***Official RIGA travel thread***

JimmyCant

On 27/09/2022 at 08:07, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Tan it no one else has heard from Ryan Air about their claim?

£700 paid into my account this morning for the laddie and I.Made the claim on 19/9/22

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• periodictabledancer

• We_are_the_Hearts

• alicante jambo

• graygo

We_are_the_Hearts
1 minute ago, GorgieJim said:

£700 paid into my account this morning for the laddie and I.Made the claim on 19/9/22

Made claim that day as well and still heard nowt apart from acknowledgement email

9 minutes ago, Peteg75 said:

I've just been informed my claim. BERLIN TO RIGA around 3.5 hours late . Will give me a refund.. cost 14.99.. refund 250 . So happy enough.  😂

And once again 🥳

We should have a compo totaliser!

3 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Be 2 as i think it is 350 for long haul and 220 for shorter flights

The compensation is €250 for flights up to 1500km, and €400 for flights between 1500km and 3500km

My mates got £350 each for the KUN-EDI flight (1725km)

21 minutes ago, DB-14 said:

Applied for my Kaunas flight delay last Friday and £349 in the account today. :)

I think you got conned out of a quid! 😠

But a sweet payout.

From another google I read it as, if uk airport, then is now fixed in pounds (shame as pound has fallen). Of course I am easily wrong.

For UK airport arrive or depart , or UK airline.

Up to 1500km 3hrs+ pays £220.

1,500 to 3,500km 3hrs+ pays £350.

Over 3,500km might need to be 4hrs+ pays £520.

Seems to match some folks payouts of £350 pp.

If EU to EU on EU airline I think is in Euros, converted to Pounds.

Same kms as above, €250, €400, €600.

And may not need 4hrs+ for longer flights. 

Might explain some uneven payouts if they are Euro conversions. Or even payouts of £250 instead of €250 for simplicity for them.

Most claims above involved a UK airport and seem to be £350 for 3hr+ delay.

As always do not get drawn into some dodgy companies web page offering to help you claim. Then they take a big chunk. Claim direct. I think Kaunas payouts were claimed via Ryanair link referred to above.

I just tested one such 'helping site'. I filled in Ryanair and Kaunas and they brought up a list of flights. On picking the Edinburgh one.....

Congratulations you may be entitled to €400 compensation.

Then asks for more details (I did not fill in). Also mentions no fee if no compensation, but 25% of any payout and £25 admin would be taken as fees!

Do not use these sites!

AirBaltic just paid me the £81 'courtesy payment' for the strike impacted cancelled flight. Seem a decent airline to me. All my claims done. £201 received in total. Airline and Travel Insurance.

On 29/09/2022 at 14:44, mack515151 said:

I just tested one such 'helping site'. I filled in Ryanair and Kaunas and they brought up a list of flights. On picking the Edinburgh one.....

Congratulations you may be entitled to €400 compensation.

Then asks for more details (I did not fill in). Also mentions no fee if no compensation, but 25% of any payout and £25 admin would be taken as fees!

Do not use these sites!

I tried to get a refund from ryanair through a compensation company. Then I read that ryanair don't deal with 3rd parties. Submitted a claim to ryanair myself and got the refund

6 hours ago, Sherbet said:

I tried to get a refund from ryanair through a compensation company. Then I read that ryanair don't deal with 3rd parties. Submitted a claim to ryanair myself and got the refund

Good to know Ryanair don't deal with these companies, and even better you got the full amount direct to yourself

💰💰

1 minute ago, mack515151 said:

Good to know Ryanair don't deal with these companies, and even better you got the full amount direct to yourself

💰💰

Cheers

21 hours ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

I was 2hrs55 to mallorca the other day with Ryanair gutted 🤣

I bet they were rushing to get the door open when on stand, like a F1 pit crew! Unlucky! 

On 01/10/2022 at 09:35, gorgierulesapply88 said:

I was 2hrs55 to mallorca the other day with Ryanair gutted 🤣

Remember it’s when the aircraft doors open at your destination………that might give you that extra 5 minutes needed??

1 hour ago, Official_AB said:

Still waiting on my claim from RyanAir 🙄! Submitted the day we landed, still nothing 

Ryanair Help Centre says they will 'aim' to process your claim within 10 days.

https://help.ryanair.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360017825538-EU-261-Passenger-Rights

Guess if they mean 10 working days then hopefully processed today/soon. But even so just a target. No idea if often they exceed that.

You might want to chase up but doesn't sound like others had too. Others may be able to comment (I have only read about the general process) but if you have a reference number from submitting your claim then hopefully a chase up should be easy enough (other than a long call I guess).

Good luck, hopefully they send you an update this week unprompted.

We_are_the_Hearts
2 hours ago, Official_AB said:

Still waiting on my claim from RyanAir 🙄! Submitted the day we landed, still nothing 

I’m still waiting as well

gorgierulesapply88
1 hour ago, goldie83 said:

Remember it’s when the aircraft doors open at your destination………that might give you that extra 5 minutes needed??

I'll look into that a bit further when home Wednesday evening.