Ukraine v Scotland - match thread (merged)

Sooperstar

10 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Firstly I didn't suggest Rocky for Scotland.

Secondly I didn't say there's no one better than Porteous. 

You said Porteous is no worse than the other options. I’m not fussed mate, stick to your guns. If you think he’s decent then fair enough. 

I think he’s absolutely chronic and a lot of Hibs fans who go watch him week in week out agree with me. It’s also incredible that in the past few years we’ve had Paul Hanlon, Paul Mcginn and Louis ****ing Stevenson called up. When you add ‘Porto’ to that it’s nothing short of embarrassing. 

• Replies 989
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• Hearts007

• briever

• Luckies1874

55 minutes ago, DS98 said:

You said Porteous is no worse than the other options. I’m not fussed mate, stick to your guns. If you think he’s decent then fair enough. 

I think he’s absolutely chronic and a lot of Hibs fans who go watch him week in week out agree with me. It’s also incredible that in the past few years we’ve had Paul Hanlon, Paul Mcginn and Louis ****ing Stevenson called up. When you add ‘Porto’ to that it’s nothing short of embarrassing. 

If you read what I  wrote instead of nit picking....

I started by saying we don't have good CDs and later that Porteous was no worse than other possibilities.

You seem to know a lot of Hibs fans and have deep belief in their opinions  Are you posting "for a friend"?

16 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Hanley or Porteous shouldn’t be anywhere near the international stage imo. 

Couldn't agree more. Just baffling... Hanley has cost Scotland more goals in the last 3 qualifying stages than we've scored, yet gets picked every single time! And Porteous, 🤣 well.....

2 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Couldn't agree more. Just baffling... Hanley has cost Scotland more goals in the last 3 qualifying stages than we've scored, yet gets picked every single time! And Porteous, 🤣 well.....

Put the two together and KABOOM!!!

On 13/09/2022 at 10:32, Rudy T said:

There’s absolutely no bias here when I say Porteous over Steven Kingsley is a wind up. 

Almost pissed myself laughing when I seen that. Are Clark's eyes painted on?

Edited by Pans Jambo

5 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

I didn't realise that Porto was better than Halkett and Kingsley.  Lucky it's not me that picks the squad.  😂

Both have been injured of late and in these circumstances I wouldn't have wanted them picked anyway.

On 13/09/2022 at 23:49, Kiwidoug said:

I am sorry that Souttar and Halkett aren't able to be selected to play in front of Craig Gordon. 

What is happening with Souttar? Is he injured or is he another classic example of the OF buying the best Scottish talent to warm their bench?

6 hours ago, Tazio said:

Robbie McCrorie. Fecking who? 

Rangers 3rd choice Goalie. It's mental.

Clark shouldn't be in the sqaud but he should be infront of McCrorie in the pecking order. Shows how short of keepers we are after Gordon now Marshall and McGregor.

There’s a good chance a slightly injured Kingsley and a still not up to speed(going by the fact he wasn’t on the bench this weekend) Clarke have been asked to say no to a call up by neilson.

It’s important we do well in the league. Extra time with the squad/rest is more important to bench warming for Scotland. 

On 15/09/2022 at 11:31, Mr Kipling said:

What is happening with Souttar? Is he injured or is he another classic example of the OF buying the best Scottish talent to warm their bench?

Souttar is almost permanently injured.

2 hours ago, Chillidigits said:

Wonder if Craig will be rested, at least for the first game. Got a knock on Sunday.

With no proper experienced cover I wouldnt count on it.

The wee man got a couple of tickets through school so I'm driving through. Never been to a Scotland game by car (or sober). We're in the east stand, any recommendations on where to park? 

8 minutes ago, Eddiepolio3 said:

The wee man got a couple of tickets through school so I'm driving through. Never been to a Scotland game by car (or sober). We're in the east stand, any recommendations on where to park? 

Cue dozens of posts saying "Embra park"

1 hour ago, Eddiepolio3 said:

near the international bar for getting our quick. 

29 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Premier sports must be raging.  The amount of times their games are doubled up by a Freeview channel is quite funny.

Our semi final v Hibs was on BBC as well.   The cup final is always on BBC too.

Halkett, Kingsley, Lindsey, Wallace, Kerr, Cooper (tho he might be injured) are all centre backs I would have ahead of Porteous and Handley just off the top of my head.

Clarke obviously doesn’t have much confidence in some of our CB’s technical skills or passing ability as he tends to take one of our potential best midfielders and play him at the back where he can be suspect (not really his fault as he is no centre back). But we have the likes of Souttar (if he can get himself off a treatment table for long enough) and Kingsley.

Personally I would go with the following lineup (if all available):

3-4(diamond)-1 with wingbacks

Gordon

Souttar  Kingsley  Tierney

Patterson            Gilmour             Robertson
             McTominay          McGinn

McKay

Adam

If I was to chuck a team together with the available squad I’d probably go with:

____________________Gordon

___________Hickey__Hendry__McKenna

Patterson__McTominay__Gilmour__Tierney

_________________Fraser__McGinn

_____________________Adams

Plays to everyone’s best attributes (yes I know Hickey is a right back but he’s fantastic at defending)

1 hour ago, Arfur said:

Halkett, Kingsley, Lindsey, Wallace, Kerr, Cooper (tho he might be injured) are all centre backs I would have ahead of Porteous and Handley just off the top of my head.

Clarke obviously doesn’t have much confidence in some of our CB’s technical skills or passing ability as he tends to take one of our potential best midfielders and play him at the back where he can be suspect (not really his fault as he is no centre back). But we have the likes of Souttar (if he can get himself off a treatment table for long enough) and Kingsley.

Personally I would go with the following lineup (if all available):

3-4(diamond)-1 with wingbacks

Gordon

Souttar  Kingsley  Tierney

Patterson            Gilmour             Robertson
             McTominay          McGinn

McKay

Adam

I'd probably swap Gilmour and McTominay around, but I like that team. I don't think Kingsley gets in the same team as Tierney. Brightside is, Tierney is made of glass. 

LochcarronJambo
3 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Premier sports must be raging.  The amount of times their games are doubled up by a Freeview channel is quite funny.

Our semi final v Hibs was on BBC as well.   The cup final is always on BBC too.

Premier Sports made a deal with ITV for this game

LochcarronJambo

I will be at both Hampden games this week, fervently supporting my country, but will be p****** off is Porteous gets anywhere near the team, not because he plays for Hibs, but because he is a total liability, staggered Clarke cannot see that, should be nowhere near the squad

15 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Scotland game is on also ITV 4 by the way.

On Vix TV Deportes in U.S.A.

ViX Image

UEFA Nations League

Escocia vs Ucrania

SEPTIEMBRE 21 - 11.45am

2 hours ago, LochcarronJambo said:

I will be at both Hampden games this week, fervently supporting my country, but will be p****** off is Porteous gets anywhere near the team, not because he plays for Hibs, but because he is a total liability, staggered Clarke cannot see that, should be nowhere near the squad

I’m going because I drive a bunch of mates through on a minibus for midweek games. I get a ticket with a mate but he has tested positive for COVID (Sunday) and can’t go tomorrow. If Porteous is selected and I’ll be sitting on my own there’s a good chance I’ll plonk myself on the minibus with my iPad and watch a movie!

1 hour ago, Smoked-Glass said:

Ok. But still, don't they want ppl to subscribe?

They want money. If ITV pay more than they expect to gain from subscribers they'll be happy.

14 hours ago, Eddiepolio3 said:

Rutherglen side side roads by the 100 acre pub mate. 

12 hours ago, Smoked-Glass said:

So win our group and we get a play off route is that correct?

Yeah that's right. Could also make the playoffs if we finish second in our group but say Ukraine won it and then qualified via the standard process. The draw for the standard qualifiers is in a couple of weeks. Winning our nations league group would also give us favourable seeding for that draw. So these games are actually really big. Hope we play like we know that. 

2 hours ago, Snorri1 said:

Yeah that's right. Could also make the playoffs if we finish second in our group but say Ukraine won it and then qualified via the standard process. The draw for the standard qualifiers is in a couple of weeks. Winning our nations league group would also give us favourable seeding for that draw. So these games are actually really big. Hope we play like we know that. 

9 th October for the draw. Wee date for the calendar 👍

2 hours ago, briever said:

Just noticed the game is on ITV4 tonight - when did that happen?

Still wont bring myself to watch another pumping.

Close to STV when im watching corrie, might peep in during the boring adverts.

Where are we in the league, 

2 hours ago, briever said:

Just noticed the game is on ITV4 tonight - when did that happen?

Still wont bring myself to watch another pumping.

I wouldn't cross the road to watch them.

Any time we do qualify for something it is always through the back door with play offs.

33 minutes ago, Australis said:

I wouldn't cross the road to watch them.

Any time we do qualify for something it is always through the back door with play offs.

Well we will never win a group so yea play offs are the only way.  🤷

Also what do you mean by ANYTIME lol. Only happened once 🤣🤣🤣

13 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Do Sky not have the rights for Scotland games anymore ? 

im sure its Premier sports giving the game to ITV 4, strange one.

13 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Do Sky not have the rights for Scotland games anymore ? 

No.. premier sports taking over.   They won't get far if their games double up on Freeview through 😃

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Steve Clarke defending Porteous.

What a tosser. 

Which one?... or both? I think the collective term is 'tossers'. Either way they're both fuds.

• davemclaren changed the title to Ukraine v Scotland - match thread (merged)