Have you put the heating on yet?

Greedy Jambo

22 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

😂 Just curious. 

I've had the windows open because i'm hard as nails. 

I sleep in the freezer with no socks on🤪

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Greedy Jambo

• JudyJudyJudy

• The Real Maroonblood

• Harry Potter

I never usually put the heating on until late Oct / early Nov.  It's usually off again before end March, so probably only on for 5 months a year on average.  

17 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

My heating is on 24/7……temperature control on the radiator in each room…….heating a house up from scratch is very cost ineffective as your central heating has to work its backside off if the room is very cold.  Had a new gas central heating system installed 3 years s. Moths gas bill was £38……last months £29 😁

Chilly where you are in the summer?

Heating of from April to October, (East Lothian) getting caught with the standing charge now for not using Gas...

£2.36, gas hob only, August statement...

Screenshot (80).png

Edited by OBE

highlandjambo3
1 hour ago, OBE said:

Chilly where you are in the summer?

Heating of from April to October, (East Lothian) getting caught with the standing charge now for not using Gas...

£2.36, gas hob only, August statement...

Screenshot (80).png

Not particularly cold but it’s an old stone house built in 1930 with good insulation, it’s run as a guest house now and, parts of the house (not in direct sunlight) can feel a bit chilly so we just keep the heating on all the time so guests can adjust their own radiators.  With 3 shower rooms, gas central heating and 115 people thought the house in august, a gas bill under £40 is very good.

5 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Not particularly cold but it’s an old stone house built in 1930 with good insulation, it’s run as a guest house now and, parts of the house (not in direct sunlight) can feel a bit chilly so we just keep the heating on all the time so guests can adjust their own radiators.  With 3 shower rooms, gas central heating and 115 people thought the house in august, a gas bill under £40 is very good.

It's a guest house, say no more, gotta look after the clients...:thumb:

115 guests in August, well done...

Edited by OBE

luckyBatistuta

Heating not on yet, but very soon. It’s definitely getting a lot colder in the evenings now. Just found out that a tradesman who did a job for myself just before the summer had turned off my solar panels by accident. Lost around £1k back to the grid and also had to pay out more too, a double whammy😭

Wood burner has been on in the kitchen which filters some heat through the rest of the house.

2500 litre heating oil tank is full.

10 bags of coal and 22 bags of peat delivered.

2 Sheds full of seasoned wood ready to burn.

Moshy towers will be toasty this winter.

:greggy:

Jambof3tornado

Had it on for 5 mins every night throughout the summer to keep things ticking over. 

It was on for 20 minutes the other day to check radiatiors etc but we have a 19°c in the living room rule,above that the heating stays off!

Coldest its been 1st thing in the morning has been 17°c but open the blinds and let mr sunshine in and it soon lifts.

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Had it on for 5 mins every night throughout the summer to keep things ticking over. 

It was on for 20 minutes the other day to check radiatiors etc but we have a 19°c in the living room rule,above that the heating stays off!

Coldest its been 1st thing in the morning has been 17°c but open the blinds and let mr sunshine in and it soon lifts.

Same -  except when you get those grey mornings and/or rainy ones (like today) when Mr Sunshine is afraid to come out!

The White Cockade

Never putting the heating ever again ! 😂

Not really but will be cutting down the time it’s on massively 

Gas and electricity bills more than doubled over here and Government don’t have the money to do anything about it

29 minutes ago, jonesy said:

It's still September. Anyone putting the heating on now, other than to check their radiators, is mental.

Some people may feel the cold more due to Ill health 

Absolutely ****ing not.  The hot weather has spoiled us, but it's still more than warm enough in the house.  The bedroom was 20.9 degrees this morning when I got up.

The boiler is all WiFi and app controlled, so it's still on "Hot Water Only" mode, and it's not going back on to heating mode until I can see my breath in the air :lol: 

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Absolutely ****ing not.  The hot weather has spoiled us, but it's still more than warm enough in the house.  The bedroom was 20.9 degrees this morning when I got up.

The boiler is all WiFi and app controlled, so it's still on "Hot Water Only" mode, and it's not going back on to heating mode until I can see my breath in the air :lol: 

👍

Got back from 3.5 weeks in Italy on Saturday,  38 degrees Celsius when we left Palermo. Lasted until Sunday night heatings been on every night since from 5pm to 11pm. 

18 degrees when i get up in the morning now, i can notice it when going for a shower, but still not cold enough to put the heating on. 

Yes a few times ………….. I am eternally grateful that I do not have to choose between that and eating though

What a rich country we live in , amazing that such a choice could even be a reality 

On 22/09/2022 at 20:27, The Real Maroonblood said:

It isn’t.

Just a lot of softies these days.

Aye me, 😕, heating on now, wife will seeth when she comes in.

Jambof3tornado
On 22/09/2022 at 20:27, The Real Maroonblood said:

It isn’t.

Just a lot of softies these days.

I remember getting dressed for school under the covers of the bed!!!

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

I remember getting dressed for school under the covers of the bed!!!

That would be when the ice was on the inside of the windows.

Jambof3tornado
5 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

That would be when the ice was on the inside of the windows.

Yup, metal framed windows,no central heating,fireplace in bedroom that didnt get lit!! remember one year mum put clingfilm like stuff over the top of the windows!!

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Yup, metal framed windows,no central heating,fireplace in bedroom that didnt get lit!! remember one year mum put clingfilm like stuff over the top of the windows!!

Changed days.

It's roasting today. 

5 hours ago, Helzibob said:

I’ve got one of them. Seriously toastie with it on. 

Oh my word, these things are hideous. 

I'm not eyeing up the Chibi Justice League one. Absolutely not. 

3 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

:lol:

Ah, the memories

My dad would have the coal fire in the kitchen on full blast , handy during the 3 day week, blackouts, 

5 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

My dad would have the coal fire in the kitchen on full blast , handy during the 3 day week, blackouts, 

My bedroom was furthest away from the living room that had the coal fire.

So had no heat coming upwards.

The bedroom above the living room had the chimney stack running up through it giving it a bit extra heat too.

I remember my granny throwing an old handbag on the fire, braw heat, but it did set the lum on fire.:peepwall:. It burnt itself off.

51 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

My bedroom was furthest away from the living room that had the coal fire.

So had no heat coming upwards.

The bedroom above the living room had the chimney stack running up through it giving it a bit extra heat too.

I remember my granny throwing an old handbag on the fire, braw heat, but it did set the lum on fire.:peepwall:. It burnt itself off.

the lum, name from the past, heating toast on the open fire. my dad had a big coal bunker in one of the outside sheds,

9 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

the lum, name from the past, heating toast on the open fire. my dad had a big coal bunker in one of the outside sheds,

one of my happiest memories of childhood...which was mainly crap ...booo hooo... was the coal fire. .  Loved it.

The heat, the glow and just the cosiness of it. Shame they are now effectively banned. 

39 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

one of my happiest memories of childhood...which was mainly crap ...booo hooo... was the coal fire. .  Loved it.

The heat, the glow and just the cosiness of it. Shame they are now effectively banned. 

Good post bud, aye my auld kitchen holds a lot of memories for me, having our tea round the table.

21 hours ago, Gizmo said:

It's roasting today. 

Oh my word, these things are hideous. 

I'm not eyeing up the Chibi Justice League one. Absolutely not. 

Totally agree. However they are really comfy and warm. I also have the crocs with the fleece lining for in the house. I promise I don’t go out in public in them though. 🙈

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Best toast ever.

Jambof3tornado
8 hours ago, Harry Potter said:

Good post bud, aye my auld kitchen holds a lot of memories for me, having our tea round the table.

Me and my brother used to play ice hockey on the kitchen lino,jamjar lid for puck and 2 of grandas old hickory shafted putters for sticks!!