• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• periodictabledancer

• We_are_the_Hearts

• alicante jambo

• graygo

Heartsmad1874

Can fly out the Tuesday/Thursday but the next return flight is on the Sunday.

Best possible alternative i can find is a early Wednesday morning Ryanair flight from Stansted to Riga, there is an afternoon one too but arrives way too late into the night to enjoy scenes like we had in Affekt in St Gallen the night before match.

Would mean having to come down the Tuesday night from wherever and maybe staying in the airport until the flight.

Can't see too many other viable options for this one. 

Edited by Heartsmad1874

Heartsmad1874
1 minute ago, JamboCampbell said:

potential for this one to be moved? not sure if theres bigger stadia nearby?

Game against Linfield was played at Skonto Riga's stadium.

RFS ground is way too small and theres no way it meets UEFA requirements

CloustonHMFC
53 minutes ago, Heartsmad1874 said:

Can fly out the Tuesday/Thursday but the next return flight is on the Sunday.

Best possible alternative i can find is a early Wednesday morning Ryanair flight from Stansted to Riga, there is an afternoon one too but arrives way too late into the night to enjoy scenes like we had in Affekt in St Gallen the night before match.

Would mean having to come down the Tuesday night from wherever and maybe staying in the airport until the flight.

Can't see too many other viable options for this one. 

The good thing is Riga is way cheaper for accommodation and beer if you need to stay until the Sunday. 

Loads of options via Amsterdam, Dublin or Frankfurt......Wednesday to Saturday. I'm praying were there 27th October or 3rd November 🙏

Edited by GYL

1 minute ago, GYL said:

Loads of options via Amsterdam, Dublin or Frankfurt......Wednesday to Saturday. I'm praying were there 27th October or 2nd November 🙏

Don't think my girl would be too pleased if it's 27th October. That's her birthday :laugh:

Dennis Reynolds
2 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Don't think my girl would be too pleased if it's 27th October. That's her birthday :laugh:

Just tell her you've bought her a nice romantic trip to Riga 👀

Heartsmad1874
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

Up for this one, looking at going Wednesday to Friday. Doable for a few quid over £100.

Whats your route?

Just now, Dennis Reynolds said:

Just tell her you've bought her a nice romantic trip to Riga 👀

Yep, I chuck in a bottle of Latvian vodka too 😋 If your going get yourself a bottle its lovely. 

Just now, Seaside Dave said:

Is the dates out for this fixture or how you planning this ? 

Will be out tomorrow morning at the latest but scheduled flights tend to be the same week in week out.

14 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Brilliant birthday gift for her....wee trip to Riga with Dad🤷

Seaside Dave

Cheapest I can do riga is the final group game on 3rd November. Dublin direct to Riga for 97 quid wed morning and flight home Friday 

Only looked at dates for a couple of games but can go Edinburgh to Kaunas out on the Tuesday back on the Saturday for less than £50 return. There's a good quick train service between Kaunas and Vilnius and then several buses a day between Vilnius and Riga. There may even be direct buses between Kaunas and Riga, not looked into that. 

Edinburgh to Tallinn is out very early Wednesday and back in time for our Sunday match. Seems to be around £55 return at the moment and again there's a decent bus service between the two cities.

alicante jambo
37 minutes ago, GYL said:

Loads of options via Amsterdam, Dublin or Frankfurt......Wednesday to Saturday. I'm praying were there 27th October or 3rd November 🙏

Is that from edinburgh? What airline you looking at bud?

Riga is a nice city. Wouldn't want to stay longer than a couple of days, as you run out of places to visit. Pretty much the same as Talinn and Vilnius. Hotel Justus is good and cheap and very central.

It’s going to be whenever the dates are with the games for me but this is the away game that I prefer, second is Fiorentina. Dont fancy Istanbul (possibly 3rd choice) but to be fair I’ve heard it’s a great place to visit, unless I can’t get a ticket I’ll be roaring them on somewhere (hopefully)

Edited by One five

4 hours ago, alicante jambo said:

Is that from edinburgh? What airline you looking at bud?

Edinburgh and Glasgow....used Skyscanner, klm, ryanair and Lufthansa

5 hours ago, GYL said:

Brilliant birthday gift for her....wee trip to Riga with her man 

Fyfy

my girl will be 41  :laugh2: 

Don't know what it is like given the current Russian conflict with Ukraine and how hospitable the Latvians are to their neighbours. I was there 10 years ago, just be very careful if you do. Our party had a total of £9k ripped off us by varying means, drugging, taken down a basement and not allowed to leave, the old charged £100 for a bottle of champagne. Russian organised crime was awash. Beware of the honey trap..... I actually had an excellent time, got split up from everyone else while it was all happening and got a lift home in a police van later on that morning 😂

Looks like the best way to do it if you don't want to stay in riga too long is get a flix bus down to kaunas on the Friday and fly home Saturday. 

alicante jambo
9 hours ago, GYL said:

Edinburgh and Glasgow....used Skyscanner, klm, ryanair and Lufthansa

Thanks again appreciated.

14 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Newcastle to riga wed to fri

Who flys from Newcastle on the Wednesday 

Edited by Arry

Fxxx the SPFL

Laddie’s partner isLithuanian and she says watch out for the Lager called Oskar really strong goes for your legs first 

fabienleclerq
10 minutes ago, Arry said:

Who flys from Newcastle on the Wednesday 

KLM to Amsterdam,  1:45ish there then riga

alicante jambo

Anyone doing the edin to kaunas roite and if so how easy is it to get a hotel near to where the bus leaves to riga? Kaunas flight gets in late on the tuesday night so would deffo need to stay in a hotel

1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

Newcastle to riga wed to fri

I don't see this flight option on Skyscanner; what airline is that with?

Edit: I can see a flight from Riga to Newcastle on the Friday but it is >£300. Too rich for my blood.

Edited by Jambos_1874

Ford Prentice

Booked Ryanair 11th to 18th for only £68. Means I'm there a week but so cheap I can just ditch one of the flights if I find a better option.

All booked for my first European trip!

Edinburgh to Tallinn early doors on the Wednesday.

Kaunas to Edinburgh late night on Saturday.

Take in the match (hopefully) and explore 3 beautiful cities for £75 or so, not too bad!

alicante jambo

Booked edin to kaunas flying out tuesday and returning saturday. Looking for any info on how to get from kaunas to riga. Also what part of the city is the stadium in so to look for hotels near there.

periodictabledancer
7 minutes ago, alicante jambo said:

Booked edin to kaunas flying out tuesday and returning saturday. Looking for any info on how to get from kaunas to riga. Also what part of the city is the stadium in so to look for hotels near there.

I'm looking at trains to do some sightseeing in reverse. It doesn't look great. From what I've found so far , no direct trains and it's a long journey. Good luck. 

periodictabledancer
31 minutes ago, Djnoisy said:

Booked via Leeds to Vilnius for peanuts on the Wed 14th - Fri 16th 

Easy route into Riga from there.  

How you getting Vilnius to Riga ?

alicante jambo
7 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

I'm looking at trains to do some sightseeing in reverse. It doesn't look great. From what I've found so far , no direct trains and it's a long journey. Good luck. 

Bus is fine for us. Even if its 4 or 5 hours got loads of time. No sure how much a taxi would be right enough.

14 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

How you getting Vilnius to Riga ?

Bus or car hire. Both under £70 for the trip and about 3 1/2 hours.  It'll be myself and my teenage son who will be going. 

Edited by Djnoisy

periodictabledancer
1 minute ago, Djnoisy said:

Bus or car hire. Both under £70 for the trip. 

I was thinking about doing some sightseeing but the trains don't seem joined up in the Baltic states and the journey times are crazy - 6 hours, 2 trains Vilnius-Kaunus , its only 200 miles. 

Gonna have to be car hire for me. :sad3:

12 minutes ago, periodictabledancer said:

There aren't any international trains in the Baltics unfortunately (they're working on it but I don't think construction has even started yet).

Flixbus and LuxExpress have great, cheap coaches between Vilnius, Riga and Tallinn. There used to be a minibus service between Kaunas airport and the Old Town of Vilnius I assume there still is (its about 12 years since I was last there though). If not there's definitely a decent train service between central Kaunas and Vilnius though.