***Official Heart of Midlothian v Kilmarnock Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Sierra Delta
18 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Take it you don't mind if we lose then? Henderson has never shown anything at this level.

I'd like us to win (obviously), but we should be prioritising the league and European games over the League Cup imo and with a tough run of fixtures coming up I'd prefer our key players to be protected for them. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff

• CloustonHMFC

• Don Dan

• Francis Albert

upgotheheads
33 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

Take it you don't mind if we lose then? Henderson has never shown anything at this level.

He's shown in flashes what he is capable of but he needs a chance and I hope he gets one tonight.

For me, this would be the perfect opportunity to give guys like Pollock, Connor Smith and Henderson a chance.

I’m not saying to put out a team of youngsters, but give these lads a chance alongside some of the more experienced players.

Absolute Scenes

Neilson plays kids - "what the hell is Neilson playing at??!! Only one of two chances at silverware and he's playing kids??!!

Neilson doesn't play kids - "What the hell is Neilson playing at??!! Perfect chance for our kids to get a run out. Clearly doesn't rate our young players."

For what its worth i would like to see us progress, play a majority strong team with some youth implemented here and there. Would also be fine with Stewart starting in goal. 

tartofmidlothian
36 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

At a guess, Bob confirmed Sunday a couple want to leave by Thursday, he may be having a medical elsewhere

If any players leave this week they'll need replaced, the squad's already as small as we can manage to still be competitive with.

Absolute Scenes
3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

For me, this would be the perfect opportunity to give guys like Pollock, Connor Smith and Henderson a chance.

I’m not saying to put out a team of youngsters, but give these lads a chance alongside some of the more experienced players.

yeah i think we need to get the balance right

Still want a strong-ish team as Killie will put full strength out

tartofmidlothian
Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

Neilson plays kids - "what the hell is Neilson playing at??!! Only one of two chances at silverware and he's playing kids??!!

Neilson doesn't play kids - "What the hell is Neilson playing at??!! Perfect chance for our kids to get a run out. Clearly doesn't rate our young players."

For what its worth i would like to see us progress, play a majority strong team with some youth implemented here and there. Would also be fine with Stewart starting in goal. 

This. We need to keep going in the cups, eventually we'll hit a final which doesn't include the OF.

I’ve never seen us win the league cup in my lifetime and would love us to win it. Happy for some of the youngsters to play tonight but still all about the win

Dick Dastardly
38 minutes ago, Bungalow Bill said:

Decent team, I’d expect that team to win in the 90. 

Definitely got a bit of pace up top anyway! 

Dick Dastardly
46 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

At a guess, Bob confirmed Sunday a couple want to leave by Thursday, he may be having a medical elsewhere

I missed that about players leaving. We must be confident of getting a good few in if he is allowing players to leave

47 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Fighting on all fronts creates dilemma’s. This ain't a ‘normal season’ but I damn well hope it will be in future. Adding 8 tough Euro games plus all the traveling will take its toll. But many top teams cope. The concept of always starting your best 11 has to go out the window until you hit a crucial match like a semi final or back to saturday league games only fighting for position. At this point early in the season you have to be positive and not prioritise any competition, they all matter. Squad rotation Ferguson style is the only way to cope and if that means you have to use  youngsters to fill in at the bottom end of the squad because of injuries/lack of signings or just not risking a tired player so be it. With 5 subs you can phase in one or two or even three 6/10 player’s from the start. That’s the key difference you don’t blood these players later in games when injuries happen or your best players are struggling, you start them. Some will last the 90 and put in 8/10 performances or better some will be 4/10 or less and get hooked. It's a risk but it’s the only way to cope.  

1 hour ago, iantjambo said:

I agree and I would be considering a few of them on Saturday as well on that excuse for a pitch at Lvingston. This is not the sort of place we want players making their return from injury. I am thinking of guys like Halkett and Kingsley.

I know we want to keep up there in third and challenging however this is an opportnity for Robbie to test the real strength in depth of his squad.

Might be wrong here but looks like we've sold just under half the the seats, so maybe 8000. When you add in the Killie support plus people turning up tonight, won't be far off 10000.

16 minutes ago, Lido said:

Might be wrong here but looks like we've sold just under half the the seats, so maybe 8000. When you add in the Killie support plus people turning up tonight, won't be far off 10000.

I’m just back from Tynecastle picking up the tickets for tonight and there where loads of seats available.

It's a trophy, why wouldn't you want to win it? Tinpot mentality if you say we should prioritise something else. As a hearts fan and a sportsman I want to win everything possible. Every game every competition. I'm sure Robbie is the same.

Ex member of the SaS

TBF Robbie is in a difficult position with regards playing the kids. Yes we want our best players injury free for bigger games but fans want trophies, and when paying entry on top of the other expenses of attending games, they want value for money. So does he play to win or does he dump the diddy cup for better things or does he play his strongest squad?

BigPhysicalHearts

Interested to see the lineup tonight given our injury situation and the amount of games we're playing.

Hope Lewis Neilson starts and that Hendo, Pollock and Connor Smith make an appearance at some point.

upgotheheads
1 hour ago, Mac80 said:

Strongest team possible please,

I want to win this damn thing.

It's arguably a more important game than Livi away on Saturday. We can drop points there and it's unlikely to be fatal for our League campaign, but if we lose tonight that's another cup competition doon the stank.

Gordon

Smith,  Neilson, Kingsley Cochrane.

Haring  Devlin

Gino          McKay     Forrest

Shankland

plenty of decent players on the bench with that line-up.

1 hour ago, Lido said:

Looks more like 6000. Not surprising really with 8 guaranteed European games and our abysmal League Cup record. Think the club could have potentially incentivised this match a little bit with some kind of future priority or additional loyalty points but to be fair they are dealing with an unprecedented fixture list currently. 

32 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

It's arguably a more important game than Livi away on Saturday. We can drop points there and it's unlikely to be fatal for our League campaign, but if we lose tonight that's another cup competition doon the stank.

Gordon

Smith,  Neilson, Kingsley Cochrane.

Haring  Devlin

Gino          McKay     Forrest

Shankland

plenty of decent players on the bench with that line-up.

I would go with that

3 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

The best way is to play your strongest side in one of the only 2 competitions we can realistically win

If and only when we have a comfortable lead, we can then experiment with young players, and only if Neilson believes they are ready, remember he and his coaches see these players every day 

Never ever play young players just for the sake of it

3 hours ago, iantjambo said:

I agree. Would like to see two of those three starting tonight. They're clearly part of the first team squad so they need some proper game time. Not the last 10 mins here and there.

Wouldn't mind seeing something like:

Gordon / Stewart*

Smith Neilson Kingsley Cochrane

Pollock Haring Halliday

Forrest Henderson McKay 

*Still not 100% sure about him even after a good game v Celtic. 

If we go a couple up then McKay > C Smith.

Also relatively easy to reset if we're struggling by going Shankland > Henderson and Devlin > Pollock.

Edited by Batistuta87

Fxxx the SPFL
4 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Whether he starts Gordon tonight will tell us what importance RN is putting on the League Cup. 

Stewart done well at darkheid 

JudyJudyJudy

The league cup is winnable , the Europa one isn’t . Therefore get a good team out tonight surely 

2 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Stewart done well at darkheid 

He did but my point still stands. We would in all likelihood have lost at Parkhead anyway even with Gordon in goals and Robbie would know that. Having him in the sticks tonight gives us a much better chance in a must win scenario which Robbie also knows. If he sees the League Cup as important he plays as strong a side as possible which obviously includes Craig. 

Edited by Luckies1874

12 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Wouldn't mind seeing something like:

Gordon / Stewart*

Pollock Haring Halliday

Forrest Henderson McKay 

*Still not 100% sure about him even after a good game v Celtic. 

If we go a couple up then McKay > C Smith.

Also relatively easy to reset if we're struggling by going Shankland > Henderson and Devlin > Pollock.

Atkinson or Sibbick at rb keeping Mikey  for Saturday. Grant will play tonight I’d think. Ginelly up front. 

Hectormasson
4 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

yeah i think we need to get the balance right

Still want a strong-ish team as Killie will put full strength out

time we gubbed these jokers,think its 5 straight tynecastle defeats to them? hope neilson takes this into consideration,  and the fact we should also want to win every game we play.

35 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Atkinson or Sibbick at rb keeping Mikey  for Saturday. Grant will play tonight I’d think. Ginelly up front. 

Think Grant is still out with a thigh injury. 

After seeing what the team produced on Saturday, I'm confident whatever combination of players we go with, we win.

It's been a long time since we last beat Killie at Tynecastle. My Killie supporting workmate has been texting me saying how much he's looking forward to his favourite away trip. Time for that to change.

December 2016 was our last victory v them at Tynecastle.

image.png.112a62108dc0d926c530a73a009507d4.png

Edited by OmiyaHearts

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Luckies1874 said:

Think Grant is still out with a thigh injury. 

I’d be surprised if Atkinson is fit either tbh. 

1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

After seeing what the team produced on Saturday, I'm confident whatever combination of players we go with, we win.

It's been a long time since we last beat Killie at Tynecastle. My Killie supporting workmate has been texting me saying how much he's looking forward to his favourite away trip. Time for that to change.

That’s horrendous reading. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I’d rather we played like Sunday 😜, well overdue a win against them. 

2 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Horrendous but we are a totally different team now

14 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

I don't believe there is such a thing as a bogey team but Ffs.

First opportunity to add an away view after a year in a wilderness that's familiar to both sets of supporters... 

Looking forward to going back to Tynecastle. Even with the injuries suspect it will be a big ask. Promoted team still trying to complete our squad. Adding Doidge today isn't exactly the confidence booster you want... 

Start to the season means it's actually really hard to gauge where Killie are after back to back old firm and away to Dingwall. Looked excting at the weekend as we get closer to a full team. 

Suspect will be quite an unfamiliar side from before. Big change is the two fullbacks, Chrisene and Alebiosu both over six foot and absolutely flying. Suspect that will cause some bother. Entire defence is massive which is giving us a big set piece threat. 

But we've looked suss defensively and I think McKay and Shankland will cause Ash Taylor a lot of problems. Very impressed with Hearts v Zurich so should be a good game. 

Likely 

Walker 

Alebiosu Taylor Mayo Chrisene 

Power McInroy 

Armstrong Polworth Murray 

Shaw

Prediction - either a tight one nil Killie or a three nil, our defence cannae handle McKay, affair 

HeartsandonlyHearts

Hope we have a strong ref tonight because we’re going to be kicked pillar to post again. 
For some reason we’re an easy target lately.

(Last few years)

5 hours ago, Absolute Scenes said:

This

Gordon

Haring Devlin

Ginnelly McKay Forrest 

Shankland 

Put this to bed by half time and then bring on Stewart, Sibbick, Halliday and a couple the youngsters. 

Halkett, Grant, Atkinson, Kiomourtzoglou + couple of signings all available for Saturday......and things will look bright for Livvy and the big European game next week. 

Byyy The Light
5 hours ago, Newton51 said:

I’ve never seen us win the league cup in my lifetime and would love us to win it. Happy for some of the youngsters to play tonight but still all about the win

Exactly where I am. Really want to win this cup asap

Captain Sausage

Wouldn’t be risking many people here - feels very plastic, but I think we need to prioritise Europe and the league. 

Gordon

Cochrane

Neilson

Sibbick

Atkinson

C Smith

Kio

McGill

GMS

Gino

Henderson

south morocco
11 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Wouldn’t be risking many people here - feels very plastic, but I think we need to prioritise Europe and the league. 

Gordon

Cochrane

Neilson

Sibbick

Atkinson

C Smith

Kio

McGill

GMS

Gino

Henderson

Is Kio eligible this evening?

A far more important game than Saturday IMO. Win and we are in the quarters of only 1 of 2 trophies we  can win. 

Securing 3rd place again doesn't rest on Saturday. 

RustyRightPeg

I’m concerned about getting through this game with no more knocks. They’re as bad if not worse on the hammer throwing front than St Johnstone are. Players like Ash Taylor, Alan Power, Liam Donnelly etc.