• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• briever

• Unknown user

• manaliveits105

Malinga the Swinga
On 24/09/2022 at 09:56, jambopilms said:

There are literally thousands of proud Scots in the British Army. You might have seen some on the telly last week.

I would bet there are more Scots than any other demographic by population in the forces. 

Or are they not true Scots ?

For first time ever, I actually believe that he isn't a real nationalist and is simply trolling them and us.

There's no way that anyone, well anyone who is sane, would actually right this stuff.

Did you know that King Charles doesn't need a driving licence 😂

I think he's already learned to drive, but basically he could just jump in a car and run someone over, kill them, then pick up a nandos (probably free of charge) go home, stick netflix on, and chill.

Edited by Greedy Jambo

Shanks said no
1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I think he's already learned to drive, but basically he could just jump in a car and run someone over, kill them, then pick up a nandos (probably free of charge) go home, stick netflix on, and it's all cool. 

Given he doesn't even put toothpaste on his tooth brush, the idea of him going to Nando's is ridiculous. His brother claims to enjoy a pizza though.

Just now, Shanks said no said:

Given he doesn't even put toothpaste on his tooth brush, the idea of him going to Nando's is ridiculous. His brother claims to enjoy a pizza though.

The idea of anyone paying for a nando's is ridiculous imo. 20 quid for chicken and chips. 

William H. Bonney
12 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I think he's already learned to drive, but basically he could just jump in a car and run someone over, kill them, then pick up a nandos (probably free of charge) go home, stick netflix on, and chill.

I wish I was the king. Sounds ****ing awesome.  

Cairneyhill Jambo
32 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Is there a Nandos in Paris? 

Malinga the Swinga
On 24/09/2022 at 08:02, jambopilms said:

I don't suppose it's a surprise that the folk who have had a royal family tantrum the last few weeks are stating the British army are murderer's.

Haters got to hate. About time this one was closed off and a more general thread opened up. Something like 'why I hate my country' would allow ri and the others to seethe in private about UK and the people who live there.

Can't imagine how sad they must be to spend day after day hating people who live next to you and work beside you, just because they're British.

1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Imagine that, eh?

1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

The idea of anyone paying for a nando's is ridiculous imo. 20 quid for chicken and chips. 

Free range and Brasserie fries.

Sorted.  👍

A snip really.

In the 50s, people in the Inch in Edinburgh blew up a post box because it had Elizabeth 2nd on it.

She was not Elizabeth 2nd of Scotland because Elizabeth 1st was only the Queen of England and not Scotland.

True story

On 24/09/2022 at 07:43, Roxy Hearts said:

Pedant! Is a torpedo not an underwater bomb?

As an aside, most modern torpedoes aren't designed to actually hit surface ships, rather explode directly underneath them. When that happens, the gases released by the explosion drastically reduce the density of the water, thus causing the ship to 'sink' into it and be swamped, or at least have it's back broken. With modern design and damage control methods, it's a much more effective way of causing damage than just punching a big hole in the side. 

2 hours ago, Hansel said:

In the 50s, people in the Inch in Edinburgh blew up a post box because it had Elizabeth 2nd on it.

She was not Elizabeth 2nd of Scotland because Elizabeth 1st was only the Queen of England and not Scotland.

True story

Almost a true story.  The pillar box was in the Inch, right on Gilmerton Road, but it wasn't people living in the Inch who blew it up.  It was a group of people who called themselves The Scottish Nationalist Party (notice the slight difference in spelling).

21 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Almost a true story.  The pillar box was in the Inch, right on Gilmerton Road, but it wasn't people living in the Inch who blew it up.  It was a group of people who called themselves The Scottish Nationalist Party (notice the slight difference in spelling).

Plus, although she was indeed the first Elizabeth, Queen of Scots, the monarch can choose whatever name they want. She could have been Queen Basildon the 15th if she fancied it.

Edited by Smithee

3 hours ago, Maple Leaf said:

Did they aye?. If it was me, I'd go through all the rigmarole of becoming one of them, get myself embedded and then cut their brakes. Not blow up some pointless postbox. 

Or even better, join the Tory party, work your way into number 10 and when the cabinet is all in one place. 👍

Edited by ri Alban

3 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Did they aye?. If it was me, I'd go through all the rigmarole of becoming one of them, get myself embedded and then cut their brakes. Not blow up some pointless postbox.

It was a gesture.  It was intended to bring to the attention of the Scottish public that Scottish history was being ignored.

Most people in Scotland applauded the event, done in the middle of the night so no-one was injured.  

manaliveits105
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Or even better, join the Tory party, work your way into number 10 and when the cabinet is all in one place. 👍

or the Scottish Parliament nobody would notice it was gone - no harm done . 

The Mighty Thor
3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Her death certificate has been released. Died of "old age"

We should have a 10 day period of reflection on that release. 

Dying of “ old age “ ? It’s impossible ! You have to die of some issue . I suppose it perpetuates the “ myth “ though of them being not like us mere mortals ! 

24 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Dying of “ old age “ ? It’s impossible ! You have to die of some issue . I suppose it perpetuates the “ myth “ though of them being not like us mere mortals ! 

That's right.  Even very old people die for a reason.  In the Queen's case, it was probably heart failure.

7 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

That's right.  Even very old people die for a reason.  In the Queen's case, it was probably heart failure.

"Old age" causes are mostly recorded as "cardiac arrest" due to ....... "old age", or other underlying secondary condition.

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

"Old age" causes are mostly recorded as "cardiac arrest" due to ....... "old age", or other underlying secondary condition.

That makes sense.  No-one dies simply because of a date change.

48 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Even the Royals are on limited time, like the rest of us.

6 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Even the Royals are on limited time, like the rest of us.

Yep death is the great leveller 

1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Clearly a smokescreen for her true death from an overdose of opium suppositories. 

Or Aids.....the bad one.

Jeffros Furios
48 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

Occupation - Her Majesty The Queen :greggy:

Are you a queen ?  Queenie 

14 minutes ago, Der Kaiser said:

Clearly a smokescreen for her true death from an overdose of opium suppositories. 

Or Aids.....the bad one.

Didn’t know there was a “ good” AIDS ? 

Just now, Jambo_jim2001 said:

Grand theft auto...a game😲😲😳

Oh right . Could never master those games ! Did like virtuo tennis and was reasonable at that . 

been here before

I wonder what theyll put on the death certificates of those folk young and old who'll end up freezing or starving this winter due to not being able to afford the fuel while we continue to subsidise this family of inbred half cousins for no good reason, whose only concern is to wonder what one if their castles, palaces or stately homes to kick around in this winter.

A life of "service" deserving of our respect though eh?

Its ****in obscene.

Edited by been here before

5 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

5 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

and a good three and a bit hours later the BBC fessed up. Not believing the 3.10 number either...

10 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

and a good three and a bit hours later the BBC fessed up. Not believing the 3.10 number either...

Been corroborated. 

Time the Prime Minister was told. 

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Been corroborated. 

interesting - probably was felt she couldn't keep a secret then.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Been corroborated. 

That's when they turned off the heat lamp in her vivarium 😬

16 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I'm sure royalists everywhere will be thrilled to hear Disney are making a movie of Her life.

f33f40b68b7c8e1d550488f6b6b41d28.jpg.ff8c15009e3d207e96ac63f89fbb6b8b.jpg

:D

JudyJudyJudy
4 hours ago, Smithee said:

I'm sure royalists everywhere will be thrilled to hear Disney are making a movie of Her life.

f33f40b68b7c8e1d550488f6b6b41d28.jpg.ff8c15009e3d207e96ac63f89fbb6b8b.jpg

I recently went to see the film " See how they run" .  Its a whodunnit and the main premise is around Agatha Christies play " The Mousetrap".  Shirley Henderson played Agatha Christie in it.  The actor below played  Mrs Christie husband Max Mallowan.  The other pic is actually the real Mr Mallowan.

Striking resemblance, eh ?  :) 

R (4).jpg

R (2).jpg

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

the posh bit
20 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I recently went to see the film " See how they run" .  Its a whodunnit and the main premise is around Agatha Christies play " The Mousetrap".  Shirley Henderson played Agatha Christie in it.  The actor below played  Mrs Christie husband Max Mallowan.  The other pic is actually the real Mr Mallowan.

Striking resemblance, eh ?  :) 

R (4).jpg

R (2).jpg

Not sure what your point is here? 

JudyJudyJudy
13 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

Not sure what your point is here? 

Cant you see the point ?  Having a person of a different colour playing a real life person who was the other colour.?  What was the point ? 

the posh bit
18 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Cant you see the point ?  Having a person of a different colour playing a real life person who was the other colour.?  What was the point ? 

If that offends you then whatever you do, don't watch White Chicks. 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, the posh bit said:

If that offends you then whatever you do, don't watch White Chicks. 

It didnt offend me. I just rolled my eyes and thought " why?  

Just completely odd.  I know that black people have historically been invisible on screen or just in supporting roles so I can see some of the reasoning between it. But a real white person being played by a black person?  

I have had the misfortune to see " white chicks".... i wasn't at all bothered about fictional characters white washing , i was more bothered that the film was complete tripe.