• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff

• CloustonHMFC

• Don Dan

• Francis Albert

12 minutes ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Shame not more people have got tickets for this one yet 

Expensive few months up. Not surprised some give this a miss as lots of games to pay for. 

48 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Bold call Sid, what about Kingsley?

No idea but last Thursday Halkett told me he would be ok next week. Presume give him some minutes on Wed to see if he’s up to it.  

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, Sid said:

No idea but last Thursday Halkett told me he would be ok next week. Presume give him some minutes on Wed to see if he’s up to it.  

Good news :) 👍

Watt-Zeefuik
53 minutes ago, Sid said:

So likely to play but not to start I would hope.

Stewart

Smith Sibbick Neilson Cochrane

Halliday    Haring (Kio to sub at half)

McKay         Grant       GMS

Hendo

Suspect we’ll see Stewart, C Smith, Neilson, GMS and Gino

Expect Devlin to be rotated out after two games, probably for Grant

13 minutes ago, GarryJ-o-s said:

Suspect we’ll see Stewart, C Smith, Neilson, GMS and Gino

Expect Devlin to be rotated out after two games, probably for Grant

Pretty sure you won't be far off the mark.  RN has made it crystal clear that he has to use rotation.

I hope this game gives more game time to 2 or3 of our youngsters.

Another Robbo
Just now, yansinjambo365 said:

What’s ticket prices like for this?

£15 for an adult.

Not great sales based on the amount of blue dots showing when I bought mine today :(

34 minutes ago, Another Robbo said:

£15 for an adult.

Not great sales based on the amount of blue dots showing when I bought mine today :(

Very poor tbh, I just checked blue dots everywhere 😔

6 hours ago, PapaShango said:

He was on the bench yesterday.

Would love to see him and Shankland on for Hearts at the same time.

Henderson is very fast and two footed.

A team ravaged with injures going up against a Derek McInnes team, we’d better get extra beds sorted out for the physio’s room.

1 hour ago, One five said:

Very poor tbh, I just checked blue dots everywhere 😔

Not every one will have the cash to watch all the home games Hearts are involved in this season.

In the good old days your season ticket covered the league and the cup home games.

4 minutes ago, bawheed said:

Not every one will have the cash to watch all the home games Hearts are involved in this season.

In the good old days your season ticket covered the league and the cup home games.

True.

On 28/08/2022 at 19:07, merrymac said:

We need to play as strong a team as possible, injuries allowing.

Its one of only 2 chances to win silverware(realistically), 

New guy (have we decided on a name yet?) might allow Haring to play at back with Neilson?

Spot on

Howdy Doody Jambo

1962 was the last time we won this trophy 🏆 we don't get to enough cup finals, our strongest team possible will be required to play  our bogey team 

Edited by The Maroon Pound

6 hours ago, GBJambo said:

Expensive few months up. Not surprised some give this a miss as lots of games to pay for. 

Getting knocked out fielding ineligible players is the way to go to save fans the outlay

23 minutes ago, One five said:

We will probably get our first look at Kio 👍

If other non-UK signings this summer are anything to go by, it could be a couple of weeks before he gets his visa.

Tickets for the game on Wednesday looks cheap as chips compared to the fancy European prices. £20 for me and my daughter compared to £48 for the same seats next week.

About time we won the League Cup. Is it 60 years? Looking forward to it.

A few years ago we were celebrating Lafferty scoring against Gordon as Hearts humiliated the Invincibles. It's a funny old game! Another 4-0 home win will be perfect.

Pasquale for King
9 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

So likely to play but not to start I would hope.

Stewart

Smith Sibbick Neilson Cochrane

Halliday    Haring (Kio to sub at half)

McKay         Grant       GMS

Hendo

Maybe Gino for McKay but it won’t be far off I think. 

Watt-Zeefuik
42 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Maybe Gino for McKay but it won’t be far off I think. 

I would think Gino would be rather tired after Sunday and due for a break. Might as well give Hendo a platform to succeed with McKay feeding him.

Ricardo Quaresma
1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

I would think Gino would be rather tired after Sunday and due for a break. Might as well give Hendo a platform to succeed with McKay feeding him.

I think Gino should start; great game on Sunday, don't recall him ever playing such good stuff; never saw him put a foot wrong

He should stay on until 20 minutes from the end at least

-

Edited by Ricardo Quaresma
typo

7 hours ago, DC_92 said:

If other non-UK signings this summer are anything to go by, it could be a couple of weeks before he gets his visa.

We should be already in the process of applying for the visa as I’m sure we would have know about this player days/weeks before signed

We can also fast track the application 

4 minutes ago, GBJambo said:

We should be already in the process of applying for the visa as I’m sure we would have know about this player days/weeks before signed

We can also fast track the application 

I imagine every team that signs a foreign player will look to fast track the visa application. 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

I think Gino should start; great game on Sunday, don't recall him ever playing such good stuff; never saw him put a foot wrong

He should stay on until 20 minutes from the end at least

-

I wouldn’t go as far as saying he had a great game, he played ok. He is very slow in his decision making which then allows the opposition to regroup, a prime example was in the second half when he round the keeper he could and should have just had a shot into the empty net but hesitated and let the defender get back and then he just took to long to decide what he wanted to, very poor decision making that just seems to be Gino summed up, good delivery for the goal but other than that bang average. Imo 

Ricardo Quaresma
3 minutes ago, Thumperbeni said:

I wouldn’t go as far as saying he had a great game, he played ok. He is very slow in his decision making which then allows the opposition to regroup, a prime example was in the second half when he round the keeper he could and should have just had a shot into the empty net but hesitated and let the defender get back and then he just took to long to decide what he wanted to, very poor decision making that just seems to be Gino summed up, good delivery for the goal but other than that bang average. Imo 

By the standards of his previous games, that was great

He really needed the game time

He was controlling the ball a lot better

I’m giving this one a miss just can’t afford it with all the other games coming up and booking flights to Turkey. Hopefully the team does the business and gets through. 

56 minutes ago, Ricardo Quaresma said:

By the standards of his previous games, that was great

He really needed the game time

He was controlling the ball a lot better

He still hold the play up when we are on the momentum due to his inability to make a decision on what he’s going to do with the ball next, he’s just really not good enough for us and is clearly lacking on confidence, also wasn’t happy with his sly dig at the fans when he set up boyce for his goal, im just not a fan of the guy has the heart of a mouse. 

Killie have six players in the list of "Bad Boys" cards, more than any other team, so we know just how they will play us, much like St Johnstone did.

We'll have to watch out for more injuries.

Long shot but has anyone had any luck buying a hospitality package for this game? I've never done it before but I've phoned the hospitality number 3 times and left a message over the last couple of days and there's no answer... 

Pasquale for King
10 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Could do, not sure if Henderson will ever get a chance but it will be interesting to see who he picks again. 

August Landmesser

Banderson tweeting that Kingsley should be in the squad for this one, with Halkett back at weekend

Watt-Zeefuik
7 hours ago, Thumperbeni said:

His best game as a Hearts and MotM for me. The empty net shot would have been from a tight angle. Agreed his decision making wasn't the best (it's his biggest weakness) but he put in some outstanding crosses and ran the channels extremely well, creating multiple chances including a goal.

I would absolutely pick him again for the reasons @Ricardo Quaresmasaid, I would just save him for the weekend match. With Boyce out for the season, he's now a much more important player for us. (Still need a striker though obvs.)

pettigrewsstylist
8 hours ago, Mac80 said:

Another tough game with all the disruptions in the squad right now but i will go 1-0 Hearts. 

Cant see us keeping a clean sheet anytime soon. Even with CG.

Thought Police
On 29/08/2022 at 14:24, Jambo 4 Ever said:

Shame not more people have got tickets for this one yet 

But they'll cry when they don't have enough points to go to Easter Road or Florence.

3 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Could do, not sure if Henderson will ever get a chance but it will be interesting to see who he picks again. 

The day Robbie plays Hendo is the day I win the lottery. Hope I'm proved wrong!

Pasquale for King
Just now, chrystaf said:

The day Robbie plays Hendo is the day I win the lottery. Hope I'm proved wrong!

😆🤞

Jambo 4 Ever
11 minutes ago, Thought Police said:

But they'll cry when they don't have enough points to go to Easter Road or Florence.

Exactly 

Jambo Buckets

Thought there might be phases for general sale of the European games. After the season ticket holders have got their tickets there won't be many left for sale so could have had a slot for people with points. Might have got a few more along tomorrow. 

Looks like it won't be a big crowd but hopefully Killie can fill most of their 2 sections.