*** Killie v Hearts Sunday 9th Official match thread ***

upgotheheads

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

I didn’t think we were dreadful - that pitch is certainly dreadful and hands a huge advantage to Killie who play and train on it constantly.

On another day McKay tucks away that sitter, Gordon doesn’t slip, and the Killie player gets a red instead of a very dodgy offside call.

Two cracking goals scored and Humphries could end up being a cracking signing!

We are going through a tough time at present with a difficult run of fixtures. We need to hang in and hopefully we can keep in touch with 3rd place by the time Halkett and Rowles are back.

BS, McKay missed his sitter because he shat the bed, nothing to do with the pitch.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Deviskan

• neilnunb

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

There’s also been players deemed absolutely incredible who later turned out bang average / shite. Sibbick, absolutely lauded on here based on 1 game. Turns out he’s pish. Ginelly, folk were absolutely buzzing about him even though he’d hardly kicked a ball, turns out to be bang average not much of a threat

Agreed. Works both ways on it. Football fans aren’t known for being the most measured of individuals. 

periodictabledancer
2 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

Nonsense 

Killie were mince in the first half and had Hearts had McKay/Shankland/Forrest at the races today it might have been a decent game instead of the  long slog it became.  Collectively they were mince too.

Hard to believe with all our defensive woes it was the attacking areas that badly let the team down today. 

InternationalJambo
19 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

There’s also been players deemed absolutely incredible who later turned out bang average / shite. Sibbick, absolutely lauded on here based on 1 game. Turns out he’s pish. Ginelly, folk were absolutely buzzing about him even though he’d hardly kicked a ball, turns out to be bang average not much of a threat

Correct. Shows why opinions on here should be taken with a massive pinch of salt. It’ll always be an echo chamber regardless though. 

3 minutes ago, InternationalJambo said:

Correct. Shows why opinions on here should be taken with a massive pinch of salt. It’ll always be an echo chamber regardless though. 

Of course it should be taken with a pinch of salt. It’s just a bunch of people with different levels of intelligence and different levels of knowledge of football who all support Hearts. What else could It ever be. 

InternationalJambo
Just now, GinRummy said:

Of course it should be taken with a pinch of salt. It’s just a bunch of people with different levels of intelligence and different levels of knowledge of football who all support Hearts. What else could It ever be. 

😂

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Haha, best description of this place ever!!

1 hour ago, hmfc_steve said:

He's definitely not the manager to get us to improve 

Every season he's managed us has seen improvement. Improving is precisely what he does. How do you explain that?

(this season's not finished, by a long way)

weegie jambo

My take FWIW.

Came out of the traps pretty quickly and could have been a couple up early on. As time wore on they got a grip and our tippy tappy along the back four got us into trouble. Having a makeshift back 4 with 2 left backs at centre half isn't doing us any good, both Kingsley and Cochrane especially looked like fishes out of water. Take our early chances and we get the confidence to take all 3 points. On a pitch like that, which is frankly a joke, you've got to take a chance a risk on a few long balls and forward passes. As we've seen today the ball skids off all ways and you've got to put the pressure on defences. If it hadn't been for the crowd baying to get the free kick which Natty scored from into the box, we would still be tapping the ball sideways.

I liked Snodgrass today. He could be our midfield general and chief talker on the pitch. Obviously still needs to be up to speed but I thought he was a positive player today.

On another day we win that one with the chances we created and on a proper pitch Craig doesn't mess up.

Once all our players are back we'll be fine, just need to do what we can 'til we have Halkett, Rowles and Beni back.

49 minutes ago, Philfigo said:

Hopefully this is the start of better, sometimes battling back from 2 goals down and scoring so late can ignite clubs seasons. Credit for digging in and getting back to 2-2, let's get this season up and running now for us.

Agree with that. Onwards and upwards.

1 hour ago, leeumboyce said:

Some finish. Still confused at bringing on a centre half when chasing a game tho.

Nae bother Willie 🤣

4 minutes ago, weegie jambo said:

My take FWIW.

Came out of the traps pretty quickly and could have been a couple up early on. As time wore on they got a grip and our tippy tappy along the back four got us into trouble. Having a makeshift back 4 with 2 left backs at centre half isn't doing us any good, both Kingsley and Cochrane especially looked like fishes out of water. Take our early chances and we get the confidence to take all 3 points. On a pitch like that, which is frankly a joke, you've got to take a chance a risk on a few long balls and forward passes. As we've seen today the ball skids off all ways and you've got to put the pressure on defences. If it hadn't been for the crowd baying to get the free kick which Natty scored from into the box, we would still be tapping the ball sideways.

I liked Snodgrass today. He could be our midfield general and chief talker on the pitch. Obviously still needs to be up to speed but I thought he was a positive player today.

On another day we win that one with the chances we created and on a proper pitch Craig doesn't mess up.

Once all our players are back we'll be fine, just need to do what we can 'til we have Halkett, Rowles and Beni back.

Can't argue with that.  But we persist with the tippy tappy at the back which can be suicidal - we're not Man City - especially on horror pitches.

21 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

I didn’t think we were dreadful - that pitch is certainly dreadful and hands a huge advantage to Killie who play and train on it constantly.

On another day McKay tucks away that sitter, Gordon doesn’t slip, and the Killie player gets a red instead of a very dodgy offside call.

Two cracking goals scored and Humphries could end up being a cracking signing!

We are going through a tough time at present with a difficult run of fixtures. We need to hang in and hopefully we can keep in touch with 3rd place by the time Halkett and Rowles are back.

Good summary.  McKays career worst miss and Gordon’s career worst error in one game sums up our fortune at the moment.  Some dodgy decisions against us as well. 
Players battled back well so no lack of commitment or attitude.  Thought Snodgrass was excellent and managed full game.  More to come from him I hope. 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Good summary.  McKays career worst miss and Gordon’s career worst error in one game sums up our fortune at the moment.  Some dodgy decisions against us as well. 
Players battled back well so no lack of commitment or attitude.  Thought Snodgrass was excellent and managed full game.  More to come from him I hope. 

👌🏻

29 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Exactly, today I had a guy behind me who was adamant that Levein and Neilson were the worst two managers in the clubs history.  Wasn’t a young guy so clearly should have remembered the McLeans, Rix, Clark, Ford, Stendel, McPhee, Cathro plus many anonymous Lithuanians et al but wasn’t having it 🤷‍♂️
Had a guy in front of me who at 0-2 and chasing the game thought the solution was to bring on Haring to shore up the midfield🤷‍♂️

Variety is the spice of life as a Hearts fan  it seems. 

8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Francis Albert
26 minutes ago, bairdy said:

Craig is a fantastic golie.

But I do wish he would come off his line more often !🙂

Always been his only weakness. Or main weakness. Kicking has never been top notch either. But a great keeper and brilliant shot stopper. Knowing  the relative weakness of distributing from feet the team should not be placing so much reliance on the tactic of passing back when there are or should be better options. The second goal being a classic example.

Edited by Francis Albert

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

it’s never too early for kb to write off a player, been many a player been written off on this utterly clueless forum after 3-4 games, only for the player to subsequently become one of our best players. 

Seeing this too

2 hours ago, Canscot said:

At least you got the last part right!🤦‍♂️

You obviously missed a lot of the game.  Hetoo one risk but won the duel and he tackled well, he ran at their defence when the likes of McKay and Forrest were missing in action.  Watch the game again, concentrating on Atkinson.

A crazy game played on a joke of a pitch.  It should be banned!

Missed a sitter!

Gave away two crazy goals, one which would not have happened on a grass pitch.

Scored two excellent goals.

All thiis with a makeshift defence and in the middle of what is a poor run of results, that is forgetting 3-0 away v Motherwell, of course.

In mackays defence I am sure that ball bobbles on that absolute farce of a pitch just as he goes to hit it. 

It made for a farce of a match players slipping all over the place on it it should be forcibly removed for the start of next season as should livingstons. 

To great finishes from us. Think snoddy will be a great player with a few more games under his belt, his ball over the top for our 1st was excellent. 

They should of had a red and us a pen instead of offside had that game been after Christmas and we had var. 

Trying to be positive. Sometime your luck isn't in but can't really say I can blame Neilson's approach today (which I have the past few weeks) I thought we attacked from the off and if mackay scores we would probably of went on to win comfortably. 

Roll on Thursday evening 

2 hours ago, DS98 said:

And so he did. Brilliant today and that’s without the last minute worldy. Defending was first class almost all game. MOTM by quite some distance. 

Atkinson plays most his best games at RB. Although he has the attributes for wing back tactically he’s no idea how to play it other than bomb forward. The more restrained RB role seems to suit him better just now.

2 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

This Hearts team are serving up total drivel if you are happy with that I’m puzzled 

You’re not really getting it are you? We played shite, we’re 2 goals down, and came back to draw. Get over yourself 

33 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

You obviously missed a lot of the game.  Hetoo one risk but won the duel and he tackled well, he ran at their defence when the likes of McKay and Forrest were missing in action.  Watch the game again, concentrating on Atkinson.

😂😂😂

apologies mate. I just reread the original post and I obviously got the gist of it all wrong. I thought the first part was praising how well the team had played then the last part was praising Natty. 
Obviously he was man of the match. Of that there can be no doubt. And just for clarity I did see the whole game😉

Edited by Canscot

Just watched the highlights. Once again the standard of officiating is so poor! Clear handball by the keeper outside the box in the first and clear red in the 2nd and they get let off the hook by an incorrect offside call. 

1 hour ago, periodictabledancer said:

Killie were mince in the first half and had Hearts had McKay/Shankland/Forrest at the races today it might have been a decent game instead of the  long slog it became.  Collectively they were mince too.

Hard to believe with all our defensive woes it was the attacking areas that badly let the team down today. 

“…had Hearts had McKay/Shankland/Forrest at the races today…”

So, why were they so ineffective? I suppose  there will always be a huge range of opinions. 
I think their inconsistency perhaps shows why they aren’t playing at a higher level, but on the other hand, players at Tynecastle are paid relatively handsomely and the club and its loyal fan base deserves more from certain individuals.
There’s a lack of leadership on the field, no question: but that’s no excuse in my view.

weegie jambo
1 hour ago, chrystaf said:

Can't argue with that.  But we persist with the tippy tappy at the back which can be suicidal - we're not Man City - especially on horror pitches.

totally agree, this whole tippy tappy thing and the play it short goal kicks give me the fear. How many times today did we put ourselves in danger by this suicidal tactic. A makeshift back 4 doesn't help either.

That pitch was awful and looked dangerous at the end with all the rain should never be allowed that in the top flight. 

Some of our support tho 🤦‍♂️ Some absolute dregs of society round about me that done nothing but berate every Hearts player for the full game. Few shouting **** off back to Australia to Atkinson constantly through out the game. Even had the cheek to celebrate the goal at the end. Don’t usually comment on our fans as most are entitled to their opinion but jeezo today was a hard shift in amongst some of them. 

upgotheheads
Just now, PapaShango said:

That pitch was awful and looked dangerous at the end with all the rain should never be allowed that in the top flight. 

Some of our support tho 🤦‍♂️ Some absolute dregs of society round about me that done nothing but berate every Hearts player for the full game. Few shouting **** off back to Australia to Atkinson constantly through out the game. Even had the cheek to celebrate the goal at the end. Don’t usually comment on our fans as most are entitled to their opinion but jeezo today was a hard shift in amongst some of them. 

'

Yup.  I had the misfortune to be sat with some of the 'Billy Boy" scum. I wish they would just F-Off

2 hours ago, Heres Rixxy said:

True about the pitch advantage. Celtic only managed to score 5 there. 

what a stupid comparison! 🤣

2 hours ago, briever said:

BS, McKay missed his sitter because he shat the bed, nothing to do with the pitch.

Did I say he missed it because of the pitch! There second goal however was all about the pitch!

1 hour ago, Bainy said:

In mackays defence I am sure that ball bobbles on that absolute farce of a pitch just as he goes to hit it. 

It made for a farce of a match players slipping all over the place on it it should be forcibly removed for the start of next season as should livingstons. 

To great finishes from us. Think snoddy will be a great player with a few more games under his belt, his ball over the top for our 1st was excellent. 

They should of had a red and us a pen instead of offside had that game been after Christmas and we had var. 

Trying to be positive. Sometime your luck isn't in but can't really say I can blame Neilson's approach today (which I have the past few weeks) I thought we attacked from the off and if mackay scores we would probably of went on to win comfortably. 

Roll on Thursday evening 

Good post

Edited by Thomaso

52 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

Just watched the highlights. Once again the standard of officiating is so poor! Clear handball by the keeper outside the box in the first and clear red in the 2nd and they get let off the hook by an incorrect offside call. 

Frustrating indeed made worse by the fact that you just need to look at a Hibs player just now and it’s a red!

I enjoyed the game, insane as it was at times.  Was shouting at the telly every time Atkinson turned in from the right, but refused to use his left foot.  I figured he was completely one footed.   Shows what I know!

Obviously a long way from perfect, but great to see us keep going to the end, and making loads of chances.  It seems that we'll be loose at the back until Halkett returns, so I think we just have to attack/press as best we can.

That was 100 times better viewing than Thursday.  

32 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Jeez. Mind you, there are a few on here who have been giving Atkinson complete dog’s abuse almost from day one. 

6 minutes ago, S Form said:

Jeez. Mind you, there are a few on here who have been giving Atkinson complete dog’s abuse almost from day one. 

Agree however clear to anyone there today he was having a decent game. Folk were completely out their tree though and would have struggled to know what day of the week it was.

McKay chance looked like he bottled it.    Needs to be more convincing with the finish.    Get the foot through it not tap it. 

Humphrys header could have been better placed in the far corner but possibly saw Forrest coming in for a rebound off the keeper.   Should be a goal. 

Their keeper should be off for a handball. 

They got a scrappy goal. 

They scored another through persistence.   Almost funny Lafferty complaining about the offside then gets a goal from it.   😬   Shame for Gordon getting his foot stuck. 

Shankland onside, Taylor pulls his shirt to stop him getting onto Snodgrass brilliant curled lofted pass into their box.   Should be red card. 

Humphrys great rundown the right into the box gets a shot but deflected out for a corner which we didn't get. 

Shanklands close range volley was a hard effort to make with several defenders in the way.   Went wide, no deflection. 

Grant gets a free kick on the right, takes it patiently waiting for his team to get into position.    Atkinson just about gets to outside their penalty area.   Taylor who we all thought would be their dangerman, ends up costing them a late equaliser by heading it outside the penalty area right onto Atkinson left foot.   Great volley and goal.   Ironic how that works out sometimes. 

Atkinson was good but I'm picking Humphrys as my motm.   Always a threat running at them, holding the ball getting a good goal.   

My worst player of the day was Kio.  Hopefully he gets better. 

I don't mind matches like today that provide entertainment.   Getting the equaliser had me off my seat celebrating.   These games I would prefer to be in the minority though.   

We need to have a majority of more convincing performances.   Still early in the season.    We've played most teams the once.   The return games are important we get three points. 

2 hours ago, briever said:

Another who likes to criticise. Shat  the bed! Unlike your verbal diarrhoea.

Glamorgan Jambo

In the end we needed to score (ideally more than one) and not lose. So job kinda done. 

Still struggling to find our most effective attacking set up and combination.

Well done to the defence today. Killie aren’t world beaters but McInnes has been we’ll supported in the transfer market.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Just watched the highlights. I wasn't dragging myself out of bed to watch that at 1am. I predicted a 2-2 draw and I was right but would never have thought it would have occurred via a Craig Gordon howler and a Natty Atkinson worldy.

We are so mediocre at the moment. Killie are gash and we performed on their level.

Gordon has looked nothing like himself since he became a dad. I wonder if he simply isn’t getting any sleep at all.

On 07/10/2022 at 10:25, upgotheheads said:

At least I will consider it offical if anyone replies.

This is now a more important game than it should have been this early in the season.

Smith looks likely to be out but Neilson will be available along with Snodgrass. I think we'll need Haring in midfield, WTF do we do?

Ok OP

It’s an official thread 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻.    👏🏻
having watched today ,we thought …..     .      good/aw/nice/grim/nice/aw/good/cool/phekkinhellwearegettinthere/yeah

but ffs ,reading the above posts ?Robbie haters are going to hate no doubt but please let the rest of us enjoy our team trying to go forward now and then? 
Maybe we could ban naysayers until 5days after any given match? Try to install some confidence amongst fans which could just possibly rub off on to the pitch[obviously not todays type] 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻.     🤞🏻

Well surprise surprise, here we are again after another atrocious 90 minute display.

Should have had the game out of sight after McKay and Humphrey’s early sitters in the first half, yet then seemed to drop back and revert to our usual timid selves and ended up losing two sloppy goals right at the start of the 2nd half (1st goal yet another cross into the box that we don't deal with😡😡😡) and giving ourselves a mountain to climb, then and only then do we start actually giving a feck, typical Robbie Neilson performance! he only starts trying to change it after we go behind by a goal or two, make no mistake we were extremely lucky to get anything from this game and if this continues we will be lucky to make top 6 never mind 3rd!!

Another disgrace today, we had to win that and have failed again.

The regression is there for all to see now under Neilson.

The one thing that really fecking  annoys me is the guy just never learns, we will still be playing McKay on Thursday who again offered nothing today.

Tell you what I'm glad I never got up early and watched that today, got much more entertainment out of watching arsenal vs liverpool.

See you all on Thursday to talk about yet another dissapointing day for Hearts 😔