***Official Heart of Midlothian v Istanbul Basaksehir ( KO 17:45 ) Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Happy clapper I’m not letting a boardroom think they can’t be held to account maybe the fact they know that there is a steady stream of cash which over the last five years has been wasted we own this club we should have been asked if Neilson should be awarded a 3 year contract if we have a representative on the board he should be informing us about such things the contract came out the blue this should not happen again 

Nope. 

If you think the fans should be asked then you need to put down the glue. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• pettigrewsstylist

• Cruyff

• buzzbomb1958

7 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

What did Robbie say after the game?

Mentally unfit 

too many games 

injuries

pies were cold at half time 

Just now, buzzbomb1958 said:

Mentally unfit 

too many games 

injuries

pies were cold at half time 

Well tbf the players are never going to be up for the 2nd half after a cold pie. 

30 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

There's the post match interview.

Learning curve.........

Yeh maybe the board should learn to stop wasting FOH funds on an unproven manager in Europe, they should have waited to see if he could handle it by giving him a rolling contract if he did ok then reward him . But to me they are now getting too comfy knowing that money is there every month,Robbie level is championship or bottom six clubs where we will end up if this is allowed to continue  this should have been the season we moved up a level but it is turning into a shitshow , you would think that the board would have learned from the Levein debacle but it looks like they haven’t 

1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

I agree. 
We looked a bit scared at the start but gradually worked our way into the match. They seemed to have a weakness through the middle, which we almost exploited a couple of times in the first half. Maybe playing Ginnelly through the middle could have worked.

Istanbul are a very good team. Just because most of us wouldn’t have heard of them, doesn’t mean they aren’t a good team. They are top of the Turkish league with great financial resource.

What we need to do now, in my opinion, is concentrate on our domestic season, to qualify again, but enjoy, and learn from, the experience of European football so that we may do better next time.

Ginnelly through the middle??? Why have the quickest guy in the club play through the middle v a very high line opposition when you have Halliday and Shankland to scorch the Tynecastle turf?

After that second half shit show. If we think it’s going to get any better this season then we are all sadly mistaken. We had to get good players in this window and they did not get anything like what we needed. Money blah blah. **** sakes we all knew what we needed and who we wanted rid of yet we are now in a even worse place with thd same shite players. I’m looking at the past 6 results and thinking we are in trouble. I’m thinking Robbie might be in a big trouble here, If we get beat by Liedoon then questions need to be asked 

Churchill Barrier
54 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

There's the post match interview.

Learning curve.........

He is a horrendous media spokesperson.  As welll as a horrendous coach. 

18 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Yeh maybe the board should learn to stop wasting FOH funds on an unproven manager in Europe, they should have waited to see if he could handle it by giving him a rolling contract if he did ok then reward him . But to me they are now getting too comfy knowing that money is there every month,Robbie level is championship or bottom six clubs where we will end up if this is allowed to continue  this should have been the season we moved up a level but it is turning into a shitshow , you would think that the board would have learned from the Levein debacle but it looks like they haven’t 

Manager got us promoted then got us 3rd place. Out best league position since... He was last here and got us third. In the process he beat Hibs twice to get us to consecutive Scottish Cup finals.

If that doesn't merit a decent contract nothing does. Calm down ffs, we've had like three bad games.

Churchill Barrier
2 minutes ago, ali_jambo said:

Manager got us promoted then got us 3rd place. Out best league position since... He was last here and got us third. In the process he beat Hibs twice to get us to consecutive Scottish Cup finals.

If that doesn't merit a decent contract nothing does. Calm down ffs, we've had like three bad games.

Aye ok mate. Come back to us in 3 months..when we are out  every cup and struggling to achieve top 6

We are rank rotten. 

9 minutes ago, ali_jambo said:

Tell me to calm down when we are bottom six cos that’s where we are heading, if yo think that team will beat st midden on Sunday you are deluded 

7 minutes ago, Churchill Barrier said:

Aye ok mate. Come back to us in 3 months..when we are out  every cup and struggling to achieve top 6

We are rank rotten. 

I remember when pantwetters said that in our wee rough patch just after Christmas. Then we skooshed the league and got to the Scottish Cup final.

You Robbie haters never learn.

Churchill Barrier
7 minutes ago, ali_jambo said:

I remember when pantwetters said that in our wee rough patch just after Christmas. Then we skooshed the league and got to the Scottish Cup final.

You Robbie haters never learn.

Close yer eye's,  put fingers in ears and it might get better...

27 minutes ago, ali_jambo said:

Europe

3 lost

SPL

3 wins

1 draw (should have been a win)

3 lost

Since the Zurich & Celtic games we’ve got worse. Now we are starting to lose in a streak. Killie? Livvy?? FFS🙄

Its down to my above post. We needed players we didn’t get them. That’s on top of who we already had in. We still have the same 5 players that should have been punted this window. Now our better players are injured and we’ve got to replace with the ones we wanted rid of. 

I say we are in a lot of trouble. 

I think we all saw that tonight. They didn’t look anything special but we looked like a Highland League team verses a SPL team. Embarrassing. 

AE223D55-16D3-48AB-9FEC-5B7F4115909D.jpeg

Edited by Aussie Jambo

August Landmesser
2 hours ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

I put money into the club to make this club stronger and a major player in Scotland we are moving backward

Moving backward from where? 

August Landmesser
30 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Tell me to calm down when we are bottom six cos that’s where we are heading, if yo think that team will beat st midden on Sunday you are deluded 

Ain't nobody beating St Mirren this Sunday

Ain't nobody beating us neither 

14 minutes ago, Aussie Jambo said:

Europe

3 lost

SPL

3 wins

1 draw (should have been a win)

3 lost

Since the Zurich & Celtic games we’ve got worse. Now we are starting to lose in a streak. Killie? Livvy?? FFS🙄

Its down to my above post. We needed players we didn’t get them. That’s on top of who we already had in. We still have the same 5 players that should have been punted this window. Now our better players are injured and we’ve got to replace with the ones we wanted rid of. 

I say we are in a lot of trouble. 

I think we all saw that tonight. They didn’t look anything special but we looked like a Highland League team verses a SPL team. Embarrassing. 

AE223D55-16D3-48AB-9FEC-5B7F4115909D.jpeg

So in the Prem we've lost two. One against a Celtic side who just gave Real Madrid a scare and one poor performance against Livi on their horrible pitch. We were 29 seconds from a win against Hibs.

The only poor performance in the league so far was last week against Livi.

Killie cup defeat was shite. No excuses there.

If not for a stupid decision by Jorge Grant we would have had a result against Zurich.

Hardly a team thats "in a lot of trouble".

These European games are hard. We're playing better teams than us week in week out.

In American sports, where post-season playoffs for the title are the norm, there's a saying that teams who've been in the playoffs before have a huge advantage over teams that haven't. There's another level of pace, of intensity, and of combativeness that isn't present even between the same teams in non-playoff games.

It certainly feels like the teams that have had a taste of Europe before are just a bit more ready for it, both as a team and as individuals. I think Robbie's right about this being a learning experience. Hopefully we can settle in and play better in our remaining games.

My concern is the team getting its confidence back together after this. We looked a broken side by the end.

32 minutes ago, ali_jambo said:

So in the Prem we've lost two. One against a Celtic side who just gave Real Madrid a scare and one poor performance against Livi on their horrible pitch. We were 29 seconds from a win against Hibs.

The only poor performance in the league so far was last week against Livi.

Killie cup defeat was shite. No excuses there.

If not for a stupid decision by Jorge Grant we would have had a result against Zurich.

Hardly a team thats "in a lot of trouble".

These European games are hard. We're playing better teams than us week in week out.

You’re missing my point. 

We missed our opportunity to bring in way more players and offload the Championship players. All I’m saying is what we have in the pot isn’t going to feed all our jambo needs. 

A watery soup at the moment with nae stock. If we get beat by Liedoon I’ll be happy to continue this conversation. But like all other Jambos at the moment I’m venting that all. I’m saying we at this time are in trouble. Let’s leave it at that. 👍

Pasquale for King
4 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

I agree. 
We looked a bit scared at the start but gradually worked our way into the match. They seemed to have a weakness through the middle, which we almost exploited a couple of times in the first half. Maybe playing Ginnelly through the middle could have worked.

Istanbul are a very good team. Just because most of us wouldn’t have heard of them, doesn’t mean they aren’t a good team. They are top of the Turkish league with great financial resource.

What we need to do now, in my opinion, is concentrate on our domestic season, to qualify again, but enjoy, and learn from, the experience of European football so that we may do better next time.

Their fourth but are a decent team no doubt about that. 

ToadKiller Dog

I would say Istanbul are somewhere on a level with celtic .

We needed to defend a lot better ,make more of the handful of chances we created and a lot of luck .

Think we did show effort but somthing is missing just now .Devlin stood out for us .

I watched istanbul warm up at one point they were using the whole of the half ,keeper kicked the ball out then they passed it around using all the space before shooting.

Haven't seen that before in Scotland. 

While we played one touch in a corner .

42 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

45 minutes. We where not out the game  he brought on some scaffolding stiker for halliday

Brought on for Haring I think. Halliday was garbage anyway.the first three goals were suicidal defending and had little to do  with Humphrys. Do you think we’d have still been in the game if he hadn’t come on. 

gorgierulesapply88
Just now, GinRummy said:

Brought on for Haring I think. Halliday was garbage anyway.the first three goals were suicidal defending and had little to do  with Humphrys. Do you think we’d have still been in the game if he hadn’t come on. 

I left soon as the 2nd hit the net. Got to the pub and it was 4!

First half was a weird one, glimpses of something but again 0 end product.

1 minute ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

I left soon as the 2nd hit the net. Got to the pub and it was 4!

First half was a weird one, glimpses of something but again 0 end product.

Defended like amateurs and hesitant in front of goal. Suicidal football. 

gorgierulesapply88
Just now, GinRummy said:

Defended like amateurs and hesitant in front of goal. Suicidal football. 

Haring for the 1st albeit the finish matched the quality of opposition.  

2nd I cannae mind much off as my half bottle of voddie and Fanta was kicking in but 5 minutes in at 21/20 my mate chucked 500 on them.

Great bet.

I'd never have criticised the management had we tried a leg but at home it was almost like heading to parkhead. I've run out of words now, 3 wins in 14 games? At what level is that acceptable?

Arthur Morgan
6 hours ago, Jambo in Yorkshire said:

The relevance is it’s possible to compete against superior teams if you are organised and positive.

Exactly. 

RFS got a 1-1 draw away to Fiorentina ffs. 

I was wondering where the snap and snarl of old European games was 15 minutes in?  Istanbul were a typical European team, good in possession and athletic. 

But how do you match that as an inferior team? Work work work. I’m all for Improving standards, but that’s for another debate, but the minute average Scottish teams thought they could play like European teams is the day they lost something.  

For a ten minute spell in the first half we got a cameo of the way we should’ve been drilled on to play and chances came from it. 

Apart from the club earning a few Euros. European football looks likely to do us more harm than good. 
we seem to be prioritising games we have no chance of winning and completely forgetting our day job. If we take 6 gubbings in Europe and finish bottom 6 we’re back to square one in reality.

5 minutes ago, jambmoz said:

Apart from the club earning a few Euros. European football looks likely to do us more harm than good. 
we seem to be prioritising games we have no chance of winning and completely forgetting our day job. If we take 6 gubbings in Europe and finish bottom 6 we’re back to square one in reality.

We played the best team available to us against Livingston and a strong side against Kilmarnock. It’s not European football that’s the problem. It’s awful defending that would see us lose against just about any side we come up against, lack of any urgency to get the ball forward and hesitance in front of goal that’s the issue. 

Edited by GinRummy

Holyrood_Hearts
8 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

People need to remember that we are playing some of the best teams in Europe and not the likes of St Midden or Hubz. Personally I am far more concerned about defeats to the likes of Livi and our very poor play against other minnows in the SPFL.

But the reality is that we’re not. The best teams in Europe are in the Champs League & Europa!

Holyrood_Hearts
1 hour ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Exactly. 

RFS got a 1-1 draw away to Fiorentina ffs. 

There’s not a chance we’ll get a draw in Florence

Holyrood_Hearts
Just now, Holyrood_Hearts said:

There’s not a chance we’ll get a draw in Florence

*either. We’ll shit the bed & give away preventable goals like last night 

The Mighty Thor

We came up against a better side last night. 

However we have some real issues which are worrying.

We look chronically unfit. Last night we were second to every single ball, we wanted more touches than Gary Glitter and we squandered every bit of the 31% possession we supposedly had, most of which I reckon was across our back 3/4 as usual. 

Even shite teams have figured Bob's tactics out.

A back 7 that cannot defend, our best player hugging one touchline, the other 'winger hugging the other touchline and our striker isolated. 

We play with a 50 yard x 50 yard hole in the middle of the park that allows semi-decent teams to fill it and we end up never getting out of our half except for the good old fashioned howitzer to Shankland, who is at least 30 yards isolated. 

Where's the out ball? Where's the attacking midfield busting a gut to get to Shankland?

Last night 'the fans deserved to see us attack'? How's that going?

We're back in Levein territory here. The players look disorganised, confused and disinterested in equal measure. 

Something has to change because it's not working. It's really not working. 

pettigrewsstylist
5 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

In American sports, where post-season playoffs for the title are the norm, there's a saying that teams who've been in the playoffs before have a huge advantage over teams that haven't. There's another level of pace, of intensity, and of combativeness that isn't present even between the same teams in non-playoff games.

It certainly feels like the teams that have had a taste of Europe before are just a bit more ready for it, both as a team and as individuals. I think Robbie's right about this being a learning experience. Hopefully we can settle in and play better in our remaining games.

My concern is the team getting its confidence back together after this. We looked a broken side by the end.

Well lets hope they dont need goals to top the group on matchday 6. 

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, ToadKiller Dog said:

I would say Istanbul are somewhere on a level with celtic .

We needed to defend a lot better ,make more of the handful of chances we created and a lot of luck .

Think we did show effort but somthing is missing just now .Devlin stood out for us .

I watched istanbul warm up at one point they were using the whole of the half ,keeper kicked the ball out then they passed it around using all the space before shooting.

Haven't seen that before in Scotland. 

While we played one touch in a corner .

About 30 years ago I saw the then champions of Italy ACMilan play a cup tie at Empoli (Baggio and all). Their warm up was exactly as you describe. They sprayed passes around half the pitch ... Long and short. Mostly the ball was instantly controlled and quickly passed on with no more than two touches. Occasionally a player failed to control instantly but their pride meant they improvised something to disguise this and the second or third touch was dispatched in a different direction than originally intended straight to another team mate. All at pace.

pettigrewsstylist
5 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

We came up against a better side last night. 

However we have some real issues which are worrying.

We look chronically unfit. Last night we were second to every single ball, we wanted more touches than Gary Glitter and we squandered every bit of the 31% possession we supposedly had, most of which I reckon was across our back 3/4 as usual. 

Even shite teams have figured Bob's tactics out.

A back 7 that cannot defend, our best player hugging one touchline, the other 'winger hugging the other touchline and our striker isolated. 

We play with a 50 yard x 50 yard hole in the middle of the park that allows semi-decent teams to fill it and we end up never getting out of our half except for the good old fashioned howitzer to Shankland, who is at least 30 yards isolated. 

Where's the out ball? Where's the attacking midfield busting a gut to get to Shankland?

Last night 'the fans deserved to see us attack'? How's that going?

We're back in Levein territory here. The players look disorganised, confused and disinterested in equal measure. 

Something has to change because it's not working. It's really not working. 

Spot on and we have drifted there on a easily identifiable trajectory. The central midfield area is seen as an extension of defence. Zurich and Istanbul marauded/glided thro there like a training match, despite Devlins obvious efforts.

We need far too many chances to convert anything that might "nick" a point.

That coupled with the lack of a replacement for Soutar is an issue.

In RN defence at least he didnt try a back 3 last night with the bombscare. Can you imagine!

pettigrewsstylist
2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

About 30 years ago I saw the then champions of Italy ACMilan play a cup tie at Empoli (Baggio and all). Their warm up was exactly as you describe. They sprayed passes around half the pitch ... Long and short. Mostly the ball was instantly controlled and quickly passed on with no more than two touches. Occasionally a player failed to control instantly but their pride meant they improvised something to disguise this and the second or third touch was dispatched in a different direction than originally intended straight to another team mate. All at pace.

All of this, last night watching their touch and go and how quickly they moved ball across pitch to maintain attacking momentum was a standard ill probably never see at Hearts in my lifetime. It was like watching a whole team of Rudi Skacel standard.

Total mismatch last night.

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

I was wondering where the snap and snarl of old European games was 15 minutes in?  Istanbul were a typical European team, good in possession and athletic. 

But how do you match that as an inferior team? Work work work. I’m all for Improving standards, but that’s for another debate, but the minute average Scottish teams thought they could play like European teams is the day they lost something.  

For a ten minute spell in the first half we got a cameo of the way we should’ve been drilled on to play and chances came from it. 

Agreed but if you cant defend and you cant create a goal then its all irrelevant really, you will always end up with heads and trousers down.

pettigrewsstylist
8 hours ago, Jambo in Yorkshire said:

We suffered the worst defeat in the ECL tonight and were one of only two teams to lose at home.

Other sides played superior teams but still managed to get something out of the game

Telling and no surprise.

Jean Louis Valois

The long and short of it for me is that our squad just isn't good enough. Our bench tonight was pathetic, we don't have one player who can come on and change a game. All we heard all summer was the quality over quantity line and we have ended up with neither. We sign a midfielder who isn't even allowed to train with us yet, a veteran who was about to sign for Motherwell. This team are starting to get really boring to watch, this season is beginning to look bleak.

28 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

But the reality is that we’re not. The best teams in Europe are in the Champs League & Europa!

Maybe but the reality is the teams we are facing have far more financial backing than Hearts and that’s reflected in the calibre of the player they have. We didn’t lose last night because of poor defending or “not getting stuck in”, we lost because their team has players we can only dream of hiring and were much better than the players we have. The gulf between the SPFL and Europa Conference teams is huge and that was shown last night. Bottom line is they could have humiliated Hearts.

Francis Albert

I have seen lots of comments about how unfit we look. I read an interview a week or so ago with a player in the Scotland rugby set up. His brother is with Hearts. He said the the rugby players work much harder. Training can start as early as 7 in the morning. Lack of fitness and inability to  control the ball and pass at pace (and to move into space) are glaring weaknesses. What actually happens at Riccarton?