***Official Heart of Midlothian v Kilmarnock Match Thread***

tartofmidlothian

Question :  Is there one main reason or just a number of issues why we haven’t sold more tickets for this Killie League Cup game tomorrow night. 
informed or silly answers allowed.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruyff

• CloustonHMFC

• Don Dan

• Francis Albert

David McCaig
18 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Question :  Is there one main reason or just a number of issues why we haven’t sold more tickets for this Killie League Cup game tomorrow night. 

Surely just sheer volume of games even though Hearts have got the pricing spot on for this one.

AC Mallin_51

I’m not going tomorrow for the simple reason I’m backshift and would need to take a half day to go. I’d rather use holidays for the European games and the midweek league games like Rangers at the start of February. If I was dayshift I would probably have been there, simple as that 

25 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

Silly question imo. 

Some people are skint and are prioritising European games over a LC tie. 

Even Old Firm lose a high percentage of their attendances for LC games for the same reason as us. 

30 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

What's the attendance looking like, maybe around a Hibs home game, 9?

Looks like being closer to 5 than 9 currently. 

AlphonseCapone

I'm going tomorrow (weirdly looking forward to it) but it hasn't been cheap supporting Hearts the last couple of months. That would be true in normal times, never mind just now when so many are struggling in general at the cost of living. 

If you're making any comment on folk not going tomorrow then you're an utter balloon. 

We_are_the_Hearts

We will be going but can understand why folk wouldn’t. Being in my 40s I still prefer cup games to League games.

1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

So I would have went had it been a weekend. Hard to justify another midweek game after the European one last week when I go every 2nd week for home games.

The Zurich, St Johnstone and Killie games have been quite close together. 

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, mitch41 said:

I suspect it is mostly down to simple finances for a lot of people. 

Most st holders will be shelllng out £100 this week. 

A low turnout will be disappointing but not surprising 

Fozzyonthefence
2 hours ago, Thought Police said:

But they'll cry when they don't have enough points to go to Easter Road or Florence.

People have plenty reasons not to be forking out money for football matches at the moment, I don’t see any need to turn it into a point scoring exercise and it’s none of our business why they aren’t going.  

And talking about points, is one loyalty point for a mid week League Cup game really going to make any difference for a system that might only be utilised one more time this season?

Spare ticket going for tomorrow (Gorgie stand). Had to cancel my flight back to Edinburgh so unfortunately won’t be there. It’s a digital ticket so easy to email to anyone if they could use it. Not looking for anything for it - just would rather it didn’t go to waste.

scott herbertson
6 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Loads of reasons as people have stated but a key one is it is not on the season ticket so it is cash people may not have spare.

For me its more that I can't get back to Dunkeld after midweek games so it basically takes two days out of my busy life, and I'll probably have to do that 2 or 3 times for the European games

Gorgie_Rules

Expensive time to be a hearts fan at the moment, and not every fan has the time in their lives through family, work commitments etc to attend 2 games a week. 

Can understand why many would chose this one to miss out.

That aside, it doesnt make this game any less important to the club, another great chance to get to Hampden again if we get through with a bit luck in the draw.

Bit of a bad feeling about it but hopefully more rotation and a few good performances.

Gordon

Atkinson Sibbick Neilson Kingsley

New German  Haring

Grant  C. Smith  Gino

Shankland

Halliday, Henderson, M. Smith, GMS to feature. 2-1 Hearts

This is exactly the type of game that should have a big amount of LP's on offer. Unlimited supply, no one going to miss out. Give people opportunity to build them. Then even if people end up buying with no intention of going it's money to the club anyway.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Gorgie_Rules said:

Expensive time to be a hearts fan at the moment, and not every fan has the time in their lives through family, work commitments etc to attend 2 games a week. 

Can understand why many would chose this one to miss out.

That aside, it doesnt make this game any less important to the club, another great chance to get to Hampden again if we get through with a bit luck in the draw.

Bit of a bad feeling about it but hopefully more rotation and a few good performances.

Gordon

Atkinson Sibbick Neilson Kingsley

New German  Haring

Grant  C. Smith  Gino

Shankland

Halliday, Henderson, M. Smith, GMS to feature. 2-1 Hearts

Agreed, can’t wait. 
Can’t see Atkinson playing and I think if Kingsley is fit it will be at CH. New guy won’t have a work permit. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Panagiotis said:

This is exactly the type of game that should have a big amount of LP's on offer. Unlimited supply, no one going to miss out. Give people opportunity to build them. Then even if people end up buying with no intention of going it's money to the club anyway.

Definitely, can’t have the peasants catching up with the LPs though. 

Tynecastle Valhalla

Gordon 

smith 

neilson

kingsley

cochrane

haring

devlin

forrest

mckay

ginnelly

shankland 

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'd make sure Kingsley was fully fit for Livi, particularly on the plastic: -

Gordon - Smith, Sibbick, Neilson, Cochrane - Haring, Halliday - Forrest, McKay, Mackay-Steven - Shankland

Games coming thick and fast, squad depth will be tested.  Hoping to see the likes of Henderson and Smith starting to see if they are able to mix it against Premiership level.  Would be silly to risk some of our injured boys in this. League takes priority over the League Cup. 

As for attendance, not surprising to be honest, football fans tend to have short term memories.  It's never a chore for me to watch Hearts.

1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Not decided if I’ll go yet . However I do like night games , so probably will . 

Oh, go on ... go on ...

The lack of signings over the past few days plus the new serious injuries will be a dampener

Imo.

I suspect 10,000 will be around the mark.

Important that we win.  This is a trophy we can win.

Had to pick and choose the games I can make since we decided to be so damn successful at staying in competitions past the early rounds and this one is unfortunately one I cannot make 

I am guessing there is no other way to watch it though 

What is frustrating is that the BBC radio coverage will still probably be of the game that Premier Sports chose to show and not the games that they chose to ignore ……….. add that to the fact that Premier Sports do not let any one else show the games that they fail to take up for TV and it is a bit shit if you can not make it along ………… first and hope fully the only home game I will miss this season too

Is it on Hearts TV international

Really looking forward to this. Some of our football this season has been a joy to watch. Hope the injuries don’t **** us up but by and large the players who have stepped in so far have grabbed their chance. 

Geoff Kilpatrick
33 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Had to pick and choose the games I can make since we decided to be so damn successful at staying in competitions past the early rounds and this one is unfortunately one I cannot make 

I am guessing there is no other way to watch it though 

What is frustrating is that the BBC radio coverage will still probably be of the game that Premier Sports chose to show and not the games that they chose to ignore ……….. add that to the fact that Premier Sports do not let any one else show the games that they fail to take up for TV and it is a bit shit if you can not make it along ………… first and hope fully the only home game I will miss this season too

Is it on Hearts TV international

Yes

On 29/08/2022 at 14:01, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Bold call Sid, what about Kingsley?

Neilson has today confirmed my bold call. 
Halkett nearly there but may not risk. Could be bench. 

scott herbertson
5 minutes ago, karipidis said:

Ginelly a doubt as well.

is there going to be a stream available? 

Stream of abuse is available on this match thread, unless we score early

Sierra Delta

Won't be going tonight unfortunately, European games have cost a fair bit recently and take priority over the League Cup. 

I'd like to see Connor Smith given a chance tonight, Shankland should be nowhere near the starting XI so maybe give Henderson a run out too. 

Midloth_Iain
11 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Stream of abuse is available on this match thread, unless we score early

Also available inside the stadium  ...

I suspect quite a few changes tonight

Team selection is going to be interesting. 

I'm expecting a tough game and, maybe, a long night but that's fine as long as we progress.

Hearts 3-2, again, AET.

Dick Dastardly

I'm not sure if i guessed at a team already but here is another one, if thats the case. 

Personally i wouldn't risk anyone who isn't 100% fit so that's influenced my choices and I wouldn't risk Shankland until we sign another striker or two. 

Gordon

Sibbick Neilson Haring Cochrane

Forrest         Halliday          GMS 

C. Smith

Ginnelly Henderson

Thought Police
53 minutes ago, Sierra Delta said:

Won't be going tonight unfortunately, European games have cost a fair bit recently and take priority over the League Cup. 

I'd like to see Connor Smith given a chance tonight, Shankland should be nowhere near the starting XI so maybe give Henderson a run out too. 

Take it you don't mind if we lose then? Henderson has never shown anything at this level.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 hours ago, Sid said:

Neilson has today confirmed my bold call. 
Halkett nearly there but may not risk. Could be bench. 

Great call Sid 👍

Delighted we have some important players coming back in, as we lose two.

I think we prioritised this over Sunday, reckon Bob is keen to win a cup, expect to see a pretty strong team tonight, Nielson to continue, Cochrane and Kingsley back in, maybe a place for Connor Smith.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Sooks said:

Link to where Ginnelly has been listed as doubtful any one ?

At a guess, Bob confirmed Sunday a couple want to leave by Thursday, he may be having a medical elsewhere

Bungalow Bill
22 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

I'm not sure if i guessed at a team already but here is another one, if thats the case. 

Personally i wouldn't risk anyone who isn't 100% fit so that's influenced my choices and I wouldn't risk Shankland until we sign another striker or two. 

Gordon

Sibbick Neilson Haring Cochrane

Forrest         Halliday          GMS 

C. Smith

Ginnelly Henderson

Decent team, I’d expect that team to win in the 90. 

fabienleclerq
6 hours ago, Kiwidoug said:

The lack of signings over the past few days plus the new serious injuries will be a dampener

Imo.

I suspect 10,000 will be around the mark.

Important that we win.  This is a trophy we can win.

Looking at etickets you are probably half that