• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• briever

• Unknown user

• manaliveits105

Here's a question for all you royal experts. This afternoon, before the announcement of the Queen's passing, the flag could clearly be seen flying over Buck hoose. (On the telly news reports) It's now at half mast. But I thought, when the monarch is not in residence the flag is not flown. So why was it flying high early this afternoon ? Anyone ?

22 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

People claiming she gave up her life “serving” or “working” for the country 😂

Let’s be honest that’s a bit of a stretch.

She was born into extreme, unimaginable wealth and lived a life of complete and utter luxury, the hardest she ever had to “work” is when she went round shaking folks hands and cutting a few ropes.

:lol: 

2 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Lucky to be in the toilets, I was still watching the match !

I was in Dickens ! 

1 minute ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I was in Dickens ! 

Ah ! so you were in a toilet too eh ?

Nah just Joking, I've been known to have an occasional libation there too.

Edited by whodanny

4 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Here's a question for all you royal experts. This afternoon, before the announcement of the Queen's passing, the flag could clearly be seen flying over Buck hoose. (On the telly news reports) It's now at half mast. But I thought, when the monarch is not in residence the flag is not flown. So why was it flying high early this afternoon ? Anyone ?

Already various conspiracy  theories  about . I think it’s generally agreed she died  earlier today , well before any of the family got to see her . 

1 minute ago, whodanny said:

Aye I’ve got a weak bladder 😂

3 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Yeah it’s a good wee boozer really 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, jonesy said:

Those weirdos heading to palaces and crying their eyes out are no different to the bams in Pyongyang who do the same whenever one of the Kim mob croaks.

The newsreaders, too, are no different from the wailing lass on the DPRK TV.

Behave as your superiors would demand, but not that they'll even bother to see.

Yep.

Some of the peasants will be camping outside Buckingham Palace.

manaliveits105
10 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Think there is always a UJ flying except if the monarch is in residence then it’s the royal standard 

The royal standard was flying over Balmoral 

3 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Already various conspiracy  theories  about . I think it’s generally agreed she died  earlier today , well before any of the family got to see her . 

Aye, but the flag was flying, but she was in Balmoral. The monarch wasn't in residence, am I reading too much into this ? Maybe it's the whisky I've had since I got home. Funny old day, 'cept Tynie, that wasn't funny.

SectionDJambo
11 minutes ago, whodanny said:

I’ll try.

Was it not the Union flag that was flying over Buckingham Palace?

When the Queen was resident at the palace, or even Holyrood, her own ensign flag flew over her residence at the time. A different flag entirely.

12 minutes ago, whodanny said:

The flag is always flown but the royal standard is the one that is only flown when a monarch is in residence. 

SectionDJambo
1 minute ago, manaliveits105 said:

Think there is always a UJ flying except if the monarch is in residence then it’s the royal standard 

The royal standard was flying over Balmoral 

You beat me too it. And you named the flag correctly too.

Just now, SectionDJambo said:

I’ll try.

Was it not the Union flag that was flying over Buckingham Palace?

When the Queen was resident at the palace, or even Holyrood, her own ensign flag flew over her residence at the time. A different flag entirely.

Ah. that'll be it. Just curious. No big conspiracy theory... Or is there.:lol:

1 minute ago, Tazio said:

The flag is always flown but the royal standard is the one that is only flown when a monarch is in residence. 

1 minute ago, SectionDJambo said:

You beat me too it. And you named the flag correctly too.

👍Thanks guys.

SectionDJambo

They do seem to have kept her death quiet for a while to give her family time to get to Balmoral.

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

The Guardian has removed the date references in its timetable.

It originally read: 

D-day+2

The coffin will leave from Balmoral to be taken by road to the Palace of Holyroodhouse.

There will be proclamations in the devolved nations at Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast simultaneously at midday. Tributes in parliament are likely to continue.

It no longer has the D-day+2 reference.

Alarm set for earlier rise just in case. 

2 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Yeah, clearly the BBC and other media held the news back until they were OKd by the Royal powers. Waiting until wee ginger nuts joined the rest of the grisly bunch.

9 minutes ago, Geoff Kilpatrick said:

No one shites in the toilets at Tynecastle, unless you have a death wish.

This may me TMI but I can’t do a plop anywhere apart from my house ! 😂unless it’s an extreme “ emergency” like a few months ago when we had lunch at the Scottish art galllery and the Cajun chicken was over spiced ! Oh dear !!! I never stopped shittinb until I got home really . Nearly hailed a taxi to get home quicker eventually 😎

9 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

All kicked off in Muir of Ord tonight. 

It says she got “ lifted “ by the polis ? What for exactly ? 

10 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Oh dear !!! I never stopped shittinb until I got home really . Nearly hailed a taxi to get home quicker eventually 😎

As a result of this post, JKB's taxi drivers will only now realise the lucky escape their vehicles had that day. :toilet:

10 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Having zero business sense. 

Yes it was rather silly thing to do really , but getting lifted ? 

Just now, jonesy said:

The BBC, for all their guff, have managed to put in an errant comma on the subheading under the headline they have for the Queen dying. 

Not watched any news all night . Watching “ dawn of the planet the apes 🦍 

1 minute ago, Lone Striker said:

As a result of this post, JKB's taxi drivers will only now realise the lucky escape their vehicles had that day. :toilet:

😂😂😂 i managed to keep my cheeks until I got home ! 

Just now, jonesy said:

Mate, that's not a film. That's live footage. The Queen's passing has brought around the ape apocalypse.

😂😂😂😂it’s actually worryingly prescient , an easily transmitted virus nearly wipes out the humans !!! 

47 minutes ago, whodanny said:

Yeah, clearly the BBC and other media held the news back until they were OKd by the Royal powers. Waiting until wee ginger nuts joined the rest of the grisly bunch.

The Balmoral staff allegedly told the world she was dead around 3pm, the royal standard flag was changed for a lion rampant one.

The next independence referendum will be a total shit show.

So not that much different from England and the pro/anti Brexit factions.

It's bloody depressing.

Fans at tynie can't keep their traps shut for one minute without goading each other.

What a mess.

49 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

It says she got “ lifted “ by the polis ? What for exactly ? 

Spacing of her letters? ****ing stupid thing to do and so unrepresentative of most Scots. What did she expect. Thats not nationalism either its republicanism. Will just get equated to the same thing (well already has) 

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Spacing of her letters? ****ing stupid thing to do and so unrepresentative of most Scots. What did she expect. Thats not nationalism either its republicanism. Will just get equated to the same thing (well already has) 

Still not clear why she got lifted really? 

Probably lifted for her own safety. I mean she's went live on FB with a sign mocking the queen's death. Her shop windows are in. I wouldn't be surprised if she got attacked. Maybe get herself put through any window that actually remains. 

5 minutes ago, Tott said:

For being a *****.

Not difficult to comprehend is it?

No. You get lifted if you have possibly committed an offence.  What offence has she committed ? Not too difficult to comprehend.

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

4 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

Probably lifted for her own safety. I mean she's went live on FB with a sign mocking the queen's death. Her shop windows are in. I wouldn't be surprised if she got attacked. Maybe get herself put through any window that actually remains. 

Aye i assume she didnt actually get lifted by got carted off for her own protection.  Tensions are certainly heated about this issue. 

and it's a good night from me :) ill get my coat. 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

No. You get lifted if you have possibly committed an offence.  What offence has she committed>  Not too difficult to comprehend. 

Probably got lifted for her own safety.

and being a *****..

Game over for her business and rightly so.

Why would you do that?

Never celebrated anybody dying in my life.

Just now, Tott said:

and being a *****..

Why would you do that?

It was rather silly. 

Aye i assume she didnt actually get lifted by got carted off for her own protection.  Tensions are certainly heated about this issue. 

They are certainly heated on kickback aswell . Scared to look at some replies n topics 😂. The keyboards on phones and laptops are taking a hammering tonight. My own mother is completely gutted she's a proper royalist when it comes to royal family. I get some people have zero interest in anything to do with the royals. But we should all respect each others views. If you want to mourn then mourn. If you don't want to mourn that's ok too. But gloating and celebrating I find a bit strange but sure it's 2022 **** knows what's going on in life anymore 😂

2 minutes ago, Seaside Dave said:

They are certainly heated on kickback aswell . Scared to look at some replies n topics 😂. The keyboards on phones and laptops are taking a hammering tonight. My own mother is completely gutted she's a proper royalist when it comes to royal family. I get some people have zero interest in anything to do with the royals. But we should all respect each others views. If you want to mourn then mourn. If you don't want to mourn that's ok too. But gloating and celebrating I find a bit strange but sure it's 2022 **** knows what's going on in life anymore 😂

It gets very heated on this.  The temperature was at boiling point the other day there on the " inventions taken for granted". thread.  There was a massive argument about how zips were either taken for granted or not.  People were very animated about it.  Truely bizarre. 

It gets very heated on this.  The temperature was at boiling point the other day there on the " inventions taken for granted". thread.  There was a massive argument about how zips were either taken for granted or not.  People were very animated about it.  Truely bizarre. 

😂😂😂 Fs. I'll stick to a short flight over for match quick pint and short flight home for a while. Be back in October should be calm by then maybe 

periodictabledancer
2 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

People claiming she gave up her life “serving” or “working” for the country 😂

Let’s be honest that’s a bit of a stretch.

She was born into extreme, unimaginable wealth and lived a life of complete and utter luxury, the hardest she ever had to “work” is when she went round shaking folks hands and cutting a few ropes.

This is where I struggle. A life of luxury gets translated into a "life of service". 

Happy to acknowledge the death of a mother/grandmother who has struggled with the loss of a husband & covid.

Like many others have & do every day. 

In the end, the queen was completely useless in her constitutional role and did nothing to stop the worst PM we've ever had. The monarchy is a total waste of time. 

God save us from Charles III.

Geoff Kilpatrick
23 minutes ago, Tott said:

and being a *****..

Why would you do that?

Not so sure about that. The fireworks brigade might start some special day trips to support it.

9 hours ago, Herbert. said:

She's never really had a day off. It would make the news if she went down the pub for a few and a pizza on the way home. It would be like being in jail, Always surrounded by security and every second of your day will be planned. 

In the mid-70s I got my first job, as a gardener at Holyrood Palace. On one occasion, while the Queen was in residence, there was a bit of a stooshy. Those were the days of walkie-talkies and suddenly there were more than a few appearing from the jacket pockets of innocent looking "visitors". From piecing together snippets of information, the Queen had ordered a chauffeur to drive her up the Royal Mile in an old Cortina, which was kept in the Palace Garages. She had told the guy to stop at the roundabout which used to be just outside the Palace gates, and was off for a stroll up the Mile dressed in her old coat and headsquare. It seemed that this was not the first time this had happened as instructions were to keep her in sight but not to interfere as she would come back in an hour or two. I heard that she used to like looking in shop windows.