Mini Budget

Dazo

3 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Just like the last 12 years.

We're at the vinegar strokes now of the conversion of public purse to private pockets. 

When the Roman Army left an area their final insult to the people left was them salting the soil - this is what the Tories are going to do for the next 2yrs.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• Mikey1874

• Victorian

• ri Alban

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

too much carrot and not enough stick.  Folk on the internet moaning about how poor they are from their taxpayer subsidised £1k iPhone, watching the news on their taxpayer funded Sky subscription.

the only people who deserve additional help are those who work their arses off in essential and don’t earn enough to have a good quality of life, teachers, police, nurses etc and those with a genuine medical condition.   freeloaders and folk happy to have an easy life. No sympathy. 

Imagine being a human embodiment of a Daily Mail article.

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Good for you. See when you fail to win independence, you'll find the reasons are a lot to do with what you have hoped for.

Majority of Scots voters who work hard, put in graft, do the hard hours aren't willing subsidise those who won't do the same.

You might not like it, but if you don't recognise it, you will never win referendum.

in a nutshell. A nation full of people who believe they DESERVE a handout. You don’t deserve anything in life. It needs to be earned. If you want an easy life then you deserve nothing.

as per earlier. Nurses, Police, firemen etc - essential workers they deserve higher pay. Not free ****ing bus passes so that little wanky youths find it easier to get around and peddle illegal shit. 

1 hour ago, FWJ said:

I think that depends.  I’ve got friends with 3 kids quite close in ages, all went to university.  They had been toying with moving to England (work opportunities) but with tuition fees to consider it paid them to stay in Edinburgh.

But once they have their degree will they make the move then? Right now it pays them to stay, free tuition, much cheaper cost of living.

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

in a nutshell. A nation full of people who believe they DESERVE a handout. You don’t deserve anything in life. It needs to be earned. If you want an easy life then you deserve nothing.

as per earlier. Nurses, Police, firemen etc - essential workers they deserve higher pay. Not free ****ing bus passes so that little wanky youths find it easier to get around and peddle illegal shit. 

Jeezo,

Paint an ENTIRE nation as handout junkies.

Suggest that free bus passes for under 21's mean we cant pay for Nurses, Police Firemans pay.

Paint an entire age group of people as "wanky" and dealing in black market "shit".

Are you from North Korea or a former Hitler Youth member???

Edited by Pans Jambo

The Mighty Thor
21 minutes ago, briever said:

Lets hope none of you are going on holiday to the USA this week.

image.png.a46870cd4ca29cf05a632ef368b04203.png

There's the verdict right there.

The pound is going to get raped.

I see the flag waving, Catholic hating, halfwits have appeared and its all the fault of the dole scroungers now?

The melt down continues unabashed. 😂

8 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Good for you. See when you fail to win independence, you'll find the reasons are a lot to do with what you have hoped for.

Majority of Scots voters who work hard, put in graft, do the hard hours aren't willing subsidise those who won't do the same.

You might not like it, but if you don't recognise it, you will never win referendum.

You don't subsidise anyone. It's a big pot that the government use to run the country. You have an over inflated sense of self importance. Most people want a fairer country, not the greed is good, you do. But keep up your British standards of stepping on the wee guy, and then asking them to use the big pot to recoup your debts and loses.

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

You don't subsidise anyone. It's a big pot that the government use to run the country. You have an over inflated sense of self importance. Most people want a fairer country, not the greed is good, you do. But keep up your British standards of stepping on the wee guy, and then asking them to use the big pot to recoup your debts and loses.

Why do all these rabid right wing fuds chose to live in Scotland?  Surely their spiritual homeland darn sarf is calling?

2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Jeezo,

Paint an ENTIRE nation as handout junkies.

Suggest that free bus passes for under 21's mean we cant pay for Nurses, Police Firemans pay.

Paint an entire age group of people as "wanky" and dealing in black market "shit".

Are you from North Korea or a former Hitler Youth member???

I suggest you walk around any central belt town on and given day and day and observe the detritus.  Working from home, and not in the city has certainly opened my eyes

Those who believe they are owned an existence is embarrassing. 

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Hopefully the SNP sticks 5p back on these high earners. They can all feck off if they like, they won't get to rob Scotland and some others can make money from Scotland by putting money back.

Do you work for Kate Forbes or are you just one of her special advisors?

I'd put money on it, that Scotland as country would like see our natural resources used to benefit the people of the country and make life worth living. And not the 1% who bleed us dry.

2 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Do you work for Kate Forbes or are you just one of her special advisors?

Just a nobody with an opinion. I leave things like this to the experts. A pity experts don't run for office.

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

I suggest you walk around any central belt town on and given day and day and observe the detritus.  Working from home, and not in the city has certainly opened my eyes

Those who believe they are owned an existence is embarrassing. 

Aye? Try and get a parking slot at the Fort in Edinburgh any given weekend. The Audi's and BMW's suggest that the "detritus" isnt as bad as you make out.

Of course your example and mine doesn't stand up to any scrutiny but in percentage terms, the amount of folk who are unemployed is at its lowest in years. Likely a lot of those will be in low paid work but you are painting a picture that theres a whole swathe of the populous that hang around and cant be arsed working. Not saying theres not folk like that but not in the way you describe.  

Just now, Pans Jambo said:

Aye? Try and get a parking slot at the Fort in Edinburgh any given weekend. The Audi's and BMW's suggest that the "detritus" isnt as bad as you make out.

Of course your example and mine doesn't stand up to any scrutiny but in percentage terms, the amount of folk who are unemployed is at its lowest in years. Likely a lot of those will be in low paid work but you are painting a picture that theres a whole swathe of the populous that hang around and cant be arsed working. Not saying theres not folk like that but not in the way you describe.  

Everyone has heard an anecdotal story of a family who skive, know the system and live off benefits - the difference is everyone isn't a moron who extrapolates this to large swathes of the population.

Just now, briever said:

Everyone has heard an anecdotal story of a family who skive, know the system and live off benefits - the difference is everyone isn't a moron who extrapolates this to large swathes of the population.

Indeed :thumbs_up:

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Just a nobody with an opinion. I leave things like this to the experts. A pity experts don't run for office.

Quite, anyone smart enough would run a mile from the myopic arseholes that constantly pour scorn and derision over everything they do. 

7 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I agree also btw, too many people borrowing beyond their means for luxury items such as Audi’s / BMW.

my nephew earns about £20k per year and drives a Mercedes and wears a £3k watch, and has an iPhone 14. He believes he is entitled to these luxury goods 😂

People on the broom for live are usually people who didn't have a chance at the very start, then crime, drink or drugs take control. It's not by choice, it's by circumstance. Oh and back lick can happen to those who think they are better than them. The mind is feeble and one event, one piece of bad luck, or one bad encounter and you'll be signing on, in rehab and the one being on the downside of a snobs nose. Be very careful how you treat people, cause you might need help.

10 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I'd put money on it, that Scotland as country would like see our natural resources used to benefit the people of the country and make life worth living. And not the 1% who bleed us dry.

Our natural resources are all but gone but that asod, I’m fine with taxing the 0.1 %. - NOT with taxing the 5-10% who burst their arses working 60/70 hour weeks trying to do a little better for themsleves and their families only to be taxed to feck to support the 30%  who want to do absolutely nothing. 

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

People on the broom for live are usually people who didn't have a chance at the very start, then crime, drink or drugs take control. It's not by choice, it's by circumstance. Oh and back lick can happen to those who think they are better than them. The mind is feeble and one event, one piece of bad luck, or one bad encounter and you'll be signing on, in rehab and the one being on the downside of a snobs nose. Be very careful how you treat people, cause you might need help.

Should need a licence to have kids . That would sort out the first problem 

23 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

too much carrot and not enough stick.  Folk on the internet moaning about how poor they are from their taxpayer subsidised £1k iPhone, watching the news on their taxpayer funded Sky subscription.

the only people who deserve additional help are those who work their arses off in essential and don’t earn enough to have a good quality of life, teachers, police, nurses etc and those with a genuine medical condition.   freeloaders and folk happy to have an easy life. No sympathy. 

So how does one separate freeloaders and those in genuine need. Or do we class ALL who are on the dole as lazy freeloaders??

Look closer to the banks and this governments track record of raiding the public purse ,(COVID PPI), to give millions in contacts for their mates.

Dangerous game  this labeling  those out of work as freeloaders. 

Not got a problem with those who worked hard to have a decent life but the rich are getting richer and the poor even in a worse place now. That budget was aimed at the well off, just like every other Tory budget.

The Mighty Thor

This has been dragged into skivers and dole spongers? 

The chancellor just announced a budget that helps 629,000 people out of a population of 67 million. 

Unless you earn more than £155,000 you just got reamed. 

But benefit scroungers likesy 😂

Feck me, some of the mouthbreathers on here need professional help. 

I agree also btw, too many people borrowing beyond their means for luxury items such as Audi’s / BMW.

my nephew earns about £20k per year and drives a Mercedes and wears a £3k watch, and has an iPhone 14. He believes he is entitled to these luxury goods 😂

I think we have common ground there. My 22 year old daughter is the same. Wears clothes once (its embarrassing to wear stuff twice if you have had a picture on Insta wearing it on a night out), goes a night out in George Street at least once a month, goes abroad on 2 holidays a year and drives a 3 year old Audi.

Canny afford her own house though.

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

:facepalm:

You sound very draconian.  

The Mighty Thor

Our natural resources are all but gone but that asod, I’m fine with taxing the 0.1 %. - NOT with taxing the 5-10% who burst their arses working 60/70 hour weeks trying to do a little better for themsleves and their families only to be taxed to feck to support the 30%  who want to do absolutely nowt

:wonga:

2 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

This has been dragged into skivers and dole spongers? 

The chancellor just announced a budget that helps 629,000 people out of a population of 67 million. 

Unless you earn more than £155,000 you just got reamed. 

But benefit scroungers likesy 😂

Feck me, some of the mouthbreathers on here need professional help. 

Exactly what the Tories want.

2 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Quite, anyone smart enough would run a mile from the myopic arseholes that constantly pour scorn and derision over everything they do. 

Most are in it for themselves. The reason folk these days are so angry they don't know and have never known what they're are doing. Let qualified people to run the country (civil servants) and not sponsored personalities and chances run the country down, while robbing it dry. The SG may be pretty shite at it, but they can't put us out of business, WM can. 

Is Kwasi qualified? Is Kate qualified? I wouldn't send a comedian to put out fires, but we some how end up with Boris running the Country and Now Truss with Kwasi on the purse.What have they done to earn the trust and position they now hold? bud.

Malinga the Swinga
6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

What a slap in the face to those who started off disadvantaged and through their own hard work, sweat and determination have secured a better future for their families and themselves.

Everyone has a chance to do the same.

No excuse to turn to crime, it's just looking for a lazy way to make money because your frightened of working hard.

Providing people with a ready made excuse for their laziness won't encourage people to break habits.

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

They might say the same for the likes of Rees Mogg and Boris. 

8 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

So how does one separate freeloaders and those in genuine need. Or do we class ALL who are on the dole as lazy freeloaders??

Look closer to the banks and this governments track record of raiding the public purse ,(COVID PPI), to give millions in contacts for their mates.

Dangerous game  this labeling  those out of work as freeloaders. 

Not got a problem with those who worked hard to have a decent life but the rich are getting richer and the poor even in a worse place now. That budget was aimed at the well off, just like every other Tory budget.

The biggest freeloader buried his maw last Monday.

The Mighty Thor
6 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

What a slap in the face to those who started off disadvantaged and through their own hard work, sweat and determination have secured a better future for their families and themselves.

Everyone has a chance to do the same.

No excuse to turn to crime, it's just looking for a lazy way to make money because your frightened of working hard.

Providing people with a ready made excuse for their laziness won't encourage people to break habits.

You could always win the vaginal lotto and be born into the inbred House of Windsor where you'll be ably rewarded for er....hard work 

42 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Really, No sympathy, its the Tory way.

Budget, what budget, did it include the poor??  Did it feck. And not all poor people are freeloaders. 

Lets get back to pre welfare days before Labour introduced it and the NHS.

Underfunding in schools, NHS public services is NOT the fault of the poor, its this present governments policies thats at fault.    

307763777_5858245294209932_4811507019241255654_n.jpg

People talking shite about people who made from the bottom, most who made it will be the first to offer a hand to those who didn't. There is the odd(operative word) exception who think money makes them better. You're just the same shite you were with money in the bank. So away and count your money, we'll count on our friends and family.

Just now, ri Alban said:

People talking shite about people who made from the bottom, most who made it will be the first to offer a hand to those who didn't. There is the odd(operative word) exception who think money makes them better. You're just the same shite you were with money in the bank. So away and count your money, we'll count on our friends and family.

Preach 🙌🙌

Dennis Reynolds
58 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Scotland unlikely to follow suit with the 45% threshold income tax cut.  

So I could literally buy a flat in northern England, declare it to be my home address, use the reduced tax I will be charged to pay the mortgage and rent it out. My take home will be roughly the same  and I’ll have someone else paying for the majority of a nice juicy asset.

where do I sign up .. shame Scotland will be about to lose my tax revenue. 

Yes, all your sums are absolutely spot on and I can see absolutely no fault in this plan at all. Go for it! So smart.

I try to remain quite pragmatic on this kind of stuff and don't generally exist on either end of the debate, then I read some of the guff on the last page of this thread and it reminds me of the pomposity of some who could do with walking a mile in others shoes.

4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I'm in my 50s - had good well paying jobs most of my life and been lucky never to be on the dole or in need of help from the state.   Been a couple of times when teetering on the edge during a divorce etc, but managed to limp along.  I know I got to where I am because I was lucky, lucky to grow up on a council estate in a stable loving family, in a council estate that had families who earned enough to live, eat and heat their homes.  I then was able to use the education system provided by my family and neighbours taxes to educate myself.

The end product being someone who is happy to pay my way for the betterment of society and not a **** who thinks everything they have in life is solely down to them.  They are worse than the wealthy scum who exploit them - they at least are honest in their ****ery.

5 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Yes, all your sums are absolutely spot on and I can see absolutely no fault in this plan at all. Go for it! So smart.

Well factually speaking I’m now just over £340 per month worse off than my colleagues who reside south of the border. It would maybe be a small flat 😂

so whilst I was being a little bit flippant,  The point stands in that it is very dangerous to have materially different taxation within the confines of the same country - I would suggest that this will prove to be a little lesson in how independence would actually play out.

me personally - I will of look at the sums, and my options to make sure every penny that can remain in my pocket, remains in my pocket regardless of whether that benefits the budget or Westminster or Edinburgh.  That is of no concern to me. 

The Real Maroonblood
7 minutes ago, briever said:

I'm in my 50s - had good well paying jobs most of my life and been lucky never to be on the dole or in need of help from the state.   Been a couple of times when teetering on the edge during a divorce etc, but managed to limp along.  I know I got to where I am because I was lucky, lucky to grow up on a council estate in a stable loving family, in a council estate that had families who earned enough to live, eat and heat their homes.  I then was able to use the education system provided by my family and neighbours taxes to educate myself.

The end product being someone who is happy to pay my way for the betterment of society and not a **** who thinks everything they have in life is solely down to them.  They are worse than the wealthy scum who exploit them - they at least are honest in their ****ery.

I’m a lot older than you but I echo your sentiments.

1 hour ago, briever said:

Lets hope none of you are going on holiday to the USA this week.

image.png.a46870cd4ca29cf05a632ef368b04203.png

I'm here at the moment and thought the rate was bad enough last week never mind waking up to that. Thank god I’m heading home Tom 

The Mighty Thor
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Well factually speaking I’m now just over £340 per month worse off than my colleagues who reside south of the border. It would maybe be a small flat 😂

so whilst I was being a little bit flippant,  The point stands in that it is very dangerous to have materially different taxation within the confines of the same country - I would suggest that this will prove to be a little lesson in how independence would actually play out.

me personally - I will of look at the sums, and my options to make sure every penny that can remain in my pocket, remains in my pocket regardless of whether that benefits the budget or Westminster or Edinburgh.  That is of no concern to me. 

You've not read the small print. Today's sleight of hand will be swallowed up by changes to personal allowances in the next few years, unless of course you earn over 155,000.

However I'm sure Scotland would probably recover from the loss of you taking your vast personal wealth south of the border. It might be difficult but I reckon we'll pull through. 

Your empathy and warmth to those less well off would definitely be missed.

33 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

You could always win the vaginal lotto and be born into the inbred House of Windsor where you'll be ably rewarded for er....hard work 

Good point.

Billions of tax hidden in offshore accounts.

Billions wasted on failed COVID PPI.Unless you were one of the Tories mates of shareholder.The real freeloaders gave themselves away then. 

Millions of voters fell for the biggest LIAR and con artist Boris..

Add to that the insidious increases in child poverty under this corporate elect.

Biggest underfunding of the NHS by any government.

Big increases in  the  building  of private invested homes and the biggest fall in the funding and building of affordable and social housing.

Biggest  cuts on the welfare state , pusing more and more into  extreme poverty and homelessness. 

Biggest increases of any government in the numbers of homeless.

All in it together they once cried.....

The British must be the biggest bunch of bend overs and take it dry  in Europe.  

We now have the possibility of a neo nazi extreme right wing government in Italy judging by the latest polls there.

Urban areas/disadvantaged and poor parts of UK will become un policeable, its already manifesting here in the % of police attending social anarchy.. 

The NHS will become largely privatised/private. 

Royal Mail under its current CEO are going down this route.

Health insurance will be unaffordable for millions of poor and the old.  

In short it's a nightmare of a world to come for our children or grand kids. 

Sounds  like something out of a dystopian future movie, but not far of the real possibility.  

Edited by maroonlegions

32 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

The mind is feeble and one event, one piece of bad luck, or one bad encounter and you'll be signing on, in rehab and the one being on the downside of a snobs nose. Be very careful how you treat people, cause you might need help.

Well said,I worked my ass off even before leaving school and payed my taxes etc. I got cancer so had to stop working,not one person from the government helped me in to what I could get. I had to go to a charity Maggie's Cancer centre,where they helped me with a total mountain of paper work and all the phone calls,it was bad enough dealing with my illness and subsequent chemo,to have to jump through hoops to get any state aid I was entitled to.. I am forever grateful to the work of that charity and our magnificent NHS. Now I have to survive on a meager private pension that is taxed to the hilt because my Mrs works and we are taxed as a couple. Some folk just never know how lucky they are...what I have now can't be measured in pounds Schillings or pence,I have my health and freedom away from one very corrupted system.