Neilson(Robbie)

gorgierulesapply88

7 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Nobody knew if Shankland would be a success either so that's a terrible example. Half the posters on here were ambivalent at best. Even yesterday folk on the Match-day thread were criticising his hold up play and lack of assists. Then he perfectly holds the ball up for the Forrest goal. 

Every player is a bit of a gamble and what the player has done in the past will determine how much of a gamble.

Humphrys history (or lack of) means he is more of a gamble than I would have liked.

Agree re Shankland - but his previous time with Neilson + his goal scoring record in Scotland means he was less of a gamble.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Naisys Tackle

• Bazzas right boot

• frankblack

• lost in space

6 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Bobmeister or Bob seems inadequate. 

King Bob seems more appropriate. 

We'll finish 3rd again. 

He'll be 3/3 for 3rd place finishes. 

Folk will talk about McInnes and other such shite. 

The goal posts will move. 

Imagine the goal post shifting that will be taking place if we get out this UEFA group or split the Old Firm or win the Scottish Cup!

2 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Every player is a bit of a gamble and what the player has done in the past will determine how much of a gamble.

Humphrys history (or lack of) means he is more of a gamble than I would have liked.

Agree re Shankland - but his previous time with Neilson + his goal scoring record in Scotland means he was less of a gamble.

If you go on Wiki you can see his history. It is very simple.  

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I suspect he’s more of a gamble than Robbie or Joe would have liked as well. Surely you just wait and see though? I doubt many clubs would have filled all the positions they needed filled with their first or even second choice targets. 

Agreed re preferred targets. I wonder what number of target Humphrys was. Not high probably.  I hope he will be brilliant, but it is a big gamble.

1 hour ago, lost in space said:

No, I havnt seen him but he when he signed, his position was described. Maybe Neilson has decided he want to play him further forward. I doubt it - he doesnt usually play an attacking mid.

He signed McEneff but didnt play him.  Maybe Grant will get a chance.

So you are really talking based on zero personal knowledge and pure, incorrect, personal supposition? 

3 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

If you go on Wiki you can see his history. It is very simple.  

Gee, thanks...

Not particularly impressive SO FAR.  Worth a punt but I would have liked to have a more experienced player - since he is our only striker after Shankland.

12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I suspect he’s more of a gamble than Robbie or Joe would have liked as well. Surely you just wait and see though? I doubt many clubs would have filled all the positions they needed filled with their first or even second choice targets. 

No such thing as a sure thing, I guess. There was every reason to think Damour would be rock for us. Similarly, I had no expectation that Berra would lose so much quality from his injury.

Likewise Zeefuik was a bit of a wildcard when we got him and he was incredible for us.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Imagine the goal post shifting that will be taking place if we get out this UEFA group or split the Old Firm or win the Scottish Cup!

If Wighton and Kingsley score 2 penalties, they are silent. 

1 hour ago, lost in space said:

Well, I have only seen the highlights - but since he was already playing Halliday, Devlin and Haring (later) maybe Neilson decided that 3 def mids were enough for one game!!!

I am going by his description when he signed and I think he (Kio) will mostly play with Devlin in front of the back 4 or 5.

That will leave Haring, Halliday, C Smith, Sibbick and Beni (when fit) to come off the bench.

So, we are supposed to just take what you ‘think’ as being definitive? 

2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

So you are really talking based on zero personal knowledge and pure, incorrect, personal supposition? 

No personal knowledge. Reported by journos / reports by some on here who seemed to know him. No supposition at all.

Just now, Led Tasso said:

No such thing as a sure thing, I guess. There was every reason to think Damour would be rock for us. Similarly, I had no expectation that Berra would lose so much quality from his injury.

Likewise Zeefuik was a bit of a wildcard when we got him and he was incredible for us.

Exactly. We’re doing well i recruitment since savage came in. We’ll sign the odd bad player or even have a bad window but nothing much to complain about. Folk saying a player ‘might’ not be good enough need to be a wee bit patient, at least until they’re able to form an opinion. 

4 minutes ago, lost in space said:

No personal knowledge. Reported by journos / reports by some on here who seemed to know him. No supposition at all.

Clearly it’s all supposition.  You just suppose that the journos and some posters on here are correct rather the proof of watching him play for previous club and now Hearts. 

5 minutes ago, lost in space said:

if you like. It works for me.

People like you destroy forums like this.  Wonder what your previous accounts were called. 

8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

People like you destroy forums like this.  Wonder what your previous accounts were called. 

What was the name of those 2 accounts a few   years ago that would always appear backing each other up when stirring the pot ? 

Wish I could remember,  he has a posting history very similar to both of them, you only live thrice , lol.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

This has been done to death every time it comes up, but first of all, some of his closest competition in the win percentage is Doddie, who also had a spell in the Championship. Second of all, he nearly got 100 points and 100 goals in the only Championship in memory with three of Scotland's five biggest clubs in it, including Rangers who had a far higher budget, even that season. Third, his win percentage in the top flight is still above 50% last I checked, which is still the highest since Walker for any manager with at least one full season in charge.

I realize it's hard to get news in Leith these days, but for those struggling to keep up.

1. The Head Coach arrangement ended when Levein left. I realize that only happened like four years ago but I thought it would have made it through.

2. Hearts beat Rangers in Glasgow in his first ever league match in charge. He beat Celtic at Tynecastle just last year. Is their something in the water in Lochend that causes memory loss?

3. Robbie's European record before this year was 2W 1D 1L. Yes, the Birkirkara loss was ugly but he got two wins over Infonet before that tie. People who have been following Hearts since then generally remember that.

4. He also thumped Hibs out of the cup in the semi-final in Hampden, guaranteeing us millions in revenue from Europe and ending the Hibs management career of Maloney. It's strange that you two seem to be trying to forget this.

Oh, what do I know. It's hard to tell if you're Hibs trolls or just incredibly incurious and uniformed.

You forgot him pumping Hibs out the cup semi when we were in the Championship then taking Celtic to pens in the final. One unusually poor dead ball kick from Kingsley being all that stopped us winning it.

Of course the Robbie haters would say that he was told to not hit the ball too hard towards the goal by Robbie. You know like he tells wing backs not to go over the half way line…

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

11 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Clearly it’s all supposition.  You just suppose that the journos and some posters on here are correct rather the proof of watching him play for previous club and now Hearts. 

I would prefer to go with the view of people who have seen him play previously + the reports from journos, than someone who has seen him play in 1 game. 

His own comment - "I am very difficult; I run, I tackle, I get around the pitch". Sounds like a defensive mid to me.

If you go on to the Transfer Market site (no idea if it is reliable) it describes him as a "defensive midfielder".

So it isnt just me then.

20 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Sorry - but there is only ONE me!!

The only people who destroy forums like this are the posters who cant stand others who have different opinions.

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Did you have to?!

It's horrible. 

But true. 

The "not winning a trophy" thing was thrown at Doddie and it suits the "phoodle" lots agenda. 

2 penalties and that bbc documentary has a extra part. 

29 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It's horrible. 

But true. 

The "not winning a trophy" thing was thrown at Doddie and it suits the "phoodle" lots agenda. 

2 penalties and that bbc documentary has a extra part. 

The excruciating part is that Kingsley scores all those belter free kicks and Wighton had scored a perfect pen in a previous game...

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The excruciating part is that Kingsley scores all those belter free kicks and Wighton had scored a perfect pen in a previous game...

It is. 

But for the small phoodle rabble it's their holy grail. 

If we'd won that cup nothing they said would matter. They'd be stumped. 

One might say they are glad we got beat in the final. 

( there was proof of that in the 1-2 v Celtic as a poster clarified their position on that). 

55 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It is. 

( there was proof of that in the 1-2 v Celtic as a poster clarified their position on that). 

We didn't win though, we lost.   It doesn't make him a poor manager no, but it would make him a more successful one. 

Tommy Burns was an Andy Goram penalty save away from breaking 9 in a row and winning the league for Celtic becoming a legend as a player and manager.  He didn't though and lost his job a wee while later. 

58 minutes ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It is. 

Thought you had changed sides 🤔 

1 hour ago, Bazzas right boot said:

It is. 

Wonder what the response would be to back to back wins against Rangers and Fiorentina. That would surely abate even the frothiest of the forum?

Edited by Mr Elwood P

17 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

We didn't win though, we lost.   It doesn't make him a poor manager no, but it would make him a more successful one. 

Tommy Burns was an Andy Goram penalty save away from breaking 9 in a row and winning the league for Celtic becoming a legend as a player and manager.  He didn't though and lost his job a wee while later. 

Robbie won't be losing his job though. He'll be getting poached for a third time if anything. Perhaps this time folk will see his worth ...

1 minute ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Robbie won't be losing his job though. He'll be getting poached for a third time if anything. Perhaps this time folk will see his worth ...

True and neither he deserves to but that kind of thing happens.  Nobody remembers the penalty misses etc really when it comes to cementing a managers legacy.

There's plenty jobs that will come up from League 1 between now and the end of the year.  Lets hope none of them appeal to him. 

3 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

True and neither he deserves to but that kind of thing happens.  Nobody remembers the penalty misses etc really when it comes to cementing a managers legacy.

There's plenty jobs that will come up from League 1 between now and the end of the year.  Lets hope none of them appeal to him. 

You've literally just recounted how a missed penalty for Celtic decades ago changed an entire narrative? One of our most famous narratives is losing 2-0 at Dens Park. Helicopter Sunday, Liverpool in Istanbul, Manchester United v Bayern, the more dramatic the climax the more it will be remembered. That Celtic final is different as we didn't have fans. We'd

maybe have won it if we did ...

12 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

You've literally just recounted how a missed penalty for Celtic decades ago changed an entire narrative? One of our most famous narratives is losing 2-0 at Dens Park. Helicopter Sunday, Liverpool in Istanbul, Manchester United v Bayern, the more dramatic the climax the more it will be remembered. That Celtic final is different as we didn't have fans. We'd

maybe have won it if we did ...

Yes because it didn't matter overall to the loyalty or legacy of Tommy Burns.  It won't for Robbie Neilson either.  Fine margins and we are a bigger club than counting a penalty loss to a shambolic celtic as a badge of honour. 

Maybe we would have but Celtic put their shitter of a season down to the lack of fans and Lennon was punted soon after regardless.   

il Duce McTarkin
1 hour ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Bazza only celebrates when Hibs win the cup.

15 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Yes because it didn't matter overall to the loyalty or legacy of Tommy Burns.  It won't for Robbie Neilson either.  Fine margins and we are a bigger club than counting a penalty loss to a shambolic celtic as a badge of honour. 

Maybe we would have but Celtic put their shitter of a season down to the lack of fans and Lennon was punted soon after regardless.   

Shambolic Celtic? That was the previous season's Scottish Cup final to complete a quadruple treble. They imploded in early 2021 after the Dubai fiasco. Stretching incredulity to suggest that taking the team that had won 11 consecutive trophies all the way to penalties wasn't a great effort!

2 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Shambolic Celtic? That was the previous season's Scottish Cup final to complete a quadruple treble. They imploded in early 2021 after the Dubai fiasco. Stretching incredulity to suggest that taking the team that had won 11 consecutive trophies all the way to penalties wasn't a great effort!

Yes they had already lost to Rangers at Parkhead before the final and looked a shadow of the team before.  They had a shambolic season despite winning the seasons before Scottish and League Cup. 

It was some effort yes especially being in the league below and pumping Hibs in the semis.  

You are trying to look for absolute anything that could be perceived as negative and make a big deal of it. 

1 hour ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Happy clappers out in force today. 

Imagine being happy and clapping when your football team is playing well.

7 minutes ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Yes they had already lost to Rangers at Parkhead before the final and looked a shadow of the team before.  They had a shambolic season despite winning the seasons before Scottish and League Cup. 

It was some effort yes especially being in the league below and pumping Hibs in the semis.  

You are trying to look for absolute anything that could be perceived as negative and make a big deal of it. 

Look at that Celtic team that day. Then look at the level they play at now. Now look at that Hearts squad that day. Now look at the level they play at now. 

Edited by Mr Elwood P

1 hour ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Wonder what the response would be to back to back wins against Rangers and Fiorentina. That would surely abate even the frothiest of the forum?

As long as they weren't 'lucky' wins, otherwise the frothers would be pointing out that we would have lost those games if it wasn't for our opponents' poor finishing, the woodwork and Craig Gordon wonder saves.

2 minutes ago, RobNox said:

As long as they weren't 'lucky' wins, otherwise the frothers would be pointing out that we would have lost those games if it wasn't for our opponents' poor finishing, the woodwork and Craig Gordon wonder saves.

The Craig Gordon patter is bizarre. If you didn't have such a good player, you wouldn't get such good results. No shit! 

39 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

The Craig Gordon patter is bizarre. If you didn't have such a good player, you wouldn't get such good results. No shit! 

Yeah, it's like saying if we didn't have Robbo up front back in the day, we'd never have put together those long unbeaten runs against the wee team.  We went 22 games unbeaten, but the frothers would point out that if Robbo hadn't scored, we'd have lost 9 of those games and another 8 wins would have been draws, so we'd only have won 5 out of 22, which is unacceptable. 

54 minutes ago, baron of ness said:

Explain what a happy clapper is.

Basically, on JKB you fall into 2 categories...

1. Happy Clapper - you have a generally positive outlook about the way things are going and even after a bad result or two, you remain optimistic that the club is heading in the right direction.  The Happy Clapper recognises that progress is being made, but accepts that there will be bumps in the road along the way.  The Happy Clapper does not tend to demand the sacking of the manager, CEO, Board and everyone else connected to the club after a bad run of results.

2. Pant Wetter - you have an inherent negative outlook, fuelled by completely unreasonable expectations of what the club can realistically achieve.  After a run of wins at the start of a season, you assume that the title is there for the taking, then when reality kicks in, you start to lash out at the players, manager, CEO, Board etc. because it's their fault that your expectations were falsely raised.

Happy Clappers tend to be more grounded in reality i.e. Hearts have won 4 league titles in their history, the last one being 62 years ago, and the last 37 league titles have been shared between the OF, whose financial advantage over the rest of the league has only become increasingly bigger during that period.

Pant Wetters tend to overlook those facts and will base their expectations on the 2 or 3  seasons in which we got anywhere close to potentially breaking the OF duopoly, while always falling short. 

Hope that helps!

2 hours ago, Mr Elwood P said:

Look at that Celtic team that day. Then look at the level they play at now. Now look at that Hearts squad that day. Now look at the level they play at now. 

Sorry man, you've lost me with that one?  Not sure what difference that has much? 

Both Hearts and Celtic are better now than we are in that final.  We are in Europe long term and they are in the Champions League. 

The Grim Reaper
8 hours ago, baron of ness said:

Explain what a happy clapper is.

An agenda driven, Robbie Neilson propagandist who doesn’t look at results and performances objectively. 

6 hours ago, RobNox said:

Basically, on JKB you fall into 2 categories...

1. Happy Clapper - you have a generally positive outlook about the way things are going and even after a bad result or two, you remain optimistic that the club is heading in the right direction.  The Happy Clapper recognises that progress is being made, but accepts that there will be bumps in the road along the way.  The Happy Clapper does not tend to demand the sacking of the manager, CEO, Board and everyone else connected to the club after a bad run of results.

2. Pant Wetter - you have an inherent negative outlook, fuelled by completely unreasonable expectations of what the club can realistically achieve.  After a run of wins at the start of a season, you assume that the title is there for the taking, then when reality kicks in, you start to lash out at the players, manager, CEO, Board etc. because it's their fault that your expectations were falsely raised.

Happy Clappers tend to be more grounded in reality i.e. Hearts have won 4 league titles in their history, the last one being 62 years ago, and the last 37 league titles have been shared between the OF, whose financial advantage over the rest of the league has only become increasingly bigger during that period.

Pant Wetters tend to overlook those facts and will base their expectations on the 2 or 3  seasons in which we got anywhere close to potentially breaking the OF duopoly, while always falling short. 

Hope that helps!

Happy Clappers are as daft as pant wetters, just the polar opposite. See Craig Levein threads for proof. 😀

Bazzas right boot
13 hours ago, lost in space said:

Agreed re preferred targets. I wonder what number of target Humphrys was. Not high probably.  I hope he will be brilliant, but it is a big gamble.

He's on loan so he's a low risk gamble. 

Bazzas right boot
10 hours ago, Robbies Tackle said:

Exactly, it's the rabids holy grail.