• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Deviskan

• neilnunb

• GinRummy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The negativity on here is unbelievable when you consider the quality of the response at being 0-2. Hopefully this generates more self belief in the group. We are clearly not playing to our potential however with the number of forced changes to the side each week this is not unexpected. I fully expect a solid rebound with players returning from injury and getting more familiar with each other.

Too many dummy spitters on here!!

Please find below, what alot of so called supporters know about football.

The end.

Edited by John Findlay

Tuco Salamanca

Link to goals ? Was on jolly juice all day yesterday whilst on holiday 

I'm surprised I can text 

Predictor text is a blessing xx

10 hours ago, HMFC01 said:

McKay chance looked like he bottled it.    Needs to be more convincing with the finish.    Get the foot through it not tap it. 

Humphrys header could have been better placed in the far corner but possibly saw Forrest coming in for a rebound off the keeper.   Should be a goal. 

Their keeper should be off for a handball. 

They got a scrappy goal. 

They scored another through persistence.   Almost funny Lafferty complaining about the offside then gets a goal from it.   😬   Shame for Gordon getting his foot stuck. 

Shankland onside, Taylor pulls his shirt to stop him getting onto Snodgrass brilliant curled lofted pass into their box.   Should be red card. 

Humphrys great rundown the right into the box gets a shot but deflected out for a corner which we didn't get. 

Shanklands close range volley was a hard effort to make with several defenders in the way.   Went wide, no deflection. 

Grant gets a free kick on the right, takes it patiently waiting for his team to get into position.    Atkinson just about gets to outside their penalty area.   Taylor who we all thought would be their dangerman, ends up costing them a late equaliser by heading it outside the penalty area right onto Atkinson left foot.   Great volley and goal.   Ironic how that works out sometimes. 

Atkinson was good but I'm picking Humphrys as my motm.   Always a threat running at them, holding the ball getting a good goal.   

My worst player of the day was Kio.  Hopefully he gets better. 

I don't mind matches like today that provide entertainment.   Getting the equaliser had me off my seat celebrating.   These games I would prefer to be in the minority though.   

We need to have a majority of more convincing performances.   Still early in the season.    We've played most teams the once.   The return games are important we get three points. 

Re Taylor.   He has still committed the offence regardless of the ref giving offside

3 hours ago, Macmill said:

The negativity on here is unbelievable when you consider the quality of the response at being 0-2. Hopefully this generates more self belief in the group. We are clearly not playing to our potential however with the number of forced changes to the side each week this is not unexpected. I fully expect a solid rebound with players returning from injury and getting more familiar with each other.

Too many dummy spitters on here!!

The negativity due to us being 2 down in the first place

6 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

The negativity due to us being 2 down in the first place

The negativity is down to those with a long-running agenda.

The club has an injury crisis and the hard of thinking are desperate to skip that when looking for reasons to put the boot into the manager.

If we had our best two centre-halves we'd be doing better.  Its really that simple.

8 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

Gordon has looked nothing like himself since he became a dad. I wonder if he simply isn’t getting any sleep at all.

It was a slip mate, happened to almost every player on both teams yesterday on that pitch in those conditions.

Malinga the Swinga
8 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Well surprise surprise, here we are again after another atrocious 90 minute display.

Should have had the game out of sight after McKay and Humphrey’s early sitters in the first half, yet then seemed to drop back and revert to our usual timid selves and ended up losing two sloppy goals right at the start of the 2nd half (1st goal yet another cross into the box that we don't deal with😡😡😡) and giving ourselves a mountain to climb, then and only then do we start actually giving a feck, typical Robbie Neilson performance! he only starts trying to change it after we go behind by a goal or two, make no mistake we were extremely lucky to get anything from this game and if this continues we will be lucky to make top 6 never mind 3rd!!

Another disgrace today, we had to win that and have failed again.

The regression is there for all to see now under Neilson.

The one thing that really fecking  annoys me is the guy just never learns, we will still be playing McKay on Thursday who again offered nothing today.

Tell you what I'm glad I never got up early and watched that today, got much more entertainment out of watching arsenal vs liverpool.

See you all on Thursday to talk about yet another dissapointing day for Hearts 😔

Why don't you watch Bodo v Arsenal instead as both on at same time? That way, you can be entertained and Hearts supporters can watch our game.

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

Gordon has looked nothing like himself since he became a dad. I wonder if he simply isn’t getting any sleep at all.

A new dad, he already has quite a brood.

Mckay also has had his first kid recently. 

Edited by Bazzas right boot

Allowayjambo1874
18 minutes ago, Tuco Salamanca said:

Parts of video blurry why

Apparently it’s against copyright law to show the action and I think when Aaron first started the vlog the SPFL got in touch with him to advise him so. 

33 minutes ago, frankblack said:

The club has an injury crisis and the hard of thinking are desperate to skip that when looking for reasons to put the boot into the manager.

If we had our best two centre-halves we'd be doing better.  Its really that simple.

Why not play Sibbick and Neilson yesterday??Two centre backs?

12 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

Why not play Sibbick and Neilson yesterday??Two centre backs?

That has worked so well in the past, hasn't it?

He'd get slaughtered for it too.

55 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Agree re centre halfs    but the tactics are also an issue

Just watched the highlights. 

McKays miss wasn't as bad as you lot made it out. Its bad but its hardly the worst miss i've ever seen. 

Nattys goal was a screamer. 

Start doing the basics first and we win that game. 

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

Tactics are compromised due to defence.

Don't agree  the pointless sideways, backward passing for the sake of it is not new

CornhillHearts
53 minutes ago, Tuco Salamanca said:

Parts of video blurry why

33 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Apparently it’s against copyright law to show the action and I think when Aaron first started the vlog the SPFL got in touch with him to advise him so. 

Morning, 

As above it's not down to his camera work, he uses a software programme to "blur" the footage as a way round copyright infringement. 

It's not particularly the SPFL, but Hearts who have made it known that showing the pitch is infringing copyright and there are consequences to that. 

He now generally only vlogs away games as he has press access via his journalism university course and doesn't want to jeopardise that opportunity and neither would I in commenting any further in a public forum. 

Just seen whole game highlights on Sportscene

It was a decent game with so many chances and dodgy refereeing 

We’ve played worse and won

The Black Prince

Doubtless this has been suggested earlier but Gordon's slip is totally down to his studs getting caught in that crap synthetic pitch.

McKay should have scored. Different game if he does.

Ex member of the SaS

It is complete stupidity to continue to do something you can see doesn't work. They play out from the back with no forward movement and have to hold onto the ball, allowing the opposition to close you down and you make a panic pass or hump it up the park. Surely Robbie the players or anyone can see this is not working and make changes. We have everyone in our own half with no out ball. How often did Kingsley hold his hands out begging for someone to make a run? How often did we take a free kick surrounded by Killie players, we played it short and got closed down very quickly. How often did we get up the wing only to pass backwards?

3 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

It is complete stupidity to continue to do something you can see doesn't work. They play out from the back with no forward movement and have to hold onto the ball, allowing the opposition to close you down and you make a panic pass or hump it up the park. Surely Robbie the players or anyone can see this is not working and make changes. We have everyone in our own half with no out ball. How often did Kingsley hold his hands out begging for someone to make a run? How often did we take a free kick surrounded by Killie players, we played it short and got closed down very quickly. How often did we get up the wing only to pass backwards?

I think the idea is to retain possession instead of hoofing it up the pitch to give it back cheaply. It relies on the midfield and other players moving and creating space which 100% needs worked on but I like that we try and keep the ball rather than launching it. We need to be so much better under pressure though. You only need to look at the teams we have played in Europe to see how comfortable they are at passing and moving, which lets be honest is the basics of football. We just don't seem to pass and move to the same level as some other teams. I thought all our good play first half hour yesterday went through Snodgrass who is one that looks very comfortable taking a pass under pressure, probably due to his experience and the level he has played at. I think when he is fully fit and up to speed he will be a great addition to our side, he put in a few cracking passes yesterday from deep positions and was linking the play well in the first half. 

5 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I think the idea is to retain possession instead of hoofing it up the pitch to give it back cheaply. It relies on the midfield and other players moving and creating space which 100% needs worked on but I like that we try and keep the ball rather than launching it. We need to be so much better under pressure though. You only need to look at the teams we have played in Europe to see how comfortable they are at passing and moving, which lets be honest is the basics of football. We just don't seem to pass and move to the same level as some other teams. I thought all our good play first half hour yesterday went through Snodgrass who is one that looks very comfortable taking a pass under pressure, probably due to his experience and the level he has played at. I think when he is fully fit and up to speed he will be a great addition to our side, he put in a few cracking passes yesterday from deep positions and was linking the play well in the first half. 

I'm all for keeping possession and playing through the opposition from the back, and in spells this season we have done that quite well, but it only works for us if we have our best defence on the park and our best players in midfield who can progress the ball. Yesterday we were missing our two best defenders, 0ur two best midfielders, and our best forward. 

Other factors are the weather conditions, the pitch and the quality of the opposition, including their manager. Derek McInnes is one of the smartest managers around, even if his players aren't that great, and he had our tactics of playing the ball out sussed from the start. The Kilmarnock pitch is crap, and the weather was horrible, if there ever was a day for lumping it up the park and getting the ball into the mixer at their end it was yesterday. 

Playing from the back is the ideal, but if the conditions aren't right we shouldn't slavishly stick to it.

Ex member of the SaS
9 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Keeping possession is fine if you have an out ball for when you get closed down, they don't. Passing back and forth allowing the opposition to close them down and nowhere to go. They need to move the ball quicker and stop flooding our own half, with some one willing to make a run when we regain possession. Why take a free kick ( backwards ) to a close player when you are surrounded by opposition?

When attacking we need more players getting forward, as a lone striker up against two or three defenders means he can't do much. Many go on about the defense being weak due to injury, the only way to protect the defense is a strong offense. Move the ball quicker with less tippy tappy, get the wingers and mid field moving into space and get in their faces when they have the ball.

Edited by Ex member of the SaS

24 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Just watched the highlights. 

McKays miss wasn't as bad as you lot made it out. Its bad but its hardly the worst miss i've ever seen. 

Nattys goal was a screamer. 

Start doing the basics first and we win that game. 

I'm glad someone else sees McKay's miss like this. It was made out to be the worst miss in football ever on the radio. 

43 minutes ago, frankblack said:

That has worked so well in the past, hasn't it?

He'd get slaughtered for it too.

Exactly if we had of played Sibbick and Neilson and we conceded which we absolutely would have he would get hammered on here.

Robbie can’t win with these so called fans 

Edited by GBJambo

5 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Keeping possession is fine if you have an out ball for when you get closed down, they don't. Passing back and forth allowing the opposition to close them down and nowhere to go. They need to move the ball quicker and stop flooding our own half, with some one willing to make a run when we regain possession. Why take a free kick ( backwards ) to a close player when you are surrounded by opposition?

When attacking we need more players getting forward, as a lone striker up against two or three defenders means he can't do much. Many go on about the defense being weak due to injury, the only way to protect the defense is a strong offense. Move the ball quicker with less tippy tappy, get the wingers and mid field moving into space and get in their faces when they have the ball.

I agree, what was frustrating yesterday was the fact our defence tried to play out the back got boxed in and ended up passing back to Gordon to launch it when the defender could just as easily have done it. Gordon got away with one in the first half when he nut megged Lafferty who then had a smile on his face but he probably knew then that he had half a chance of getting in on Gordon and nicking something. 

9 hours ago, maggieb said:

Ok OP

It’s an official thread 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻.    👏🏻
having watched today ,we thought …..     .      good/aw/nice/grim/nice/aw/good/cool/phekkinhellwearegettinthere/yeah

but ffs ,reading the above posts ?Robbie haters are going to hate no doubt but please let the rest of us enjoy our team trying to go forward now and then? 
Maybe we could ban naysayers until 5days after any given match? Try to install some confidence amongst fans which could just possibly rub off on to the pitch[obviously not todays type] 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻.     🤞🏻

Banning people because they are not happy clappers 😂

Tuco Salamanca
2 hours ago, CornhillHearts said:

Morning, 

As above it's not down to his camera work, he uses a software programme to "blur" the footage as a way round copyright infringement. 

It's not particularly the SPFL, but Hearts who have made it known that showing the pitch is infringing copyright and there are consequences to that. 

He now generally only vlogs away games as he has press access via his journalism university course and doesn't want to jeopardise that opportunity and neither would I in commenting any further in a public forum. 

Ahhh fair enough 👌 

2 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

His signings.

Even the big clubs sign players who don't work out.  That is football.

We are dealing at the bottom end of the matket and have a higher risk.  Deal with it.

2 hours ago, the posh bit said:

I'm glad someone else sees McKay's miss like this. It was made out to be the worst miss in football ever on the radio. 

The highlights clearly showed the ball bobbled on that crap pitch just as he was about to hit it. He maybe should have tried to get over the ball a bit better than he did and it was a bad miss but hardly the worst.

6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Even the big clubs sign players who don't work out.  That is football.

We are dealing at the bottom end of the matket and have a higher risk.  Deal with it.

Sadly we are dealing with it.

Just now, Agentjambo said:

Sadly we are dealing with it.

No.  Haters are using the injury crisis to reignite their vendetta against the manager.  For some this grudge goes back to 2016.

Pasquale for King
12 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

I think he only got a week off in the summer also, this is his 4th kid so should hopefully be used to what it entails. Let’s hope she’s happy with 2 kids. He needs a break, but I don’t see any easy games to play Clark in, might just need to be the WC where he gets a well deserved rest. 

1 minute ago, frankblack said:

No.  Haters are using the injury crisis to reignite their vendetta against the manager.  For some this grudge goes back to 2016.

Injury crisis….a club our size should be able to cope with two central defenders being out.
Kingsley has played at centre back before…two centre defenders sitting on the bench that he signed but doesn’t trust to cover.

He’s signed Humphrys/Snodgrass to replace Boyce.

who’s fault is it there is a “crisis”? 

12 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Well surprise surprise, here we are again after another atrocious 90 minute display.

Should have had the game out of sight after McKay and Humphrey’s early sitters in the first half, yet then seemed to drop back and revert to our usual timid selves and ended up losing two sloppy goals right at the start of the 2nd half (1st goal yet another cross into the box that we don't deal with😡😡😡) and giving ourselves a mountain to climb, then and only then do we start actually giving a feck, typical Robbie Neilson performance! he only starts trying to change it after we go behind by a goal or two, make no mistake we were extremely lucky to get anything from this game and if this continues we will be lucky to make top 6 never mind 3rd!!

Another disgrace today, we had to win that and have failed again.

The regression is there for all to see now under Neilson.

The one thing that really fecking  annoys me is the guy just never learns, we will still be playing McKay on Thursday who again offered nothing today.

Tell you what I'm glad I never got up early and watched that today, got much more entertainment out of watching arsenal vs liverpool.

See you all on Thursday to talk about yet another dissapointing day for Hearts 😔

You write a pile of tosh and round it off by misspelling disappointing.

Great stuff.

18 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

The highlights clearly showed the ball bobbled on that crap pitch just as he was about to hit it. He maybe should have tried to get over the ball a bit better than he did and it was a bad miss but hardly the worst.

Shankland also gets pelters on the radio for taking three touches before squaring it, again the highlights on TV show how the ball is moving on the surface. 

Just now, MTS1874 said:

Neilson will be a future Hearts Captain

That’s great if we were playing in the future…it’s the present we are playing in.

2 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

That’s great if we were playing in the future…it’s the present we are playing in.

Our two first choice centre backs are out injured FFS, both Sibbick and Neilson need experience playing alongside them. I don’t think Robbie thought Neilson would be his first choice centre back in Europe. Blame the recruitment team for not bringing in a RCB in the window especially when Savage said it was a priority signing.

Neilson is going to be great for us on the evidence so far. But he has to be introduced gradually not thrown in to sink or swim against rangers and Fiorentina. He’s a kid

I P Knightley
46 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

There was a bit of a double whammy. He's had to adjust his body position so that he could hit it with the inside of his right foot. Doing so has taken away flexibility to respond to the bobble. A player who could be guaranteed to get everything right in the circumstances would cost us ten times as much.

57 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think he only got a week off in the summer also, this is his 4th kid so should hopefully be used to what it entails. Let’s hope she’s happy with 2 kids. He needs a break, but I don’t see any easy games to play Clark in, might just need to be the WC where he gets a well deserved rest. 

We have to give Clark a game at some point so the sooner the better I would say especially after Craig's howler yesterday.

31 minutes ago, MTS1874 said:

Our two first choice centre backs are out injured FFS, both Sibbick and Neilson need experience playing alongside them. I don’t think Robbie thought Neilson would be his first choice centre back in Europe. Blame the recruitment team for not bringing in a RCB in the window especially when Savage said it was a priority signing.

Robbie defintely didn't expect to have both his first choice CB's out injured but there have been plenty warning signs about Halkett with his injuries last season and this. As many have argued on here we should have been looking to bring in an experienced right sided CB before the window closed or even an out of contract player.

Sibbick has probably disappointed Robbie and he feels he can't play him unless he really has to and without doubt Neilson is one for the future and not ready to play every week.

I suppose Savage would argue the point that there was nobody available any better than what we already have  although I would very much doubt that.

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

We have to give Clark a game at some point so the sooner the better I would say especially after Craig's howler yesterday.

Yea but playing him behind a makeshift defence who are only able to keep a clean sheet on the back of saves from CG isn’t ideal.