• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• periodictabledancer

• We_are_the_Hearts

• alicante jambo

• graygo

1 hour ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Just a heads up that there are train strikes planned for September 15 & 17 which might potentially effect people's plans who aren't flying direct from Edinburgh.

Looks like the 15th will be basically zero trains running in the Uk, 17th is RMT only so should still see about 20% of services running, mostly on the main lines, fingers crossed we get something back from leeds 

7 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Looks like the 15th will be basically zero trains running in the Uk, 17th is RMT only so should still see about 20% of services running, mostly on the main lines, fingers crossed we get something back from leeds 

I fly into Newcastle on the 16th and have a train booked, but given the disruption each day either side I'm expecting it to be a bit manic.

1 hour ago, Bob Loblaw said:

I fly into Newcastle on the 16th and have a train booked, but given the disruption each day either side I'm expecting it to be a bit manic.

Newcastle - Edinburgh is being diverted up the LNER line at the mo as well. 3hrs+

You'd be cheaper and quicker getting the bus.

17 hours ago, Alan_R said:

Looked at via talinn. 170miles+ is the bus not up to 6hours some routes

its cheap but you'd have to be keen for that ontop of the travel to Liverpool 

Pretty sure it's about 4.5 hours.it was a lovely bus that I used when hearts played in tallinn.luxexpress or flixbus.

52 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Newcastle - Edinburgh is being diverted up the LNER line at the mo as well. 3hrs+

You'd be cheaper and quicker getting the bus.

Newcastle - Edinburgh IS the LNER line.

Do you mean diverted via Carlisle?

53 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Newcastle - Edinburgh IS the LNER line.

Do you mean diverted via Carlisle?

I never read details tbh. But I'm going to Newcastle mid September and the bus was 45mins less than train due to a diversion 

21 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

I never read details tbh. But I'm going to Newcastle mid September and the bus was 45mins less than train due to a diversion 

Was that possibly a Sunday? They often do works on the Sunday which slows it down.

Train I have booked is scheduled to take about 80 minutes. 

4 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Was that possibly a Sunday? They often do works on the Sunday which slows it down.

Newcastle to Edinburgh is usually 90m.

27 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

*Normally* the bus is 2:55 and the train is 1:30. 

If the train goes via Carlisle it takes around 3 hours. 

Allowayjambo1874
1 minute ago, Bob Loblaw said:

What one are you on Bob? I’m booked on 1332 to Edinburgh but I desperately need it to be on time (need to be back in Ayr for 1800). Stupid question time, is there any way we will know in advance if that train will run or is it just a case of them deciding last minute? Any info gratefully received thanks 

29 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Aye I mean obviously Ive been to Newcastle loads of times but on the weekend of 24th ( a Saturday) they all had diversion warnings when I was trying to book) 

Glad yours seems to be sorted. hopefully nothing to worry about then 👍

2 hours ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

What one are you on Bob? I’m booked on 1332 to Edinburgh but I desperately need it to be on time (need to be back in Ayr for 1800). Stupid question time, is there any way we will know in advance if that train will run or is it just a case of them deciding last minute? Any info gratefully received thanks 

I'm on the 13.54 on Friday 16th. As far as I know its scheduled to run as expected. However there are strikes on the 15th and 17th so it wouldn't be a stretch to think trains on the 16th could be effected in some way ehen more people will be trying to travel. Hopefully not though.

Footballfirst

Anyone looking for flights from Liverpool to Tallin, a return flight is available Wed-Sun for just £16.

Could work for anyone prepared to hire a car or live with bus travel and wants to experience the Baltics beyond the football.

https://www.skyscanner.net/transport/flights/lpl/tll/220914/220918/?adults=1&adultsv2=1&cabinclass=economy&children=0&childrenv2=&destinationentityid=27547202&inboundaltsenabled=false&infants=0&originentityid=27544132&outboundaltsenabled=false&preferdirects=false&ref=home&rtn=1

image.thumb.png.ccd2a0b80d197a76908bf35bf9a24303.png

Has it been confirmed for definite that this will be played at Skonto stadium? Seen a few stadiums mentioned but Skonto was listed on the UEFA website under our game details, so assuming this is right? 

1 hour ago, FionaHmfc said:

Has it been confirmed for definite that this will be played at Skonto stadium? Seen a few stadiums mentioned but Skonto was listed on the UEFA website under our game details, so assuming this is right? 

Yes

Chuck Berry had a good spot a couple of days ago earlier in the thread on the RFS website stating Skonto stadium

https://events.passportix.eu/event/rfs-hearts-6rry

20 hours ago, Forza Cuore said:

40 minute walk from our hotel past a number of pubs. Perfect 👍 

21 min walk from mine. Mostly via Elizabetes iela or Dzirnavu iela. Hopefully a large  reasonably  priced watering hole somewhere not to far from stadium.  

pettigrewsstylist
On 03/09/2022 at 10:12, FionaHmfc said:

Its on RFS website.

christhejambo
5 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Ive had some late tickets in Euro travels before. This one looks like it is gonna be messy. 

Still no indication of when these will go on sale I take it?

29 minutes ago, christhejambo said:

Must be some sort of news on this tomorrow, cutting it fine.

On 02/09/2022 at 11:44, graygo said:

Great stuff 👍 

Some horror stories on TripAdvisor about them and a mate of mine got stung once too.

I used them for zurich and paid for automatic online check in with an emailed boarding pass. Only appeared about two hours before I was due to fly. Wasn’t there when I arrived at zurich so had to use the check in desk and get a paper boarding pass. If you read the reviews then you wouldn’t use them. Thankfully I never and jumped on the cheapest flight I could find to zurich and it was them. I got there and back ok but had a few panicky moments. Decided to book direct to Florence and Riga with the airline themselves this time. Paid a bit more but I couldn’t take the anxiety of E-Dreams again 

Doing the Liverpool/Tallinn route, Wed to Sun but kind of gutted last night as I found Vilnius to Liverpool for £8 (yes, EIGHT GBP), which is a similar distance on a bus that would have got me home a day earlier. 

13 hours ago, christhejambo said:

this mornings post about the next stage of home ticket sales said still awaiting details for away tickets

We_are_the_Hearts
2 hours ago, Ribble said:

this mornings post about the next stage of home ticket sales said still awaiting details for away tickets

Cutting it fine if posting out. 

10 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Cutting it fine if posting out. 

Hearts twitter just responded to a tweet saying 'they should know in a couple of days' so can imagine tickets will either be digital or collect from the TO thursday or sunday

We_are_the_Hearts
Just now, Ribble said:

Hearts twitter just responded to a tweet saying 'they should know in a couple of days' so can imagine tickets will either be digital or collect from the TO thursday or sunday

Hope they are digital as collection will be a pain. 

4 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Will all depend on the capabilities of the away stadiums

1 hour ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Anyone doing Edinburgh to London to Oslo to Riga on Wednesday morning?

Hi, yes me and the missus are doing this as well. Going to be a long day starting at 6am. 

1 hour ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Could be collect in Riga.....

We_are_the_Hearts
10 minutes ago, daftie said:

Hi, yes me and the missus are doing this as well. Going to be a long day starting at 6am. 

Arrive in Riga about 17:35? No doubt see you on the flight, going with my 2 teenage laddies. 

It should’ve been 12!

We are staying in the Wellton Centrum Hotel too which is in the city centre. 2 of us arrive from Dublin at 22:10 on Tuesday 13/09 and our flight back is 23:45 on Friday 16/09 back to Dublin.

We have booked an airport transfer - Riga Airport to Wellton Centrum Hotel and have 2 spaces in it, it cost €25 but happy to do it for €5pp as appreciate you would have to get from our hotel to yours on the Tuesday night.

Plus have 2 spaces for the return flight again happy to do for €5pp. 👍🇱🇻

We_are_the_Hearts
9 minutes ago, It should’ve been 12! said:

We are staying in the Wellton Centrum Hotel too which is in the city centre. 2 of us arrive from Dublin at 22:10 on Tuesday 13/09 and our flight back is 23:45 on Friday 16/09 back to Dublin.

We have booked an airport transfer - Riga Airport to Wellton Centrum Hotel and have 2 spaces in it, it cost €25 but happy to do it for €5pp as appreciate you would have to get from our hotel to yours on the Tuesday night.

Plus have 2 spaces for the return flight again happy to do for €5pp. 👍🇱🇻

How did you book the transfer?

2 hours ago, FionaHmfc said:

What’s everyone hotel plans for staying in Riga? 

Mosaic hotel for us. Cheap as but not as grim as some of them. 50 a night

If it's same company in Prague they are decent

Short walk to square and stadium

portobellojambo1
20 hours ago, christhejambo said:

I was speaking to the ticket office yesterday (I know it was Sunday but I needed an answer to something and someone was in yesterday) and they confirmed they were still waiting to hear about the away ties but would make info. available as soon as they have it.

thehibsareintheirbeds

Managed to get a flight back from Riga to Newcastle on the Friday for 160 so just went for it. Cheap flight from luton Thursday too.