• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Watt-Zeefuik

• Bazzas right boot

• Hearts007

• HMFC01

Cracking result that. 2-0 away from home in a country we've never been to before. Few hairy moments at the back but nothing major to really worry us, and it really should have been more than 2.  Some slack passing and bad touches ruined some good chances. 

Second half, much better once we opened up a bit and started getting the ball moving. Devlin especially started getting into a bit more space and moving further forward helped get the ball out of the middle of the park a bit more. 

3 points and second in the group. A draw at home against Fiorentina would be very, very welcome.

13 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Just protecting the lad. Easing him in. The toughest position on the park. He was very brave tonight seemed to grow an inch taller with every touch. 

Agreed. By all accounts could have had his confidence ruined by playing against Instabul.

19 minutes ago, Barack said:

Folk on about beating Fiorentina now.

:lol:

Funny how certain folk have vanished again. 

We do need a Robbie Neilson GIF or two...

Robbie.png

17 minutes ago, Barack said:

Oh, and Halkett's injury is only a "twinge".

Not sent out like a Roman slave, to be knackered on purpose.

Who would've over-reacted to that...(?!)

that’s amazing news. Just amazing.  

Malinga the Swinga

2nd place up for grabs. Think tonights results showed that Istanbul are quality outfit and will win group.

A win at Tynecastle and we have a chance.

A win away against anyone in Europe is a great result. Well done all, we had to dig in at times but showed great team spirit and battled for each other, an area where we all have had doubts recently. Everyone played their part, but was so pleased young Neilson. Think we all needed that but  special mention to our travelling fans, their contribution cannot be underestimated, they will have the great night (and memories for ever) they deserve in Riga.

The home game v Fiorentina now looks to be a massive one for us. It’s the only one I can make it to, and after last week I thought it might be a non-event!

Listen guys I’m not a Robbie lover but we are fecked with injuries that’s down to recruitment as well but the second stringers stepped up and we got a result let’s get everyone back and see what a fit squad can do HHGH 

21 minutes ago, Barack said:

That goalie faced 30 shots v Fiorentina.

How was it not 29-1(?) 

The "effort" made for our 2nd, you'd be disappointed in your mate at Leisure Leagues 6's. Never mind Europe.

Hopeless.

I was just saying the same to the missus in the 2nd half. He's an absolute bombscare.

Great result for Hearts. Good money coming into the club. Fans will be having a great time, and deservedly so. 
A return of positivity to our club and the players won’t feel tired after such a win. 

LochcarronJambo
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

Thanks yes I saw that, but It will be a major surprise if he makes it, body language & hand on hamstring as he came off just makes it not look good….hope I am wrong

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Let's be frank, first half was erratic, 2nd half much more like the Hearts I've enjoyed last season. 

Decision making needs to be a lot better, but its a win and sets up the game in 3 weeks for a proper European night 

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

So, are we all pals again?

Mostly, except for the same small group who are downplaying result and criticising performance.

Any win in Europe in a great result, and any away win is a superb result.

If your not happy tonight as a Hearts fan, then you never will be.

43 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

no 500,000 euros

Group stage performance bonuses will be paid for each match: €500,000 per win and €166,000 per draw. Undistributed amounts (€166,000 per draw) will be pooled and redistributed among the clubs playing in the group stage in amounts proportionate to their number of wins.

https://editorial.uefa.com/resources/0277-158b0bea495a-ba6c18158cd3-1000/20220704_circular_2022_47_en.pdf

section 1.3.2 there is also a redistribution of the spare 166,000 from each draw based on position/performance so maybe more than 500k for that win

Good spot, didn’t know that.

Last year there were 70 wins and 26 draws. So that would be about 61,000 extra euros per win. Not bad at all

55 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Great stream mate

Thanks very much 😍👍

51 minutes ago, Another Robbo said:

Another thank you. Great stream!

It did turn out to be a cracking stream.

Site saved into my favourites for future. :flag2:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Mostly, except for the same small group who are downplaying result and criticising performance.

Yeah, I'm more relieved, 2nd half was a big improvement 

Fantastic night  🇱🇻❤️🇱🇻

Delighted for the Boys and Robbie

No balls over the top in the 2nd half  😃

Fans deserve the Party tonight 

🍺🍺🍺

3 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Let's be frank, first half was erratic, 2nd half much more like the Hearts I've enjoyed last season. 

Decision making needs to be a lot better, but its a win and sets up the game in 3 weeks for a proper European night 

Careful... folk on here do not like honest assessments. 

Pretty much exactly how i seen the game. I thought RFS were poor and really did not show much footballing ability. They still managed to trouble us and Gordon had to make three key saves. We made it very hard for ourselves in the first half by being slack in possession (McKay being the worst i thought). Second half we improved massively and came out deserved winners. 

I'd probably give Neilson motm just for being such a baller. Huge job and he excelled. 

Oh and drop the short corners ffs. Woeful when we are so wasteful in possession. Their keeper looked shaky as well which we probably could've manipulated with the set pieces. 

Nelly Terraces
11 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Careful... folk on here do not like honest assessments. 

Pretty much exactly how i seen the game. I thought RFS were poor and really did not show much footballing ability. They still managed to trouble us and Gordon had to make three key saves. We made it very hard for ourselves in the first half by being slack in possession (McKay being the worst i thought). Second half we improved massively and came out deserved winners. 

I'd probably give Neilson motm just for being such a baller. Huge job and he excelled. 

Oh and drop the short corners ffs. Woeful when we are so wasteful in possession. Their keeper looked shaky as well which we probably could've manipulated with the set pieces. 

Good summation of tonights performance. Great result though & hopefully gives us some confidence ahead of Saturday.

22 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

These don't come around too often. Enjoy. We're in this.

Screenshot_20220915-231357_LiveScore.jpg

Edited by Jack Torrance

Just now, DC_92 said:

But but but... They're really tall!

Hopefully the wet wipes have got a grip of themselves.

That boy they had. His neck was in the wrong place. Lanky streak of piss.

3 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Good summation of tonights performance. Great result though & hopefully gives us some confidence ahead of Saturday.

It’s not a good summation at all. It’s completely negative and doesn’t mention our numerous chances. 

Is it just me or does anyone else think Neilson is strolling through the games. An odd shaky moment but he's a real unit.

I was listening to the BT commentators and they were going on about how young he was and how it was a real gamble for the gaffer bringing him on when Halkett went off.

The boy is a real prospect.

Edited by Jack Torrance

Tom Hardy’s Dug

Gino had a great game but he should be slotting that chance home just before half time. He was only 14 yards out and full goal to aim for on both sides with just the keeper to beat

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, Wee Mikey said:

Remember, folks ... Devlin cannae pick a pass and goes backwards all the time.

🤣🤣🤣

Cammy has been increasingly adding attacking elements to his game.

Started by settling in with the defensive basics and has been very well coached to add the attacking side.

AWill be worth a few bob to us - and he has thrived in Europe this season also.

3 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

Is it just me or does anyone else think Neilson is strolling through the games. An odd shaky moment but he's a real unit.

I was listening to the BT commentators and they were going on about how young he was and how it was a real gamble for the gaffer bringing him on when Halkett went off.

The boy is a real prospect.

Totally agree. He’s going to make us some serious cash at some point. 

A young souttar. 

3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Cammy has been increasingly adding attacking elements to his game.

Started by settling in with the defensive basics and has been very well coached to add the attacking side.

AWill be worth a few bob to us - and he has thrived in Europe this season also.

Cammy is immense in the middle. Bosses it. And his cheeky wee face gets away with murder.

:smugger: