• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• briever

• Unknown user

• manaliveits105

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

More class in my big toe than you have in your whole body.

On the this subject you are pontificating about, like so many others you pontificate about, you are absolutely clueless.

👍

4 hours ago, John Findlay said:

One hundred percent. Very proud of it too.

Next?

what ri ought to have said is 'thank you for your service'. thankfully some folks are prepared to put themselves in harms way to protect folks (like me) who aren't brave enough to do so.

3 hours ago, briever said:

The naval equivalent of shooting a retreating soldier in the back.

You're a classy guy Findlay.

Absurd analogy.

Anyhoo, the topic of the thread is "The Queen".

45 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I don't reckon it was totally his call to be fair.

Nope it was this c%% 

Her popularity was on the slide. 

R (6).jpg

56 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Nope it was this c%% 

Her popularity was on the slide. 

R (6).jpg

Correct! An absolute abhorrent person. People died because of her. With you on this James 👍

dobmisterdobster
12 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Correct! An absolute abhorrent person. People died because of her. With you on this James 👍

People died because Argentina invaded. What was she supposed to do?

2 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

People died because Argentina invaded. What was she supposed to do?

Not bomb the Belgrano, negotiate, use all means necessary not to escalate. Was it a price worth paying for our people and Argentinians to die? 

21 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Theres a place in hell for her. 

been here before
2 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Not bomb the Belgrano, negotiate, use all means necessary not to escalate. Was it a price worth paying for our people and Argentinians to die? 

The Belgrano was torpedoed.

8 minutes ago, been here before said:

The Belgrano was torpedoed.

Pedant! Is a torpedo not an underwater bomb?

Edited by Roxy Hearts

4 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

I refer to that as the "Neville Chamberlain" approach.  It doesn't work against an aggressor. 

Responsibility for the 900 lives lost in the conflict rest squarely with the handful of military feckwits in Argentina who wanted to show how tough they were.

5 hours ago, Roxy Hearts said:

People died because Leopold Galtieri and his Juanta picked a fight with the wrong country.

13 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Them or us. That time it was them.

Kept the Argentine Navy in port, could argue we saved more lives than we killed.

You tell yourself that. It's what Americans tell everyone about Hiroshima and Nagasaki. :thumbsup: Good auld murderers.

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

You tell yourself that. It's what Americans tell everyone about Hiroshima and Nagasaki. :thumbsup: Good auld murderers.

I sleep soundly at night. Have done for the last forty years. 

Next?

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

People died because Leopold Galtieri and his Juanta picked a fight with the wrong country.

Your arse, even America didn't back England. Bit Hoosers were right in there, me miss me miss, well fight for your country against won who'll never get near Scotland, ever. What's that, you've a General election to win and Britnats are ravenous war mongers, and hypocrites. :thumbsup: And no-one ever in Scotland asked you to go to war against Argentina. 

Murderers!

I didn't see the same bravado when china telt you to get omg Kong back. Brits only fight wee cave men and amateurs. Any other fight you stand shouting from behind American. Shitebags.

I don't suppose it's a surprise that the folk who have had a royal family tantrum the last few weeks are stating the British army are murderer's.

17 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Your arse, even America didn't back England. Bit Hoosers were right in there, me miss me miss, well fight for your country against won who'll never get near Scotland, ever. What's that, you've a General election to win and Britnats are ravenous war mongers, and hypocrites. :thumbsup: And no-one ever in Scotland asked you to go to war against Argentina. 

Murderers!

14 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I didn't see the same bravado when china telt you to get omg Kong back. Brits only fight wee cave men and amateurs. Any other fight you stand shouting from behind American. Shitebags.

Try educating yourself. You maybe surprised at the results. Then again maybe not.

35 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

48 minutes ago, briever said:

I dont reckon it was, I wouldn't be glorying in it 40yrs later though.

What's the next subject in your sights

Remembrance day, poppy wearing or something really edgy like freeing Palestine 

25 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

What's the next subject in your sights

Remembrance day, poppy wearing or something really edgy like freeing Palestine 

What's edgy about freeing Palestine?

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

wee cave men😄, some boy ri. 

Hopefully the EU starts a military and decide Gibraltar and NI are like the Crimea. Easy money, not like the fake War of the so called Falkland islands. That was just target practice.

15 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Thatcher and her crew should have been put in the Hague for war crimes . Along with the entire English Navy.

13 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Mair true Scots should join the English military and sabotage it from within.

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Hopefully the EU starts a military and decide Gibraltar and NI are like the Crimea. Easy money, not like the fake War of the so called Falkland islands. That was just target practice.

You fell off a roof.......again?

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

What the Americans have always said, and will continue to say, is that using the A bomb on Japan, in order to force them into surrender, was better for them than losing thousands of American personnel invading Japan by sea landings. Nobody asked the Japanese to attack Pearl Harbour before they were at war with America either, causing many deaths of Americans. The fanatical attitude of Japan against surrender should never be underestimated. It's a main reason why they treated POWs so terribly.  

Of course, America is still the only country to have used nuclear bombs in the theatre of war, and innocent Japanese civilians died as a result. 

23 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Mair true Scots should join the English military and sabotage it from within.

There are literally thousands of proud Scots in the British Army. You might have seen some on the telly last week.

I would bet there are more Scots than any other demographic by population in the forces. 

Or are they not true Scots ?

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

As much as the reaction to the Belgrano sinking and loss of human life was awful, it was at least military personnel on board, a long way from tens of thousands of innocent civilians being nuked out of existence.

22 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You fell off a roof.......again?

Landed in his head, again.

As much as thatcher was a horrible person, she was right to send our military to defend the Falklands as they're a British territory and the people living there class themselves as British.

33 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Gibraltar voted 98% to be British not so long ago.

17 minutes ago, superjack said:

Landed in his head, again.

As much as thatcher was a horrible person, she was right to send our military to defend the Falklands as they're a British territory and the people living there class themselves as British.

That will be why they tried to hand them back to Argentina in 1980 then.

5 hours ago, John Findlay said:

The Falklands War has always left me a little uneasy due to Thatcher. I  loathed the woman in many ways especially for the way she set about the destruction on my thoughts of a United Kingdom. Of course Britain has to protect its territories but I just think elements of that war leave me asking questions. 

I feel sorry for all the personnel who died and the families who have suffered. 

All just my thoughts on the matter. Doesn't help that I don't trust the British Establishment as they continue to prove me correct!

been here before

One of the funniest things on this board is ri when he's trying to be edgy and controversial. He's absolute shite at it and absolutely no-one but the most half witted, slack jawed simpleton takes him remotely seriously.

:rofl:

Edited by been here before

47 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

So IAW UN resolution. Anyways didn't happen and the rest his history as they say.

The talks to cede sovereignty did happen, which you previously denied.

2 minutes ago, briever said:

The talks to cede sovereignty did happen, which you previously denied.

There may have been talks, afterall there had been on going talks since 1965, who knows what was discussed between 1965-1980.

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

There may have been talks, afterall there had been on going talks since 1965, who knows what was discussed between 1965-1980.

The UK wanted shot of them - a colonial dangleberry - then the fascists in charge in Arg shot themselves in the foot and tried to boost their esteem at home and invaded, Thatcher saw her own chance to boost her reputation and the same fuds who were greetin their eyes out for a queen went full jingo.

We continue to spaff 100s of millions of pounds on a group of islands that are not British, never should have been, but the UK cant lose face by ceding control. 

I was going to stay hush but have to offer my two bits. I was 4 when ww 2 started. Even at that tender age I was exposed to the affects of war. Terrible terrible thing.

Later in the late forties eraly fifties nI became very aware of the war in Korea. Again the tragedy of young men coming home struck.

In 1952 I became a meber of British armes force. I was sent to Egypt because of training there wa no questioning my assignment. We wre present in Egypt becuse the Egyptian wanted sole control of a canal in their Country, the sipute wa between Britain, France and Egypt. The Egyptians killed British soldiers and we killed Egyptians.neither siode saw any other recourse but it happened.

There has been no shortage of wars, never will be. A terrible terrible situation but even in the anomal kingdom territorial battles are fought sometime just like human disputes, to the death. 

I respect Ri's views, but I would be surprisd to find that he has never seen physical disturbances at Hearts games he attended, has he made written complaints, ahs he sought action against partiipants. Disputes wars, disturbances are part of human nature, and depending on the degree required to gain mutual stisfaction the degree of action and violence increases and it becomes war.

War is a rerrible thing but just like bar fights, and other physical disturbances sides have to be picked and supported, with victory to the strongest.

There is no doubt that thatcher saw her chance to boost her election prospects by going to war. There is also no doubt that the Falklands should not be 'british'. Having said that, the UK personnel went to fight because they were ordered to and did their job very well, mostly. 

Not got a clue what this has to do with lizzie though!!