but still brought in snodgrass? Very scattergun approach if you ask me.

Why couldn't player's like Mighten and Anderson, be convinced to come to the club on loan.

Might it be they didn't want to work under our management, and there clubs advised them.

My god you talk some utter pish.

You do talk utter pish- you posted it, it's just a fact.

3 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

lewis Neilson has been thrown in too early and that’s due to players being injured. It is what it is. Get to World Cup break and get players back and we will climb up the table no problem 

Agree re Lewis.  And the break would be a lifeline.  Not the time for knee-jerk decisions, despite all the disappointments. Two games a week was always going to be tough-going especially with our injuries which seem to mount up after each game at the moment. 

Arthur Morgan
8 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Looking at 6 points off 3rd next week, then potentially 2 off the bottom!

Yip, injuries,  Europe and tough fixtures at the same time is making us look worse than we are.

I have no doubt we are better than hibs, livi and St miren and will finish above the luje if them.

He ain't getting sacked but the same posters will repeat the same stuff as they did after Rangers and Fiorentina and likely after celtic as well.

i said a few weeks ago I wonder if you will change your tune by the end of October…unfortunately, it looks like we’re heading the way I thought things would.

I think you’re being HUGELY optimistic if you think we will be near third place by the World Cup break.

So the same posters repeating the same stuff after the same outcome and similar performances. 

How unreasonable. 

Pot and kettle- no matter now bad the performance you give the same defences.

maroonlegions
20 minutes ago, AC Mallin_51 said:

Just had a look at the table there. Actually dawns on me how awful our league is. To think how badly we’ve been playing, how little games it feels like we’ve won, we’re 3 points behind hibs in 3rd who’ve played a game more and 2 behind 4th and 5th who’ve played the same games. This in no way is intended to put a positive spin on this run of miserable form we are on, just pointing out how dreadful our league is 

Hibs win next week as we are getting tanked by Celtic next week and its 6 points.

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, tiger Rudi said:

I said it before the game after seeing the starting 11. Levein mentioned it before kick off. How can we control midfield with 2 against 3? How many times are we going to play Forrest & McKay wide, leaving us light through the middle? Aberdeen are certainly not Fiorentina but we still need to win & keep the ball before we can hope to control a game. Snodgrass is quality but needs more support at 35. Missed chances cost us again, but the starting formation leaves a lot to be desired. Fingers crossed we are not too far behind by the time Halkett & Rowles come back and we have some signings lined up in January for CB & RCB. 

Every ****ing week it would appear!  It’s a learning curve but he never seems to learn!

3 minutes ago, ali_jambo said:

So the month when we were pissing it to third place and Europe and beat Hibs in the semi final was the time you decided Robbie wasnt the man for the job? 😄

Probably the time I started to get frustrated with him tactically. (Could’ve easily lost the semi to Hibs and the performance in the final was pathetic).

The summer recruitment was a shambles and the first round of fixtures have been nothing short of abysmal. Even with injuries we can put a better team than most in the park. 

How do you think we have done since the semi final? 

I am worried this is Levein Mk2, we have seen this all before injuries add up results are terrible. We all think it is temporary and results will come back once we get the players back. But once defeats keep coming everyone's up against it and confidence through the club goes. Once this happens is really tough for any manger to turn it around. We desperately need a couple of good results back to back or this will end the same way the last Levein season.

Sorry, but the players have to have a good look at themselves after that performance. If we had taken our chances we could have been three up before they scored.  Too many out there in the pitch today sauntering about without any commitment to the cause.

We_are_the_Hearts
4 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

And after Zurich and Istanbul and Livi and Killy twice. Let’s not forget failing to win at Easter Road again. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Confidence is scattered, playing neilson was the wrong move today, guy looks so nervous , shame.

Aberdeen changed formation and the rest is history.

Better effort at times. 

Did Neilson not come on as a sub .

He never started. Probably wouldn't have played if there were no Injuries 

We're you not advocating not signing any more players as well?

So your plan is not to use player's in the actual squad and not sign any more. 

****ing hell.

There are no words. 

1 minute ago, tiger Rudi said:

I think at least half the support thinks we are too light in midfield.Reminds me of the days when we went to Glasgow and played 2 Lithuanian wingers against them with the inevitable ending.Nearly every defeat has been caused by it in my opinion

1 minute ago, maroonlegions said:

Hibs win next week as we are getting tanked by Celtic next week and its 6 points.

Yeah it is but my overall point is I literally feel like I’m watching a team who should be absolutely nowhere near 3rd where mathematically could be 3rd this time next week. The team who is sitting 3rd just got tanked 6-1 and lost to a team that was bottom of the league, the team that beat us today and is now sitting in 4th with a game in hand over 3rd took a tanking off that same side that was bottom of the league. My point is one of negativity as opposed to positivity. In such a hellish league with literally no real good sides outside the old firm we can’t even muster a string of results. If anyone could put together a bit of form they’ll do what we did last season 

So Goodwins plan B is even better than Robbies. 

Worrying times. He's had the injuries to deal with but he still isnt doing enough. 

Time to go Robbie.

Just now, billybalfour said:

I think at least half the support thinks we are too light in midfield.Reminds me of the days when we went to Glasgow and played 2 Lithuanian wingers against them with the inevitable ending.Nearly every defeat has been caused by it in my opinion

Said the same thing a few times this week. His insistence in playing two wide players, who quickly become passengers in most game, when we are screaming for an extra man in the middle is frustrating as ****. Particularity when our central defence is so fragile. If I can see it and you can see it, why on earth can’t Neilson see it?

13 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Sums up, for me, where we are.

I’m not going to listen to crap about injuries. Watching a player - who was down with cramp, just seconds earlier- hobble away from a 20 year old and through our defence, to set up the killer 2nd. Was one of the most tragic things I’ve ever witnessed as a Hearts fan.

Dens 1986 for me but maybe I'm just losing perspective??

6 minutes ago, Hmfc1965 said:

So the same posters repeating the same stuff after the same outcome and similar performances. 

How unreasonable. 

Pot and kettle- no matter now bad the performance you give the same defences.

with the personnel out through injury what manager could come in and change it ? Serious question. It’s down to the bare bones

10 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

I’m starting to come to the same conclusion as you in regards to shankland. He was brought in to finish the chances we create and he’s not doing it. Wouldn’t be so bad if he brought something else to the team but he’s doesn’t. 

Definitely. 

My problem is we never replaced Simms.

We went through a sticky patch in front of goal last season before the Jan transfer window opened and Simms arrived. 

Having someone up top who can bully defenders and hold the ball up helps bring the creative players into play.

Teams don't have to worry about that with shankland up top

1 minute ago, RobboM said:

Dens 1986 for me but maybe I'm just losing perspective??

Oh don’t I still have ptsd from that day and the train journey home 🏡 

9 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

You do talk utter pish- you posted it, it's just a fact.

So again mods rather than engage in debate, he stands by abusing posters.

Sad really.

Just now, 1971fozzy said:

with the personnel out through injury what manager could come in and change it ? Serious question. It’s down to the bare bones

I think you’d need someone who could organise and motivate the players that give us the best chance. 

I guess it just comes down to if you think Neilson is that guy or not.